4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico - tips & tricks

TheGasmeter

1 hour ago, ChiroVette said:

@Nog, I have made a Cayo career out of my ritual of basically driving my Longfin to the airfield, getting all my secondary loot there first, and only then entering the compound. I have lost track of how many solo heists I've done, but in exactly none of them did I ever enter the compound and grab the Primary loot first. Coincidentally enough, I literally just scoped the secondary loot at the Main dock, because I am toying with the idea of trying to get the Elite, and the only way I can see that happening is if I go to the compound first, don't get spotted, then work my way to my two Coke stashes a the Main Dock, then escape from there. The problem with going to the Airfield first, is by the time I get done with all that, then after going all the way north first, I then have to work my way down south, and blah, blah, blah. I usually end up at about 24 minutes, which is 9 minutes too long for the Elite. Not to mention I literally always take my time in the compound. I'm quite certain that if I go a little quicker in the compound, don't get spotted, and work my way to the main dock for the coke, that I can get the Elite. I may try it when I do this heist.

Just had a elite run in just over 12 minutes using Longfin and going to airport first, picked up guard clothes and a half bag of coke there, went back to boat and down to and in through the drainage tunnel, picked up a painting in office and then going for primary target, after that exit through main gate and down to main dock for a boat 

Edit: wasn't the only one with approx that result 

Edited by kenmy13999
35 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Just had a elite run in just over 12 minutes using Longfin and going to airport first, picked up guard clothes and a half bag of coke there, went back to boat and down to and in through the drainage tunnel, picked up a painting in office and then going for primary target, after that exit through main gate and down to main dock for a boat 

Edit: wasn't the only one with approx that result 

If you're grabbing guard uniforms and loot at the airfield anyway, it's really faster to do the Velum entry, and in addition to the other stuff, pick up a Manchez and a grappling hook either around the airfield or on the way. You can just drive the Manchez on the road and right toward the wall breach for the grappling hook entry. Nobody will bother you if you're wearing the disguise. Even if a guard gets alarmed during the climb cutscene it will count as an undetected entry.

The drainage tunnel is kinda the "meta approach" right now, but that doesn't mean it's always the best and fastest approach, depending what else you're doing on your run. The Longfin is fast, but you'd still have to go the airfield first, then halfway around the island, plus the dive and grate cutting takes time as well.

1 hour ago, Taterman said:

I've done some of the the preps, but still haven't scoped the drainage tunnel yet. I plan to use the longfin and stealth. If I haven't scoped the drainage tunnel, would I still be able to use it if I go in with the longfin?

Also, what weapon load-out would be best for this?

Continuing from above, if you find good loot, guard uniforms, and a grappling hook at either dock, you can just take a road vehicle to the compound instead going back to the boat and diving through the drainage tunnel.

As for weapons, it doesn't really matter once you know the best routes to the primary loot, but if you don't then pick the weapon that you're most comfortable with killing two guards quickly. For me that is the Assault Shotgun.

Edited by SummerFreeze

i feel like rockstar new we would cheese this so they put invisible wall around the island that's why you can clime the rocks

@SummerFreeze i did the heist with a halo jump i landed in the airfield grab the guard uniform got the cocaine grab the truck got in the compound and got out stealth doing the velum entry will waste money because you need to buy a weapon stash just my opinion

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Snipingsolo said:

@SummerFreeze i did the heist with a halo jump i landed in the airfield grab the guard uniform got the cocaine grab the truck got in the compound and got out stealth doing the velum entry will waste money because you need to buy a weapon stash just my opinion

$10k are peanuts if you're making $1.5 million in an hour, but I would also add that it only makes sense to take the Velum entry if the airfield has the best loot. If either dock has the best loot, I'd pick the Longfin and go there. Plenty of locations for guard uniforms and other items can be found at the docks as well.

Edited by SummerFreeze

@SummerFreeze again my opinion still tho best heist and i am 1.5 million so you just guessed how much i made from the heist

plus i just got lucky a guard uniform spawned at the airfield and the truck at the north dock 

• Like 1

i just found out there's a second motorbike at the airport it's near the end of the road past the power station

p.s. this video is amazing they climb a motorbike up a cliff wall to get past the checkpoint i tried it and it works!

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Snipingsolo said:

@SummerFreeze again my opinion still tho best heist and i am 1.5 million so you just guessed how much i made from the heist

plus i just got lucky a guard uniform spawned at the airfield and the truck at the north dock 

At the end of the day, you do what works best for you.

I'm just trying to give some tips because this is the tips & tricks thread.

If you break it down purely to numbers, $1.5 million / 1 hour is what you can make from this heist with experience, and $10k is 0.6% of $1.5M so if $10k saves you 20 seconds it's already worth it.

23 minutes ago, cybapete said:

i just found out there's a second motorbike at the airport it's near the end of the road past the power station

p.s. this video is amazing they climb a motorbike up a cliff wall to get past the checkpoint i tried it and it works!

Yeah, that's the best way to do it, but this jump has already been posted on page 3 of this thread. 😉

The most time effective method I find is a disguise in combination with a grappling hook. The reason why I say this is because the supply truck is slow, and the further away it is from the compound the more time its going to waste. With a grappling hook as your way in you can just speed your way around the whole map on a motorcycle saving lots of time. The disguise will work just the same going in this way. After that I take keys (which are almost always found on Rubio's personal guards) and hack the entrance in the sewer since you have half the finger prints to get through down there, saving more time.

Edited by Ghoffman9
  • Like 3

Can anyone tell me why I can't get to this secondary loot during the Finale? I decided to try going to this loot on the Main Dock before going to the compound. My torch works on the other Main Dock loot location, but there is no chain here to burn through.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer on Reddit. Apparently there is a button and this requires two people.

GTA-V-Cayo-Loot.jpg

Edited by ChiroVette
12 hours ago, Jamwes said:

You need to scope the drainage tunnel to be able to use it as an entrance. You need the cutting torch to get through there and you can only do that prep mission if you've scoped the tunnel. It's worth doing because the cutting torch also replaces the bolt cutters for getting into the secondary loot locations.

Any weapon load-out that you feel comfortable getting headshots with should work, as long as you pay the $5000 for silencers. I've been doing aggressive for shotgun and machine pistol. I think meta is conspirator for the new assault rifle and sticky bombs for blowing up the helicopter.

One more question for you. What is, and how do I get the thing that cuts a round hole in glass? I saw it used in a video.

6 minutes ago, Taterman said:

One more question for you. What is, and how do I get the thing that cuts a round hole in glass? I saw it used in a video.

Mind if I answer?

Its a prep - that is always mandatory.

Everything needed to get the primary target is mandatory.

Two different scenarios: Safe Codes for opening the safe, and that cutting tool to open the glass.

It is impossible to not have it when having the primary in the glass vault 🙂

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Nog said:

Mind if I answer?

Its a prep - that is always mandatory.

Everything needed to get the primary target is mandatory.

Two different scenarios: Safe Codes for opening the safe, and that cutting tool to open the glass.

It is impossible to not have it when having the primary in the glass vault 🙂

Cool, thanks Nog. I did all the mandatory ones but only saw the fingerprint, safe code and I forget the last one. I never saw a cutting tool mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Taterman said:

Cool, thanks Nog. I did all the mandatory ones but only saw the fingerprint, safe code and I forget the last one. I never saw a cutting tool mentioned.

That is because you have Bearer Bonds or Madrazo as primary (or something that is inside the vault)

You get either the safe code or the cutting tool (forgot the name of it...)

3 minutes ago, Nog said:

That is because you have Bearer Bonds or Madrazo as primary (or something that is inside the vault)

You get either the safe code or the cutting tool (forgot the name of it...)

Thanks. I don't know what Bearer Bonds are but I guess I'm good to go if I use the drainage tunnel?

lost-in-emotions

Uhm, sorry for Question... but ive already dne withe the Heist and started again,

but on my plamming screen there are missing 4 locations at "points of interest".

the 2 wich are marked is at the airfield the tower and the electricity.

but what was the other 4, and why they are gone? do i need to find them again?

A17ETyB.jpg

10 minutes ago, Taterman said:

Thanks. I don't know what Bearer Bonds are but I guess I'm good to go if I use the drainage tunnel?

Its one of the different primary targets you can get. If you do the heist more times you will get different primary's. Some are behind the glass, some are inside the safe.

You are awesome to use the drainage tunnel man. Good luck 🙂

3 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

Uhm, sorry for Question... but ive already dne withe the Heist and started again,

but on my plamming screen there are missing 4 locations at "points of interest".

Depends what you want. The locations of the POI change every heist. If you are planning to use any of those in the finale you should scope them again.

It is not mandatory for the final, since they are not needed.

Edited by Nog
3 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

A17ETyB.jpg

You can click on it and it will show you.

Supply truck

Guard disguises

Grappling hook

Bolt cutters

But you don't actually need to scope these unless you want to use them on a run.

Question from my side: So whenever you start the initial scope out the POI will be at 2/6 ?

Just now, lost-in-emotions said:

Ok, but why the two at the airfield are already done (saved) but the ohers not?

Yes, power station and tower always remain where they are.

18 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

Ok, but why the two at the airfield are already done (saved) but the ohers not?

They are static -- just like the entry and escape points. The other items have randomized locations.

18 minutes ago, Nog said:

Question from my side: So whenever you start the initial scope out the POI will be at 2/6 ?

Yes

Also the guard disguises, grappling hook, and bolt cutters won't count as done until you've found all of them, which is... kinda stupid.

2 hours ago, Taterman said:

it's called a plasma cutter and you will have a setup mission for it if your primary loot is in the glass case

1 hour ago, Taterman said:

bearer bonds are like shares

they are in the safe so you will have to do a setup to get the code

On 12/30/2020 at 5:20 PM, kenmy13999 said:

@TheGasmeter thought about maybe updating the op with the tips and tricks that have been found? 

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to this. I have barely been on the forum's at all, or even had the console turned on. I work at the local hospital here in Belfast, and with Covid19 skyrocketing, I am working very long hours, and all over the place. I will try and get a look over the weekend and draft up the OP with easier tips and tricks to reference. 

4 minutes ago, TheGasmeter said:

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to this. I have barely been on the forum's at all, or even had the console turned on. I work at the local hospital here in Belfast, and with Covid19 skyrocketing, I am working very long hours, and all over the place. I will try and get a look over the weekend and draft up the OP with easier tips and tricks to reference. 

I'm sure there's a dozen (myself included) who'd step in if you felt better letting it go, although I can understand the attraction of something other than work.

And thank you.

Edited by Gridl0k

Just out of interest: do the sniper works only with sniper rifle or with different loadout too? The game tells me to mark the target with Combat Rifle as well, but won't accept wheel pressing input after zooming onto.

Edited by Polynoid
9 hours ago, cybapete said:

it's called a plasma cutter and you will have a setup mission for it if your primary loot is in the glass case

Thanks Pete.

8 hours ago, Polynoid said:

Just out of interest: do the sniper works only with sniper rifle or with different loadout too? The game tells me to mark the target with Combat Rifle as well, but won't accept wheel pressing input after zooming onto.

Do you play on PC? For me it was scrolling the mouse wheel to mark a target.

Not sure where else to put this, but blowing up a padlock and thereby getting detected cancels the elite challenge for aggressive. (At least when using the Longfin.)

I guess at some point I will try the same thing with the Patrol Boat entry. That seems like a rather obviously aggressive way to enter.

So as far as I know the only confirmed ways to do aggressive elite are still: velum entry without hidden weapons, or exploding the main gate but not getting detected until then.

Just did my aggressive approach. Filled up my bag at the docks, alerted the guards, grabbed the main target and escaped. Game then tells me Elite Challenge failed because I alerted the guards -_-