Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico - tips & tricks


TheGasmeter

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Super Grunt 281 said:

It's the same with the secondary loot and I suppose anything else using the phone, at the main docks on Cayo Perico some loot can be 'caught' from the large boat... pretty good and I don't like being right on the path of a guard anyway.

 

And I'm unable to see the loot from that distance (unlike Pavel) , I must do it twice just in case.

 thanks, I'll try and remember that next time I'm on

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Recorded my first attempt at the heist 

 

do people remember their heist virginity being taken 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 7:30 PM, MikeyDLuffy said:

dunno if it's been said here already. You can photograph the map in the safehouse from the door. Saves a few scant seconds at least. 

 

It's possible to photograph the guard clothes near the hangar from the hangar doors. I snap a picture as I'm walking out of the hangar for a quick look.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, SummerFreeze said:

Apparently the gated shed at the North Dock stays open after you've pulled the lever, so it doesn't need two people. This is the first time I tried it, so it would be good to know if it works for others as well.

 

The one at Main Dock doesn't stay open though, and what's worse a guard spawns across from the channel who will always see through your disguise.

 

BTW, taking 9 grabs from one table of weed (two bags left visually) and 4 grabs from another table of weed will fill up exactly half the bag.

Addendum: It did not work for me the second time I tried it. I think maybe it has to do with the guard setup outside of this particular shed. When the gate stayed open I also had the guard who stands in front of the gate. But that was during the heist... there may be no way to tell during gather intel mission

Edited by SummerFreeze
Link to post
Share on other sites
ROCKSTAR MANIC

Sorry this thread is a bit more active.  In Need of 3 players with Cayo Heist experience(high level/ xbox one/ serious player) to help me with secondary objectives with 3 gold bar locations/Cocaine. Ive also been wanted to do elite challenge at the same time. Been wanting to do this before 50 extra is over. Please send message if interested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have been posted but when you are doing the Scope Out mission and need to find the signal box at the radio tower, listen, when you are near the box you will hear an electrical hum. Useful for know what level the box is at or if you run past it on the right when entering the gate.

Edited by RyuNova
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Might have been posted but when you are doing the Scope Out mission and need to find the signal box at the radio tower, listen, when you are near the box you will hear an electrical hum. Useful for know what level the box is at or if you run pasted it on the right when entering the gate.

If there is no guard right by the radio tower, the signal box is on the ground.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

If there is no guard right by the radio tower, the signal box is on the ground.

 

Huh? Even better, thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 2:39 AM, Jamwes said:

 

It's possible to photograph the guard clothes near the hangar from the hangar doors. I snap a picture as I'm walking out of the hangar for a quick look.

i run over and have a look there is also two bolt cutter spawns and another guard clothes spawn on the upper level

if i haven't had any luck with loot in the hanger there's another drop here i check out as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cybapete said:

i run over and have a look there is also two bolt cutter spawns and another guard clothes spawn on the upper level

if i haven't had any luck with loot in the hanger there's another drop here i check out as well

 

If you do the cutting torch prep, you will need no bolt cutters and you don't have to do the explosives prep at the O'Neills farm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

noob question here:

I have never even done the explosives prep. Scoped the sewer on my first playthrough, stole the cutting torch first for sewer entry, and then the explosives became optional.

If I don't need these explosives, should I bother doing this prep, even once? And do you get detected when using these charges?

Edited by AirWolf359
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AirWolf359 said:

noob question here:

I have never even done the explosives prep. Scoped the sewer on my first playthrough, stole the cutting torch first for sewer entry, and then the explosives became optional.

If I don't need these explosives, should I bother doing this prep, even once? And do you get detected when using these charges?

The explosives allow you to blow up two things: the padlocks and the main gate.

 

You will get discovered either way, but the latter doesn't cancel the elite challenge if you got to the gate undetected.

 

What this also means is that if you can access secondary loot with the bolt cutters or keycards, and enter the compound with the grappling hook or codes or supply truck, you don't ever need the explosives.

 

Personally I prefer the explosives prep because it's more action. I like clearing out the O'Neil farmhouse with a shotgun. The cutting torch prep is definitely quicker though.

 

I don't got out of my way to find bolt cutters, but if I see them in a convenient location next to guard clothing for example, I do the explosives prep. (Unless I'm going for time.)

 

Aggressive elite is fun, too, although you will lose money and might have to do disruption prep as well.

Edited by SummerFreeze
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the previous Longfin jump to the compound now has a giant invisible wall, I went and discovered an alternative route :)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

If you do the cutting torch prep, you will need no bolt cutters and you don't have to do the explosives prep at the O'Neills farm.

it's weird i know i never use the bolt cutters but when i'm scoping i always keep a look out for them

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

Since the previous Longfin jump to the compound now has a giant invisible wall, I went and discovered an alternative route :)

 

 

 

 

Rockstar are out there adding f*cking invisible walls but I still get YOUR CEO QUIT errors like half the f*cking time?

 

FIX YOUR SH1T

 

PS anyone collected 3 out of 2 keycards yet? Seems to be a lag issue with multiple players picking up the same card. Was able to open stores without going near the office.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

 

Rockstar are out there adding f*cking invisible walls but I still get YOUR CEO QUIT errors like half the f*cking time?

 

FIX YOUR SH1T

 

PS anyone collected 3 out of 2 keycards yet? Seems to be a lag issue with multiple players picking up the same card. Was able to open stores without going near the office.


Im fairly certain the original jump still works. At least it did for me yesterday - this is not something they could change with a background update either (or I doubt it), it would need a patch.

 

There has always been an invisible wall there, but you can clear it with the Longfin if you hit the rocks at the right speed and angle.

 

I personally think it’s there to stop you getting over in the scoping mission in a Dinghy. It’s interesting if you find a Longfin during Intel Gathering at the docks you can’t drive it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimbatron said:


Im fairly certain the original jump still works. At least it did for me yesterday - this is not something they could change with a background update either (or I doubt it), it would need a patch.

 

There has always been an invisible wall there, but you can clear it with the Longfin if you hit the rocks at the right speed and angle.

 

I personally think it’s there to stop you getting over in the scoping mission in a Dinghy. It’s interesting if you find a Longfin during Intel Gathering at the docks you can’t drive it.

I don't know how it's still working for you. On PS4 there is definitely a giant invisible wall there now. It's different to how it was originally. I tried this a couple of times on two different play throughs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

I don't know how it's still working for you. On PS4 there is definitely a giant invisible wall there now. It's different to how it was originally. I tried this a couple of times on two different play throughs.

 

Well it's definitely still do-able on the PC, and looks like it is still do-able on the PS from this video (not mine), which was recorded in this event week from the 50% bonus on the primary target:

 

 

Speaking from experience, minor changes to the approach line make the difference between success and failure.

Edited by Jimbatron
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go for the safe codes and depending where you find the guy in the penthouse, the stone hatchet rampage is a good way to take out all the guards.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't done the heist in a few weeks. I am sure they have made it harder?? Little tweaks like guards being alerted to downed guards in there vicinity. Justs feels like its 5-10% more difficult

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DJ-Jelly-Doughnut
6 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

If you go for the safe codes and depending where you find the guy in the penthouse, the stone hatchet rampage is a good way to take out all the guards.

Literally on my way to do this prep right now. About to do this strat. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

 

Well it's definitely still do-able on the PC, and looks like it is still do-able on the PS from this video (not mine), which was recorded in this event week from the 50% bonus on the primary target:

 

 

Speaking from experience, minor changes to the approach line make the difference between success and failure.

You're right, I've literally just tried it and did a great jump first time. Very odd as there was a very noticeable invisible wall there. Anyway, glad it's not now.

 

PS. Did a 4:10. Little bit clunky in places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

You're right, I've literally just tried it and did a great jump first time. Very odd as there was a very noticeable invisible wall there. Anyway, glad it's not now.

 

PS. Did a 4:10. Little bit clunky in places.


Yeah I’m pretty certain it’s the fastest way into the compound assuming you don’t get bad luck and the gate codes aren’t dropped (or if you’re going in aggressive you can go right up to the gate without killing anyone).

 

I’ve been looking into why I apparently approach the jump exactly the same and sometimes succeed and fail. My theory is there’s a random factor you can’t adapt for: the waves. You need to go full speed, but that causes the Longfin to bob up and down more. If even a small wave pitches you slightly forward before you hit the jump then you’ll smash into the barrier. And I don’t think there’s a fool proof way to adapt to that.

 

I’m in two minds about whether R* intended this jump to be an option or if it’s an oversight. The rock is cut almost perfectly - if the right part wasn’t lower it wouldn’t be on, so it almost looks designed that way. But it could just be complete luck. Regardless, I reckon the invisible barrier was play tested to check you can’t make it over in a Dingy during Intel gathering.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:


Yeah I’m pretty certain it’s the fastest way into the compound assuming you don’t get bad luck and the gate codes aren’t dropped (or if you’re going in aggressive you can go right up to the gate without killing anyone).

 

I’ve been looking into why I apparently approach the jump exactly the same and sometimes succeed and fail. My theory is there’s a random factor you can’t adapt for: the waves. You need to go full speed, but that causes the Longfin to bob up and down more. If even a small wave pitches you slightly forward before you hit the jump then you’ll smash into the barrier. And I don’t think there’s a fool proof way to adapt to that.

 

I’m in two minds about whether R* intended this jump to be an option or if it’s an oversight. The rock is cut almost perfectly - if the right part wasn’t lower it wouldn’t be on, so it almost looks designed that way. But it could just be complete luck. Regardless, I reckon the invisible barrier was play tested to check you can’t make it over in a Dingy during Intel gathering.

 

This spot here seems to be the best.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a little bit of useless fun I will put as a tip, or better yet, a trick. Anyway, I found a video for this and meant to post it sooner, but surely Rockstar is going to patch this. Apparently you can actually have your Oppressor MKII on Cayo Perico. So I made this video and referenced the other video in my description. :)

 

 

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The supply truck seems to be on the map even if you haven't scoped it, in this case at the North Docks spawn:

 

YZYfkak.png

 

In fact it appears as soon as you set up the heist, which could save you some scope time.

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

This is a little bit of useless fun I will put as a tip, or better yet, a trick. Anyway, I found a video for this and meant to post it sooner, but surely Rockstar is going to patch this. Apparently you can actually have your Oppressor MKII on Cayo Perico. So I made this video and referenced the other video in my description. :)

 

 

Nice. Very handy for speedruns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Combinations on how to fill your bag:

 

cocaine and painting = full

2 piles of money and painting = full

3 piles of weed = full (not sure if I remember correctly)

 

this should mean 4 piles of money, 2 piles of cocaine and 2 paintings would fill a bag? It gets complicated when weed is involved to fill a bag.

 

In other words 1 pile money is 25% of space in bag, cocaine and painting is 50% and weed 33%. Does anybody know how many single pieces of money you can grap, when you already picked let's say painting and weed?

 

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

15 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

The supply truck seems to be on the map even if you haven't scoped it, in this case at the North Docks spawn:

 

YZYfkak.png

 

Sometimes a truck is driving around, can you shoot the driver without causing alarm? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CommonPlayer78
5 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

Combinations on how to fill your bag:

 

cocaine and painting = full

2 piles of money and painting = full

3 piles of weed = full (not sure if I remember correctly)

 

this should mean 4 piles of money, 2 piles of cocaine and 2 paintings would fill a bag? It gets complicated when weed is involved to fill a bag.

 

In other words 1 pile money is 25% of space in bag, cocaine and painting is 50% and weed 33%. Does anybody know how many single pieces of money you can grap, when you already picked let's say painting and weed?

 

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

 

Sometimes a truck is driving around, can you shoot the driver without causing alarm? 

Yes, you can!! Stay on route of the truck where it's cleen from guards cone and wait until the truck comes. Shoot the driver quickly (i prefer shotgun loadout for this) until is dead! Do it with many quickly shoots!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

Combinations on how to fill your bag:

 

cocaine and painting = full

2 piles of money and painting = full

3 piles of weed = full (not sure if I remember correctly)

 

this should mean 4 piles of money, 2 piles of cocaine and 2 paintings would fill a bag? It gets complicated when weed is involved to fill a bag.

 

In other words 1 pile money is 25% of space in bag, cocaine and painting is 50% and weed 33%. Does anybody know how many single pieces of money you can grap, when you already picked let's say painting and weed?

 

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

 

Sometimes a truck is driving around, can you shoot the driver without causing alarm? 

1 gold = 2/3 a bag

1 coke or 1 painting = 1/2 a bag
1 weed = 3/8 a bag

1 cash = 1/4 a bag

 

So 2 weed (6/8) + 1 cash (2/8) = exactly 1 full bag.

 

If there is more left at one table than there is space in your bag, you will add exactly that fraction. Value is also calculated from that fraction. So for example, if you picked up 1 coke (4/8) + 1 weed (3/8), and go to pick up cash, you can add another 1/8 of 2/8 cash or exactly half of that table of cash.

 

BTW, 9 clicks from 1 table of weed (2 packets left visually) + 4 clicks from another table of weed = exactly 1/2 a bag.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.