3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Pegassi Toreador Appreciation & Discussion Thread

IceDree

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
On 12/17/2020 at 2:10 AM, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Don't get me wrong, it's quite well modelled and nice looking car, but did it had to not only be weaponized, but to pretty much turn the poor Stromberg obsolete?

What's next? A car that flies, goes underwater, jumps, has boost, a parachute and R2K missiles?

When will the power creep end?

I've been saying this about other vehicles in the game. This car has already made the new Kraken Avisa obsolete. The Toreador is smaller, faster, can drive on land, can be stored at other properties, has weapons and a boost ability. I'd say that at least the Kraken Avisa is a 4-seater, has sonar and can be stored on the Kosatka... but so can the Toreador.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

This has a locked/hidden livery?

Reveal hidden contents

1gfmuIh.jpg

Yes, some modder put this on my car. Thought I had some texture bug at first because it was dark in the game (again "thanks" to the modder):

Spoiler

1Q6RoZT.png

• Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1
Arrows to Athens

This car makes car chases so much more fun. Got into a cool, funny chase yesterday (watch till the end):

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 3
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
Scottiedog123

20201220-233233.jpg

20201220-233213.jpg

20201220-233000.jpg

20201220-233013.jpg

20201220-233028.jpg

[SPOILER]

20201220-232927.jpg

20201220-232845.jpg

20201220-232256.jpg

20201220-232419.jpg

20201220-232444.jpg

20201220-232529.jpg

20201220-232550.jpg

20201220-232612.jpg

20201220-232628.jpg

20201220-232700.jpg

20201220-232717.jpg

20201220-232740.jpg

20201220-232758.jpg

20201220-233725.jpg

[/SPOILER]

20201220-233427.jpg

20201220-233450.jpg

20201220-233520.jpg

20201220-233504.jpg

20201220-233536.jpg

20201220-233553.jpg

20201220-233628.jpg

20201220-233116.jpg

20201220-233042.jpg

20201220-233134.jpg

Ok.. so how do I do spoilers now??

• Like 17
Spoiler
31 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Ok.. so how do I do spoilers now??

The eye button in the toolbar.

EDIT: the spoiler on my part was unintentional, for some reason it didn't go back to normal after I refreshed the page.

Edited by sonnyC
  • Like 1
WageWar

The Toreador is a beauty and a beast simultaneously, I endear the handling and speed of the car as well as the boost which persistently boosts up whilst driving making it very rapid.

I have put on a metallic red with an ice white pearlescent.

EptWjr_XUAEEMdY?format=jpg&name=large

EptWjdwXMAIWyZL?format=jpg&name=large

EptWjQrW4AEwJYe?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by PicklePrick
  • Like 4
FrugalDangerMan

I just spent the last 20 min jumping out of the water along Vespucci Beach.

Dive down 10 or so feet, nose up and head for the surface then boost just before you breach and off you go! It's hilarious. 

I'd love to shoot a video of a group of people doing that together like a school of dolphins.

Edited by FrugalDangerMan
  • Like 5
  • KEKW 1
Arrows to Athens

I don't really like how you have to be super close to your target to get a lock-on. By the time you've got a lock-on on an Mk2, the rider has already fired at least 2 rockets at you, as they are able to get a lock-on from much farther away. Still effective at taking out those pests, regardless.

• Like 3
FrugalDangerMan
6 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

I don't really like how you have to be super close to your target to get a lock-on. By the time you've got a lock-on on an Mk2, the rider has already fired at least 2 rockets at you, as they are able to get a lock-on from much farther away. Still effective at taking out those pests, regardless.

At first I was like....what are you talking about? I haven't seen a broomstick boy for a while now. Then it dawned on me, I don't see them because I only play in invite/friends only sessions now that I can run the setups and heist out of one solo and make 1 million pet hour doing so.

• Like 3
Arrows to Athens
30 minutes ago, FrugalDangerMan said:

At first I was like....what are you talking about? I haven't seen a broomstick boy for a while now. Then it dawned on me, I don't see them because I only play in invite/friends only sessions now that I can run the setups and heist out of one solo and make 1 million pet hour doing so.

And I don't blame you. Public lobbies are generally a sh*tfest. I've blown up God knows how many broomstick boys in the last few days with the Toreador. The lock-on range on it is pretty horrendous, but it usually gets the job done. Very effective, fun car. One of the best purchases I've made, honestly. 

• Like 4
Greedy Gay

I love the fact that it doesn't give up your cover by having some sort of special blip on the map, caught a lot of broomstick bois by surprise

• Like 4
FiveGRANDMan

I traded in the Stromberg and purchased the Toreador.  The Toreador does everything the Stromberg but better, plus

1. Toreador has a normal blip on the map (great surprise to MKII punks)  
  2. Infinite number of missiles.
  3. Rocket boost that works land or water.
  • Like 3
79'Blazer4x4
9 hours ago, FiveGRANDMan said:

I traded in the Stromberg and purchased the Toreador.  The Toreador does everything the Stromberg but better, plus

1. Toreador has a normal blip on the map (great surprise to MKII punks)  
  2. Infinite number of missiles.
  3. Rocket boost that works land or water.

And 4. Looks way better.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
FiveGRANDMan

The car is very stable at rocket boost speeds in town or highway which peak at 150 mph or greater.  Its very easily outruns anything on the road.  It is the match to the MKII Oppressor, which additionally makes it a perfect ground griefer vehicle.  It will be interesting to see how this works out.  Its at a steep cost, but worth it.

• Like 2
Arrows to Athens

The rocket boost also has an effect on vehicles and players, but it's not as significant as the Vigilante's. Still fun, nonetheless. 

• Like 1
Kushology
18 hours ago, FiveGRANDMan said:

I traded in the Stromberg and purchased the Toreador. 

Same, sadly, but not sadly.

SummerFreeze
9 hours ago, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

And 4. Looks way better.

Disagree. Looks are the only reason I haven't bought the Toreador yet. Four doors and way too much glass IMO. The Stromberg on the other hand is a combination of many great wedge-shape cars. That's why I will never sell it. (And because of special vehicle races.)

• Like 1
79'Blazer4x4
1 hour ago, SummerFreeze said:

Disagree. Looks are the only reason I haven't bought the Toreador yet. Four doors and way too much glass IMO. The Stromberg on the other hand is a combination of many great wedge-shape cars. That's why I will never sell it. (And because of special vehicle races.)

To me that's the precise issue with the Stromberg, it tries to be too many different vehicles at once, and looks weird because of it. To me it looks like a mediocre kit car, not a horrible one, but one that doesn't really look much like its inspiration.

• Like 3
SummerFreeze
11 hours ago, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

To me that's the precise issue with the Stromberg, it tries to be too many different vehicles at once, and looks weird because of it. To me it looks like a mediocre kit car, not a horrible one, but one that doesn't really look much like its inspiration.

I dunno, I see it more like paying homage to several cars at once. It's certainly a new trend that GTA cars are like 90+% of one real car and I'm not sure if I like that yet.

• Like 1
whywontyoulisten

Just saw someone on Reddit refer to this as the Scramberg and had to mention it here as I think that's brilliant.

• Like 4
  • KEKW 2
Commche

Soon as this goes on sale, Stromberg is getting replaced. Still going to keep the Vigilante for its hilarious ramming power and badass look.

• Like 2
FiveGRANDMan

The Toreador is an almost perfect assassin's vehicle to zoom around the free mode map, smoking other players until a ticket to the bad sport lobby is issued.  I've spent a few sessions with the Toreador hunting and waiting for MKII Brooms to engage me and have not lost a fight yet.  Typical battle: the Broom gets the first shot in at long range, watches you flip over and then they comes in for a closer look.  That's their last mistake.  

The only time I was killed testing the Toreader, was by another Toreador.  Within a few days expect the free mode map to be overrun by Toreadors.  Get one now before they change it.

5GM

• Like 2
Arrows to Athens
12 hours ago, FiveGRANDMan said:

The Toreador is an almost perfect assassin's vehicle to zoom around the free mode map, smoking other players until a ticket to the bad sport lobby is issued.  I've spent a few sessions with the Toreador hunting and waiting for MKII Brooms to engage me and have not lost a fight yet.  Typical battle: the Broom gets the first shot in at long range, watches you flip over and then they comes in for a closer look.  That's their last mistake.  

The only time I was killed testing the Toreader, was by another Toreador.  Within a few days expect the free mode map to be overrun by Toreadors.  Get one now before they change it.

5GM

I've actually lost a couple. Trust me, when you go up against an MK2 rider who knows what they're doing and knows how to use countermeasures effectively, especially chaff, you pretty much have no chance unless you get lucky or they f*ck up somehow.

• Like 2
Kushology

Got chased by a trigger happy broomstick f*ckboi. Made him sh*t his pants.

Edited by Kushology
  • Like 3
Z_E_B_R_A_3

A Lamborghini Marzal ?

Yes.

A machine gun, missile and torpedoes equiped Lamborghini Marzal

with armor on par with the stromberg while having a boost similar to the Oppressor Mk 1

and having the same submarine transformation capacity but much faster ?...

Thanks i guess ???

I'm always up for more classic cars added to the game... And this one is indeed quite fun.

But i really wonder why out of all the cars to weaponize, they choosed this old Lamborghini concept.

I'll probably post some James Bond styled screenshots when i'll be back home.

Also, something tells me that the car only displaying a normal dot on the map wasn't a deliberate choice...

Blips-GTAO-Toreador.png

(unused map icon)

It's also quite sad to not see this spectacular interior remade in the game...

lamborghini-marzal.jpg

Don't mind me, i'm still waiting for a true weaponized JB 700...

giphy-1.gif

I shall never give up.

(You give me the golden gun and you expect me to not wish anymore for THE DB5 !?!?)

Edited by Z_E_B_R_A_3
  • Like 6
éX-Driver

I get the feeling they wanted it to be a 2 door like the real Marzal but at the last minute realised they couldn’t get a single door to work for front and rear passengers and hastily cut them in half to make it a 4 door. 

• Like 4
  • KEKW 1