Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico - tips & tricks


TheGasmeter

Recommended Posts

Okay, so another Dumb Question Alert: Say someone decides to start a Coyote Pecker Heist and goes to the island paradise of Restrictions, Absurd-Bush-Walls, Guards-A-Palooza, and No-Weapons to scope out the POI's and other observable points, and is following along some Youtube video showing them in some semblance of an order. In the middle of this mind-numbing, deranged, tedious grind-o-rama they have had enough and want to take a break from it all. Can they end the scoping mission there, go to where the game saves, then pick up where they left off by going back to the Glorified-Interior-Island when their next dose of Ritalin kicks in? Or does leaving in the middle of the mission mean you're done scoping, and you can't go back to scope more points of disinterest?

Edited by ChiroVette
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zhb94430 said:

My take after 4 heists:

 

There’s very little value in scoping outside of the compound. What you get are locations of loots and tools.
For the loot location, they are incredibly obvious and you can easily find them during the heist without scoping it out first.

Wait you can detect loot automatically during the heist itself? You don't need to scope loot in order for it to spawn? I know that main dock is probable location for some loot behind locked gate, same goes for airport.   If that's the case that's very useful to know because i intend to play heist solo and scoping would waste me so much time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

Além disso, eu me pergunto. Quantas câmeras você pode derrubar antes de o alarme 

I shoot down most of the cameras at the El Rubio mansion, including the camera at the gate. I just left a camera because Pavel gave me a warning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ACR said:

Wait you can detect loot automatically during the heist itself? You don't need to scope loot in order for it to spawn? I know that main dock is probable location for some loot behind locked gate, same goes for airport.   If that's the case that's very useful to know because i intend to play heist solo and scoping would waste me so much time.


Nope. I think its consistent throughout the heist too. If they are there during the scoping missions, they will be there during the heist, regardless if you scoped them or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zhb94430 said:


Nope. I think its consistent throughout the heist too. If they are there during the scoping missions, they will be there during the heist, regardless if you scoped them or not. 

If that's the case, that's good news for me, i won't have to waste time on scoping island for secondary objectives. If my escape is main dock i could loot something from there, same as airport with velum approach and any other case when when i think about it. I have yet to start heist, only bought submarine, but i may just scope main objective and hope secondary loot will spawn on escape as i plan to use underwater tunnel for my first try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GAUNTLET HELLFIRE said:

My tip is to ignore this whole DLC and stick with the casino heist if you want to heist.

 

I swam and had no issue getting back on to land but I had to go very far around.

 

 

That is very true if the goal is to grind

 

ANNNND here's something I found out after third heist

 

1. Your entrance vehicle affects your outfit

 

2. Grab a dirt bike and just GO OFF ROAD, skip every secondary target that you don't want

 

3. The juggernut inside the compound can be killed with a single headshot

 

4. If you have sticky bomb and don't mind being seen when escaping, blow the heli up

 

 

 

Personally I think the LongFin is the best entrance vehicle, you can either go in from airport, cut electricity and air defense, or go in from dock and steal the truck, or disable electricity and air defense first, then drive the boat to the dock. 

 

As for weapon sniper is USELESS, I'd rather take a rifle and shoot guard on the towers with it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 12:06 PM, EkaSwede said:

Also, I wonder. How many cameras can you shoot down before the alarm goes off?


As long as you leave one camera active, you should be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So is there no way to blend in, or even just vary the routine, during scope out? Getting bored of the guards spotting me from their towers but you know, only sometimes. 

 

I own a nuclear sub but I can't bury a f*cking vintage pistol on the beach somewhere?

 

 

13 hours ago, Giantsgiants said:

For the fingerprint hack, I found it easier to focus on the edges than the middle. Focus on forming a naturally widening edge and you should get through it pretty quick.

 

Because you don't know how many segments need doing, I also found it easier to start at the bottom rather than the top.

Edited by Gridl0k
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're doing the prep to steal the boat (Longfin iirc) where it takes you to a police compound and then tells you to go fetch a truck to haul the boat away, you can just summon a Phantom Wedge if you own it, there's even some dialogue for doing this (Presumably the MOC/Terrorbyte could also have the same effect if you detatch the trailer)

 

Makes the mission slightly easier imo

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mission objective (sonar jammer) at left

Mission corona (Kosatka) at right

 

I'm loving this semi-teleportation effect of being able to drive the warehouse 😂

 

NOAQ8KB.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

After my second run at the heist i was told by Pavel that if i went for another run right away it would be harder but worth more. Does anyone know how long you have to wait for the difficulty to go down again and how do you know? Does Pavel send you a message telling you that it's gonna be easier now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a tip: Don't use the nightvision-goggles-helmet-thingy when you have a main target that's in the safe. The goggles block part of the safe, making it guesswork whether or not you've entered the correct digit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guard Disguise is very helpful and you should map out your starting point to the closest one. Bonus points if it's close to the Truck.

 

Truck can spawn moving (map will show) and I think it does this when you spot it in Compound entry. It's  okay to snipe the driver and then drive it yourself. They won't mind and you have your entry.

 

Also, if you clear out a way to enter Rubio's office in the front once you get the mission loot be fast. Fast is not only... fast... but you can get outside before more guards start spawning in, I think. And seeing as you can technically get out the same way you came in if you used Truck (Pretty sure that Truck's going to be meta) you can enter through the same front gate on foot.

 

If mission loot is in safe (Madrazo Files and Bearer Bonds), write the safe code in your chat if you have trouble remembering.

 

Again, guard uniforms, find these. They let you drive around the island fast. Just don't drive too fast and crash into guards or something.

Edited by EkaSwede
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked this question before, but didn't get an answer, so I will ask it again. If you are scoping the permanent POI's, the stuff that doesn't change when doing subsequent heists, I was wondering if you get bored, and decide to stop scoping them, can you pick up where you left off later, by coming back to the island? Like, say you want to do something else then start again later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

I asked this question before, but didn't get an answer, so I will ask it again. If you are scoping the permanent POI's, the stuff that doesn't change when doing subsequent heists, I was wondering if you get bored, and decide to stop scoping them, can you pick up where you left off later, by coming back to the island? Like, say you want to do something else then start again later. 

 

You can scope the island any time you want, with an active heist underway, to add to your additional info. Or if you just like flying a f*cking Velum.

  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Acebats said:

If you're doing the prep to steal the boat (Longfin iirc) where it takes you to a police compound and then tells you to go fetch a truck to haul the boat away, you can just summon a Phantom Wedge if you own it, there's even some dialogue for doing this (Presumably the MOC/Terrorbyte could also have the same effect if you detatch the trailer)

I had the same idea. I used the MOC cab and I was able to collect the trailer and evade the cops, but when I got to the docks to deliver it then it glitched out, kept telling me to exit the vehicle. I detached the MOC cab and stole a civilian truck cab and was able to complete the delivery. I haven't had a chance to test it again, so I can't confirm if it always glitches with MOC cab or just that one time randomly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

How do I get in the island by using the Velum without being immediately detected, after the frisk by the guard?

 

 

i kill everybody and the the single jeep that makes it's rounds, then disable the cams/power when i'm there. Using the Velum approach lets you hire a support guy to stash your weapons in the hangar with the loot in it.

 

if you're talking about the prep approach velum, which is literally the exact same scenario for some reason, i just take the manchez scout and take a diagonal path to the tower

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do NOT under any circumstances buy the Moon Pool Sub. Save your pennies for the Toreador or at a push the Stromberg.

Both can live in the Kosatka; both are Weaponised, the Toreador can carry four people and both can transform into weaponised Land Vehicles.

 

Buy the Sparrow.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Do NOT under any circumstances buy the Moon Pool Sub. Save your pennies for the Toreador or at a push the Stromberg.

Both can live in the Kosatka; both are Weaponised, the Toreador can carry four people and both can transform into weaponised Land Vehicles.

 

Buy the Sparrow.

 

I purchased the Sparrow definitely, though I am disappointed by the lack of firepower. Let me ask you, is the Moon Pool Sub one of the upgrades you can purchase with the Sub when you buy it? Because, if so, I bought everything that you could purchase with the sub. If its the Moon Pool Vehicle called the "Kraken" something then I already bought it. Let me ask you, other than being a money sink, is it a problem that I own that vehicle in that it will take up valuable space that the Torreador and the Stromberg could be using? Not sure what the space limitations on the Moon Pool Vehicle  spaces are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

 

I purchased the Sparrow definitely, though I am disappointed by the lack of firepower. Let me ask you, is the Moon Pool Sub one of the upgrades you can purchase with the Sub when you buy it? Because, if so, I bought everything that you could purchase with the sub. If its the Moon Pool Vehicle called the "Kraken" something then I already bought it. Let me ask you, other than being a money sink, is it a problem that I own that vehicle in that it will take up valuable space that the Torreador and the Stromberg could be using? Not sure what the space limitations on the Moon Pool Vehicle  spaces are.

 

Yes its the Kracken Avis I think. Dont worry about buying it as the Moon Pool has space for two Subs, the Avis and a transformable Sub of your choice.

 

The Sparrow can be equipped with Homing Missiles. How is that not enough firepower for a slight recon vehicle?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

Yes its the Kracken Avis I think. Dont worry about buying it as the Moon Pool has space for two Subs, the Avis and a transformable Sub of your choice.

 

The Sparrow can be equipped with Homing Missiles. How is that not enough firepower for a slight recon vehicle?

 

My mistake, I didn't know you could customize the Sparrow. I thought it was basically like an unarmed heli. So when you say "sub" you are counting the Torreador, and the Stromberg as subs, and not just the Kraken, since the two land vehicles can be converted to submersibles? So my best bet then would be to simply buy the Torreador I assume? I have the Stromberg, but my guess is that the Torreador  versus the Stromberg is a lot like the Oppressor MK2 versus the original?

 

Thanks for the info! :)

Edited by ChiroVette
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

My mistake, I didn't know you could customize the Sparrow.

 

No worries.

 

11 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

So when you say "sub" you are counting the Torreador, and the Stromberg as subs, and not just the Kraken, since the two land vehicles can be converted to submersibles?

 

Yes, you can have the Avis and one of the transformable cars. Stromberg or Toreador.

 

12 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

So my best bet then would be to simply buy the Torreador I assume? I have the Stromberg, but my guess is that the Torreador  versus the Stromberg is a lot like the Oppressor MK2 versus the original?

 

Well, and I didn't know this at time or purchase, but the Toreador does not have the Stromberg's missile tracking. The Stromberg can fight MkII's as its missiles are so good but the Toreador has normal missiles.

The Toreador has unlimited boost and can carry four people.

 

The choice is yours, I think the Stromberg has more armour as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.