1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Ok, what has The Cayo Perico Heist Update (1.52) changed?

Naicox

On 12/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, xDFaTaL said:

if you seleect assault rifle MKII , hoow do you change your ammo type?  it defaults toa rmor pieceing  u dont fukcin need that and it lowers ur ammo capacity

in the weapon workshop go to 'magazine' and it will have the different ammo types there

you might have to do research in bunker to unlock everything

A very minor change, but noticed by me who uses the Creator a lot.

When rotating or moving props in the advanced menu, the default is "World" respective orientation for both, but if you selected "Local", it used to stay in local. Now it defaults to "World" each time.

Also, when moving or rotating props this way, they move and rotate much quicker. It is handy when you are trying to move the larger props into position, but a bit more tricky to position them, you really do have to use the button that slows them right down in order to place props more exactly.

31 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Is it just me or has the APC's speed when in water been significantly increased? Same with the Stromberg underwater.

No it's not just you. I took my APC out for a stroll before buying the sub so I could properly check out its facilities. Had entertained high hopes of being able to upgrade my useless Stromberg & other water craft inside the sub docking bays. 

But once again, R* logic proved my PC is a PMSing bitch. Not only can we NOT dock/upgrade the Stromberg--and justify the existence of the only unique, pre-existing land/watercraft vehicle in game--but we can't dock/upgrade the original Kraken sub as well?? Why couldn't we just have the option to do this and improve it's speed? Or dock our pre-existing version of the Sea Sparrow that's been just cluttering up our hangars gathering dust???

Just WTF & WHY R*? Why can't we be allowed to dock and upgrade these existing vehicles? Why do you force us to buy completely new ones with the identical design and functionality???

Ah nvm. /end rant> 

Anyways, also noticed a significant boost to the APC (which should've also be allowed to dock inside the sub from the top entrance. It's only logical right?)

Well at least that's one upgrade feature they got right even if it wasn't heist related.  #RockstarLogic

2 hours ago, PkUnzipper said:

Not only can we NOT dock/upgrade the Stromberg

You can dock the Stromberg. You need to go under the Sub in Submersible Mode and an option to put the Stromberg inside will appear. Same with the Toreador and I hear the Blazer Aqua can be docked as well.

2 hours ago, PkUnzipper said:

Anyways, also noticed a significant boost to the APC (which should've also be allowed to dock inside the sub from the top entrance. It's only logical right?)

Yea, it's a significant speed boost as well. Sluggish acceleration but the top speed as been increased. Makes it the best "Weaponised Boat"

Yea, I tried to dock the APC as well but no luck. Cant get it underwater to the docking bay.

Edited by RyuNova

On 12/16/2020 at 8:14 AM, BulletFly said:

I don't care about the political side of this comment, but he's right to be mad about the end result : less freedom 

Another example, apparently when you try to roll over guars in the island preps, your car just bounce like you've just hit a wall, no reaction from the guards...

I hate when devs want to have control over my character, specially in an open world game. f*ck that sh*t

I kind of agree, said hookers attacked and beat me to death cause I couldn't defend myself.

Rockstar Games included in the patch notes the V-RAM problem that was causing high memory usage for PC players, (Supposedly fixed) but the issue still persists for me and it's been more than 90+ days.

It started happening back when they added The LSSS update (Los Santos Summer Special Update)

I'm uninstalling the game once again, At least I got to try the new Island but I can't continue playing like that.

Edited by Radeon2027

3 hours ago, xDFaTaL said:

Anyone know if you can use longfin and drive boat to airport?  seems faster than using velum

Yeah you start the heist driving the boat, and can go anywhere. I used it to sabotage the airfield on the way to the main dock.

Can anyone confirm the existence of that panther roaming the island after you escape the basement/mansion? It's cage was left open  and there are accounts on reddit where ppl said they heard it roaring near the N. docks area

i recall hearing it on one of my escape attempts but i haven't spotted it

looks like the wing options for the Pariah are currently bugged. they're not showing up on the car and you get weird texture flashes in the sky.

e0e41b8a-2850-44ba-b5f6-db8654ad02a1.png

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 5:28 PM, secrecy274 said:

I kind of agree, said hookers attacked and beat me to death cause I couldn't defend myself.

Sorry for digging this up but I just had to say it

Me: Rockstar you won't let me whoot the hookers?

Rockstar: lolno

Me: But you can't stop me from throwing things. *throws molotov* Whatha gonna do about it?

Rockstar:

Me: :D

Rockstar: 🤬

Me: 🖕 *watches the hooekrs burn to death* Toasty!

Edited by EkaSwede
  • Like 2

Since launch, in case not noted, Passive is no longer available in Toreador and Sparrow, and Toreador cannot be used in time trials

21 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

Since launch, in case not noted, Passive is no longer available in Toreador and Sparrow, and Toreador cannot be used in time trials

So they applied hotfix then to correct passive mode for these two I am guessing?

7 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

So they applied hotfix then to correct passive mode for these two I am guessing?

Well I assume the lists of no-passive vehicles is more tuna-bowl side but maybe @Tez2 saw the scripts etc updated. The toreador TT exclusion is via removing the corona rather than the usual "this vehicle cannot" message.

W8LypLo.gif

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Well I assume the lists of no-passive vehicles is more tuna-bowl side but maybe @Tez2 saw the scripts etc updated. The toreador TT exclusion is via removing the corona rather than the usual "this vehicle cannot" message.

They hotfixed most of the update vehicles for the passive glitch, and the Toreador specifically for the Time Trial glitch. All done via background updates.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 12:52 AM, xDFaTaL said:

Anyone know if you can use longfin and drive boat to airport?  seems faster than using velum

you sure can

the longfin is a bit of a hassle to drive it's like a rocket going in a straight line but it can't turn for sh*t

Cant remember if I have posted it here but the APC has received a significant speed boost when in the water. The Stromberg as well. Perhaps it's a global value they increased to make the Toreador or Kosatka fast but they all have faster speed. The APC is a very viable watercraft now, combined with the explosive cannon it's the best "boat"

• Like 2

Before this update with these new stations, the radio wheel was kind of bugged, upon entering a vehicle and immediately bringing up the wheel to put on your favorite station, the radio would not put the station you would choose so you had to bring up the wheel again.

This update kind of fixed because now the wheel works almost flawlessly.

Also the cars have their designed default radio station as expected when you enter them(Rapid GT has The Lab as the default radio, Cheburek has Soulwax FM, Virgo Classic has Space FM, etc...)

Maybe OP should add this.

BTW where's the patch notes?

On 12/24/2020 at 2:57 AM, cybapete said:

you sure can

the longfin is a bit of a hassle to drive it's like a rocket going in a straight line but it can't turn for sh*t

In case you didn't know, hold the handbrake button to get sharp turns, same as all watercraft 👍🏻 but yeah even then you have to lift off in the longfin to get a useful turn.

rollschuh2282
On 12/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, LeakyLine said:

Project Americas isn't real.

👀

<!-- MISC AMERICAS SCRIPT STATS -->

15 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

👀

that's from new patch?
BTW, are the text lines from CnC got deleted?

Edited by Guest

rollschuh2282
2 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

that's from new patch?
BTW, are the text lines from CnC got deleted?

nah that line is from RDR2.

but still is evidence that the project americas leak was real at least in part.

and i haven´t checked all the lines.

but i think they only eited some lines.

for example the german language file still mentions that you can´t modify "stolen" police vehicles.

so we will have to see if they will un-shelve the CnC update for this summer

15 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

nah that line is from RDR2.

but still is evidence that the project americas leak was real at least in part.

and i haven´t checked all the lines.

but i think they only eited some lines.

for example the german language file still mentions that you can´t modify "stolen" police vehicles.

so we will have to see if they will un-shelve the CnC update for this summer

if english line was reverted, that means CnC was scrapped IMO

3 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

if english line was reverted, that means CnC was scrapped IMO

Shelved*
 :angery~4: