3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Pegassi Toreador Appreciation & Discussion Thread

IceDree

sonnyC
3 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

Nah, it's about as 70s as you can get aesthetically, but that still makes it ahead of its time. Compare it to things like the Ferrari 308 GT4, Maserati Merak/Bora, DeTomasso Pantera, and the Lamborghini Urraco. 1980s cars tended to get much more wedgy.

And yet wedge cars came from the 70s 😃 Countach, Esprit etc.

• Like 1
éX-Driver
55 minutes ago, sonnyC said:

And yet wedge cars came from the 70s 😃 Countach, Esprit etc.

80s cars were more about digital angularity. Sharp harsh edges, bold monochrome paint schemes, sometimes working asymmetry into it. Everything was inspired by the computer and the microchip. 80s design was an outgrowth of the 70s wedge, but not exactly the same. The shape of the 80s was more.. the square. 

• Like 2
FiveGRANDMan

hh

Edited by FiveGRANDMan
post images
HamwithCheese

Meh, the wheels and louvers suggest the design was intended to come from the early 70s late 60s. You can pepper it with 80s aesthetics like caps and vinyl stripes but, yeah knock off wheels are were done by then.

sKcIBGxJ5P4mkH-6BJzeKk29-0ZTggjHEuf6j38h

landscape-1441915132-download.png?resize

X-k3Li6-TM6d3IbwBxQ0gw?w=600&h=401&fm=jp

Edited by HamwithCheese
  • Like 1
Fenrill
On 12/15/2020 at 5:45 PM, Metagross15 said:

This is probably the closest thing we're going to get to a Mk II counter.

Not to mentioned, it's name is toreador. That is a Bullfighter. So... If the Mk2 is the bull... 

Killerman29
3 hours ago, Fenrill said:

Not to mentioned, it's name is toreador. That is a Bullfighter. So... If the Mk2 is the bull... 

H3WLyHe.jpg

Paint Skills :kekw:

• Like 10
  • KEKW 1
Pedinhuh
On 12/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, Metagross15 said:

This is probably the closest thing we're going to get to a Mk II counter.

If we are considering this a Mk2 counter, then so is the Fully Loaded Ruiner 2000, Stromberg, Deluxo, Scramjet, Vigilante and the other vehicles with crazy accurate missiles.

And in reality none of them are because the Mk2 can have chaffs installed, which nullifies the main offense of those vehicles that is the homing missiles.

Plus there's many ways to fight a Mk2, my favorite is bailing my CEO Buzzard and cold-clocking them with my Heavy Revovler with Incendiary bullets. 

Goes without saying but you need auto aim with full lock, I call that evening the odds.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 3
Cutter De Blanc

So I bought it. This thing is obnoxiously overpowered. I couldnt help but think while driving it, well why can't the damn thing fly if theyre just gonna throw out the rulebook

You can rip the rear door off it and still drive underwater

Something about flying down the freeway, hitting submersible mode, and then boost doesnt seem like it will get old

It looks like the car does not suffer crush damage underwater if its not in submersible mode 

I made mine orange and pink, the really loud bright colors work on this car 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 1
éX-Driver
11 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

So I bought it. This thing is obnoxiously overpowered. I couldnt help but think while driving it, well why can't the damn thing fly if theyre just gonna throw out the rulebook

You can rip the rear door off it and still drive underwater

Something about flying down the freeway, hitting submersible mode, and then boost doesnt seem like it will get old

It looks like the car does not suffer crush damage underwater if its not in submersible mode 

I made mine orange and pink, the really loud bright colors work on this car 

I would not lose one wink of sleep if on next gen they introduce a ‘classic’ MP mode that does away with all weaponised vehicles and explosives. Maybe only keeping pipe bombs because they’re realistic. No stickies, no homing missiles, no Mk2 explosive ammo, not even buzzards or rhinos. 
would be paradise.

• Like 3
touchedmysoul09
23 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

If we are considering this a Mk2 counter, then so is the Fully Loaded Ruiner 2000, Stromberg, Deluxo, Scramjet, Vigilante and the other vehicles with crazy accurate missiles.

And in reality none of them are because the Mk2 can have chaffs installed, which nullifies the main offense of those vehicles that is the homing missiles.

Plus there's many ways to fight a Mk2, my favorite is bailing my CEO Buzzard and cold-clocking them with my Heavy Revovler with Incendiary bullets. 

Goes without saying but you need auto aim with full lock, I call that evening the odds.

One advantage this car has that the others you listed don't is that it doesn't have a unique blip on the map, meaning that the average Mk2 griefer won't realize which vehicle it gets until they are within lock-on range.  In essence, this car allows for the element of surprise that the others do not with their unique icons (with the exception of the Vigilante - but that blows up in 1 homing missile, unlike the Toreador, which can tank a few).

Either way though, my favorite Mk2 counter will always be the Nightshark with a well timed sticky bomb throw as they sit there in vain unloading all of their missiles. 😂

Edited by touchedmysoul09
  • Like 2
SummerFreeze
22 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

I would not lose one wink of sleep if on next gen they introduce a ‘classic’ MP mode that does away with all weaponised vehicles and explosives. Maybe only keeping pipe bombs because they’re realistic. No stickies, no homing missiles, no Mk2 explosive ammo, not even buzzards or rhinos. 
would be paradise.

Bring back the good old days of reversing Zentornos!!!

On 1/22/2021 at 8:13 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

So I bought it. This thing is obnoxiously overpowered.

If the Mk II didn't exist, this would be the #1 griefer vehicle. But the Mk II exists, so the Toreador isn't overpowered.

• Like 3
junkpile

Lucky wheel gave me this and it's a lot of fun. Everything I wanted

• Like 3
JaeDan 101

I love its tech classical style

Rockstar did a good work

• Like 1
MechanicMammal

I have not been playing much recently but decided to log in yesterday,I bought this car and the Big Sub so I could try the new heist.

Its so fast A to B and it handles pretty good, looks are subjective but I kinda like it, it holds 4 people, it takes a few explosions, I am guessing that bullet protection is pretty good from behind. And it swims.

Also I joined a friends OG heist and it was selectable which was a surprise and is kinda unique it is the only aqua vehicle that you can use, (as far as I know)

I will have fun trying different OP approaches to some of the set ups. LOL it is probably as quick to use it on the Avi Island set up for example as using the chopper method. And just as a fast traveling safe attack vehicle in general heists.

Anyone know if it is availiable to use on the Doomsday heist stuff as well?

Fenrill
On 1/3/2021 at 8:08 PM, sonnyC said:

I just died by accident after diving too deep 😁 Apparently this thing has a max depth of about 500ft before it starts to get crushed.

The funny thing is, if you dive down, get in car mode the last second and let it go deeper, nothing happends. But you can't stear. But the second you go to submarine mode, the car implodes and you die. Strange, you also don't have to pay for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Fenrill
On 1/22/2021 at 1:56 PM, Pedinhuh said:

Ruiner don't have the turbo and don't can take some rockets of the mk2. The fully loaded one aside. That's the perfect mk2 counter, but also not wirth because you only can use it in the mission. The torreador can escape mk2 rockets while chaff is active and still get it then. Also it's not shown on the map. This makes it a perfect mk2 counter. Alone because you can even get then without them expecting you to shoot with rockets back. 

SummerFreeze
3 hours ago, Fenrill said:

Ruiner don't have the turbo and don't can take some rockets of the mk2. The fully loaded one aside. That's the perfect mk2 counter, but also not wirth because you only can use it in the mission. The torreador can escape mk2 rockets while chaff is active and still get it then. Also it's not shown on the map. This makes it a perfect mk2 counter. Alone because you can even get then without them expecting you to shoot with rockets back. 

You have to keep in mind that the average broomstick boy is an idiot. So of course they will fall for a regular map icon that shoots missiles. Against a capable Mk II pilot, the Toreador is definitely not a perfect counter. They will identify a Toreador by how the icon moves on the map, and only come close with active chaff. Throwing sticky bombs from a Nightshark is a better counter against a broomstick boy who knows what he's doing, but still far from a perfect counter.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 3
Arrows to Athens
7 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

You have to keep in mind that the average broomstick boy is an idiot. So of course they will fall for a regular map icon that shoots missiles. Against a capable Mk II pilot, the Toreador is definitely not a perfect counter. They will identify a Toreador by how the icon moves on the map, and only come close with active chaff. Throwing sticky bombs from a Nightshark is a better counter against a broomstick boy who knows what he's doing, but still far from a perfect counter.

Not to mention the Mk2's lock-on range is almost double that of the Toreador's. You will most likely get two rockets fired at you before you've even gotten a lock-on yourself. 

• Like 3
Aquamaniac

Since it was on discount I got one, I didn't like the stock rear but with some customization it's a overall nice car:

zd-Ey9-QR7-Xk-KL5j-Fj-Oc-QOA-0-0.jpg

UXctf-B-Gbkumh-VDr8nh-Ba-A-0-0.jpg

t72z-EVm-KAky0-SPEDXf-Izkw-0-0.jpg

• Like 2
JaeDan 101
16 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

Since it was on discount I got one, I didn't like the stock rear but with some customization it's a overall nice car:

zd-Ey9-QR7-Xk-KL5j-Fj-Oc-QOA-0-0.jpg

UXctf-B-Gbkumh-VDr8nh-Ba-A-0-0.jpg

t72z-EVm-KAky0-SPEDXf-Izkw-0-0.jpg

Nice camo style!

The design is awesome

Aquamaniac
6 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

Nice camo style!

The design is awesome

Yes the camo is pretty cool but I might try a more civilan style too, maybe adopting the submarine color pattern, bottom red and top black or some dark blue, maybe with a light brown interieur.

• Like 1
Z_E_B_R_A_3

Incredibly fast, stylish and practical.

This car is everything the JB 700W should have been.

Ended up buying two of those beastly beauties...

(One white and one silver just like the two colors the real Marzal got in its life)

I LOVE THIS THING

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015506.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015523.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111020217.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015801.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015900.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015705.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111020427.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111020628.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111020535.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111020816.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111004529.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111005722.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111005333.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111005837.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111003438.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111003502.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111011120.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111012955.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111013111.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111003647.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111011302.jpg

(Special mention to those absolutely magnificent rims. I pray we'll get them in a new rim pack)

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111011429.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111012818.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111012222.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015255.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015228.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015045.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111015112.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111014954.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111021921.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111033257.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111022025.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111033637.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111032925.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111033809.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111033148.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111034039.jpg

"Next time, i won't be this nice... Mr Bond..."

When i bought and drove the JB 700W, i felt scammed...

When i bought and drove this... I felt like a James Bond supervillain.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20210111034340-Copie.

"The man with the golden gUuUuUuUuUuUuUn !"

• Like 13
SqualidCoyote

Newly bought and customised. Now to take it out into the ocean and drop it down below the mystical 500 feet barrier. Woooooo!!!!

• Like 1
Denies Lohun

Hey guys,

I made many montage on Toreador Kills. This is one of the recent:

Check it out. Be sure to like and subscribe for more toreador kill.

Thanks.

• Like 1
Arrows to Athens
20 hours ago, Denies Lohun said:

Hey guys,

I made many montage on Toreador Kills. This is one of the recent:

Check it out. Be sure to like and subscribe for more toreador kill.

Thanks.

At 0:25, what I like to do is lure them to me, wait for them to get close, then quickly get out of my Toreador and surprise attack them by riddling them with my Military Rifle rounds as they approach. They think I'm in a car or still in my toreador (if they spotted me in it beforehand).

Some of them get so salty that they end up hopping onto their Mk2 and chasing me down. lol

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
NULL AND VOID

Proud owner of 4 of these puppies. 😆 

This vehicle alone brings a high sigh of relief while replaying some older missions in the game. For instance, Doomsday act 3 - "Barrage" mission. I instructed a noob into the barrage atv and I was able to stunt throughout the whole mission. Flying all over the place taking out Clifffy's AI in tremendous fashion. When we arrived at Sandy Shores airfield it was a breeze...

Never had to worry about that idiot throwing me from the Barrage! 😆 I doubt it was boring for my partner either. As he was watching me jump all over... Absolutely wrecking sh*t. 🙉

• Like 3
SummerFreeze
On 2/16/2021 at 4:16 AM, NULL AND VOID said:

Proud owner of 4 of these puppies. 😆 

This vehicle alone brings a high sigh of relief while replaying some older missions in the game. For instance, Doomsday act 3 - "Barrage" mission. I instructed a noob into the barrage atv and I was able to stunt throughout the whole mission. Flying all over the place taking out Clifffy's AI in tremendous fashion. When we arrived at Sandy Shores airfield it was a breeze...

Never had to worry about that idiot throwing me from the Barrage! 😆 I doubt it was boring for my partner either. As he was watching me jump all over... Absolutely wrecking sh*t. 🙉

I'm sure that's fun but in this mission once you've reached the observatory checkpoint, you can immediately drive close to the airfield, up the escarpment Southwest of it, and wait for the choppers to appear there. It saves you the hassle of actually driving the Barrage to the airfield while getting attacked by the clones.

By the way, I wonder if it is intentional that the Toreador can be used in heists. In some regards it's even better than the Vigilante.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 2
On 2/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, Arrows to Athens said:

At 0:25, what I like to do is lure them to me, wait for them to get close, then quickly get out of my Toreador and surprise attack them by riddling them with my Military Rifle rounds as they approach. They think I'm in a car or still in my toreador (if they spotted me in it beforehand).

Some of them get so salty that they end up hopping onto their Mk2 and chasing me down. lol

Good idea if your opponent wasn't on weaponize vehicle

Arrows to Athens
7 hours ago, Denies Lohun said:

Good idea if your opponent wasn't on weaponize vehicle

I was talking about doing it against other Toreadors. Sometimes I'm in my own Toreador when I do it. It's not as fun when you do it to someone in a regular car because they can't attack you in the same way a weaponized car can. 

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 1