How to Grind Naturalist Role Efficiently?

Lady Petrichor

Lady Petrichor

The naturalist role has been a pain in the behind to level for me. The main way I have been earning XP in it is by going around and taking samples from animals, particularly large or legendary animals since Harriet pays more for those samples. 

Problem is that the animal reviver tonics are flipping expensive. When I go to Harriet (easily now my least favorite NPC in the game on account of her spraying me, more on that in a sec) it costs me around $100 each time. My best option would be to buy the reviver tonic recipe, but that is also flipping expensive, even with the discount going on right now. I would grind bounties for the money, but recently the higher-paying ones require me to capture multiple targets, which I just can't do because the bounty wagon is—you guessed it—flipping expensive. 

I just want to get the Naturalist grind over with as soon as possible. Harriet is a pain to deal with, as she sprayed me after I sampled the legendary alligator near Lagras—only because I had to kill 5 normal alligators so that I would be able to get the sample in the first place. They kept killing me and it was the only way to get the sample. I suppose she would rather I get mauled and eaten to "complete the cycle" and blah blah blah. 

So how can I grind this role efficiently? The sooner I get this done, the sooner I won't have to deal with her. 

Sedate mainly small animals, less ammo to take them down and they go down quicker. 

Do legendary hunts for samples when available. 

Sell samples. 

I suppose you can do some poacher missions to mix things up a little but your time would probably be better spent just collecting samples. 

That’s it. Screw reviving, that’s a waste of money and you get hardly any XP for it.  I never spent a penny on revivers. 

Edited by HipHopHead

CaliMeatWagon

Run the Legendary Missions directly from Harriet. 

Although, I would suggest that with how slow Rockstar releases content for this game, not to grind anything. You'll have PLENTY of time before the next role drops. 

• Like 1

I just want the wilderness fire.  I don't own the varmint riffle, so leveling this up just enough to get the campfire and the only thing I can really do is poacher missions.  I will say, I would rather do the poacher missions than collect samples, but it is slow  @CaliMeatWagon  Do the poacher missions pay the same XP no matter what?  or is there an optimal time to complete them in? 

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

18 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I don't own the varmint riffle, so leveling this up just enough to get the campfire and the only thing I can really do is poacher missions. 

Get the rifle, it's pretty cheap to get.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, Lady Petrichor said:

So how can I grind this role efficiently? The sooner I get this done, the sooner I won't have to deal with her. 

You can't, some entries are based entirely on RNG. Especially the farm animal section.

4 hours ago, Rez090 said:

Get the rifle, it's pretty cheap to get.

I understand that. I'm a day one BETA player, this is a secondary account that I only use a carbine and a cattleman, never bought ammo, another weapon or horse.  It's just a different way to play the game than what I do on my other account.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The easiest way is selling the farm animal set. 

The hardest part is bulls, but those you can get from the farm west of lagras.   Just run away behind the train tracks to the north, wait a few seconds and return for another spawn.