1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why I really hate Trevor Phillips

JaeDan 101

JaeDan 101

Trevor is my most hated character in the GTA Series.

He take a dump and he pee on the sidewalks

He always shout and yelling at people

On the mission "Fresh Meat", Trevor called Franklin "My N-Word!". WTF Really??? He will say "My N-Word!" in a black man? (im not being racist, i love Franklin)

And he punched someone FOR NO GODDAMN REASON!!!

He gets angry too quickly

He loves gasoline, he even drinks it, what a f*cking psycho

He eats food from trash cans

He always wear his trashy white T-Shirt

Anyway, im still a big fan of GTA 5. How about you? You also hate Trevor Phillips

• Like 2
  • KEKW 5
  • excuseme 3
  • Bruh 3

He was written to be like that. Psychotic, unstable, doing what he wants. Rendition of typical GTA player on a rampage. My favorite character of GTA V trio.

No offense, but judging by your other posts, I assume you're a young player.

Edited by Kubigz
  • Like 10
JaeDan 101
Just now, Kubigz said:

I assume you're a young player

im 20, don't judge me because these are my opinions

yeah, i really hate Trevor Phillips, but not all. I love his Red Mist abillity, i love his offroad car, i love where he lives, and i love his affiliations which is Ron and Wade, and i also liked his phone, its the best. Even if i hated him, i still play as him, but only like once every 4 weeks or once a month.

• YEE 1
  • Bruh 1
JaeDan 101

okay lets just don't mind that im just a goddamn asshole

i liked Trevor a bit, because he is so funny. And...because he is a good entrepreneur, his company, TP inc. is a good company. maybe you guys thought that i very hate Trevor, its no. I had some little likes on him.

• KEKW 3
ArthurFleck
22 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

On the mission "Fresh Meat", Trevor called Franklin "My N-Word!". WTF Really??? He will say "My N-Word!" in a black man? (im not being racist, i love Franklin)

And he punched someone FOR NO GODDAMN REASON!!!

And so what ? They call themself like that all the time, plus he literally say ''what's up my nigga'' in unused dialog, I do believe it's dialogue with ghetto gangsters but it could be random voice line, or quick offense in vehicles.
This sound file is still in files in trevor_1 or something so you listen for yourself, I don't like his personality but he is f*ckng hilerious.

23 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

What's wrong with that? Black people call themselves that word all the time. Somehow a white guy using it is bad? Yes you are being racist.

• Like 3
JaeDan 101
Just now, Yinepi said:

What's wrong with that? Black people call themselves that word all the time. Somehow a white guy using it is bad? Yes you are being racist.

sorry then

Just now, ArthurFleck said:

I don't like his personality but he is f*ckng hilerious.

i really don't like his personality. But i love his Red Mist, Canis Bodhi Truck, and his friends

• Like 1
Algonquin Assassin
20 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

There's only been one instance in the series where someone using the N word was used as a device of racism and that was Gerry in GTA IV. Every other time it's just used in a casual, street slang kind of way. Black or white.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway if this was a year or so ago I would've agreed, but I find Trevor has an odd, yet appealing charm I was oblivious to. He's just "different". Easily the most divisive protagonist in the series though.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 3
Retro_Causality

Trevor is a terrible character, but Franklin is also pretty much useless and really had no "point" in the story

GTA V should of just been about Michael..I been saying that since release

• Like 6
  • Bruh 1
universetwisters
On 12/14/2020 at 7:52 PM, JaeDan 101 said:

He take a dump and he pee on the sidewalks

tbh who hasnt these days 

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1
SonofLosSantos
On 12/15/2020 at 7:13 PM, Yinepi said:

thats.... that’s not how that works dude... but this isn’t really the topic for that.

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
JetNormalGuy
On 12/16/2020 at 5:48 AM, universetwisters said:

tbh who hasnt these days 

I can't... hold on... much longer! *sh*ts in his pants*

You take offence at Trevor using "N-Word" yet you conviently forget that there is a car in the game that can be roughly translated as the "N-Word". I am talking, of course, about the Benefactor Schwartzer.

SonofLosSantos
4 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

You take offence at Trevor using "N-Word" yet you conviently forget that there is a car in the game that can be roughly translated as the "N-Word". I am talking, of course, about the Benefactor Schwartzer.

How does that translate to the n word? Please tell me.

20 minutes ago, SonofLosSantos said:

How does that translate to the n word? Please tell me.

Schwartz means blacks in German. Add -er to it and it becomes dun-duh-duh-dun "Blacker". And it doesn't take a genius to figure out the correlation from there. It's Rockstar's classic wordplay. They couldn't actually call a car the N-word, so they used the German equivalent.

Edited by Yinepi
  • excuseme 1
billiejoearmstrong8

Trevor was being cheeky saying that, Franklin probably mentally rolled his eyes at what a dumbass comment it was but didn't take offense because he knew he was just typically trying to push buttons and being playfully offensive. Just a dumb white guy attempting to be funny and bond moment rather than any kind of hate. Trevor canonically hates racists, sexists and bigotry in general.

Acting like there's no difference between a white guy saying the n word (or referring to a black person literally as "n word") and a black guy saying it is just dishonest though, we know there's hundreds of years of history that makes it different. The point of that scene wasn't to say "white people and black people saying the n word is the same thing", the whole premise of it was that it's socially unacceptable for white people to say it and the only reason Trevor did is because he's a character who says outrageous things and pushes social boundaries all the time.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

There's only been one instance in the series where someone using the N word was used as a device of racism and that was Gerry in GTA IV. Every other time it's just used in a casual, street slang kind of way. Black or white.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway if this was a year or so ago I would've agreed, but I find Trevor has an odd, yet appealing charm I was oblivious to. He's just "different". Easily the most divisive protagonist in the series though.

I would say when Jimmy De Santa uses it it's not used with hate but it is used with ignorance. As the game goes on his stopping saying it while playing online games (along with deciding to stop using "gay" as an insult) is one way they show that he's becoming more mature.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1
SonofLosSantos
51 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

Schwartz means blacks in German. Add -er to it and it becomes dun-duh-duh-dun "Blacker". And it doesn't take a genius to figure out the correlation from there. It's Rockstar's classic wordplay. They couldn't actually call a car the N-word, so they used the German equivalent.

That’s really sh*tty and I had no idea. But to the other point, no white person that respects or cares about black people and their feelings would say any variation of the n word. To use it is either ignorance or lack of respect. The argument shouldn’t be “why can’t a white guy say it too”, it should be “why would a white person want to say such an ugly word at all?”

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8

Benefactor Schwartzer is just a reference to the real life equivalent Mercedes-Benz Black Series. Bit of a stretch to say there's a racial connotation.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Benefactor Schwartzer is just a reference to the real life equivalent Mercedes-Benz Black Series. Bit of a stretch to say there's a racial connotation.

Then why put the -er at the end when Schwartz would've been fine?

perennial
12 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

Then why put the -er at the end when Schwartz would've been fine?

Because Benefactor Schafter also has the -er suffix.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

Who cares its a videogame they can call each other whatever they want besides if Franklin (Solo) got offended he would have sued Trevor (Steven Ogg) and he would be in jail now

Making a topic about how you hate a character in a GTA video game and accusing him of racism is waay too fortnite for this forums.

• Like 4
Niobium

trevor sucks for a boatload of reasons. he's easily the whiniest, most hypocritical protagonist in the series and i always facepalm when people say it's niko. he is constantly bitching about how michael is a judas and how important loyalty is, when he has betrayed multiple people through the course of the game. he tortures the living f*ck out of a man right before preaching about how torture is bad. he always complains about how people are mean to him while bullying people weaker than him. this guy has mommy issues, as if i'm supposed to feel sorry for this idiot, but V fanboys say "oh he's so misunderstood!"

i've also noticed that his presence tends to weaken strong characters around him. he did it to johnny, who i have already stated multiple times that he is not only an actually well-written GTA protagonist, he is a strong, principled man and would never do half of the sh*t he did in GTA V. but nope, we better feed him to trevor to make him look crazy, character development be damned!. he did it to madrazo, who was introduced as a powerful threat and then got c*cked by trevor and had his ear ripped off. speaking of the c*ck storyline, wtf is with trevor falling in love with patricia? i mean why? was it because "LOL TREVUR FUNY XD"? why would patricia even fall in love with him?

i also hate how trevor is portrayed to be invincible (minus option A, of course). why does he survive the most dangerous, idiotic sh*t, like flying a smaller plane into a bigger one? because "TREVUR SO WACKY AND BADASS LUL"? why does trevor kidnap the wife of a powerful cartel leader and then just hand her back to him, no strings attached, while also c*cking him and ripping his ear off? why does trevor ride a train about to collide with another train, and then jump off a damn bridge? also why does trevor get to be the one to have the most overpowered special ability? i never liked any of the special abilities in V, but rage mode literally enables godmode for trevor. i mean how much plot armor does this f*cking prick have?

GTA V's storyline is already not that great with the FIB bitchwork and michael's annoying family, but trevor really drags it down. some people criticize V's story because everyone keeps yelling, screaming, and saying "FU*K YOU" to each other. while that is true, i find that trevor is one of the biggest offenders of this. constantly saying f*ck you to michael or anyone else is just annoying. the weird edgy sh*t like the cannibalism and the rape is just icing on the cake. it serves no other reason than to say "LUL TREVUR SO WACKY AND SILY AMIRITE?"

in short, he is the worst, most overrated video game character of all time and nothing can change my mind. a good voice actor and a few funny jokes aren't enough to save him from being my most hated character

Edited by Niobium
  • Like 7
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
ArthurFleck
1 hour ago, Niobium said:

trevor sucks for a boatload of reasons. he's easily the whiniest, most hypocritical protagonist in the series and i always facepalm when people say it's niko. he is constantly bitching about how michael is a judas and how important loyalty is, when he has betrayed multiple people through the course of the game. he tortures the living f*ck out of a man right before preaching about

etc

I also prefer niko and johnny over others, also trevor's plot armor is unbelieable, I mean every single f*ck in V's world know who he is and where he lives yet nobody kills a junkie hillbilly, for some reason FIB agent is scared of him, when in ''better call saul'' one small fat grandpa has turned him off with one right punch. 

On other hand he play his role very well, his opposite of political corectness is stunning, and with all that scumbagery he moving right into Something sensible ending, which is cannonical for me, no matter how messed up sh*tty Online tryhard change that opinion. 

• Like 6
ArthurFleck
7 hours ago, SonofLosSantos said:

That’s really sh*tty and I had no idea. But to the other point, no white person that respects or cares about black people and their feelings would say any variation of the n word. To use it is either ignorance or lack of respect. The argument shouldn’t be “why can’t a white guy say it too”, it should be “why would a white person want to say such an ugly word at all?”

When blacks using it as slang non offensive word why should be white or asian person called racist or agresor for saying nigga ? If is that offensive than why they can using it but others are persecuded for that ? So let's say there are offensive words, than dont use it, I never seen nor in real life or gta universe say a white guy using ni**er apart from Gerald, yet Vance call local yokels white trash. That's fine ? So neither don't use any of those words, and for every race and gender, or use it freely for anyone, otherwise you all just hypocrites and actual racists, I had asian, black friends, also random black and asian people to speak to about world, in fact I had even sex with ''all kind of women favors'' and many of my friends are gays, yet I don't tolerate this anti white propaganda you making aspecially this god damned year, so all I saying is you can using it, I can too, if is offensive stop being unpolite and others will follow.  And just to be clear, I don't care any gender or skin, because most of humans are awful no matter of skin or genitalias.  

SonofLosSantos
52 minutes ago, ArthurFleck said:

When blacks using it as slang non offensive word why should be white or asian person called racist or agresor for saying nigga ? If is that offensive than why they can using it but others are persecuded for that ? So let's say there are offensive words, than dont use it, I never seen nor in real life or gta universe say a white guy using ni**er apart from Gerald, yet Vance call local yokels white trash. That's fine ? So neither don't use any of those words, and for every race and gender, or use it freely for anyone, otherwise you all just hypocrites and actual racists, I had asian, black friends, also random black and asian people to speak to about world, in fact I had even sex with ''all kind of women favors'' and many of my friends are gays, yet I don't tolerate this anti white propaganda you making aspecially this god damned year, so all I saying is you can using it, I can too, if is offensive stop being unpolite and others will follow.  And just to be clear, I don't care any gender or skin, because most of humans are awful no matter of skin or genitalias.  

That’s an incredibly sh*tty take and you didn’t do anything but prove my point. All you’re talking about is “I”. 

the only explanation as to why people who aren’t black shouldn’t say that word is clear as day and you arguing against that shows your stance. And I’m not sure where the “anti white” narrative came from but I’ll let you in on a little secret. Having friends of different races and having sex will different races of women isn’t relevant to the point of not saying the n word. That’s not even what the topic of the thread was about in the first place. 

let me break it down like this... if you have women in your life that you love and respect, you wouldn’t refer to them as bitches, whores and cunts would you? Of course you COULD but would it be respectful if you did? Absolutely not. So if you care about black people and respect them, why would you want to say that word? Give me one reason why, please.

im almost certain you’re older than me and I shouldn’t have to school you on common courtesy and racial epithets, especially on a video game forum but here we are.

Edited by SonofLosSantos
  • Like 1