Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA:O Breakdown - Cayo Perico Heist a.k.a. YOU CAN DRIVE THE SUB!!


CaliMeatWagon

Recommended Posts

Completed solo today, took the underwater tunnel entrance, and main Dock escape. Didn't have weapon prep done, so once I triggered alarm in the compound by not headshoting two guards together quick enough, just went to the vault to get files, because enemies never stop spawning. Realised all loot in compound requires extra player, which I didn't know, my plan was to just grab what I can there and escape. Got shot to sh*t on the way and at main Dock trying to get loot, but still managed to escape after dying three times. Was messy and felt like a blind and deaf man crossing a busy road. Fun though and excited to play again. Anyone have thoughts on escaping from airstrip? The loot there is in some well covered buildings, and looks like it might be easier/cleaner than main dock, just further away. Also El rubio's chopper, is it in the compound and can you destroy it? Also if you leave the compound without triggerng an alarm can you stealth to the exit point? TIA! Made 1.2 million, lost some loot from getting lit up constantly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
16 minutes ago, Fioboi said:

Completed solo today, took the underwater tunnel entrance, and main Dock escape. Didn't have weapon prep done, so once I triggered alarm in the compound by not headshoting two guards together quick enough, just went to the vault to get files, because enemies never stop spawning. Realised all loot in compound requires extra player, which I didn't know, my plan was to just grab what I can there and escape. Got shot to sh*t on the way and at main Dock trying to get loot, but still managed to escape after dying three times. Was messy and felt like a blind and deaf man crossing a busy road. Fun though and excited to play again. Anyone have thoughts on escaping from airstrip? The loot there is in some well covered buildings, and looks like it might be easier/cleaner than main dock, just further away. Also El rubio's chopper, is it in the compound and can you destroy it? Also if you leave the compound without triggerng an alarm can you stealth to the exit point? TIA! Made 1.2 million, lost some loot from getting lit up constantly. 

 

You can find some goodies in the Hanger at the Airstrip, two piles of stuff. I have seen Weed, Cocaine or Cash.

 

If you look you will see a Forklift, directly across that is a crate you can pick up with the Forklift. Pick it up and look above the cage on the ground across from the door you entered and you will see a gap, drive the Forklift with the box against the cage, lift the box up and use the Forklift and box to climb through the gap. You will find a hidden stash of stuff. Take whatever is best when you return. The Airstrip is insanely easy if you know where to look, my current run has two piles of Cocaine waiting for me and little to no security.

 

Yes you can do the entire Heist from start to finish in Stealth.

Disruption missions should be mandatory. Without Armour you can kill a guard with body shots before he can react, without Weapons the Snipers only have Machine Pistols instead of Sniper Rifles and the patrolling Guards only have basic Pistols and Buzzards is self-explanatory.

Edited by RyuNova
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

You can find some goodies in the Hanger at the Airstrip, two piles of stuff. I have seen Weed, Cocaine or Cash.

 

If you look you will see a Forklift, directly across that is a crate you can pick up with the Forklift. Pick it up and look above the cage on the ground across from the door you entered and you will see a gap, drive the Forklift with the box against the cage, lift the box up and use the Forklift and box to climb through the gap. You will find a hidden stash of stuff. Take whatever is best when you return. The Airstrip is insanely easy if you know where to look, my current run has two piles of Cocaine waiting for me and little to no security.

 

Yes you can do the entire Heist from start to finish in Stealth.

Disruption missions should be mandatory. Without Armour you can kill a guard with body shots before he can react, without Weapons the Snipers only have Machine Pistols instead of Sniper Rifles and the patrolling Guards only have basic Pistols and Buzzards is self-explanatory.

Great this is what I was thinking, allthough further away, an easier escape. Thanks for the advice on the forklift, I'll return and scope that out. My next heist I've scoped some cocaine and weed at the airstrip. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
15 minutes ago, Fioboi said:

Great this is what I was thinking, allthough further away, an easier escape. Thanks for the advice on the forklift, I'll return and scope that out. My next heist I've scoped some cocaine and weed at the airstrip. 

 

I would advise you pick up your Secondary Goodies on the way out. No chance of them being shot and damaged during the actual heist.

 

Sub and Drain approach, steal your Primary, leave compound, hoof it to Airstrip, collect goodies, disable Air Defence and escape in plane. Another fun but of info is becuase you did the Sub approach you will have a Scuba Suit equipped, use this to swim quickly to the Airstrip. Just stick close to the shore but underwater to avoid Patrol Boats.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RedNitrate

There's some great info and advice in this thread, a big thanks to all the contributors, I'm definitely going to keep it close by when I make my first run. Im super rusty and can use all the help I can get lol - havent played in over a year but the new heist got me hooked back in.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
EkaSwede

Every time I leave the Main Dock during the escape Pavel makes a mention of something big being in the water or something. Something unsettling. What is he on about? The mines are barely an issue if any at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
30 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

Every time I leave the Main Dock during the escape Pavel makes a mention of something big being in the water or something. Something unsettling. What is he on about? The mines are barely an issue if any at all.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
docpain222

If using stealth, no need to do disruption missions. I use to and then realized they were pointless as I use stealth. Headshots. I have been grinding the perico heist solo and rarely mess up and get caught. I have done it +10 times. When I do mess up and get caught I usually have stupid shrubs and concrete trees to blame.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RyuNova said:

 

I would advise you pick up your Secondary Goodies on the way out. No chance of them being shot and damaged during the actual heist.

 

Sub and Drain approach, steal your Primary, leave compound, hoof it to Airstrip, collect goodies, disable Air Defence and escape in plane. Another fun but of info is becuase you did the Sub approach you will have a Scuba Suit equipped, use this to swim quickly to the Airstrip. Just stick close to the shore but underwater to avoid Patrol Boats.

Great advice thanks! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon
6 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

Every time I leave the Main Dock during the escape Pavel makes a mention of something big being in the water or something. Something unsettling. What is he on about? The mines are barely an issue if any at all.

 

Before I answer that, I'm gonna need about Tree Fiddy...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fioboi said:

Also El rubio's chopper, is it in the compound and can you destroy it?

 

i read somewhere it's on the lawn outside the compound and if your weapon loadout has sticky bombs you can toss one on it for detonation later

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
2 hours ago, cybapete said:

 

i read somewhere it's on the lawn outside the compound and if your weapon loadout has sticky bombs you can toss one on it for detonation later

 

Its true, left of the main gate you will see his Valkyrie. Stick Sticky Bombs on it and you can blow them up later.

Edited by RyuNova
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cybapete said:

 

i read somewhere it's on the lawn outside the compound and if your weapon loadout has sticky bombs you can toss one on it for detonation later

 

1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

 

Its true, left of the main gate you will see his Valkyrie. Stick Sticky Bombs on it and you can blow them up later.

Thanks, I was busy dying at that point so couldn't have a proper look haha. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

This is quickly becoming my favorite heist and I'm a big fan of all of them pretty much. There are so many little options and methods to carrying the new heist out. The stuff that stands out: cutting powder/laxatives, guard uniform/truck, the tunnel entrance, and most of being able to choose whatever approach you want on the fly. It's not quite Hitman and the AI is wonky, dumb and unpredictable at times, but Cayo Perico Heist is giving me legit Kino Manhunt/Hitman vibes. As inconsistent as stealth is in this game, I very much enjoy and get much satisfaction from completing a heist undetected. If/when we get another heist, likely on next gen, I hope it's as open ended as CPH.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
EkaSwede

So... I used the Longfin approach and tried to melee the guard who had a white icon. My character refused and the guard turned around and shot a few bullets.

 

Then he became passive and stood straight as if nothing happened. No alarm.

 

So I popped him in the head.

 

Rubio needs better guards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the compound there are locked doors that say "You dont have the right equipment.." (somethnig similar). Does anyone know whats hiding behind them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fioboi said:

Great this is what I was thinking, allthough further away, an easier escape. Thanks for the advice on the forklift, I'll return and scope that out. My next heist I've scoped some cocaine and weed at the airstrip. 

Did this today, after leaving the mansion, went left and found a safe way down the cliff to the water, and with scuba suit swam to airstrip underwater, then took the loot in the hangar, including the attic area using forklift, one coke and two cash was perfect full bag.  Nice method. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
56 minutes ago, Fioboi said:

Did this today, after leaving the mansion, went left and found a safe way down the cliff to the water, and with scuba suit swam to airstrip underwater, then took the loot in the hangar, including the attic area using forklift, one coke and two cash was perfect full bag.  Nice method. 

 

I did the same thing as well. Two Cocaines like I said were waiting for me, ramped off the cliffs on a bike into water, scuba suited to the Airstrip, collected my Cocaine and flew away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
On 12/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Jimbatron said:

Some observations from looking at various videos.

 

Two weed and 1 cash fills a loot bag. I would guess weed fills 37.5% of the bag and cash is 25%.

 

Coke and Art look like they are 50% of the bag each.

 

This fits with what @Gaffa and @Lonely-Martin have said and videos I’ve watched. Coke and two cash fills your bag with no stack left. Coke plus weed plus cash leaves a little bit of cash behind that won’t fit, same if it’s art instead of coke. The maths seems to work.

 

The big question for me that I haven’t worked out is how much of the bag gold fills. It’s definitely around the 60% mark. But if it’s 62.5% or a bit more gold plus weed nicely fill one loot bag. If it’s lower you need a third secondary target.

 

As above for anyone just picking this up and not reading the earlier bits - this matters if you are going for the elite - you need to fill your bags, but its much more time efficient if you can do that grabbing two secondary targets instead of three. Also with a 4 man team it's worth considering the combinations people take. A player taking gold for example shouldn't take cash next as they're liable to be just short of filling their bag. Coke, Weed, Cash is a wastefull combination, as Coke, Cash Cash would give you a full bag and another team member takes the Weed instead. But it obviously depends how close the targets are too. Coke, coke is obviously great to fill the bag perfectly in 2, but maybe not if you have to go all the way to the airport to get them. Lots to think about if you want to do a time efficient loot grab on this heist.

 

An update on this. Gold plus weed will fill a loot bag, no need for a third secondary target. This was actually critical for us doing a four many elite as it meant we only had to clear the compound and the docks. But if the guy who took the gold didn't take the weed, I don't think we could have done it. We were not slick at all, several mistakes that slowed us down but we did it (after a couple of false starts getting detected in the compound) in 14:45. We wouldn't have made it though if we'd had to go to one of the further targets. Obviously it's helpful if you get cocaine at the main docks but we didn't - we got 1 weed and four cash. Carriers took primary and 4 cash (all from the main docks); 2 people painting, cash, cash (all in the compound) and one taking gold (in the compound) and weed (at the main docks).

 

Thanks to @CaliMeatWagon for the thread, and @Lonely-Martin and @Gaffa for intel that helped us do the challenge.


Oh, and poisoning the water tower with the cutting power really helps if you have to grab stuff under fire at the docks if you're pushed for time - the AI aiming goes to pot. You can literally run straight past them in open ground and not die, not health or armour top ups needed

 

 

With the possible exception of Bogdan, I think this might be the easiest Elite yet. I hit a tree with the bike and made the mistake of walking which probably cost us a minute, there was a mix up where we thought we'd picked the key cards in the compound but hadn't, and we still made the time.

 

Like I say though, this Elite would be a cinch on your own. The more players, the harder it becomes to get the Elite, as you need to fill four loot bags, pick your targets carefully and make sure you each take efficient combinations. We had probably the worst RNG spawns you can get (1 weed and 4 cash at the main docks, no coke, and only 1 gold plus two painting at the compound), but if you plan effectively who is going to grab what you shouldn't need to travel to a further site. If our man who took the gold however had grabbed cash or a painting then it wouldn't have been possible.

Edited by Jimbatron
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My group has a hard time with stealth. (Playing with my buddy's dad who has a hard time with the controller and minimap.) Is there good advice for doing this heist for non-stealth people? Get the outfits and truck? Which support crew should we "waste" our money on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
7 hours ago, Zalwig said:

Found this on reddit:

https://imgur.com/6FV6mWj

 


I think they have Weed down incorrectly. I have seen a video where someone picks up two weed and one cash to fill a loot bag. So weed is less than 50%. Given cash is almost certainly 25%, weed must be greater than 37.5% but less than 50%.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, Gaffa said:

There is a random choice of six primary targets you're going to get in the vault. 

 

VKjhYyW.png

 

ui6vyzU.jpeg

 

As a solo player, this was the most amount of loot I could fit in the bag:

 

Cash = $352,260, from 4x pickups

Weed = $390,360, from 3x pickups

Cocaine = $448,920 from 2x pickups.

 

Looking back at this Id assume the Panther Statue won’t always be available, it will be an event week special like Diamonds at the Casino?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
36 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

Wait.

Secondary Target values DOUBLE on Hard?

 

No, the table lists the value of a full bag, ie 2 x cocaine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
17 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

No, the table lists the value of a full bag, ie 2 x cocaine.

 

So is it just an all round ten percent increase?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Just now, RyuNova said:

 

So is it just an all round ten percent increase?

 

10% on the primary and nothing on the secondary, you'll always get 220k for one cleared cocaine stash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
4 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

 

10% on the primary and nothing on the secondary, you'll always get 220k for one cleared cocaine stash.

 

Eh, does not seem worth it to rush back then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
17 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

Eh, does not seem worth it to rush back then.

I think you only need to pay to start the heist again, you can complete it any time later and do it on hard. It’s only if you don’t start the heist again it will drop the difficulty back to normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.