3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico - tips & tricks

TheGasmeter

Hey, I just wanted to add this to the T&T thread: Rockstar still hasn't patched this, so you can still use your Oppressor MKII for scoping on Cayo Perico. Here is a second vid I made on this for some people who complained on my channel that this may have been patched and that they were having trouble with timing this to get their Oppressor to spawn there. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you recently finished scouting or doing a prep mission and wish to log off without fear of losing progress you can always switch to a different outfit to force the game to save, ensuring no progress is lost the next time you log on. A yellow circle on the bottom right will appear, once gone it means the save was successful and you are free to log off.

malcolmfunktion

I was late to the Cayo Perico heist. I pretty much have it sorted for solo runs making between 1.3mil - 1.7mil and passing the elite challenge. Was just wondering though. When it states a potential take...for example 5.8mil. That's impossible to get that isn't it? Considering you can only carry roughly 500k in secondary loot. Still only 2mil with 4 people. Yeah?

NULL AND VOID
34 minutes ago, malcolmfunktion said:

I was late to the Cayo Perico heist. I pretty much have it sorted for solo runs making between 1.3mil - 1.7mil and passing the elite challenge. Was just wondering though. When it states a potential take...for example 5.8mil. That's impossible to get that isn't it? Considering you can only carry roughly 500k in secondary loot. Still only 2mil with 4 people. Yeah?

6 gold stashes and the Pink Diamond on Hard. 

3 gold stashes fill 2 players. 6 piles would fill 4 people. Throw in an extra 100k for the elite, 10% extra on the primary. Maybe 90 grand in the side vault and ur cookin on high heat.

Never seen 6 gold before... But I just got 4 or 5 today and really happy about it. 😆 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, malcolmfunktion said:

Yes, it's impossible. see here: https://gtaforums.com/topic/966340-potential-take-is-a-lie/

Potential take on your planning screen is the value of everything you have scoped. No way to take it all.

Actual take (excluding the elite challenge) is about 500k per full bag of gold, so with 4 players, on hard mode, with Panther statue, you're looking at 110% x 1.9 + 4 x ~0.5 = 4.09 million, maybe 4.1 million if the Office safe is full.

Elite challenge only gets added at the end, after you see the actual take.

And you don't even get the actual take, because the fencing fees come after it.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:43 AM, EkaSwede said:

Forklift can be used during the finale but I can't see what use it'll actually have. You can pick up some boxes but the cage on the 2nd floor seems inaccessible?

I guess it's another "lol 2 players or more, bitch" from Rockstar.

There loot upstairs set it at the wall and jump on it too reach the loot

• Bruh 2

8 minutes ago, Croesader said:

There loot upstairs set it at the wall and jump on it too reach the loot

Did you really quote a post from December? It should be pretty obvious I'd figured that out the day after.

Even though there's no point to doing the disruptions, I still enjoy doing them. Here's some tips for the Arms Dealer disruption.

The Juggernaut will be at a farm house in Grapeseed, at the Sandy Shores airport, or at one of the south east warehouses in LS. He is easy to kill with incendiary bullets. When he catches on fire he'll just roll around on the ground screaming. Keep shooting him to kill him.

The Barrage truck will be near a restaurant in Paleto Bay, at the quarry, or Madrazo's ranch. Land far enough away to not alert the guards there. It takes two rockets to destroy the truck. If you get too close or shoot at it with a rocket, it will start moving. You can learn the route it takes to easily kill it with two rockets while it drives in a straight line. Or, if you snipe the driver first, then it won't drive away. Be careful because if you also snipe the gunner then the arms dealer will get out and run away.

The one standing hear a helicopter will be at the church west of Sandy Shores, at the orange stand in the hills just north of town, or at an amphitheater. Land far enough away to not alert the guards there. If you can see the arms dealer from where you land, then just use a sniper rifle to kill him. If you can't see him, it's because he's on the other side of the helicopter. Just shoot the helicopter with a rocket and he will die in the explosion. 

Super Grunt 281

You can simply steal a Lazer from the base and go for the hardest last (likely the Barrage guy) .

On 3/5/2021 at 6:37 PM, EkaSwede said:

Did you really quote a post from December? It should be pretty obvious I'd figured that out the day after.

Yea and sow what if he doesn't know i tell him

2 hours ago, Croesader said:

Yea and sow what if he doesn't know i tell him

Who is this "him" person you're talking about?

• 2 weeks later...

I used to know how to do this, but I can't for the life of me remember. How can you check in the Social Club how many total Cayo Perico Preps/Setups you have done since the update launched? O have searched the site high and low and cannot, for the life if me, find that entry. Now, if only there was an actual stat for how many Cayo Finales in total the player completed, but oh well.

8 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

I used to know how to do this, but I can't for the life of me remember. How can you check in the Social Club how many total Cayo Perico Preps/Setups you have done since the update launched? O have searched the site high and low and cannot, for the life if me, find that entry. Now, if only there was an actual stat for how many Cayo Finales in total the player completed, but oh well.

Go to Social Club, Online, compare stats, add anyone, awards, look at Prepped.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Timsalabimbo said:

Go to Social Club, Online, compare stats, add anyone, awards, look at Prepped.

Thank you! I knew I was forgetting something. I wasn't adding a person to compare. lol Is it me, or is that unnecessarily circuitous and difficult to do? Not once you know it already, but trying to figure it out.

My 'Fill Your Bags' (which is secondary loot taken, yes?) from the Cayo Perico heist is currently at $258.6m.

19 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

My 'Fill Your Bags' (which is secondary loot taken, yes?) from the Cayo Perico heist is currently at $258.6m.

They f*cked up the award by setting it to $200m instead of $20m.

The fix is when you hit $20m, they add $180m to the number. 

4 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

They f*cked up the award by setting it to $200m instead of $20m.

The fix is when you hit $20m, they add $180m to the number. 

I do about 5 Cayo Perico heists almost daily when I stream though, so this $250m+ number seems correct.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, BeatsDown said:

I do about 5 Cayo Perico heists almost daily when I stream though, so this $250m+ number seems correct.

Maybe it becomes corrected again when you reach legit $200 million haha.

Does anybody have a video of a group of four in guard disguise, I'm curios what the outfits are with more than two players.

the host always gets the green polo outfit

the second player a red shirt outfit

a further player gets a white polo outfit I figured out lately (interestingly I've never seen such an outfit on an actual Perico guard), so I'm curious whats the fourth outfit

On 3/25/2021 at 11:42 AM, BeatsDown said:

You have me beat. I have $237 Million. Now is that stat for the total Primaty + Secondary Loot collected/stored in bags? Or is that total money made in all Cayo heists the player has done? I assume it's the former, not the latter.

Yesterday I noticed that the usual stealth approach when stealing the guns in the office no longer works. I've tried the same approach which worked many times before (shooting the first guard you see in the head) but now this sets off the alarm. Anyone else had this? New approach needed.

Also, I've tried many ways to steal the preps (PS4) and it's never worked. I can steal them but the game won't allow me to deliver them. Anyone have any more information on this?

On 4/1/2021 at 3:21 PM, BeatsDown said:

Also, I've tried many ways to steal the preps (PS4) and it's never worked. I can steal them but the game won't allow me to deliver them. Anyone have any more information on this?

Did the CEO you borrowed them from leave the session?

On 3/30/2021 at 11:42 AM, ChiroVette said:

You have me beat. I have $237 Million. Now is that stat for the total Primaty + Secondary Loot collected/stored in bags? Or is that total money made in all Cayo heists the player has done? I assume it's the former, not the latter.

It's how much secondary loot you've gotten off the island, plus $180m to bodge a fix for the extra zero in the requirement. Mine's at $274m meaning I've actually done $94m I guess. No wonder I'm tired but rich.

Edited by Gridl0k

1 hour ago, Gridl0k said:

Did the CEO you borrowed them from leave the session?

It's okay, we've figured it out now. You have to kill the player (they cant kill themselves) in a public lobby to be able to steal. We set a console WR co-op for the Cayo Perico at 27:44 now , 3-player.

Super Grunt 281
On 4/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, BeatsDown said:

Yesterday I noticed that the usual stealth approach when stealing the guns in the office no longer works. I've tried the same approach which worked many times before (shooting the first guard you see in the head) but now this sets off the alarm. Anyone else had this? New approach needed.

Nope but you can rush the first guard with the stone hatchet and kill everyone with the ability.

3 minutes ago, Super Grunt 281 said:

Nope but you can rush the first guard with the stone hatchet and kill everyone with the ability.

Or just shoot everyone with the assault shotgun which is much faster.

• Like 1

Found a video by chance that shows all possible 4 guard disguises in case anybody was curious like I was:

On 4/1/2021 at 9:21 AM, BeatsDown said:

Still works for me. 

8 hours ago, Jamwes said:

Still works for me. 

It's working again for me now. Odd that for 7 or 8 tries doing exactly the same thing that the alarm would go off but now it's back to normal. Yesterday had it where nobody at all spawned in the office.