1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico - tips & tricks

TheGasmeter

1 minute ago, ChiroVette said:

@RyuNova, it sounds like the Stromberg is the better vehicle, or at least more powerful than the Toreador. Although being a 4-seater means it might come in handy, I suppose.

Stormberg is the lesser version, Toreador has the same missile tracking as far as i can tell and not only that they're unlimited.

Toreador also has boost with fast recharge like he vigilante and actually can be used in heists but that will probably get nerfed soon.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, DandierSphinx said:

Stormberg is the lesser version, Toreador has the same missile tracking as far as i can tell and not only that they're unlimited.

Toreador also has boost with fast recharge like he vigilante and actually can be used in heists but that will probably get nerfed soon.

Ah ok, thanks. I was going by what @RyuNova said. Since I haven't purchased it yet, I can't say which of you is right. I can easily buy all the new Warstock vehicles now, but I may in the future try and unlock the trade prices. Then again, I have so much money even after only playing for 6 months, I may just blow the cash on them all, not sure yet. Although, I'm not sure why, but the Toreander doesn't seem to have two prices (regular and trade). It's just a straight up $3.66 Million. So I will probably buy that one this week. The Annihilator Stealth looks like a beast. Not sure what the RO-86 Alkonost offers, but it looks like a behemoth, too lol!

3 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

The Annihilator Stealth looks like a beast.

Akula is better.

4 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

Not sure what the RO-86 Alkonost offers, but it looks like a behemoth, too lol!

Don't buy it, it's a waste of money.

If you want a Stealth Bomber just buy the Akula.

• Like 3
  • Apparently according to several Youtube videos, you only need to stay undetected on your way to the vault. If you get detected during the escape part, it doesn't void the elite challenge. Though I could use some further confirmation from fellow members here on whether or not this is true.
  • If you're undetected during the escape part and Mr. Rubio's helicopter is coming towards you, hide in a warehouse until he goes away.
  • The Toreador is coming to the podium eventually according to the leaked podium vehicle list. Might want to wait until then and save your money.

Edited by Giantsgiants
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, DandierSphinx said:

Toreador has the same missile tracking as far as i can tell and not only that they're unlimited.

Wrong.

The toreador missiles are a little less accurate and have quite a bit less range.

3 hours ago, Giantsgiants said:
  • Apparently according to several Youtube videos, you only need to stay undetected on your way to the vault. If you get detected during the escape part, it doesn't void the elite challenge. Though I could use some further confirmation from fellow members here on whether or not this is true.

When I did my elite, there was no objective to not get detected listed.

There is an award in the stats menu to complete it without detection, but it's seperate from the elite challenge and the elite award.

The elite challenge objectives are:

Finish in less than 15 minutes.

Don't fail any hacks.

Fill the bag with secondary loot.

Also @Commander S (Just in case you've not caught the objectives yourself yet. Apologies for the delay as I said I'd return with the info. :))

• Like 3

Whats worth the most for solo heist?

- I know gold and art will usually be locked behind the 2 person rooms. So that leaves cocaine, cash, and weed. 

- Is the best payout cocaine - cash - weed?

7 hours ago, Spectre "2K" said:

i kill everybody and the the single jeep that makes it's rounds, then disable the cams/power when i'm there. Using the Velum approach lets you hire a support guy to stash your weapons in the hangar with the loot in it.

if you're talking about the prep approach velum, which is literally the exact same scenario for some reason, i just take the manchez scout and take a diagonal path to the tower

Thank you!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, docpain222 said:

Whats worth the most for solo heist?

- I know gold and art will usually be locked behind the 2 person rooms. So that leaves cocaine, cash, and weed. 

- Is the best payout cocaine - cash - weed?

Def cocaine. I got lucky one heist I did and got a painting from his office and filled the other half of the bag with a table of coke. That combined with the pink diamond I walked away with 1.6 million after paying Pavel and the fencing fees. 

yesterday the red guards changed their red viewing sight to blue.

since the blue guards could not detect you while wearing the guards outfit, you couldnt make a differece between them anymore.

because then my buddy was detected by a red guards, but the guards sight was blue....

someone has a clue ?

Upgrade wise for the Sub.

The Sparrow with Homing Missile upgrades should be mandatory for anyone who wants to do Heist Prep.

Completing the Heist the first time lowers the Fast Travel price to two thousand. This makes travelling across the map insanely easy and should be unlocked as soon as possible. You can FT even in Prep Work so use it. It takes about thirty seconds to move across the map so time accordingly. The targets graciously stay on the FT map as well so you can position yourself.

The Guided Missiles upgrade is hard to master but combined with FT you can stomp Prep Work from across the map. The range of the Guided Missiles is about half the map East to West and one third the map North to South. Plan accordingly.

Edited by RyuNova
14 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

@RyuNova, it sounds like the Stromberg is the better vehicle, or at least more powerful than the Toreador. Although being a 4-seater means it might come in handy, I suppose.

Nope. The Toreador has a boost that you can also use under water, plus it does not have a specific icon like the Stromberg, meaning a griefer can be unpleasantly surprised...

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Nameless_Outlaw said:

That looks like the best approach for soloing this heist. So I'll need to prepmission the submarine and the suppressed weapons.

But what's the point of the "Recon Drone" you hire as support crew?

6 minutes ago, partci said:

Nope. The Toreador has a boost that you can also use under water, plus it does not have a specific icon like the Stromberg, meaning a griefer can be unpleasantly surprised...

Nice! Nothing better than surprising a griefer, particularly for me, since I have only been playing GTAO for 6 months and like a week or two, and I really suck at PvP. Of course, this is NOT at all helped by the fact that I spent pretty much all of my time in GTAO concentrating solely on making money and maximizing my money to time ratio. lol But if I am going to continue playing this game either seriously, or even casually, I really have to switch my focus from money making and building to actually learning the ropes of the combat, snack/armor macroing, and PvP to deal with griefers. That's another thing. I have led an incredibly sheltered GTAO life, Probably why I love the Oppressor MK2. Because for my entire time here, I have spent almost zero time in public lobbies. I do all my heists in Invite Only sessions, and I do all my preps and sell missions and grinding in Solo Public lobbies. On a side note, it's one of the reasons I never post to disagree with people when they hate on the Oppressor. Because my opinion is so skewed by only playing with friends and solo that it's like a rich, trust-fund baby trying to tell a guy who just lost his job and needs a little assistance for a few months, "Lift yourself up by your bootstraps and get off the teet of government!"

On 12/16/2020 at 10:36 PM, FelipeSCCP said:

In my second run, any camera outside the mansion was cool. Pavel warned me once inside the mansion.

BTW, I believe the value per secondary objective goes like this:

1 - Gold

2 - Art

3 - Coke

4 - Weed

5 - Money

No its:
1)Coke

2)Gold

3)Weed

4)Cash

5)Art

If you are doing the disguise and truck method can you grab secondary targets (coke etc) before entering the compound? 

Or will it alert guards? 

Also do bolt cutters and grappling hooks spawn together on the island or is it one or the other? 

Many thanks all

22 minutes ago, Sock Dry said:

What does poisoning the water tower do? Is it worth doing?

Do you poison during the heist or during scope out? Or both? 

Ps sorry for answering with another question. I think it adds a laxative to the water supply, rendering the guards sh*tty :)

10 minutes ago, Johnny GTA Watson said:

Do you poison during the heist or during scope out? Or both? 

Ps sorry for answering with another question. I think it adds a laxative to the water supply, rendering the guards sh*tty :)

I did it during scope out. It lowers amounts of guards on that side of the map. There are multiple water towers.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Thoomas98 said:

I did it during scope out. It lowers amounts of guards on that side of the map. There are multiple water towers.

Thanks. I’ll go back and do it I think. Already left the island

can you poison multiple towers?

Edited by Johnny GTA Watson
Cheers