3. Suggestions

Convertible Yakuza Stinger

Staunton Assassin

Staunton Assassin

Convertible Yakuza Stinger

by @Staunton Assassin

About:

Spoiler

Convertible Yakuza Stinger simply turns the Yakuza Stinger's roof in III into an extra component, allowing the car to randomly appear either with or without the roof, just like the civilian Stinger does.
As a bonus, this mod also includes a separate, additional version based on the fixed Yakuza Stinger model featured in Mugetsuga's Fixed Vehicles Pack for III alongside several optional extras.

Features:

Spoiler

- All-new optional color schemes for the Yakuza Stinger: Yakuza '98, Renegade Squad and Japanese Mob.
- Optional improved handling attributes that bring the Yakuza Stinger on par with the civilian Stinger.
- Optional Early BETA-styled undetailed Yakuza Stinger body textures.
- Optional fixed Yakuza Stinger audio CLEO script that makes the Yakuza Stinger's sound effects match the civilian Stinger ones, just like in LCS.

Known Issues:

Spoiler

The environment mapping is badly broken on both vanilla and fixed models. There are reflections under the car, in the trunk, on the seats... everywhere.
So until this bug gets fixed, I've decided to temporarily "remove" all vehicle reflections by replacing the reflection texture with a blank, fully transparent image. Sorry about that!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

CGx0RtA.png

The model shown here is actually based on Mugetsuga's fixed Yakuza Stinger model, to be precise.
Also, there's no point in showing the roof version or the vanilla-based model since there's hardly any difference.

Download:

Credits:

Spoiler

Broken environment mapping bug fix (at least for the first release) - @Jinx.

Fixed Yakuza Stinger model - @Mugetsuga
The rest of the mod - @Staunton Assassin

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 6
Staunton Assassin
6 minutes ago, gts. said:

Nice work. A small tip, you should have created it based on Mugetsuga's fixed vehicles:p

I wish I could, but ZModeler totally messes up the reflections of every vehicle model it exports and I don't wanna run around asking for help each time I do that. So this is the only vehicle mod you'll see from me.

2 minutes ago, Staunton Assassin said:

I wish I could, but ZModeler totally messes up the reflections of every vehicle model it exports and I don't wanna run around asking for help each time I do that. So this is the only vehicle mod you'll see from me.

Oh, that's why then. Anyway, nice work. This model could fit the Enhanced Vehicle Extras project.

I could maybe do it one day. Not sure if Mugetsuga used The Hero's tool. That might be an issue, but nothing that can't be solved.

57 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

I could maybe do it one day. Not sure if Mugetsuga used The Hero's tool. That might be an issue, but nothing that can't be solved.

breddy sure he used kams

• Like 1
Staunton Assassin
12 hours ago, zmudziak32 said:

It would be possible to make spoiler also optional?(spawn random) for both stinger and yakuza variant?

Unfortunately, that's not possible. The Yakuza Stinger's spoiler is attached to it's trunk and if I turn into an extra, it'll lose it's ability of looking damaged when you damage the trunk.

15 hours ago, Inadequate said:

Really nice work here. I've done this based on Mugetsuga's fixed vehicles, matching it with the Stinger geometry wise, except dimensions.

I'll upload it later if @Staunton Assassin allow me do so.

Just wondering, what did Mugetsuga fix about the Yakuza Stinger in his fixed vehicles pack?

9 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Just wondering, what did Mugetsuga fix about the Yakuza Stinger in his fixed vehicles pack?

It was damaged and undamaged parts with secondary color not matching and blending at all.

• Like 1
Staunton Assassin
14 hours ago, gts. said:

It was damaged and undamaged parts with secondary color not matching and blending at all.

Well, I guess I might make an additional version based on Mugetsuga's work soon. Thanks.:)

• 1 month later...
Staunton Assassin

Well, after dealing with all of the troubles I had to face while making this mod in ZModeler, I thought this mod would be a simple one and done job after which I would take rest while planning my next mod.
But oh well, here goes an update... or should I say, Convertible Yakuza Stinger: Enhanced Edition?

- Added three new color schemes as an optional extra: Yakuza '98 (LCS scheme), Renegade Squad (long story) and Japanese Mob (also long story). Just three for now, but I'll add some more of them, eventually.
- Added improved handling attributes based on the civilian Stinger as an optional extra. Now the Yakuza Stinger is on par with the civilian Stinger with the new handling attributes.
- Added the civilian Stinger's extra component rules to the Yakuza Stinger. Now the roof extra's appearance behavior matches the civilian Stinger and it's more likely to appear during rainy weather.

- Added the "HAS_NO_ROOF" handling attribute flag to the Yakuza Stinger's handling attributes to match the civilian Stinger.

- The entire model has now been redone from the vanilla base to get rid of any possible mistakes I did earlier.
- Fixed the roof extra's front-side edge overlapping with the upper strip of the windshield frame by making the roof's shape and size match the ones of the civilian Stinger's roof extra.
- Replaced the taken-from-the-civilian-Stinger windshield frame with the original Yakuza Stinger one and only cut-pasted the inner part of the windshield frame's upper strip from the civilian Stinger.
- Finished off the model with just one export, hopefully preventing any possible model or texture bugs.

- Added a separate, additional version based on the fixed Yakuza Stinger model featured in Mugetsuga's Fixed Vehicles Pack for III.
- The original version based on the vanilla model has been kept in case if you don't use Liberty City: The Leftover Fixes/Mugetsuga's Fixed Vehicles Pack or simply prefer a completely vanilla experience.
- Added Early BETA-styled undetailed Yakuza Stinger body textures as an optional extra.
- Added fixed Yakuza Stinger audio CLEO script as an optional extra, now the Yakuza Stinger's sound effects match the civilian Stinger, just like in LCS.

Also, here's a brand-new screenshot showing off the latest revision of the model and the new color schemes:

CGx0RtA.png

The model shown here is actually based on Mugetsuga's fixed Yakuza Stinger model, to be precise.

Also, there's no point in showing the roof version or the vanilla-based model since there's hardly any difference.

Unfortunately, the broken environment mapping bug is back again and I couldn't get it fixed this time around because Jinx. was busy in real life.
So until that pesky bug gets looked into, you're gonna have to cope with no reflections on any vehicles.

Anyways, the OP has been updated. Have fun and please post your feedback!

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1
Inadequate

Great work on the update, a lot of stuff there.

Spoiler

Don't mind the reaction, is just for fun. :p

• Like 1
gts.

Nice work. And as the description says, it got enhanced indeed with this update lol.

• Like 1