1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why I really hate Trevor Phillips

JaeDan 101

Americana

He is a psycho, who cares about moral standards and modern problems, such as racism and xenophobia. So, he is a very good person.

Also, for some reason him being racist towards a Chineese character is fine? Dudes? If yes... then why do you care about being racist towards blacks?

Also, my favorite color is black and red.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 5
billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, ArthurFleck said:

When blacks using it as slang non offensive word why should be white or asian person called racist or agresor for saying nigga ? If is that offensive than why they can using it but others are persecuded for that ? So let's say there are offensive words, than dont use it, I never seen nor in real life or gta universe say a white guy using ni**er apart from Gerald, yet Vance call local yokels white trash. That's fine ? So neither don't use any of those words, and for every race and gender, or use it freely for anyone, otherwise you all just hypocrites and actual racists, I had asian, black friends, also random black and asian people to speak to about world, in fact I had even sex with ''all kind of women favors'' and many of my friends are gays, yet I don't tolerate this anti white propaganda you making aspecially this god damned year, so all I saying is you can using it, I can too, if is offensive stop being unpolite and others will follow.  And just to be clear, I don't care any gender or skin, because most of humans are awful no matter of skin or genitalias.  

Black people have been called the word with hate for hundreds of years. When black people use it they're reclaiming it - taking it away from racists and using it for themselves instead with a different meaning in a different context. People who aren't black and who would never be called the word with hate using it isn't the same thing because it's a different context. You can't reclaim a slur that you've never been called and never will be called. If a poor white person wants to say "hell yeah I'm white trash" to reclaim that insulting phrase it's also different from some random person who isn't poor and white calling someone who is that. Another example would be how some LGBT+ people reclaim the slur "queer" by calling themselves that, once again it's still rude for a straight person to walk up and call someone "queer" because not being that and never being called that with hate changes the context. 

Is a white person saying it in a misguided attempt to try to bond with black people the same thing as a white person saying it with hatred for black people? No it isn't. But once it's been explained that the person who'd been called the n word deciding to flip the script on racists by calling themselves that to remove the racist meaning isn't the same thing as someone who hasn't been called it saying it, and that it's hurtful to black people to be called that by people who've never experienced being called it with hate, if you still keep doing it with no regard for black people's feelings and the history of racist hatred they've faced, it's hard to argue that it's not racist.

Words can have different meanings in different contexts. Pretending that isn't the case is dishonest. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • fir thi bairns 1

My attitude towards Trevor at the start of every playthrough:
ipGDcx9.png

My attitude towards Trevor at the end of every playthrough:
HP5pQov.png

• Like 1
  • KEKW 10
  • Bruh 1
DR:BUSTA

Actually Trevor is my favorite part of GTA 5 he is so well written and does his role in making rampages as realistic as possible also he is funny asf 

His fanboys are annoying sometimes but I won't ruin the fun for them

• excuseme 1
Cutter De Blanc

He's a cartoon character. If youre trying to take him seriously youre doing it wrong. I always ruin his most serious moments by having him dressed up in the Pussycat tanktop and those goofy oversized Krepp shades or some sh*t

I mean its a little tough to FEEL for the guy with the Balls of Fire bowling shirt when hes crying about his mom or whatever, but he's alot of fun to play as, y'know

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

I really hate how he's built up to be running a criminal empire that you don't actually run. Seriously the entire game he mentions TPI but then never does anything with it like at all. I would have enjoyed running Trevor's criminal empire out in Sandy Shores and Blaine county. Having wars with all the gangs that are out there and conducting business with other gangs and cartels would have been much better than what we got. Instead he's a joke and forced to be crazy for no reason. People say that Franklin needed a gang storyline but actually that would have fit Trevor more tbh.

So I just pick ending A everytime and let Michael shoot him.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 11
Algonquin Assassin
4 hours ago, Zello said:

I really hate how he's built up to be running a criminal empire that you don't actually run. Seriously the entire game he mentions TPI but then never does anything with it like at all. I would have enjoyed running Trevor's criminal empire out in Sandy Shores and Blaine county. Having wars with all the gangs that are out there and conducting business with other gangs and cartels would have been much better than what we got. Instead he's a joke and forced to be crazy for no reason. People say that Franklin needed a gang storyline but actually that would have fit Trevor more tbh.

So I just pick ending A everytime and let Michael shoot him.

Yeah. That’s one of the weakest parts of GTA V IMO.

Before release it seemed like TPI was going to be a big part of the experience at least from Trevor’s perspective.

The arms dealing side missions are cool, but they don’t last long enough. It’s strange since Trevor doesn’t have any ulterior motives so it feels abandoned for no reason. I would’ve loved CTW’s drug dealing adapted for it to keep it going as an ongoing thing.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 5
On 12/18/2020 at 12:28 AM, Yinepi said:

Then why put the -er at the end when Schwartz would've been fine?

Because "Schwar(t)zer" is the proper german nominalized adjective (masculine) of "schwar(t)z",

it doesn't mean:

On 12/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, Yinepi said:

"Blacker"

, but "black one".

Edited by AmigaMix
  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1
9 hours ago, Yinepi said:

See I have bad German. And that's the keyword of my post roughly translated, not literally translated.

I think you're being disingenuous.

The idea behind your post was to trivialize Trevor's use of the "N-word" by comparing it to the naming of the "Schwartzer".

You went as far, as to discredit the notion of the "-er" suffix not being of malicious nature, by stating: 

Then why put the -er at the end when Schwartz would've been fine?

In spite of your admitted shaky hold on the german language, you deemed it wise to jump to conclusions, by trying to deconstruct its syntax.

Edited by AmigaMix
  • fir thi bairns 1
rml_gta

I mean, I don´t hate Trevor, but it´s not my favorite, my favorite is Michael because I see his choices were made to protect his family and try to live a new life, start from zero, that´s why I don´t understand people that hate Michael. But Trevor is... I got angry with him when he killed Johnny Klebitz, but in the end he is a good person, very very in the end, he is so crazy but HE KNOWS the people he HAS to protect and "love", as he revealed to Michael when he said he had nothing apart from him when Michael tried to explain him he did what he did because of the safety of his family. For example when he saw Tracey was in trouble in the Fame or Shame show he got so angry, I think more than Michael that is her father, and Tracey sees Trevor as part of the family. If you choose the "Kill Trevor" option you see how betrayed he feels because he started to trust another person (Franklin) and he feels it as stabbed in the back. Trevor is so f*cking crazy and bipolar, but he is a good person in the end that has no problem to save and protect the people he cares of, with a bad past that could be the cause of his madness IMO...

billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, rml_gta said:

I mean, I don´t hate Trevor, but it´s not my favorite, my favorite is Michael because I see his choices were made to protect his family and try to live a new life, start from zero, that´s why I don´t understand people that hate Michael. But Trevor is... I got angry with him when he killed Johnny Klebitz, but in the end he is a good person, very very in the end, he is so crazy but HE KNOWS the people he HAS to protect and "love", as he revealed to Michael when he said he had nothing apart from him when Michael tried to explain him he did what he did because of the safety of his family. For example when he saw Tracey was in trouble in the Fame or Shame show he got so angry, I think more than Michael that is her father, and Tracey sees Trevor as part of the family. If you choose the "Kill Trevor" option you see how betrayed he feels because he started to trust another person (Franklin) and he feels it as stabbed in the back. Trevor is so f*cking crazy and bipolar, but he is a good person in the end that has no problem to save and protect the people he cares of, with a bad past that could be the cause of his madness IMO...

Michael set his "friends" up to be killed/imprisoned to make a better life for himself. Then a decade later he still remains ready and willing to do it again right up until the end of the game (even during their "one last score" while escaping the cops he's telling Franklin and the crew that if they get caught they'll pin it all on Trevor), and in ending A actually does so (eagerly helping Franklin to kill Trevor whereas if ending B is chosen Trevor is disgusted at the thought of helping to kill Michael and says no immediately). He chose a life of crime, caring about his family doesn't mean he wasn't also a lying backstabber. I think they're both good/well written characters but morally there's good and bad things about both of them.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
rml_gta
8 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

but morally there's good and bad things about both of them

This is a good statement, of course Michael did things that are not okay and the same applies for Trevor, but in the other hand both of them have good choices that reveals some morality on them (well I mean, skipping the fact that you murder a lot of people with each character lol, because if we count that nobody would have morality, that´s why I never count character kills in most R* characters, because nobody would be a good person lol, even Arthur Morgan for example)

• Like 1
Fake Lilina
On 12/15/2020 at 11:48 PM, universetwisters said:

tbh who hasnt these days 

Sometimes I wonder if people do that in real life.

SonofLosSantos
34 minutes ago, Fake Lilina said:

Sometimes I wonder if people do that in real life.

f*ck yeah they do, I’ve got surveillance footage of junkies sh*tting on the porch of one of my families rental properties. It’s real sh*t, no pun intended.

On 12/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, Zello said:

Bro Imagine GTA 5 if

If Rockstar Actually put effort in arranging its open world

Seriously though imagine giving every protagonist his own kind of side missions

_Trevor having an empire system similar to the one in VCS but in Sandy shores and plain country

_Franklin having gang wars or drug dealings ( since he doesn't have problems with them like CJ)  in Los Santos

_ And Michael uhhhh?...  I don't know doing boomers stuff and sh*t?

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 1
SonofLosSantos

Trevor is a lazily written hypocrite whose edgy as f*ck and ruins everything that IV built up. He shouldn’t have lived to the end of the game honestly, but the entirety of V’s story was missed potential. There’s nothing “badass” about any of the characters, aside from Lamar, who was one of the only saving graces of the story. Michael was a fat depressed cvck whose domestic life and finances are completely out of control, I don’t know how that’s “bad ass” at all.

trevor, as I’ve already said, is a very flawed character and it doesn’t work in his favor. 
franklin was a selfish self loathing asshole with no real goals, only a desire for wealth. Turned his back on his family and friends. He’s Michael 2.0 and nobody else ever says anything about it. But yeah f*ck Trevor. Dudes a sh*tbag who only appeals to those with no real personality of their own.

Edited by SonofLosSantos
  • Like 4
On 12/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, Niobium said:

trevor sucks for a boatload of reasons. he's easily the whiniest, most hypocritical protagonist in the series and i always facepalm when people say it's niko. he is constantly bitching about how michael is a judas and how important loyalty is, when he has betrayed multiple people through the course of the game. he tortures the living f*ck out of a man right before preaching about how torture is bad. he always complains about how people are mean to him while bullying people weaker than him. this guy has mommy issues, as if i'm supposed to feel sorry for this idiot, but V fanboys say "oh he's so misunderstood!"

i've also noticed that his presence tends to weaken strong characters around him. he did it to johnny, who i have already stated multiple times that he is not only an actually well-written GTA protagonist, he is a strong, principled man and would never do half of the sh*t he did in GTA V. but nope, we better feed him to trevor to make him look crazy, character development be damned!. he did it to madrazo, who was introduced as a powerful threat and then got c*cked by trevor and had his ear ripped off. speaking of the c*ck storyline, wtf is with trevor falling in love with patricia? i mean why? was it because "LOL TREVUR FUNY XD"? why would patricia even fall in love with him?

i also hate how trevor is portrayed to be invincible (minus option A, of course). why does he survive the most dangerous, idiotic sh*t, like flying a smaller plane into a bigger one? because "TREVUR SO WACKY AND BADASS LUL"? why does trevor kidnap the wife of a powerful cartel leader and then just hand her back to him, no strings attached, while also c*cking him and ripping his ear off? why does trevor ride a train about to collide with another train, and then jump off a damn bridge? also why does trevor get to be the one to have the most overpowered special ability? i never liked any of the special abilities in V, but rage mode literally enables godmode for trevor. i mean how much plot armor does this f*cking prick have?

GTA V's storyline is already not that great with the FIB bitchwork and michael's annoying family, but trevor really drags it down. some people criticize V's story because everyone keeps yelling, screaming, and saying "FU*K YOU" to each other. while that is true, i find that trevor is one of the biggest offenders of this. constantly saying f*ck you to michael or anyone else is just annoying. the weird edgy sh*t like the cannibalism and the rape is just icing on the cake. it serves no other reason than to say "LUL TREVUR SO WACKY AND SILY AMIRITE?"

in short, he is the worst, most overrated video game character of all time and nothing can change my mind. a good voice actor and a few funny jokes aren't enough to save him from being my most hated character

Wow someone has got a lot to say. Let it all out relief that anger

13 hours ago, AmigaMix said:

I think you're being disingenuous.

The idea behind your post was to trivialize Trevor's use of the "N-word" by comparing it to the naming of the "Schwartzer".

You went as far, as to discredit the notion of the "-er" suffix not being of malicious nature, by stating: 

In spite of your admitted shaky hold on the german language, you deemed it wise to jump to conclusions, by trying to deconstruct its syntax.

Which is exactly the point I'm trying to prove. People can roughly translate it as that, not that they will.

Personally don't care if you think I'm being disingenuous. I made a point and I'm sticking to it.

• excuseme 1
Niobium
3 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

How?

i can't speak for sonoflossantos but IV established that the HD era was not cartoony like the 3D era and was meant to be taken seriously, but then a character like trevor comes along and f*cks everything up. it doesn't help that trevor also f*cked up everything TLAD established too.

• Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
SonofLosSantos
1 hour ago, Niobium said:

i can't speak for sonoflossantos but IV established that the HD era was not cartoony like the 3D era and was meant to be taken seriously, but then a character like trevor comes along and f*cks everything up. it doesn't help that trevor also f*cked up everything TLAD established too.

exactly what I was getting at, but I didn’t feel like spelling it out😅.

we had 3 different stories between 4 and its expansions. All of them made sense in the realm of the new in game universe. Nikos dark depressing story, Johnny’s gritty tales of gang warfare and Luis’s story of drug dealing and liberty city’s glamorous underbelly. even with all the additions that tbogt added, it didn’t take away from the tone and atmosphere that 4 established, as it was just another facet of story that liberty city was telling. It made SENSE. After sitting and thinking about it for a long while, I’ve come to the conclusion that while I initially thought I wanted GTA V, what I REALLY wanted was GTA 4: Los Santos.

Edited by SonofLosSantos
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Niobium said:

TBOGT already had a lot of OTT scenes

And I see Trevor as a realistic protagonist he is literally everything that the player does in freeroom while rampaging and messing with the game so it makes sense for his character to be that way

Algonquin Assassin

Even though I like Trevor a lot more than I used to I wish R* emphasised some more of his darker and twisted side of his personality.

I’ve always felt he should’ve had more Jack Torrance from The Shining in his personality. A true terrifying psychopath.

He can be funny at times, but at other times it feels like the writing tries a bit “too” hard and it’s hard to take him seriously as a threat. That’s why I feel he should’ve been less comical (still have it of course as every protagonist has their humorous moments).

Look at James Earl Cash from Manhunt. That dude makes Trevor look like a clown by comparison. I think Trevor would’ve better if he was in his own game as ultimately GTA V is about Michael and Trevor is a past demon.

I actually think in concept Trevor’s character is brilliant when you’re not focusing on GTA V’s writing flaws, but that’s how I would’ve fine tuned him if it were up to me.

• Like 4
Niobium
8 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

TBOGT already had a lot of OTT scenes

And I see Trevor as a realistic protagonist he is literally everything that the player does in freeroom while rampaging and messing with the game so it makes sense for his character to be that way

tommy has been doing the "represents the average GTA player" thing 11 years before trevor even existed. face it, trevor is just great value tommy. trevor is not that deep.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Niobium said:

trevor is not that deep

He doesn't have to be deep though

I don't want to know all of his past and cry with him I just want to fee like what he is doing doesn't feel out of character

Niobium
Just now, DR:BUSTA said:

He doesn't have to be deep though

i'm just saying his character has already been done before, and far better executed.

Just now, Niobium said:

i'm just saying his character has already been done before, and far better executed.

You probably don't understand Trevor's character he is no way near Tommy or even similar a bit to him or you don't understand Tommy