3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why i don't like TLAD

JaeDan 101

I hate GTA IV: TLAD because of its graphics. The game atmosphere is not that sunny.

Johnny's phone is a piece of trash.

The handling of the bikes is poor.

The gang mates attack you for no goddamn reason.

The missions is bullsh*t, only Gang Warfare is only interesting.

these are my oppinion so don't debate me

Each to their own, but let me state my opinions about the reasons you don't like the game:

17 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

The game atmosphere is not that sunny.

I get your point, but I'd say it's actually rather too sunny. I really like the atmosphere of the game, but the color filters? Not much. They differentiate the "visual" atmosphere from the main game in an appropriate way regarding the story, but it gets frustrating eventually. The gameplay's style (safehouses, story missions, side-missions, etc) make it feel unique already anyway. Less saturation might've been a better execution than the dirtily grimy/extremely hot atmosphere.

Johnny's phone is a piece of trash.

Personally, I wouldn't care what type of phone he picks at all. Not even if it was just Niko's phone again.

The handling of the bikes is poor.

I can't determine your opinion regarding the handlings of the bikes in the main game, but most players (including me) agree that The Lost and Damned's bikes handle at least as good as the main game's bikes, and even better to many players.

The gang mates attack you for no goddamn reason.

I haven't experienced this before, and I don't think that it's possible in the regular game. Unless you're referring to the bikers taking part in the clubhouse's mini-games, in which they aren't scripted to behave the same way the regular members do for some reason. But they still only attack you if you harass them.

The missions is bullsh*t, only Gang Warfare is only interesting.

I extremely disagree here, as I don't see the story missions to be much different from the Gang Warfare side-mission in general. In fact, this is one of the reasons I adore the Gang Warfare side-mission for, in which it makes me feel like I'm playing a story mission to some extent.

anyway, imma play TLAD later, maybe ill change my mind

• Like 3

Tlad has best mission, best sport bikes, more details of lost MC vs Angel of death.

BTW the whole GTA IV is best in terms of story.

• Like 2

okay, i changed my mind

TLAD is cool

i can call Terry for help ANYTIME. Its cool

the arm wrestling is fun, i played for about an hour

the DLC vehicles is goddamn cool, mostly the Slamvan and the Hexer. Those are my favourites.

now, my only problem is the game atmosphere and the game filtering. The graphics is a too oldish style. And the game atmosphere is not normal. It looked like that I am in a zombie apocalypse.

this is the game filtering that I hate:

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - The Lost and Damned - Cheats: Health, Armour, Weapons

you noticed that the game graphics in the picture is too old and you can also see that Johnny's bike in the picture has a little blur

StuntMaster100
22 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

im taking a break at V. Im at IV this time

Use a mod to get rid of the yellow filter

You can replace the timecyc.dat file if you play it on PC. Just copy GTA IV's one and paste it over TLAD's one to overwrite it (or you can download mods, such as CleanIV for example).

billiejoearmstrong8

@JaeDan 101 Just want to say I enjoy reading your honest and open minded reactions to the different games as you play them. Good stuff!

TWIST_OF_HATE

I'm also not a fan of TLAD

TBOGT is way more enjoyable for me

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

10 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

@JaeDan 101 Just want to say I enjoy reading your honest and open minded reactions to the different games as you play them. Good stuff!

thanks

• Bruh 2

universetwisters

Honestly I liked TLAD but the fanbase really turns me off now since they all blindly suck Johnny’s dick like wtf lol

Also the piss filter is really annoying. Idk if it’s just me getting older or what but it really pissed me off my last playthrough

StuntMaster100
7 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Honestly I liked TLAD but the fanbase really turns me off now since they all blindly suck Johnny’s dick like wtf lol

Also the piss filter is really annoying. Idk if it’s just me getting older or what but it really pissed me off my last playthrough

Good thing you can remove it on the pc . It's there to make the atmosphere 'gritty' but it just makes the city look weird.

universetwisters
6 minutes ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Good thing you can remove it on the pc . It's there to make the atmosphere 'gritty' but it just makes the city look weird.

Kinda hard to do on a console there chief 

The only thing I hate about TLAD is that it’s a quarter of what GTA IV is but I understand that it’s just a DLC, wouldn’t mind waiting another year for it to be fleshed out into a longer story with more missions but maybe it would end up with more pointless filler missions so it would probably be better  as it is. Still I love TLAD just wish it had a longer story. Hell we could’ve had more of Jason Michaels who in death ends up one of the most important characters in terms of Billy’s manipulation and the downfall of The Lost MC.

Edited by Uncle-John

31 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Used to hate it, now I kinda like it. But it looks much better on PC, than on console, this I am sure.

Edited by Kubigz

2 hours ago, universetwisters said:

You mean just Niobium? :D

On 12/12/2020 at 8:50 AM, JaeDan 101 said:

okay, i changed my mind

TLAD is cool

i can call Terry for help ANYTIME. Its cool

the arm wrestling is fun, i played for about an hour

the DLC vehicles is goddamn cool, mostly the Slamvan and the Hexer. Those are my favourites.

now, my only problem is the game atmosphere and the game filtering. The graphics is a too oldish style. And the game atmosphere is not normal. It looked like that I am in a zombie apocalypse.

Doesnt Get it Data memes | quickmeme

• Like 1

3 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Is the TLAD fanbase noticeable at all, though? Probably smaller than GTA III's fanbase 😜 (unfortunately).

3 hours ago, universetwisters said:

While I'm not a big fan of it, it still doesn't annoy me that much personally, but I can totally understand that. Extra Sunny and Sunny weathers are already brownish in the main game, now they're even more brown to somewhat orange filtered here. Windy and Cloudy weathers look so greenish for most of the time, giving them a dirtily grimy vibe that gets frustrating after not too long.

While the game can be dark (due to grain film which is used in games like Left 4 Dead and such), i dont think its much of a problem as it doesnt affect the gameplay too much, While i do agree on the missions (oh my god i hate that airport mission where u have to blow up Stubbs' uncle), i do not agree on the gang wars being that great, theyre kinda boring and repetitive, and building up toughness on your guys just to have them killed in vain is not very fun, now is it? i could care less about Johnny's phone, but i really like the wallpaper

Another thing i'd like to mention is the fact that you said your mates attacked you, i dont think thats very normal, maybe ur in the AOD turf or something, but as Criminal said, they might attack if you harass them too much (kinda like Cesar in GTA:SA), All that aside, it is your opinion and i respect it 100%.

MiamiViceCity1986
5 hours ago, B Dawg said:

You mean just Niobium? :D

Shawn Michaels GIFs | Tenor

I'm sure he can relate.

Anyway the only thing I somewhat dislike about TLAD is in free roam the AOD are barely a threat. There seems to be a bit of disconnect in the story where they're sworn enemies, but in free roam they don't really act aggressive towards Johnny atleast in the same manner as 3D era gangs did. Before I played TLAD I thought I would have to watch my back for that reason, but it's not really the case. That is my only gripe though.

Other than that it's a fantastic game. Short, but sweet.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

On 12/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, AIcatraz said:

i do not agree on the gang wars being that great, theyre kinda boring and repetitive

go play Drug Wars in TBOGT, they'r fun than Gang Wars

On 12/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, AIcatraz said:

Another thing i'd like to mention is the fact that you said your mates attacked you, i dont think thats very normal

i bumped them accidentaly then they punched me in the face, and shot me in the chest

Edited by JaeDan 101
  • Like 2

billiejoearmstrong8
19 hours ago, AIcatraz said:

While the game can be dark (due to grain film which is used in games like Left 4 Dead and such), i dont think its much of a problem as it doesnt affect the gameplay too much, While i do agree on the missions (oh my god i hate that airport mission where u have to blow up Stubbs' uncle), i do not agree on the gang wars being that great, theyre kinda boring and repetitive, and building up toughness on your guys just to have them killed in vain is not very fun, now is it? i could care less about Johnny's phone, but i really like the wallpaper

Another thing i'd like to mention is the fact that you said your mates attacked you, i dont think thats very normal, maybe ur in the AOD turf or something, but as Criminal said, they might attack if you harass them too much (kinda like Cesar in GTA:SA), All that aside, it is your opinion and i respect it 100%.

Oh I love the gang wars, there's three different kinds in a wide variety of different locations, and they're much more challenging than the average mission/shootout once you get over 50 or so since the enemies have extremely powerful weapons (including grenades), strong armour and will come for you relentlessly.

Also you don't fail them for silly reasons, only if you die, there's a freak accident where your gang mates die on the way there before it starts (which is very rare), or if you lose the vehicle in the vehicle chasing one. Once you've arrived it doesn't matter if your gang mates die (I don't care about them at all, I'll throw a pipe bomb in the middle of them if it takes out some enemies with them lol), and if it's not the vehicle chasing one you're allowed to travel as far away from the fight as you want to get health/weapons etc and come back. So for me the ones in a static location in particular are really fun because you can approach them different ways each time and have different strategies, maybe going in all guns blazing, maybe finding a good longer range spot on a nearby roof etc, maybe running away and letting them chase you across town, maybe swimming across the water and sniping them from the other side while they try to follow you lol, maybe sometimes the cops will get involved and it'll become a three way fight...they're just really variable and cool.

It's just like having an endless supply of nice challenging shootout missions. I can't think of any other infinite GTA side mission that feels as close to real missions as them (besides the similar drug wars in TBOGT), I'm really impressed with how well designed they are. Literally the only thing I do when I play TLAD after 100%ing it.

I don't mind the grainy filter. I like that IV, TLAD and TBOGT each have a different filter/look like that, they're all fitting for each game and I enjoy the variation.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

billiejoearmstrong8

posted by accident

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

On 12/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, universetwisters said:

Also the piss filter is really annoying.

i kinda dig it though

universetwisters
42 minutes ago, DownInThePMs said:

i kinda dig it though

Ewww!!!! Pee fetish man

Why Would You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave? | Know Your Meme

clearly the weakest part of IV trilogy, if not whole series