4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

BF Weevil Appreciation and Discussion Thread

MGgames100

26 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

This is a sh*tty way to unlock this vehicle. Especially when half the time, the jobs either have no delivery corona, crash, or kick me out of online altogether.

It has no delivery because of corona? Ufff. That's bad. This damn covid 19 destroyed everything. ūüėá

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2
Big Molio
32 minutes ago, Fenrill said:

It has no delivery because of corona? Ufff. That's bad. This damn covid 19 destroyed everything. ūüėá

I see what you did there

Pedinhuh

My time has finally come, proud owner of a 1966 Weevil reporting in:

pS0oMp4bUkeCEqiM7elI2A_0_0.jpg

Based on this poster that hangs on a wall of my room:

oL34uaP.jpg

This is just a preview though, as I didnt had enough time to do a photo shoot before leaving to work...And the snow weather kind ruins the mood of the photos.

I'll get around to do a proper shooting once I have the time.

For now, I'll just enjoy this ancient but fine piece of German engineering with the cold weather.

Real shame I couldn't get it yesterday, but good thing I didnt had to wait much today.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 24
  • YEE 2
Pedinhuh

Frankly, I keep looking at the impressively detailed but factory stock engine of this car, how close it is to the real car, how even the handling and the jelly suspension ride are authentic to the real car, and I keep wondering if the engine sound this car has is wrong because the person making this car had selected it by accident.

I mean, it's the same engine sound of the Brioso 300 but the Brioso is explained by having the option for a V6 engine swap while this car doesn't, and this sound on the aircooled 4 cylinder boxer engine really doesn't fit the engine and this car AT ALL...even if you go full racer car or baja bug, it will still sound wrong and uncharacteristic.

While I think this might be a done deal and they will never change the sound of this car...Here's hoping that they will do it one day because frankly, no Classic aircooled sound makes this car feels like something is missing with it, its like I'm driving another car altogether.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 4
Pedinhuh
On 12/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

I suppose there's no livery based on this, right?

76312d7b1174d006a31bb2d07df160a3.jpg?w=7

There are no liveries like this available but you can make do with a crew logo, I think.

Build should be Ice White primary and Bright Green secondary, hood should have the secondary color, bumpers with secondary color, Retro steelies with standard alloy colors and you should get very close to it already.

For the roof, I think there's an empty luggage rack available.

The only thing you should be missing is the taxi sign.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 4
éX-Driver
14 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Frankly, I keep looking at the impressively detailed but factory stock engine of this car, how close it is to the real car, how even the handling and the jelly suspension ride are authentic to the real car, and I keep wondering if the engine sound this car has is wrong because the person making this car had selected it by accident.

I mean, it's the same engine sound of the Brioso 300 but the Brioso is explained by having the option for a V6 engine swap while this car doesn't, and this sound on the aircooled 4 cylinder boxer engine really doesn't fit the engine and this car AT ALL...even if you go full racer car or baja bug, it will still sound wrong and uncharacteristic.

While I think this might be a done deal and they will never change the sound of this car...Here's hoping that they will do it one day because frankly, no Classic aircooled sound makes this car feels like something is missing with it, its like I'm driving another car altogether.

It’s not like the Brioso sounds right either. It’s got an I4 sound despite the 500 being an I2*. It should sound more like the Kalahari than anything. 

Edited by éX-Driver
Am an idiot who does not proofread
  • Like 1
Pedinhuh

Alright guys, look: This is going to be a long post with many pictures and long texts, so I'm putting spoilers on it to not clutter the thread.

And this is part 1 of my post, because I ran out of space on my gallery so I have to delete some pictures from my game, so I'm posting them here to save them.

Also goes without saying but this is a very special car for me, arguably one of the most special cars they could  have ever added to the game, so I think telling a story as my appreciation for it is justified, and you are free to read all of it or not, up to you.

Part 1: The call.

Spoiler

Living in Los Santos and trying to make an honest living is hard, taxes are ridiculous, wages are low, crime is everywhere and always rising, and in general the place just has the worse commute out of all the country, and as such, people like me just don't have the patience to make a life working on a boring 9-to-5 desk job and only truly living for the handful days of vacation or year, so l had to find other, alternative ways of making a living that could suit my needs...

0z4SZAmPl0GIK-oLfvatQw_0_0.jpg

rWI5UJMZvUCQaS_XMg9mTw_0_0.jpg

_xPKTJbHFEavYW45GHiDeA_0_0.jpg

After having lived in this place for so many years, learning and personally witnessing all kinds of things most people wouldn't dare to look at their phone screens, working my ass off every single day having to do all kinds of shady businesses for the shadiest kinds of clients and consumers, I have managed to accumulate a large amount of wealth and power as the rewards from all the work I did.

pkjFW614EkOl219-t-4d0A_0_0.jpg

5Vh4mcOM30CfdyuXMgxOCQ_0_0.jpg

But with these rewards also came an unexpected side affect that spoiled pretty much everything I have worked so hard to achieve:

Boredom. I was bored to death.

How? Simple.

Today, I can do pretty much everything I want to do in this city: I can buy all kinds of houses, all kinds of fast cars, classic cars, fancy clothes, I can go jump out of a skyscraper in the middle of a boring Monday and land on a busy Avenue, I can buy the most beautiful women to do the most pleasantries in bed, and all the other expensive sh*t that billionaires can routinely do when they get bored...The possibilities for me are endless.

You could say I am living the American Dream...

B6_V5-6QhEqW6y5AFpqCgw_0_0.jpg

...even though I'm not even American but anyway...

I also happen to be like a dumb street dog who chases cars down the street so he can grab a bite out of the rolling tires, I wouldn't know what to do once i got them!

So, during another boring Friday after christmas in a atypically snowy San Andreas winter, I got a call from one of my weird ass associates, English Dave, wishing me a late merry Christmas...I could tell from the phone that the guy was high from all his sniffing, but I still decided to listen to him since I had nothing else to do.

Amongst the incoherent dialogue he speaks, on top of his very awkward accent, I managed to understand that he thanked me for bringing him some stuff for his beach party or some other uninteresting sh*t I did for him and can't remember, and said that since he never did anything for me beyond hanging out on one of my Nightclubs for free drinks and "therapeutic crystals" sometimes...UNnko45tLEu_ODDgH84H2A_0_0.jpg

...He felt a sudden rush of guilty and wanted to make up for it.

Frankyl I don't even remember how the hell I met the guy or what kind of business I did with him, but anyway, he said he was giving me his car and told me to pick it up out of the city because he was going to the Caribbean coast of Colombia to another beach party, also he couldn't drive because his license got revoked over a DUI, and he also said it would be worth my time...I doubted him, why?

I own a large fleet of vehicles already, all kinds of vehicles that makes part of the most diverse collections you could imagine

16b8Ig2xpUSXKlKD1QtVMw_0_0.jpg

8vFbJRGVkE-Z5rfSBpMoWw_0_0.jpg

1YaAJiDr9kuXBdxfAr3swg_0_0.jpg

qB8wEb6kW0CzwKS4AzMWLg_0_0.jpg

NadgBymzA02rojHs99usnw_0_0.jpg

J9JPqXY6gEyG82_uYHqUSQ_0_0.jpg

Last time I did an inventory I tried to count them all, I got past 200 vehicles before getting bored and telling my secretary to finish the task.

Anyway, Dave told me his car was in a camp out of the city, where he usually goes to with his hippie friends to get high and have group sex with cheap whores or something like that, locals like to call the place the "beam me up" alien camp...Very original.

And so I put on my winter outfit, called my secretary to provide a limo because I didn't felt like driving out of the city that day, and off I went to the countryside.

nakB5k8LnUmRlhO_uMsL4A_0_0.jpg

QNxwLR79ZUagV4E1CO_Lxg_0_0.jpg

It was a very cold day so I assumed that the car would be stored in a garage so I wouldn't have to deal with a rough cold start in the winter, we all know how troublesome these can get if the car is parked outside overnight...Boy I had no idea what I was getting into:

h3W0NJoAVUmWQGC2NsBpvw_0_0.jpg

...THIS was the piece of junk that Dave wanted to give me, as a show of his gratitude:

TqttMppaR02wETRREkABkA_0_0.jpg

A old, rusted to hell and completely beaten up BF Weevil, possibly from the late 60s to early 70s, hard to tell with these as they all looked the same every year.

I was about to phone Dave back and tell him to shove this rusted piece of sh*t up his arsehole, but my phone couldn't get a reception out there in the middle of bumf*ck nowhere and my limo driver had just drove away to pick up another passenger who called him nearby, I didn't brought my gun with to teach him some manners so now I was stranded there until I could get a cab.

Without anything else to do, I took a look around the car...Turns out there was a surprise in this car that I wasn't ready for...

END OF PART 1

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 10
Pedinhuh

And here comes part 2, THE CAR:

Spoiler

I had a look around the abandoned car that Dave wanted me to have, and here are a couple of things I could assess right away(once you live around and get to own so many cars, you will pick up some knowledge on how to pre-diagnose them by just looking):

The suspension was slammed to the ground probably due to catastrophic failure on the shock absorbers or strut braces which either rusted away and broke, or it just got too worn until the salt of the cold weather finished it off.

The wheels it had on weren't the stock wheels, obviously, and though they were a relatively new they were also showing early signs of rusting already...So this could mean that this car was still driveable until the catastrophic suspension failure, which made Dave abandon the car here for some considerable amount of time...probably wasn't financially worth it to fix it up anyway.

lj5OPxgrr0-JDNSVwGKHjg_0_0.jpg

The fenders and bumpers were lost somehow, so Dave or someone else had welded these bars in the front and rear to work as bumpers just so they would not get pulled over, crafty but also very crude...As the whole car is.

0GUkpK0VfkqU7miJbN2WJg_0_0.jpg

I managed to bust open the frunk and was surprised to see that the factory original spare wheel was still there, but looking at the scratch I could infer that the spare also drove for a lot of miles.

The battery was brand new but also dead, which allowed me to assess that this car was parked here for a couple of weeks, if not more.

Fuel tank and lines were in a acceptable condition, but empty as someone probably stole all the gas it had.

vkIATKvx1Eim4lWp5pPr4Q_0_0.jpg

Passenger's door was missing, probably fell off from all the rust, also all windows were shattered, one of the hippies must have used them as target practice or whatever.

6R6DVgdrK0-0lqq9x7TBLg_0_0.jpg

I have to admit that the interior surprised me the most, besides the not-working aftermarket radio, most of the interior was still in very good condition, the factory stock steering wheel was in incredibly mint condition, the analog gauges on the dashboard didn't looked like they were the factory stock models but looked appropriately enough and even still worked somehow, the seats somehow were still comfortable to sit on with no buts or any signs of damage at all...Its like Dave was in the middle of a restoration process but gave it up after starting with the interior.

Then I got to the rear:

RWTZecVO0kuUWrJOmoWRbg_0_0.jpg

Engine was still the factory stock, 4 cylinder, aircooled boxer engine with rust and dirt all over it...These engines are infamous for surviving all kinds of harsh use conditions and never giving up

...But this one wouldn't start as it was, since all the wiring, carbs, filters, pulleys and the alternator belt were there, I thought with some cleaning and fine tuning on the carbs plus oil and fuel changes, this car could start again...But driving it would be another issue altogether.

Exhausts were rusted and probably could fall on the ground at any given second, they needed to be replaced ASAP.

The rear hood was also gone, and so did the fenders and rear bumper, the modern looking license plate was welded into these same kind of bars that were working as bumpers, again so the car could be driveable...I had to admire the pragmatism of whoever did this(I don't think Dave would ever be so smart to come up with something like this) but also laugh at absurdity of it.

And looking closer, that's where my surprise was, just look at the license plate:

2ak6W7clCECiyF_iS2srMA_0_0.jpg

What's the deal with it, you ask?

Well, as a car enthusiast, I instantly knew this whole situation wasn't a mere coincidence and colossal waste of time to me...Because THIS is the car on the poster that I have hanged on my bedroom at one of my Stilt Houses in Vinewood:

oL34uaP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

This isn't just a random car either, it was my father's first car he ever owned, which he bought brand new and sold back in 70's to someone who kind of disappeared...A beautiful 1966 BF Weevil.

I wouldn't have never had any idea I was ever going to meet this car, in person, all the way up here in San Andreas...This was single handedly the biggest coincidence in my entire life.

I had to get this car out of there, but not only that, I wanted to drive it too!

So I went up the hill behind the camp to get a phone signal and phone my secretary to provide a tow truck and out all of my other appointments on hold, I was going to return this bitch to it's former glory...

END OF PART 2

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 11
Pedinhuh

Part 3, the first repairs:

Spoiler

I had made the decision, the car was mine.

But not just that, I needed to restore this bitch to it's former glory, so I needed someone who could at least bring this car back to driving condition, any mechanic could do that.

So I went up the hill at this camp to call my secretary to arrange for a tow truck.

By the time he got here the night had fallen but I didn't blame him...I had no idea where this place was too, for me it was all a desert, I had to ask the drugged hippies where I was and they weren't exactly in their best state of mind.

Anyway, I wanted to drive this car to LS because I was just too anxious to wait until my contact Hao could work his magic on it, so I asked the tow truck driver to get the car to a shop nearby he knew of, that could make this car driveable, and so we put the car in tow and went to find the mechanic had closed his shop already.

XzJhL6h3hESqANGhTPbHVQ_0_0.jpg

I couldn't just let the car there in his driveway so I just went around the back to call him, I had to pay him good money so he could take a look at my car and push it inside his shop though.

43VNDimq6kag5pbtfrXCHg_0_0.jpg

The man knew I wasn't from around there and knew I had money so he overcharged...But I could afford it anyway.

Then I rented a room in a hotel nearby, the mechanic could only work on the car the other day so it was better for me to have a rest anyway...But naturally I couldn't even sleep properly, lately it's been really hard for me to get excited over anything so once I finally got excited for something, my anxiety would get through through roof.

Later on the next morning, I went to check on the car and to my unpleasant surprise the mechanic had scrubbed off the ridiculous paintjob and removed almost all of the rust away and got the bodywork down the primer, almost ready for a new paintjob.

v8hS4JiAqUSeq7J4US45yg_0_0.jpg

F56vwa_OzkK1rmWse7yydg_0_0.jpg

I was very clear when I told him to just do the bare minimum to get the car driveable again, but he tried to be smart with me because he probably thought I was a dumb tourist or something, if he only knew the kind of sh*t I used to do on a daily basis to get where I am today he would have thought otherwise...

So I politely told him to back off because all i wanted was the car to be driveable, not a new fresh coat of paint since I wanted the restoration to be handled by Hao, my contact at Los Santos Customs that I could trust.

Later on that day, I checked the car again only to get excited once more:

_oD3DYr4_kGNWZBSA-9CUA_0_0.jpg

He had finally fixed the busted suspension and now the car was sitting up straight and proud, he had put on some windows he had lying around there that came from a baja Weevil which fit very well, he also charged the battery overnight, changed oil and filters, drained and filled the tank with brand new gas.

To my surprise, he had installed a spare passenger door in there with all the chrome details, window and inner upholstery plus a side mirror...Which he also charged an extra for all of them, of course.

5z_7gRxdb0G5WQp6LCXr4A_0_0.jpg

I had a lunch in a nearby dinner so I wouldn't make the trip with a empty stomach, then I got back in the shop to pay the man for any other part he had installed and be on my way to the city but he had already closed the shop...Good for me since I already had paid him too much and didn't felt like talking any longer.

Now with the car driveable, I had to have my first drive with it...I felt like a little kid crying out of happiness for getting a new Exorbeo for Christmas, only now my toy was much larger and heavier.

It was time to hit the road!

END OF PART 3

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 8
Pedinhuh

Part 4, The first drive:

Spoiler

With the car up and running back to life once again, it was time for me to hit the road.

Even though the car barely met the standards for being road worthy, I still decided not to risk being pulled over because I had no paperwork with me as that would be handled only later on.

So I took the car off road...On the snow hoping I wouldn't get stranded into a snow ditch.

ZszPiWfuMEiVAXp-w5QcdA_0_0.jpg

But to my surprise the car handled the rough terrain good enough for me to travel safely, but the ride itself was very unpleasant.

SftKg_bK1EqEg7UQjgznrQ_0_0.jpg

Noise everywhere in the cabin coming from the engine, debris hitting the tires and suspension which would also echo inside the cabin, and even though it was a brand new suspension kit the ride was very soft and jelly...I was told that this was a characteristic of this car and it made sense, the design of this car came straight from the WWII era and so did the project on the body-on-frame chassis after all.

Brakes were surprisingly in good condition so I knew I could atleast stop the car in an emergency.

bEWpvFMO1UmsLCDfepFBqA_0_0.jpg

Ov5DNCpbnkCM8cyoWIoxnQ_0_0.jpg

A relic that survived the passage of time.

The tires were barely getting any traction though, the max I could get the car up was 50mph and it just wouldn't get any further than that, this was in part to the fact that those tires were quite worn and I had just thrown them into the snow to make matters worse...I was lucky and glad I could just keep the car going.

In the end, a single hour drive on the highway turned into a three hours drive on the backroads...But eventually I made to LS and didn't got spotted by any cops...I really didn't felt like getting into a police chase that day, the car wouldn't have made it.

Once in LS and not wasting any time I called one Hao, to explain everything and tell him to get some room on his shop ready for my new car because I was going to get there even before he could open.

yfkw9k1pJ0W1_NfpJUYL5w_0_0.jpg

Hao was the man I trusted to finish restoring this historical beauty of upmost personal importance, he knows I always pay good money for a job well done, and he had already done a few builds for me so I knew he had the knowledge and resources for that, and i was willing to help whenever necessary with research for spare parts if needed be.

Now, it was time to make this beauty shine once again!

END OF PART 4

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 7
Pedinhuh

Part 5, the overhaul:

Spoiler

Its was time to do the hard work now, and by my luck Hao didn't had any other point appointments for the day so he could focus on working solely on my newly acquired car, which i admit it was quite unusually for a mechanic of his skill.

vUWML-97wkGOXzHK2hWLdg_0_0.jpg

Anyway, first we had to start from the basics which was buying most of the important parts that were missing on the bodywork, simply doing the paintjob without them installed could make all parts have different shades of paint and that would make the car's new paintjob look awful.

So, we started from the fenders and wheels, Hao had a set of aftermarket wheels lying around that were based on the factory wheels for this car and matched the spare wheel, said wheels are very popular among muscle car enthusiasts and even some of my own cars have them installed, so I had installed them on this car too, it only felt proper.

Hao couldn't leave the shop for the day so I asked him to fix the radio and tear down the interior and clean whatever parts were dirty, seats, roof, upholstery, everything...I suspect he cleaned them all installed in the car because he did the job faster than I imagined, but the result was sufficient enough for me:

zT_7KqZ9dkqZV3B1nCcwEA_0_0.jpg

Funnily enough, the original color of the interior almost matched the color of the primer.

I also told him to store abd keep the original license plate that was welded in those metal bars, and devise a new set of custom plates with my own combination, the plates would appropriate for the car's time period...The combination of numbers in that license was what me interested on the car since they were what told me how personal this car was to me, but at the end of the day those were just numbers and all the cars in my collection have my personal combination, with this car it would be no different.

And for me, I spent the whole day scrounging around the internet and I was lucky to find in a junkyard not far away, a set of aftermarket fenders whose blinkers were placed where the orignal decorative air vents of my father's car where.

hoMQ6MSdmkOcBFlJKTbiYw_0_0.jpg

I had to settle for them because the factory fenders can only be found in Europe and I wasn't willing to wait a couple of months until they had been shipped over here, plus the aftermarket fenders looked nice enough, Hao had got their paint scrubbed down and applied a coat of primer so they could be ready for the new paint.

GD1hc6dpikizypplgy33WQ_0_0.jpg

For now Hao had tied one of the bew custom plates on the bars until I could find the bumpers.

On the other day, just like the fenders, it was not possible to find the factory bumpers anywhere within the state of San Andreas, so I settled on buying some similar aftermarket bumpers that I found on the internet with a private seller, they were in pristine condition and had been chromed already so we wouldn't have to worry about dealing with that.

yl5kD9OUBUyzLqwy6IdUig_0_0.jpg

Once the bumpers were installed, I installed the new plates myself, at this point most of the car's paperwork was already done on the side thanks to my secretary.

And while I went shopping, Had went to work on whatever was left on the engine, replace the rusted exhausts with the customized pair I had bought earlier and lower the suspension down a notch as I asked him.

XOxVOmTQ4E-Whnrs3HYiZw_0_0.jpg

Only thing left to buy for now was the rear hood, luckily I managed to find a factory stock hood in another junkyard in the city, which again I had Hao scrub the paint down to apply the primer

YxBOPWbSqkKyKB-acPudiQ_0_0.jpg

Unfortunately the license plate light didn't worked because the wiring that goes to it was missing on the car...Maybe it never had the  from factory in the first place, so I didn't bothered with it.

This whole process was done in about two days...And with that, the car was ready for the paintjob.

END OF PART 5.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 6
Pedinhuh

Part 6, the final day

Spoiler

So the final day had come, it was time to paint the definite paintjob on the car and put on the finishing touches, trying match how the car looked in my poster as close as possible. 

As you know, the paintjob is the most delicate part of a car restoration, getting the color shade just right, the correct textures and proper layout is no easy task for an amateur...But a professional who has done this countless times shouldn't have any troubles, or so I thought...

The paintjob can either make or break the whole restoration, it is the difference between making the car look like it just rolled out of factory today or make it look like it was painted by a crack addicted with a bunch of sharpies, but I was hoping that Hao would get it right like he did so countless times with others cars of mine before.

So anyway, the day started and I walked into his shop as soon as possible to decide on the colors and also accompany the painting process, I have settled on Classic Graphite for the primary color and Classic Elegant Red for the secondary color, these colors would come the closest to the colors that this car had in my poster, back when my father owned it.

So Hao started to work on the primary paint first after having removed the chromed bumpers once again, to make sure no droplets of paint would fall on them:

uFuf5T2mU0GiviF57VS1zA_0_0.jpg

9oMq_lhz7EeLfVbi6LNBeg_0_0.jpg

Very good, the color shade and textures were just fine, no flaws there so far, all he had to do was apply this Graphite paintjob to the fenders and the bodywork behind the bumpers, then he could move on to the secondary paintjob.

Unfortunately I had to leave quickly because I had just remembered that I still haven't had bought the chromed side skirts that this car had from factory, I had no time left to look for a factory part so I had to get any aftermarket one from any junkyard so there was enough time to finish the car that day.

Before leaving I instructed Hao to use the remaining red color he used on the secondary paint on all wheels, by my calculations I had bought enough for all of them including the spare, and also install the white wall tires I had brought in yesterday.

Then once I came back, I walked in to see this:

25ePUO5AiUed2H5ZziulGQ_0_0.jpg

O8jfY7JYEkq4Mwz-Dollvw_0_0.jpg

What is wrong here?

Well the idiot had painted the fenders and part of the body in Elegant Red, even though both of them were going to be painted Graphite.

See, Hao is used to do customized builds and the two tone Custom paintjob for a Weevil is the most kind of work he gets to do on these cars...So much that he forgot what the original paint layout looks like, which was what I wanted.

And well, he had painted all four wheels as expected...But there was no paint left for the spare wheel:

xGGHrqZRq0qU5ykRjmUNpQ_0_0.jpg

We engaged in a heated discussion, I had to walk out of there to calm myself down and not to end up killing him, but for me the car was ruined.

I know he could just buy an extra can of paint to paint the spare wheel, and I know he could try to scrub off the paint on the bodywork to try to paint them again...But like I said earlier, if you paint any car parts separately from the rest, it's very likely that the paint shade and textures won't be matching...It will look off and wrong.

I went out for a smoke and try to grab a bite of any snack I could find to try to calm myself a little more, all my excitement was gone though...The car just wouldn't look like what I envisioned earlier.

And then he called me, the car was mostly finished and I could watch him trying to fix the paint...This was the result:

cOKyRvabR0ahDz_hD88e9g_0_0.jpg

khNzkXa8akWO4oEVPtau2A_0_0.jpg

It turned out mostly ok, but...

But upon closer inspection I could see the textures on the fenders looked all wrong, like they were carbon fiber or something, they were rough...And he had installed the bumpers without even trying to paint that bit of bodywork behind the bumpers too in Graphite too, it didn't stood out much to me if I didn't looked at them directly, but I knew they're there and that was the problem.

I paid the man and took the car out of there as it was, I installed the running boards and white walls myself outside.

And this was the result of the final build:

yANlc-1Iok2I76Do3dEBvQ_0_0.jpg

The sun came out at right at the time once I finished installing the last parts, and right on time to take the final photo:

pcrbV21A1U6V3VlrRvZM-A_0_0.jpg

It turned out to be alright...Its not perfect, it could be better, but it will do for now...

Perfection is a cruel mistress, as one of my old associates used to say before I ghosted him.

In order to shield the new paintjob from the harsh climate, I stored the car in the only garage in my entire collection that this classic car could fit in and have suitable company, my European sh*tboxes garage in one of my apartments at Milton Road:

atDMsQxb20SdZ5QZSJ5JfQ_0_0.jpg

God, I love themed garages...

And looking back, I think it was funny how getting to have this car, driving and restoring it brought joy, excitement and happiness in a short period of time that no other thing I did these last years could ever hope to achieve...And f*cking English Dave, out of all people who I know, was the one responsible for bringing all of this to me.

And for the person who fought hard to get where he was that day, and that his own wealth meant a lot for him...The biggest excitement he had in ages came for FREE as a Christams gift.

I guess the simplest things in life really are what makes life worth living.

Too long, didn't read:

Day of purchase:

First repairs:

_oD3DYr4_kGNWZBSA-9CUA_0_0.jpg

Restoring it up:

YxBOPWbSqkKyKB-acPudiQ_0_0.jpg

The finished build:

Inspiration:

oL34uaP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 16
DuduLima

Finally got this ride and ...

Pros:

- IT IS A BEETLE‚ĄĘ, 7 years since we got the Beetle-esque Buggy BF Injection and finally they made a proper Beetle for the GTA universe.

- The possibilities of modification of this car is insane from street rods, rat rods, hot rods, dragsters to bajas, classics, cal-looks and street customs.

- The performance isn't the worst of it's class and this is good, a RWD compact with average performance is very interesting.

- The Engine is really nice (and like some bikes the belt is "functional").

- The way the put the two-tone is hella good. (i had my fears they would f'ck up the secondary pattern).

- All the liveries are good. (Even tho i like more "original" or no-liveries concerning Beetles).

Cons:

- They lost a opportunity to put a roof light as option, this could work better than the hood fog lights for a baja.

- We actually have a "primary" fenders, but it is only on the chopped versions, a stock primary would be insane.

- The interior color pattern could be way better, the base of the seat and interior being related to the primary kills some kind of modifications.

- The sound .... man the engine sound could be the same of the Surfer or maybe a sightly higher pitch version since this car gets in higher RPM faster than the Surfer (or like some modified Beetles).

Even with the cons, overall ... this car still the best car of this DLC and easily one of the best vehicles ever added in GTA, i'm planning to buy more two and make a rusted baja rat and a cal-look Weevil with a rack + board.

A simple two-tone white/dark glacier blue like a hardtop Beetle i've saw on the net; I won this ride on the Christmas day so ... Santa still generous.

(Got 3 missions in a row from English Dave/Keinemusik and none related to Palms Trax in 24/25).

QPbIgb1.png

Can someone in PC put the BF Injection Wheels on a Baja-modified Weevil please, or if we have a page with a pic, please quote me.

Thank Y' All for the nice Weevil pics around, keep it up.

Edited by DuduLima
  • Like 17

Replicated a somewhat infamous VW. 

JkjwA9j.jpg

THFDTQF.jpg

Wonder who can figure it out first.... Your reward? The pride of knowing you got it right, I suppose. 

• Like 13
Z_E_B_R_A_3
6 hours ago, JRC99 said:

Wonder who can figure it out first.... Your reward? The pride of knowing you got it right, I suppose. 

Cue a dark green Vapid Dominator Classic chasing a black Imponte Dukes Bravado Buffalo Classic down the roads of San Fierro...

bullitt-chase1.jpg

You can be sure i'm going to replicate this baby once i'm back home.

I have six already planned :

Herbie with numbers, stripes and normal rims.

VymM2sNEpaf3HlpG23O6KQvsdOH2QPSMqA-vXQz_

Clean simple Herbie with no numbers.

KyZx2-1465401865-4409-list_items-herbie_

Race ready Herbie with numbers, stripes and matching rims.

herbie-the-love-bug-2.jpg

Rusty Herbie from Herbie goes bananas.

herbie.jpg

lJjRdwP2DjnF1v3miVn75DeznaERy8DVcbeCxOhU

Horace. (I love how it looks so depressed)

wy-jMmMjsWv5X5YhXP9UPnz8R22glg_DAbh8ohRy

And the Beetle from Bullitt.

main-qimg-8ef5fda270f196dda961f35c3aafbe

There are so many of these damn things i want to build and so little garage space...

I WAITED SEVEN YEARS FOR THAT F*CKING CAR !!

I WANT AN ARMY OF THESE THINGS !!!

I don't post a lot of screenshots on the forum but you can be sure i'll post a dozen of her when back home...

Edited by Z_E_B_R_A_3
Oops i sended the message by accident before finishing it.
  • Like 8
Pedinhuh
11 hours ago, IceDree said:

@Pedinhuh¬†That was some superb writing. ūüĎĆ

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493be86z5bpd5h5zhgo9o6

Appreciate it man, for a story that I came up with on the spot, I can't believe it took me so many hours to drive to all the locations, remove and apply the custom parts for the photos, get all the pictures at the right angles with snapmatic, post everything in here and having to deal with this forum wiping my posts because I dare to open another tab to copy and paste the image links.

But this was a very fun and relaxing write up for me too...I might do this again for some other cars I own another day.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1
3 hours ago, Z_E_B_R_A_3 said:

Cue a dark green Vapid Dominator Classic chasing a black Imponte Dukes Bravado Buffalo Classic down the roads of San Fierro...

bullitt-chase1.jpg

We have a winner!

k8sYt9m.jpg

rDbzhRt.jpg

Edited by JRC99
  • Like 6
Classique
12 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

That sort of two-tone? How tf.

• Like 2
The Gator

I finally got the car from English Dave yesterday and something in me doesn't even want to modify it. Am I weird for this? ūü§Ē

I almost want to store away the car he gave me and wait until it's released to buy a new one to modify.

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1

I don’t know whether I’m allowed to post this here, but if anybody on Xbox is struggling to get the Weevil I will happily dupe one for you. Just send me a message if you want to know more. 

IceDree
6 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Appreciate it man, for a story that I came up with on the spot, I can't believe it took me so many hours to drive to all the locations, remove and apply the custom parts for the photos, get all the pictures at the right angles with snapmatic, post everything in here and having to deal with this forum wiping my posts because I dare to open another tab to copy and paste the image links.

But this was a very fun and relaxing write up for me too...I might do this again for some other cars I own another day.

Haha I hear ya, its a lot easier said than done. The in-game weather is the worst part of it.

I hate when that happens, one would think that pages reloading after briefly opening another tab is a thing of the past. ūü§¶ūüŹĽ‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

I'm working on a similar series featuring my Michelli GT, but all I can muster so far is a single paragraph lol.

4 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Carbon fenders ;)

Oooh very clever.

nido997

Okey, this is it , this is IT ... 

so I got the weevil for my 2nd character too and was messing around with the colours in LSC , I was actually trying to replicate a very nice 356 speedster I saw somewhere in the Internet , it was kinds light brown with white walls (+ plenty of chrome) and it looked good ...

but then I found this awesome metallic colour combination ( sry, don¬īt ask me about this colour though , i forgot what it was , but it sure was a brown variation )

I litterally made the Weevil a Million $ car !  

My main character definitely will inherit this one ...

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Screenshot-2020-12-28

with some filters :

@Pedinhuh¬†: the Weevil is actually a "brezelk√§fer" , known for its split rear window (and its tiny rear lights ) , so I would say we all are proud owners of a ¬ī53 beetle rather than a ¬ī66 one (the large rear window came in 1953 AFAIK)...

btw , your Weevil story is a A+ !

Edited by nido997
  • Like 15
Halal Cyborg

I haven’t unlocked this stunner yet...do I need to free a space up prior or does it simply become available to purchase free?

The Gator
48 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

I haven’t unlocked this stunner yet...do I need to free a space up prior or does it simply become available to purchase free?

Free up a space prior.

Soon as you get in the car at the parking spot, it forces you to pick a garage where it’ll be stored. Similar to the Armored Paragon R when you pick it up from the docks.

Edited by The Gator
  • Like 4