4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Pegassi Toreador Appreciation & Discussion Thread

IceDree

AgentSapphire

What an amazing inspiration choice. I could see that R* will add a car inspired by a classic, but I didn’t know it’d be one of the most important concept cars out there.

Outstanding model quality. There can never be “the best quality”, but this one is definitely on another level. 

Not exactly necessary but definitely...beneficial features this car has 😏

I got one almost immediately after logging in for a break today. 

So I bought it. Yeah it costs a stupid amount of money, but I'm really loving the looks, and it's quite fun to drive. It feels like a 60s Italian GT, ie a fast boat on wheels with heavy steering that's surprisingly grippy. It's a long-distance cruiser through and through, so don't expect to win races in it, or even try to do any drifting in it (it just refuses to go sideways). There's a slight bit of understeer, but I'd say it's more forgiving than the Infernus Classic when cornering. The Stromberg always felt stiff to drive to me, from the acceleration to the handling. Not the case here, and I can forgive the rehashed Infernus engine note in this one, which I felt never really fit the Stromberg. The customization is certainly more interesting than what the Stromberg has to offer, and unlike that one, I don't feel the need to change the stock wheels on the Toreador, which are just perfect. I kept the stock red paint to keep a more Espada-ish look than Marzal, with a little help from LSC. Oh and did I mention that you can drive it with Passive Mode on? :D Maybe R* forgot about it being a weaponized sub lol.

0Ucf8uz.jpg

N0ceoiO.jpg

GMzfZom.jpg

UQCtECJ.jpg

7CDfLIB.jpg

Spoiler

g7YHCQc.jpg

IMVfSOs.jpg

geU0QKS.jpg

I love how airy the interior is, nice for 1st person driving. And for once there's enough legroom that the dash doesn't swallow your legs, my pet peeve with many sports car interiors in GTAO.

Edited by sonnyC
  • Like 15
Scottiedog123
1 hour ago, sonnyC said:

So I bought it. Yeah it costs a stupid amount of money, but I'm really loving the looks, and it's quite fun to drive. It feels like a 60s Italian GT

Yeah.. I kind of agree with this like a nice GT.. until I go to honk the horn.. and become part of the nearest wall..

(Damn I keep forgetting it has boost)

• Like 1
  • KEKW 6
SpaceOdyssey69

My dream was for more exotic vintage concepts to be added. Toreador is the epitome of that. A magnificent retrofuturist design. 

No description available.

• Like 4
  • YEE 1
AUScowboy

Like the Deluxo, another beautiful car that we’ll never be able to race in normal races because muh memesh*ttery. What a shame..

• Like 12
Yellow Dog with Cone

Don't get me wrong, it's quite well modelled and nice looking car, but did it had to not only be weaponized, but to pretty much turn the poor Stromberg obsolete?

What's next? A car that flies, goes underwater, jumps, has boost, a parachute and R2K missiles?

When will the power creep end?

• Like 12
17 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Gonna have to dispute this claim, when I test drove my friend's Toreador the first thing I did was to check the missile tracking against helis, a OP Mk2 and a enemy NPC on the ground.

I definitely wouldn't say these are Ruiner 2000 missiles, they're more or less on the same tier of the Stromberg missiles.

I'm still getting car, but not until it appears on the Lucky Wheel, absolutely no need to spend  over 3 millions with this.

Footage?

On 12/15/2020 at 11:10 PM, Solo Wing Pixy said:

They are not Ruiner 2k missiles. These missiles have good tracking but they're pretty awful at tracking helis and infantry. If they really were ruiner missiles, the moment it misses it'll pull a straight 180 and slam back to its target. These ones don't, they just fly away if it misses 

I think all car missile have the same tracking 

SummerFreeze
7 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Never. It's inevitable for MMOs.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Don't get me wrong, it's quite well modelled and nice looking car, but did it had to not only be weaponized, but to pretty much turn the poor Stromberg obsolete?

What's next? A car that flies, goes underwater, jumps, has boost, a parachute and R2K missiles?

I think R* is just running out of ideas for military vehicles (as if there ain't enough of them), so they're transitioning to arming classics to the teeth and slapping an astronomical price tag on them.

• Like 2
Pedinhuh
16 hours ago, taken250 said:

Footage?

I didn't think about recording as I was just goofing off with my friends.

16 hours ago, taken250 said:

I think all car missile have the same tracking 

Nope, there's a hierarchy of homing missile tracking of sorts that goes more or less like this:

Chernobog > AA Trailer SAM battery/Ruiner 2000 > Deluxo > OP Mk2 > Stromberg/Vigilante/OP Mk1/Scramjet/ > Homing Rocket Launcher > Standard missiles used on all the rest of vehicles(Buzzard, Sparrow, Savage, etc...)

The Toreador fits within the Stromberg tier when I tested it out.

Edited by Pedinhuh
SuperHeichou

Here is mine, very simple but this car doesn't need too much customizations

Too bad we can't get the "chrome" effect in the interior

1MPHnCzweUKgaTHshqd4UQ_0_0.jpg

vjiPbykbWEuD82YID8GsXw_0_0.jpg

k3reoU7Oy0-J-IRZhqdqQw_0_0.jpg

5TgDOZBvgkiQLBEH7UwYGA_0_0.jpg

Edited by SuperHeichou
  • Like 12
Pedinhuh
36 minutes ago, 1bbaxter said:

jh4JIS3.jpg

LOL that's the Gauntlet Classic dashboard, I can recognize that gauge layout anywhere.

But it's so tastefully done here it doesn't cheapen the car one bit.

Still not buying it tho.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Nope, there's a hierarchy of homing missile tracking of sorts that goes more or less like this:

Chernobog > AA Trailer SAM battery Ruiner 2000 > Deluxo > OP Mk2 > Stromberg/Vigilante/OP Mk1/Scramjet/ > Homing Rocket Launcher > Standard missiles used on all the rest of vehicles(Buzzard, Sparrow, Savage, etc...)

The Toreador fits withing the Stromberg tier when I tested it out.

Shouldn't it be more

Chernobog
Ruiner 2000 / Deluxo / Vigilante

AA Trailer Homing Missiles

Oppressor / Oppressor Mk.2

Scramjet / Stromberg / Toreador

Homing Launcher

Standard missiles

Something like that? The Oppressor and Oppressor Mk.2 missiles are the same for tracking, at least from a data point of view. 

• Like 1
Giantsgiants

According to the next DLC thread, this is going to be a podium vehicle eventually. I'll probably wait until then and save my money.

• Like 1
Greedy Gay
1 hour ago, Bravado Buffalo said:

50731223042_32b4f2e080_o_d.png

I might be sold despite the stupid price tag. What's the hex or this color? Goddamn that is gorgeous!

Too bad it has all the useless doo-dads but I'm going to sell my Stromberg for it as the Stromberg is a weird mish mash of an Esprit and early Countach, this is a far cleaner design, love the four door gullwing.

I am hesitant to buy it though as it's just a shame I'd be voting with my wallet in favor of ruining these classics with gizmos. No reason this should be a submarine

Pedinhuh
4 hours ago, Gaffa said:

Shouldn't it be more

Chernobog
Ruiner 2000 / Deluxo / Vigilante

AA Trailer Homing Missiles

Oppressor / Oppressor Mk.2

Scramjet / Stromberg / Toreador

Homing Launcher

Standard missiles

Something like that? The Oppressor and Oppressor Mk.2 missiles are the same for tracking, at least from a data point of view. 

Maybe from a data standpoint but while in gameplay the hierarchy is different, the Ruiner 2000 missiles are too good which is why they are limited to 8  missiles only in a car with a 5 minutes cooldown and no insurance charges if it gets blown up, they are definitely on the same tier as the SAM battery from the AA trailer...The AA trailer has the advantage of having more missiles availble but at the costo of reduced rate of fire and it's much less mobile, on general, obviously.

The Vigilante definitely has worse missiles than the Deluxo and the far worse than the Ruiner 2000 missiles, it's the same as the Stromberg but made worse because it has a slower rate of fire...But it's counter-balanced by the fact that the car has a rocket boost to get out of big problems(such as a incoming missile on it's way) whereas the Stromberg has extra armor.

When it comes to cars and bikes only: The Ruiner 2000 has the best missile tracking in the game, period.

I'm not entirely sure about the missiles on the OP Mk1 and Mk2 though, that I know of the Mk1 has worse missiles but it has been so long since I have used one in that Agent 14 mission that I cant verify and compare both...And I'm definitely not buying any of them.

(I will never buy a Mk2 but I did flew a bunch of times I shot some noobs out of it and stole it)

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

Maybe from a data standpoint but while in gameplay the hierarchy is different, the Ruiner 2000 missiles are too good which is why they are limited to 8  missiles only in a car with a 5 minutes cooldown and no insurance charges if it gets blown up, they are definitely on the same tier as the SAM battery from the AA trailer...AA trailer has the advantage of having more missiles but it's much less mobile, obviously.

The Vigilante definitely has worse missiles than the Deluxo and the far worse than the Ruiner 200 missiles, it's the same as the Stromberg but made worse because it has a slower rate of fire...But it's counter-balanced by the fact that the car has a rocket boost to get out of big problems(such as a incoming missile on it's way) whereas the Stromberg has extra armor.

When it comes to cars and bikes only, the Ruiner 2000 has the best missile tracking in the game.

I'm not entirely sure about the missiles on the OP Mk1 and Mk2 though, that I know of the Mk1 has worse missiles but it has been so long since I have used one in that Agent 14 mission that I cant verify and compare both...And I'm definitely not buying any of them.

Yeah I had a look around on the internet before commenting and most other people seem to think the Deluxo Missiles are very similar to the Ruiner 2000 missiles, which are very similar to the Vigilante missiles. Testing it by having someone fire a missile at you from those things and then going into passive - those three will continually turn round and round next to their target until they "run out of fuel", the same as Chernobog or AA Trailer missiles.

We know that the Deluxo uses the AMMO_OPPRESSOR_MISSILE but the Oppressor missiles don't continually track targets, so the data must be in the vehicle weapon stuff, or it's contained elsewhere (there must be some data somewhere, they don't just have a mind of their own - they're programmed with values somewhere). But comparing the vehicle weapon of the Vigilante and Deluxo and the data is practically the same

Its interesting though. 

• Like 1
79'Blazer4x4

I'm so torn between buying this now or waiting to get it on the lucky wheel. On one hand it's really pricey, but on the other it's a beautiful car, and would be pretty convenient for entering and leaving the sub.

• Like 3
  • YEE 1
SummerFreeze

Can I have these stock wheels for the Monroe please?

EDIT: I just sent Rockstar this as feedback. Let's see what happens. :kekw:

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 6
SummerFreeze
34 minutes ago, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

I'm so torn between buying this now or waiting to get it on the lucky wheel. On one hand it's really pricey, but on the other it's a beautiful car, and would be pretty convenient for entering and leaving the sub.

Buy now and sell it after you win the podium one? Would cost you about $1.5 million for the privilege of using it early. That's worth it IMO if it takes ~6 weeks for the Toreador to get on the podium. On the other hand that could happen next week already.

• Like 3
Bravado Buffalo
22 hours ago, Touge Spirit Leader said:

What's the hex or this color? Goddamn that is gorgeous!

#0F2D50 but i think you won't get the same color due to i have vehicle paint shader modified.

• Like 1