3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Bitch & Moan

FrancisMcReary

Yeah, Rockstar won't get the message until people stop playing and paying money.

But I thought people knew "biggest update" = biggest download size, with a lot of that due to new music.

7 hours ago, Polynoid said:

f*ck your opinion about FiveM.

Single player is fine though.

I dunno, man. Irrational but I find it slightly annoying that whenever anyone references modding, the consensus always goes straight to FiveM. SP exists, y'know.

I haven't played this game in months, except to collect the monthly login bonus, thought I would give it a try. A heist that you can do solo, is a heist that has my interest, because other people are always the weakest link in that kind of thing.

Doing a setup mission, and there was 2 AI helicopters following me back to the submarine at all times, with their cheap little f*cking aimbots, thought I'd get rid of them because I was going through my entire snack supply, shot down first 2 and another 2 came, so shot them down, and another 2 came as well - infinitely respawning?

Whoever the f*ck decided that was a good idea needs their head stomped on. In all the time out I've spent away from this game I forgot just how poor some of the design decisions really were with it. Think I'll complete this heist once but really not sure I'm going to stick around much longer with GTA Online after that, I feel like every time I actually play it in the last couple years I just find it so intensely frustrating how much Rockstar have done to ruin what was a perfectly good base to build an online game from.

Is there a way to skip the cut scenes? I had to restart the game because it froze when I was accessing to the security cameras. I'm tired of watching the same over and over.

1 hour ago, Schuimpruim said:

A very good point,

Your comment got me thinking:

What if Rockstar did not make the DLC themselves?

I mean, the quality of all the content (the island, the vehicles etc.) in this DLC is way below the usual Rockstar standard.

Maybe they outsourced their whole idea to a 3rd party who are just new into the game-development?

Please dont brand me as a tinfoil-hatter, but its just a thought.

I wouldn't brand you as a tinfoil hatter as your thoughts might very well be plausible reality. We all know Rockstar has been having problems with management, and resources might very well be affected by these problems.

Edited by Yinepi

Come now R*, you give me an underwater Stealth fortress AFTER the Arcade Update and you don't let me spend millions putting a Master Control Terminal in it?

I can move it around the map, launch my helicopter from it and yet I can't control my businesses? Shame.

31 minutes ago, mareepx said:

I haven't played this game in months, except to collect the monthly login bonus, thought I would give it a try. A heist that you can do solo, is a heist that has my interest, because other people are always the weakest link in that kind of thing.

Doing a setup mission, and there was 2 AI helicopters following me back to the submarine at all times, with their cheap little f*cking aimbots, thought I'd get rid of them because I was going through my entire snack supply, shot down first 2 and another 2 came, so shot them down, and another 2 came as well - infinitely respawning?

Whoever the f*ck decided that was a good idea needs their head stomped on. In all the time out I've spent away from this game I forgot just how poor some of the design decisions really were with it. Think I'll complete this heist once but really not sure I'm going to stick around much longer with GTA Online after that, I feel like every time I actually play it in the last couple years I just find it so intensely frustrating how much Rockstar have done to ruin what was a perfectly good base to build an online game from.

The trick is to use a jet for this part, basically go full speed ahead and fly up or down at about a 30 degree angle. the increase/decrease in altitude will prevent them from shooting you, and the rapid increase in distance between you and them will cause them to respawn. rinse and repeat. I did this about 3 times and they just stopped spawning after that. Maybe they gave up lol

I’ve got nothing to moan about really. It’s just a boring update. We have a worse version of the Nightclub, a worse version of the Akula, a worse version of the Bombushka and Volatol, boring characters and story, more tedious prepping... it’s just uninteresting. I had way more fun with the Doomsday Heist. It felt grander than the biggest update ever. I just don’t see any reason using any of the new content.

Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx
10 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

You know the drill. Separate one because it works usually.

• "You cannot use the periscope underwater" 🤯

Thought that was weird as well first. But isn't ther a difference with submerged and underwater? Underwater you're so deep down that the periscope cant reach the surface. But while being submerged you're still underwater but just beneath the surface. Hidden but you can use the periscope.

• Like 1

I remember playing Saints Row 3, and that I was thinking that the graphics were absolutely horrible. That’s exactly how I felt playing this update. I’ve been off GTA for months now, playing RDR2. GTA V is just too old for my taste. Compared to almost any current game it looks and especially feels absolutely atrocious. 

They really need to knock it out of the park with GTA 6. It has to be a HUGE map, even by today’s standards. And it needs a story mode that at the very least envokes the same kind of emotion that RDR2 did. I’m not sure they can do it because of the focus on online. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

Use of the character creator and character clothing to create and dress the island NPCs instead of creating new ones.

I don't see this as a bad thing as a whole. I've always hated how uncanny and out of place our characters look compared to the rest. When you have scenes that spawn Trevor with all its detail and then standing next to the protagonist it always gave me the idea that it was an imported character from a different game because how different the textures were. But even then, R*ckstar could create some new unique heads for those peds and keep the modified Online models to blend better, sadly that wasn't the case

do you guys agree that the armor on the sparrow is a little weak?

after i purchased and fully upgraded my new sub and added missiles to the sparrow i took out my new helicopter and tried it out and got taken out by one missile from an oppressor mk2.

25 minutes ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

I remember playing Saints Row 3, and that I was thinking that the graphics were absolutely horrible. That’s exactly how I felt playing this update. I’ve been off GTA for months now, playing RDR2. GTA V is just too old for my taste. Compared to almost any current game it looks and especially feels absolutely atrocious. 

They really need to knock it out of the park with GTA 6. It has to be a HUGE map, even by today’s standards. And it needs a story mode that at the very least envokes the same kind of emotion that RDR2 did. I’m not sure they can do it because of the focus on online. 

Because we have grown familiar with the existing GTA V map over a period of seven years, the map’s age and limitations graphically have probably not been too jarring. As soon as a whole new environment is delivered with the same visual limitations, the gameplay shortcomings and dated visuals are suddenly very glaring indeed. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LeakyLine said:

I dunno, man. Irrational but I find it slightly annoying that whenever anyone references modding, the consensus always goes straight to FiveM. SP exists, y'know.

I'm not about aggressive FiveM advertising, I am enjoying playing with mods in SP myself. What I see, we aren't getting Cayo Perico in freeroam on GTAO.

I can imagine people converting this feature for other multiplayer projects though and I revel in this imagination.

terrible .. just terrible , so bad ....

I just don´t get it , they had SOOO MANY MONTHS to work on "the biggest update ever " , still they´ve managed to mess it up ...

HOW THE HELL IS THIS ONE THE BIGGEST UPDATE EVER ? I just can´t see that at all ! oh wait , 250 new radio tracks with the "brand new hottest hits " , and a map expansion ...that you can´t even access unless you´re playing the finale or spying ( even when you´re doing that ,you´re just hiding and running ALL THE TIME so that you won´t be able to check ANYTHING new )

well the heist itself ... it´s just terrible , and painful somehow ( even the spying mission is soooo dull and painful , it took me litterally half an hour just to check the loot ,after beeing discovered 3 times )

and the cars  ... waw guys guess what ? we have an awesome , 1M $ new truck from the 60´s that we NEED to buy to have fun , and a new submarine for just 1.3 million ... DREAM vehicles ! 

and the bugs , the buuuugs in this update... 

this is BY far the WORST Update ever , ever ! worst than any updates I´ve witnessed since 2016 , and even before that ...

Edited by nido997
11 hours ago, SqualidCoyote said:

Evade the guards like a pro, climb the tower, hack the signal box, open my phone to use the app and BAM! The screen freezes and I get to listen to 18 minutes of bloody parrot noises. ARSECAKES

i had to quit out the game cause i thought it was broken smh ugh i guess ill just wait forever next time  -__-

1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

Come now R*, you give me an underwater Stealth fortress AFTER the Arcade Update and you don't let me spend millions putting a Master Control Terminal in it?

I can move it around the map, launch my helicopter from it and yet I can't control my businesses? Shame.

i'm guessing you can't even park a terrorbyte in it

2 minutes ago, cybapete said:

i'm guessing you can't even park a terrorbyte in it

Only things you can park in it are the Sparrow, the new Sub and the two Sub transforming cars.

Edited by RyuNova

Not so much a B&M but an observation, pretty much what I expected to see: you pay over $9m for a sub and extras, get paid $1.4m.

Anywhere but a game this kind of proposition would get you laughed out of the country.  🙄

On 12/16/2020 at 12:50 AM, kcole4001 said:

Not so much a B&M but an observation, pretty much what I expected to see: you pay over $9m for a sub and extras, get paid $1.4m.

*pushes up glasses*

Well, technically...you're not supposed to just buy everything outright. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

Edited by RyuNova
1 hour ago, xXxKAMIKAZExXx said:

I’ve got nothing to moan about really. It’s just a boring update. We have a worse version of the Nightclub, a worse version of the Akula, a worse version of the Bombushka and Volatol, boring characters and story, more tedious prepping... it’s just uninteresting. I had way more fun with the Doomsday Heist. It felt grander than the biggest update ever. I just don’t see any reason using any of the new content.

It seems they were really hindered due to covid and this is the top quality they could reach...  which is still surprising to me  considering that many industries have returned to work in different countries with the bio security measures...

Wow, Rockstar.. "Slippers Delivered" 

You guys are really getting wild. I just delivered some n**** some shoes? What the f*ck is really going on? 😆

I probably should have stopped playing this sh*t I level 136

7 minutes ago, darkmaster234 said:

It seems they were really hindered due to covid and this is the top quality they could reach...  which is still surprising to me  considering that many industries have returned to work in different countries with the bio security measures...

Or maybe they've just grown lazy and think we'll eat up whatever slop they throw at us like starved pigs, arrogant enough to think they can get away with it.

• Like 3

doing the heist solo seems super hard. i tried it once. and i did everything okay until i was leaving and trying to walk out the gate. then i get instantly melted. so i had to start it all over again. so the second time i decided to take a chance on a random. but i only took one because i did not want to loose much of my take. so we went in and did a decent job. and even completed the heist. but it was so chaotic. trying to armor up and have snacks every couple of seconds. i hate how the gta online health is so low compared to story mode. other than the heist. im disappointed that there is not much to do on the island and you have to be stealthy. i hate stealth. the vehicle selection is lame. although some dripfeed stuff seems decent. the clothes were lame. and im not a fan of having a new nightclub. when we already have our own. why not open bahama mamas? or tequi la la? so far im not a huge fan of the dlc. there are a few decent things. but not much.

2 hours ago, Conici said:

Why is our character totally fine with this new massive rival nightclub opening? 

LMAO I didn't even think about this hahhahaa 

not only are they fine with it, they get a VIP pass if they own the penthouse

• Like 3