1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why i don't like TLAD

JaeDan 101

15 hours ago, Kiss My Fart said:

Noticed that johnny wasn't really tough

it depends in the player. Because the player is the one who controlls Johnny.

Edited by JaeDan 101
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Why is this a con exactly? 

With Niko and Luis the slightest bump on a bike sends them flying sky high which yeah can be hilarious at times, but it can also be annoying.

Seeing that in TLAD riding a bike is required 99% of the time I think it was imperative that R* made it harder for Johnny to fall off. Not impossible of course, but at least I don’t have to worry about being launched into the stratosphere from hitting a fire hydrant.

That's what made me ask if he got his pros/cons confused

Not unless he's a sadist and loves making life harder for himself idk

On 12/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, universetwisters said:

That's what made me ask if he got his pros/cons confused

Not unless he's a sadist and loves making life harder for himself idk

Easy just play the game and get the pros and cons

14 hours ago, AIcatraz said:

This is a warzone compared to my TBOGT version of this.. 

TLAD haters are just plain sh*tty while TBOGT critics are more civil.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

56 minutes ago, Niobium said:

TLAD haters are just plain sh*tty while TBOGT critics are more civil.

Idk man I think I had some p solid arguments before you blocked me for not liking Johnny

Not gonna lie. I'm getting tired of the same arguments over and over. We desperately need a new game to sh*t on. Can't wait to create "Why I hate GTA VI" myself. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Can't wait to create "Why I hate GTA VI" myself. 

That is if GTA VI ever happens.

You should create a topic about hating GTA Online instead, since that game refuses to die out.

Edited by Fake Lilina

58 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Not gonna lie. I'm getting tired of the same arguments over and over. We desperately need a new game to sh*t on. Can't wait to create "Why I hate GTA VI" myself. 

Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be filling that void nicely.😛

• Like 4

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

14 hours ago, Fake Lilina said:

That is if GTA VI ever happens.

You should create a topic about hating GTA Online instead, since that game refuses to die out.

Yep, argue about gta o not GTA IV/eflc

• Like 2

On 12/24/2020 at 6:29 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

It’s popular among the hardcore GTA IV fanbase.

Infact I don’t know anyone who’s a fan of GTA IV who isn’t also a fan of TLAD and vice versa. TBOGT though? Completely mixed bag depending on who’s who.

As it’s been said so many times TLAD fits with GTA IV so much better. I do like TBOGT, but it’s like one of those third movies in a franchise that’s not really necessary and only exists for fan service.

Put it like this GTA IV and TLAD are The Godfather and The Godfather Part II of the trinity and TBOGT is The Godfather Part III.

Makes sense, GTA IV and TLAD are very similiar in terms of tone and have a more serious story compared to TBOGT and the rest of the franchise. 

I like TBOGT but I think they should have handled the tone better. It makes sense that it's not as dark as IV and TLAD but they went too far and everything seemed like a joke. It was basically a teaser of GTA V but at least with it its a whole new chapter for the franchise, TBOGT kind took away from the established tone and even the returning characters seemed sillier (see Bulgarin).

• Like 5

On 12/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, universetwisters said:

Let’s not forget that Johnny’s quite a hypocrite; he preaches loyalty and gives Brian sh*t for being a backstabber, yet he takes Ray’s money during the museum mission for himself

That makes him flawed and interesting, not a bad character. He is way better than Luis who barely had any sort of character moments at all. He was really bland, alongside Franklin the weakest HD Era protagonist 

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 2

John is a bad guy, just like many other Gta characters, but him betraying Ray is one of the obvious things he did considering he f*cked himself and the gang with it.

2 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

That makes him flawed and interesting, not a bad character. He is way better than Luis who barely had any sort of character moments at all. He was really bland, alongside Franklin the weakest HD Era protagonist 

I mean yea it’s interesting to have a protagonist to turn on an employer out of their own volition but don’t be going WAH WAH JOHNNY DIDNT DESERVE GETTING HIS HEAD SMASHED BY A METH ADDICT

Also reminder that niobium blocked me for not liking Johnny 

1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

I mean yea it’s interesting to have a protagonist to turn on an employer out of their own volition but don’t be going WAH WAH JOHNNY DIDNT DESERVE GETTING HIS HEAD SMASHED BY A METH ADDICT

I don't think any GTA protagonist deserves that even though they are all terrible people. Its just not satisfying and not how protagonists should be treated (we invested lots of time in their stories).  But to each their own

7 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

I don't think any GTA protagonist deserves that even though they are all terrible people. Its just not satisfying and not how protagonists should be treated (we invested lots of time in their stories).  But to each their own

I do think Johnny could’ve been a proper antagonist and had a few missions but I don’t see why he shouldn’t have been stomped to death. He betrayed Ray despite Ray helping him find Brian and he got rewarded as a traitor deserves

14 hours ago, universetwisters said:

nope, i blocked your ass because you were making passive aggressive memes mocking TLAD fans. the only reason i was able to see this post is because GTAF doesn't seem to hide posts made by ignored users if they are quoted by other people.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Niobium said:

nope, i blocked your ass because you were making passive aggressive memes mocking TLAD fans. the only reason i was able to see this post is because GTAF doesn't seem to hide posts made by ignored users if they are quoted by other people.

>2020

>getting offended by memes

You do know you’re not supposed to take those seriously, right?

billiejoearmstrong8
47 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

>2020

>getting offended by memes

You do know you’re not supposed to take those seriously, right?

Maybe he just found them tiresome though? Continually complaining about you posting them would be annoying but just blocking someone whose posts you don't care to see shouldn't be a problem imo, you know you troll him and if he can't be bothered with it that's his choice. I don't disagree with you about Johnny or TLAD but harping on about being blocked isn't much better than harping on about Johnny's death being unfair.

This thread is meant to be a discussion about TLAD, making it personal just derails any discussion about it. 

54 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Maybe he just found them tiresome though? Continually complaining about you posting them would be annoying but just blocking someone whose posts you don't care to see shouldn't be a problem imo, you know you troll him and if he can't be bothered with it that's his choice. I don't disagree with you about Johnny or TLAD but harping on about being blocked isn't much better than harping on about Johnny's death being unfair.

This thread is meant to be a discussion about TLAD, making it personal just derails any discussion about it. 

But even then, why start discussions praising Johnny/sh*tting on Trevor and replying with WAAH YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND when someone posts a counter argument? Idk some people are just dumb and we’re repeating from the unpopular opinion thread last night

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

billiejoearmstrong8
57 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

But even then, why start discussions praising Johnny/sh*tting on Trevor and replying with WAAH YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND when someone posts a counter argument? Idk some people are just dumb and we’re repeating from the unpopular opinion thread last night

I'm not a mod here obviously but if I was I'd just advise you both to block each other if you find each other's posts annoying 😛. But anyway I won't continue this cuz it's probably annoying for everyone to have to scroll through. 

Another thing I don’t like about TLAD is how some cars like the flatbed yankee and the Regina never spawn in traffic, same with the Tampa from the opening cutscene

Like damn the Tampa was the biggest tease until it was in TBOGT, completely feeling out of place

I wish Gang Wars could've been more rewarding and meaningful and less random/buggy.

There could've been a turfing/influence system where parts of the city are more dangerous to ride through since they're controlled by enemy gangs, and doing gang wars would change it.

Edited by Gummy 

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair the story did feel a bit undercooked in TLAD, as a chopper/cruiser-bike fan I never got into the Lost or Johnny that much (who is imo better than Trevor but still around the middle of my protagonist ranking). I appreciate that the story has a dark aura like base IV, but I couldn't get into it that much knowing that Johnny kidnapped Roman and that the Lost were usually cannon fodder in GTA IV. The way they took a turn to be weaklings and prospects in design compared to the rednecks we saw in IV was also weird. 

Nonetheless, I'm glad it brought a great share of new vehicles and weapons in to the game. Content-wise I prefer TLAD over TBOGT mostly because of a wider selection of bikes, story-wise they both are "okay" to me, but not impressive. Both also exaggerated the atmospheres but I think it was intentional. I'm not a huge fan of piss-yellow and candy-pink filters at all. Makes me wish we'd have gotten different DLCs, like one centered around the Russian Mafia and one around the Irish Mob.

In short, both DLCs are fine, they're DLCs for a reason, but I'm not such a huge fan of them as of GTA IV. Sure, gameplay-wise they are nearly the same game, but I prefer GTA3 or Chinatown Wars over EFLC, despite IV being my favorite. If they were full games, not DLCs but retained the story elements and atmosphere that they have, I'm not exactly sure how I'd rate them. Sorry guys.

Edited by Jeansowaty
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, universetwisters said:

if a TLAD fan disagrees with your opinion on their game, either they’ll block you or resort to personal attacks

Goddamn, why won't those people just simply disagree instead of blocking you and attacking you, that's not nice

note: i'm not here to fight, so, peace

This topic is too funny

Some pretty poor reasons to dislike the game 

It's a game from 2009 it's obviously going to age in time & yes everybody has their own opinions on things , but what did you expect .

Just now, jaljax said:

This topic is too funny

Some pretty poor reasons to dislike the game 

It's a game from 2009 it's obviously going to age in time & yes everybody has their own opinions on things , but what did you expect .

Bruh, read this topic properly

On 12/30/2020 at 1:36 AM, universetwisters said:

@Niobium really likes Johnny, i don't know why he didn't just simply ignore @universetwisters for not liking Johnny

universetwisters
16 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

@Niobium really likes Johnny, i don't know why he didn't just simply ignore @universetwisters for not liking Johnny

People just don’t wanna wanna hear the truth about the character they simp for I guess