1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why I really hate Trevor Phillips

JaeDan 101

Western Gunslinger
8 hours ago, Thelema93 said:

Nope I've never played vice city.. but it doesn't take an expert to know Tommy isn't a superior version of Trevor..he's his own entity entirely.  That TLAD fanboy was trying to make it sound like they tried to base Trevor's likeness off Tommy which is ludicrous..

And yet, everyone knows Tommy is loosely based on scarface... Same way Niko is loosely based on Sasha.. not saying he's an exact ripoff.. they wear different colour shirts after all... I was just using colourful language as a way to gauge a reaction.. sure worked didn't it.. but there is definitely an inspiration there.. whether or not Tommy is inferior to scarface is up to interpretation..

I think he is.. for one reason and one reason only.. scarface is an iconic movie character who's played by a real life actor on the big screen. He has some of the most quoteble lines in cinema..Al Pacino FFS.. Tommy's a cartoon character in comparison.. he's not even rendered in HD.. I know ray Liotta is suppose to be good too but he's definitely no Al Pacino.. Tommy is probably ahead of his time.. but it's foolish to say he's a better character than Tony Montana.. Movie writing is far superior. 

"I'm right and you're wrong because I said so"

Much like Algonquin Assassin, I don’t dislike Trevor quite as much as I used to. Yes, he’s still my least favorite protagonist (excluding the ones from 1, 2, Advance, and Online) and he’s actually quite polarizing. It seems as if most players either really love or hate him. I can kinda see why that’s the case with him. In some ways, it makes him unique as all the other GTA protagonists can be liked, disliked, or players can just be neutral with them. In some ways, he feels more in line with being a Manhunt protagonist. A lot of gamers appreciate his loyalty towards Michael. Personally, I overall prefer the more disloyal GTA protagonists, especially because it’s fun to watch them go from working for one person to the next. Also because well, it’s an organized crime game after all. I don’t really think it’s always necessary to go over the top with characters being loyal, considering they’re all rather amoral people to begin with. I think loyal protagonists overall fit games such as the Call of Duty franchise, Max Payne franchise, and L.A. Noire better. That’s just me though.

I also wanted to add my two cents in that a lot of Trevor haters and fans are often opposite sides of the same coin in many ways (no pun intended). I honestly find it a little odd seeing a GTA V fan hate Trevor but who am I to judge by those standards? What I’m more willing to judge is (from what I’ve seen in a lot of his other posts, including this one) the fact that the user was born and raised in the United States, claims to be 20 years old, and literally types like a one year foreign exchange student from some obscure country. I really wonder what his excuse is.

Edited by ThatBenGuy
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
47 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Moreover it’s ridiculous how he thinks the only thing that makes Tommy and Tony different is the colour of Tommy’s shirt LMAO.

Talk about scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

There's plenty of things that make them different. You guys were scraping the bottom of the barrell in regards to Trevor so I thought I would too. Don't know why you are taking such offense to the scarface comparison.. if anything it's a compliment.. 

• KEKW 2
25 minutes ago, Western Gunslinger said:

"I'm right and you're wrong because I said so"

Pretty much. Thanks for following

Edited by Thelema93
  • KEKW 2
31 minutes ago, Zello said:

He's not though.

Since when was Tommy an immigrant from Cuba who works as a dishwasher? When does Tommy bang a drug lords wife, has a weird obsession over his sister, and makes enemies with a drug lord from a different country?

Tommy also isn't addicted to Cocaine like Tony.

Again... Loosely based doesn't mean exact replica.. all protagonists have some sort of inspiration.. certain key aspects taken from outside sources to help craft the character they have in mind.. in Tommy's case, I'm going to say they took scarfaces theme, not really his likeness or his background.. the whole drug lord Psycho sh*tick.. and made it their own.. 

Just now, Thelema93 said:

in Tommy's case, I'm going to say they took scarfaces theme, not really his likeness or his background.. the whole drug lord Psycho sh*tick.. and made it their own.. 

Cuban immigration was a big theme of Scarface.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

*face palm*

Ok you don’t have to like Tommy, but I guess you’re not familiar with any of Ray Liotta’s work then?

I’m not going to get into a debate whether he’s better than Al Pacino, but Ray Liotta is pretty iconic and I guarantee more people were aware of Ray Liotta before Vice City than Steve Ogg before GTA V. For most people Ray Liotta is what makes Tommy a compelling character.

He is definitely not some cartoon character.

That's because Rockstar has long stopped hiring well known actors in their games.. it's not a question of which actor has more talent..

he may as well be a cartoon. Not too many non gamers would appreciate his story or take it seriously because of the format.. couldn't say the same for Scarface.. it's a different kind of art form.. 

9 minutes ago, Zello said:

Cuban immigration was a big theme of Scarface.

Another theme was drug running and gunning down motherf*ckers as well as 80s cliche gangsta sh*t.. ala tommy

Just now, Thelema93 said:

Another theme was drug running and gunning down motherf*ckers as well as 80s cliche gangsta sh*t.. ala tommy

I think you're gonna want to watch Scarface again and play Vice City.

All of your arguments are a joke.

• Like 4

Oh man, imagine comparing Scarface to the story of some lousy Grand Theft Auto V dude.

Edited by Americana
2 hours ago, Zello said:

I think you're gonna want to watch Scarface again and play Vice City.

All of your arguments are a joke.

Thankyou Jello I'm studying to be a comedian.. 😉 I've never seen or played either. Been talking outta my ass the entire time.. but thankyou for keeping me entertained.. 

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
SonofLosSantos
1 hour ago, Thelema93 said:

Been talking outta my ass the entire time.. but thankyou for keeping me entertained.. 

I mean basically. It’s pretty apparent that you just flat out don’t know what you’re talking about.

• YEE 1
24 minutes ago, SonofLosSantos said:

I mean basically. It’s pretty apparent that you just flat out don’t know what you’re talking about.

I know exactly where I'm coming from.. it just apparent no one else does. If you can't convince them confuse them

17 minutes ago, Fake Lilina said:

At this point, this topic isn't even about Trevor Philips anymore.

It's a mess........just like Trevor's character 656135804678045718.png.

So maybe it is still on track.

1 minute ago, Ryo256 said:

It's a mess........just like Trevor's character 656135804678045718.png.

So maybe it is still on track.

I guess. 656135804678045718.png

On 1/15/2021 at 6:52 AM, Thelema93 said:

Thankyou Jello I'm studying to be a comedian.. 😉 I've never seen or played either. Been talking outta my ass the entire time.. but thankyou for keeping me entertained.. 

Bruh how did you even compare them without not atleast  watching one of them but none

Edited by DR:BUSTA

Okay, i changed my mind...

I liked Trevor Phillips now. When I do the missions from Trevor, it seems like they are memorable to me.

Even the trio of Ron, Wade and Trev, they are also memorable to me. I chose to kill Trevor in the last mission, now I have to start a new game to get him back

His feautures are cool, especially in the McKenzie Field Hangar. I also loved the Hunting, just like in RDR

I'm just an asshole at first, sorry

Carl Theft Auto
4 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

Okay, i changed my mind...

I liked Trevor Phillips now. When I do the missions from Trevor, it seems like they are memorable to me.

Even the trio of Ron, Wade and Trev, they are also memorable to me. I chose to kill Trevor in the last mission, now I have to start a new game to get him back

His feautures are cool, especially in the McKenzie Field Hangar. I also loved the Hunting, just like in RDR

I'm just an asshole at first, sorry

Look, I'll have to say something that I think no one has ever said to you before, Have you noticed that in your topics about "Why I Really hate X" or Why I don't like X", you would say how much you hate it then you'd easily change your mind and you'd like it, just like your topic about Why I don't like TLAD, you say that It has a bad graphics, The Gang is crap, etc. Then someone proved you wrong and you changed your mind and started liking it. It sounds like you don't want to be proved wrong so you wouldn't get sh'tted on by the people who actually liked it . Look I'm sorry if this was harsh but I just have to get it out my chest.

17 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

Look, I'll have to say something that I think no one has ever said to you before, Have you noticed that in your topics about "Why I Really hate X" or Why I don't like X", you would say how much you hate it then you'd easily change your mind and you'd like it, just like your topic about Why I don't like TLAD, you say that It has a bad graphics, The Gang is crap, etc. Then someone proved you wrong and you changed your mind and started liking it. It sounds like you don't want to be proved wrong so you wouldn't get sh'tted on by the people who actually liked it . Look I'm sorry if this was harsh but I just have to get it out my chest.

I actually completely agree with you. It seems like the OP isn’t very consistent at all. It’s like he jumps on the bandwagon of something after disliking it the moment someone proves him wrong on a particular point. It doesn’t make much sense, does it? He even said he would stop reading reading this thread a little less than two weeks ago. Yet another inconsistency. It also seems as if he’s breaking his own rule or code of conduct. His threads such as this one and the one you just added a link to both currently seem a little counterproductive if you ask me.

Edited by ThatBenGuy
17 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

just like your topic about Why I don't like TLAD

That topic is very different to this topic

At first, I don't REALLY hate TLAD. I just hate it a little.

In this topic, I red your replies from the previous days and it changed my mind

I didn't also know that he got cool features, because I only switch to him every like... once every 3 weeks or something

anyway, you are all right, you guys are the winner, im the loser

case closed

• Like 1