4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Bitch & Moan

FrancisMcReary

I’m just disappointed I wasted a few hours preparing for this. I loaded GTA for the first time in well over a year to refresh myself with the controls and “get in the mood”. And after reading this thread I’m not even getting out of bed to download the update. Hell, I’m not sure I’ll even play today. Sounds like typical rockstar trash.

Side note: I play “no man’s sky” periodically and have done so for a couple of years. With every update they address the concerns of the fan base and actually improve the game. After their disaster of a launch they’ve redeemed themselves. They largely fix issues with the game while leaving money exploits or the “fun glitches” alone. They focus on making the user experience better. 

In 7 years GTA has gotten worse. They chase glitches and exploits but leave game breaking mechanics and push pay walls. Here was an opportunity to breathe life into a stale franchise...and this is how they do it? 

Yeah...if I play any game today it’ll be NMS, which to this day hasn’t implemented one pay wall or manipulated gameplay mechanics to make the game more of a grind. 

47 minutes ago, D T said:

Recycling the nightclub interior from an update 2 years ago

Hiding the island behind a paywall

The new characters being legitimately lower poly than GTA IV characters

Still forcing their excruciatingly bad stealth mechanics on us 7 years later

Heist playing out exactly like the last 300 they've added

The writing actually being painful to listen to

I have to collect parts around the map just to listen to a radio station

I turned the game off after 1 hour

lol Yeah, nothing new under the sun with R* leadership.

Total waste of time.

• Like 2

Looks like Rockstar activated the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Helicopters with 200% accuracy and 10000% power to delay anything you do.

Duck off with your cancer copters.

• Like 3

I have all the cars I want, I like my apartment, I have no need for more money. Sell me on this heist. What's the incentive for me here, I pay millions to start the heist just to break even, and then I don't even get to live on the island?

24 minutes ago, Zordid said:

I mean given the album's popularity among angsty 16 year old hipsters I expected nothing less and this is the most popular song from it apparently....

bro if i see one more person wearing that shirt with the soundwaves on it imma start committing hate crimes

I used to think that while we didn't get too much at least what we had was good...before I got to try it in game:
*I couldn't change the color of the Winky's stock rims
*I couldn't give countermeasures to the new Annihilator 

*The Alkonost's wings are fixed

*Little to no new clothing

*The submarine's vehicles can only have classic colors (no metal, matte, custom crew etc.),...because?

*Once again some of the best trailer vehicles are dripfeed

So many bizarre choices made here, I hoped we were past this R*. Surprisingly the one thing that was totally fine for me was the patrol boat, I guess I would have liked some armor or the ability to customise it but for what it is, it's fine. I had fun driving it around.

EDIT: forgot to mention, is it just me or the new rifle is objectively worse than the ones we've had before, stats-wise?

Edited by GLTh3Pr0
  • Like 5

>be me

>play the heist and land near the compound 

>shoot down 2 guys with a silenced gun (with no one else or camera's around)

>alarm goes off 

>die

>respawn

>alarm still on, die 

>game automatically ends the heist and kicks you to freemode 

fun

Edited by Niked

The worst f*cking update they've done. I'm not even kidding. 😂

I don't even know how they screwed up so bad past the point where I'm not even/can't even get upset. Maybe it's the Itali RSX or that we at least got music? But holy sh*t. Everything else is GARBAGE especially if you're a GTA:O player. 3 mil for that Itali too? Lmaooooooooooooo

This is a HEIST. What is the incentive here? Go somewhere super cool that you can't free roam or live on to steal crap and make money. Then return to your sh*thole in LS to buy what? A beetle? A fiat? Some military vehicles? The Itali, but that things way overpriced.

The car selection really had me wheezing  sure won't sh*t on After Hours after this one. Oh boy, no.

All I can say? BOY I picked a DAMN good year to get into PC modding. 😂 😂 😂 🖕 this piece of crap mode lmaoo

I had zero expectations and I am still disappointed lmfao what a rubbish fire update 

2 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

What Joy Division track did they choose?

They picked a New Order song, Age of Consent

Edited by LeperJones

You know it's weird, the diamond update felt way bigger then this one. This update feels like a good/solid update instead of the "biggest one in history" 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LeperJones said:

I had zero expectations and I am still disappointed lmfao what a rubbish fire update 

They picked a New Order song, Age of Consent

Yuck. I would've just licensed Blue Monday again.

7 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

Yuck. I would've just licensed Blue Monday again.

I like it, although I would've preferred Thieves Like Us or Ceremony, I feel like Age of Consent kinda fits whatever vibe Julian Casablancas is going for in his Mish mash radio playlist

46 minutes ago, Zordid said:

Kult FM is very weird. 2 out of the 3 times I switched to it I heard some weird Hip Hop track and the other time I heard that Joy Division track which literally made me go "Wat?"

I mean given the album's popularity among angsty 16 year old hipsters I expected nothing less and this is the most popular song from it apparently....

They literally just asked Julian Casablancas to put in whatever the f*ck he's listening to right now lmfao. It doesn't have a theme and in all the in-between-song DJ cuts, I don't think I've actually ever heard Julian. Just his producer. Hilarious. 

Edited by LeperJones
  • Like 3

I think that's how a lot of the DLC stations have been. They lack direction and coordination. Just a mash up of whatever music rockstar and the DJ feels like licensing. To me it's kind of insulting though to have sh*tty track selections when Rockstar made so much money from this game that they could literally license whatever track the community wanted.

Edited by Yinepi
  • Like 3
37 minutes ago, DownInThePMs said:

bro if i see one more person wearing that shirt with the soundwaves on it imma start committing hate crimes

I think it's a pretty difficult album to just listen to as is (it's awesome don't get me wrong, you just have to be in the right mood) but all of those teenagers getting it on vinyl and playing it on their junk suitcase players, talking about how deep it is are stopping me from listening to it entirely which is a shame.

Same thing with Pink Floyd albums (you know which ones)......

Edited by Zordid

This sh*t is f*cking awful.

Why am I dealing with yet another millennial dipsh*t through Madrazos son?  Why is Mrs. Madrazo some party girl now with weird incest vibes?  Is the idea that she must have always been like that cause Trevor liked her?  

Why is El Rubio acting like Scarface one minute and a raver the next?

If this job is so important, why am I having to buy a Submarine for it?  Why does the Helmsman claim he's been doing jobs for "Mini Madrazo" for years?  If that's the case why am I buying this sub?

Why is it I have to go through 15 minutes of cutscenes only to be presented with the worst f*cking gameplay GTA Online has ever presented me with?  Forced stealth with NO weapons?  

I got past the first checkpoint and said f*ck this sh*t.  I'm done not having fun with this game.  After 7 years I've finally uninstalled this garbage.  f*ck Rockstar and Take Two man.  

3 minutes ago, Alec Skorpio said:

Why is Mrs. Madrazo some party girl now with weird incest vibes?

She spent too much time with Trevor.

Edited by Yinepi
2 minutes ago, Alec Skorpio said:

Why am I dealing with yet another millennial dipsh*t through Madrazos son?  Why is Mrs. Madrazo some party girl now with weird incest vibes?  Is the idea that she must have always been like that cause Trevor liked her?  

If this job is so important, why am I having to buy a Submarine for it?  Why does the Helmsman claim he's been doing jobs for "Mini Madrazo" for years?  If that's the case why am I buying this sub?

Why is it I have to go through 15 minutes of cutscenes only to be presented with the worst f*cking gameplay GTA Online has ever presented me with?  Forced stealth with NO weapons?  

I got past the first checkpoint and said f*ck this sh*t.  I'm done not having fun with this game.  After 7 years I've finally uninstalled this garbage.  f*ck Rockstar and Take Two man.  

1. and 2.) Beacuse lol funny xdddddd

3.) Rockstar wants you to spend money and idealy buy a shark card while you're at it

4.) Incompetent game design.

5.) Amen to that.

4 minutes ago, Alec Skorpio said:

Holy sh*t. I just watched the long ass intro. I'm curious.. 

I was at the same point, Uninstaller that f*cker months ago only to come back to this sh*t 

2 minutes ago, Zordid said:

3.) Rockstar wants you to spend money and idealy buy a shark card while you're at it

I mean I get that from the business perspective, but jesus christ they could have come up with a better written scenario.

How about AFTER I buy the Submarine I get the call to do the heist because Madrazo finds out I have the tools for the job?  

And just...not have the Helmsman mention working for Madrazo at all?  

I have no faith in GTA VI if these guys are Rockstars writers now. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Alec Skorpio said:

I have no faith in GTA VI if these guys are Rockstars writers now. 

Well, the only OG and competent writer left in the company is Sam Houser now, so you can have an idea of what's in store in the future.

Is anyone having issues with music not syncing with friends on the radio stations? When I was listening to one song on Kult FM my friend would be hearing a completely different song on the same station at the same time. Also not sure if its just me but I can't seem to listen to the old tracks from FlyLo FM for some reason, it keeps looping back to King Crimson.

Okay, so KULT 99.1 isn’t bad but I’m underwhelmed. This station is so f*cking confusing. Why are there pop oldies and rap songs here? I wish they scrapped that and went more alternative.

4 minutes ago, Bobux said:

Is anyone having issues with music not syncing with friends on the radio stations? When I was listening to one song on Kult FM my friend would be hearing a completely different song on the same station at the same time. Also not sure if its just me but I can't seem to listen to the old tracks from FlyLo FM for some reason, it keeps looping back to King Crimson.

The loop is intended.

• Like 2

I just dont get the whole sh*t about adding new music. Are there people who actually get hyped about it and enjoy it?

I'd rather they had put all that effort and money into other things for the update. For a videogame, the first priority should be gameplay.

• Like 2