1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why i don't like TLAD

JaeDan 101

Algonquin Assassin
On 12/23/2020 at 5:36 AM, FanEu7 said:

TLAD is awesome, never understood why it was so unpopular compared to TBOGT

It’s popular among the hardcore GTA IV fanbase.

Infact I don’t know anyone who’s a fan of GTA IV who isn’t also a fan of TLAD and vice versa. TBOGT though? Completely mixed bag depending on who’s who.

As it’s been said so many times TLAD fits with GTA IV so much better. I do like TBOGT, but it’s like one of those third movies in a franchise that’s not really necessary and only exists for fan service.

Put it like this GTA IV and TLAD are The Godfather and The Godfather Part II of the trinity and TBOGT is The Godfather Part III.

• Like 6
JaeDan 101

jeez

there's a fight going on here

• Like 1
BOSSSSS-GG
4 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

jeez

there's a fight going on here

Lmao, yes fight.

But GTA IV, TLAD, TBOGT all are good/best 

• Like 3
JaeDan 101
Just now, BOSSSSS-GG said:

But GTA IV, TLAD, TBOGT all are good/best 

your right

• Like 1
Fake Lilina
2 hours ago, BOSSSSS-GG said:

Lmao, everyone fighting

I'm not. :D

Edited by Fake Lilina
  • Like 1
universetwisters

TIL if a TLAD fan disagrees with your opinion on their game, either they’ll block you or resort to personal attacks

Niobium
8 hours ago, BOSSSSS-GG said:

Lmao, everyone fighting

it's to be expected when a couple of trolls post witty gifs trashing on this game in front of hardcore fans.

universetwisters
14 minutes ago, Niobium said:

it's to be expected when a couple of trolls post witty gifs trashing on this game in front of hardcore fans.

I gave y’all legit arguments and got nothing but personal attacks!?!?!?!

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
TheSantader25

TLAD is alright for a DLC. But it has some problems:

- sh*tty color palette

- sh*tty bike handling

- sh*tty protagonist

- sh*tty gang 

Other than these it's a fun experience with some fun missions. Luckily R* learnt from these mistakes and literally "obliterated" these mistakes in Grand Theft Auto V. I don't think we're gonna see these mistakes ever again. That's how good it was taken care of. 

8.5/10 would play again. It really makes you FEEL like a homeless biker. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 2
StuntMaster100
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

TLAD is alright for a DLC. But it has some problems:

- sh*tty color palette

- sh*tty bike handling

- sh*tty protagonist

- sh*tty gang 

Other than these it's a fun experience with some fun missions 9/10 would play again. Luckily R* learnt from these mistakes and literally "obliterated" these mistakes in Grand Theft Auto V. Like I don't think we're gonna see these mistakes again. That's how good it was taken care of. 

Why do you think Johnny is a sh*tty protagonist? And what's sh*tty about the game?

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Why do you think Johnny is a sh*tty protagonist? And what's sh*tty about the game?

He's a biker. 

universetwisters

Let’s not forget that Johnny’s quite a hypocrite; he preaches loyalty and gives Brian sh*t for being a backstabber, yet he takes Ray’s money during the museum mission for himself

• Like 2

That part is the start of John losing his mind, the way i see it. Ray paid a lot of money to Niko, he probably paid some to Ash, too. Then John randomly betrays him out of nowhere even though he was warned not to be too clever.

This guy helped you get Brian, the lost is falling apart and you’re betraying a mafia member who’d most likely be your ally in the future. 

Well, while I don’t like his death, sometimes i see how he turned into a coward in Gta V.

• Like 2
iiCriminnaaL
On 12/22/2020 at 10:37 PM, universetwisters said:

I can explain but shame you can't see it because you blocked me for having a differing opinion RIP

It's sh*t (at least to me) because it's just a depression fest. You're sitting there playing the dumb game watching your club fall apart and there's nothing you can do about it, nor is there anything Johnny chooses to do about because he's a complete pushover and simp for Ashley. And the few times he does make an impact on IV's trillogy (showing up with the drugs to the bust and stealing Ray's money), it's immediately glossed over. He doesn't change the criminal hierarchy in the city, unless you consider one greasy biker gang going down a change. Couple with the fact that the gang warfare gets incredibly repetitive, all the clubhouse games and television shows are unwatchable after beating the game, the yellow piss filter, and the fact that you're constantly relegated to a sh*tty heavy bike that corners like my dead grandma when it'd at least be interesting to have some kind of bike customization or being able to choose which bike you use during missions, it's no wonder TLAD is, quite literally, the overlooked middle child and for good reason too.

I respect your opinions of why you don't like the game, but I disagree for many reasons.

You mightn't be a big fan of that, but it's supposed to be depressing, as it's the nature of the story and direction it's going for (deeper into GTA IV's direction). The club was falling apart, but Johnny still worked with Elizabeta and Boccino to make some money (the drugs and the diamonds). Not to mention that he dealt with Brian's betrayal and the civil war (even though it cost so much blood and power). Ripping off Ray wasn't a wise decision, I give you that, but he still did something nonetheless.

As for Ashley, as important as her role in the story is, it was still a small part of it. The Lost MC didn't change the criminal hierarchy that much more in the city even before the events of the game anyway, nor did even the more powerful, rival motorcycle club that is the Angels of Death, as it's mostly the mob families who do, but at least it had a slice in the heroin, cocaine and diamonds sub-plots.

Gang warfare can get repetitive, just like any other side-mission in every GTA title anyway. But if you ask me, I'd say it's one of the most diverse actually; three different types, and so many different locations and rival gangs. Not to mention that enemies get more powerful the more rounds you pass, and so do your gang mates as long as they're alive (especially Jim, Terry and Clay, as the other bikers hardly last too long).

I agree about the clubhouse games and television, and it's one of my gripes about the game. I believe it would've been far better if they kept it accessible after the story for the sake of gameplay value. The yellow filter fits the story and tone of the game so much, but I can't deny that it gets frustrating to the eyes after not too long, as GTA IV's filters were just (more than to many people as well) enough. As for bikes, in my opinion the episodic bikes handle somewhat better than GTA IV's default bikes, but I can see what you mean due to the fact that you have to pick bikes for most of the time anyway. Not letting us to choose the bike we want during the story is also a missed opportunity, I agree. Bike customization is a missed opportunity too, but personally I don't mind its absence at all, as I'm not very fond of it even for cars.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
  • Like 3
universetwisters
6 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

I respect your opinions of why you don't like the game, but I disagree for many reasons.

You mightn't be a big fan of that, but it's supposed to be depressing, as it's the nature of the story and direction it's going for (deeper into GTA IV's direction). The club was falling apart, but Johnny still worked with Elizabeta and Boccino to make some money (the drugs and the diamonds). Not to mention that he dealt with Brian's betrayal and the civil war (even though it cost so much blood and power). Ripping off Ray wasn't a wise decision, I give you that, but he still did something nonetheless. As for Ashley, as important as her role in the story is, it was still a small part of it. The Lost MC didn't change the criminal hierarchy that much more in the city even before the events of the game anyway, nor did even the more powerful, rival motorcycle club that is the Angels of Death, as it's mostly the mob families who do, but at least it had a slice in the heroin, cocaine and diamonds sub-plots. Gang warfare can get repetitive, just like any other side-mission in every GTA title anyway. But if you ask me, I'd say it's one of the most diverse actually; three different types, and so many different locations and rival gangs. Not to mention that enemies get more powerful the more rounds you pass, and so do your gang mates as long as they're alive (especially Jim, Terry and Clay, as the other bikers hardly last too long). I agree about the clubhouse games and television, and it's one of my gripes about the game. I believe it would've been far better if they kept it accessible after the story for the sake of gameplay value. The yellow filter fits the story and tone of the game so much, but I can't deny that it gets frustrating to the eyes after not too long, as GTA IV's filters were just (more than to many people as well) enough. As for bikes, in my opinion the episodic bikes handle somewhat better than GTA IV's default bikes, but I can see what you mean due to the fact that you have to pick bikes for most of the time anyway. Not letting us to choose the bike we want during the story is also a missed opportunity, I agree. Bike customization is a missed opportunity too, but personally I don't mind its absence at all, as I'm not very fond of it even for cars.

Unagree but thanks for putting effort into your post instead of just insulting me for having a differing opinion

• Like 2
JaeDan 101
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

- sh*tty protagonist

- sh*tty gang 

the protagonist is okay to me, he is cool, and he helps Niko Bellic. I  can't remember what mission that was

why is The Lost MC is sh*tty? Its a fantastic biker gang.

Anyway Merry Christmas to you all. Im waiting 12AM here in America

• Like 2
JaeDan 101

4 hours ago, ViceKing said:

i don't like that johnny can't change his clothes

He can't change clothes, because the black leather jacket is the uniform of The Lost MC

Niobium
2 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

the protagonist is okay to me, he is cool, and he helps Niko Bellic. I  can't remember what mission that was

why is The Lost MC is sh*tty? Its a fantastic biker gang.

Anyway Merry Christmas to you all. Im waiting 12AM here in America

because he has an irrational hatred of bikers

Kiss My Fart

Noticed that johnny wasn't really tough, i mean when he tried to kill billy at prison he almost scared,doubt,and almost can't pulled the gun, while trevor could kill everyone without hesitate and doubt 😀

Edited by Kiss My Fart
billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Kiss My Fart said:

Noticed that johnny wasn't really tough, i mean when he tried to kill billy at prison he almost scared,doubt,and almost can't pulled the gun, while trevor could kill everyone without hesitate and doubt 😀

Trevor has his weaknesses too, don't forget him finishing his final bonus mission by collapsing to the floor and crying in the fetal position. And he certainly hesitates to kill Michael. When protagonists are just one dimensional tough guys or supermen with no flaws they're not as interesting. I'd say both Johnny and Trevor are pretty tough but also have weaknesses, as any well written nuanced characters should.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
universetwisters
11 hours ago, Niobium said:

because he has an irrational hatred of bikers

Probably because they’re aimless and have no real direction compared to the AoD but hey I wish you unblocked me so we can debate this because blocking me just for having a different opinion sounds like you severely lack principles!?!?!?

• Like 1

Wouldn’t say they’re aimless. They give the finger to some people and they earn money by committing crimes. Then stuff goes to sh*t when Bill tries to kill John.

Actually stuff goes to sh*t when John gets too clever. He and the Lost could have kept working for him. Earn big money, get better and leave the war behind...

Edited by Payne
The second paragraph
universetwisters
38 minutes ago, Payne said:

Wouldn’t say they’re aimless. They give the finger to some people and they earn money by committing crimes.

Yea but even then, they aren't really committing crimes to better themselves or anything. It's not like they particularly want to move out of their sh*tty clubhouse or expand their operations beyond mostly dealing drugs and being muscle for other gangs. And when they finally do get the chance from Ray to better themselves, Johnny's like "lol f*ck you I'm gonna burn bridges and steal your money".

The AoD are a big international syndicate. Love them or hate them, they have goals beyond riding bikes around and acting tough

• Like 1

I guess they didn’t move out because they liked it. Also it was kinda up to Bill and John, right. I liked the place, seemed they didn’t care about having a cleaner and newer place considering they could afford many bikes but John still kept sleeping on that old bed.

And wasn’t Terry dealings guns?

BOSSSSS-GG

I'll say pros of TLAD:

you crash your bike you'll not fall, if you fall you'll not die like Niko and Luis.

You have an ass-destroyer sawn-off and a sweeper shotgun.

Superbikes and more choppers which are drivable.

And last it's the dark story of Biker so don't complain that this sh*t, that sh*t is bad like the color filter( or change the timecyc)

Edited by BOSSSSS-GG
  • Like 3
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

Yea but even then, they aren't really committing crimes to better themselves or anything. It's not like they particularly want to move out of their sh*tty clubhouse or expand their operations beyond mostly dealing drugs and being muscle for other gangs. And when they finally do get the chance from Ray to better themselves, Johnny's like "lol f*ck you I'm gonna burn bridges and steal your money".

The AoD are a big international syndicate. Love them or hate them, they have goals beyond riding bikes around and acting tough

I think they just aim to maintain their chosen lifestyle, to live "freely" in the biker way of life. It isn't having no direction, it's just a different direction (as opposed to the directions of say getting out of the life of crime or living extravagantly/flashily). AoD might have bigger goals but they're not exactly noble ones.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
universetwisters
1 minute ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I think they just aim to maintain their chosen lifestyle, to live "freely" in the biker way of life. It isn't having no direction, it's just a different direction (as opposed to the directions of say getting out of the life of crime or living extravagantly/flashily). AoD might have bigger goals but they're not exactly noble ones.

I guess that makes sense to be some proto vagabonds. I still kinda think that's a bit unambitious but that's just me. If you wanna stagnate that's fine but don't call it progress nawhimean. I like to imagine they're like Lamar or Aunt Denise in to Franklin in V whenever Franklin leaves the ghetto. "How dare you invoke our tall poppy syndrome etc etc"

11 minutes ago, BOSSSSS-GG said:

I'll say cons of TLAD...

You got "pros" and "cons" mixed up unless you actually hate those things

BOSSSSS-GG
On 12/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, universetwisters said:

I guess that makes sense to be some proto vagabonds. I still kinda think that's a bit unambitious but that's just me. If you wanna stagnate that's fine but don't call it progress nawhimean. I like to imagine they're like Lamar or Aunt Denise in to Franklin in V whenever Franklin leaves the ghetto. "How dare you invoke our tall poppy syndrome etc etc"

You got "pros" and "cons" mixed up unless you actually hate those things

Nah those are pros you food

Edited by BOSSSSS-GG
  • Like 1