1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

In my opinion reactions are still sub-optimal?

suicidal_banana

Do you like the recently added reactions?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the recently added reactions?

• Yes, keep them
    • No, remove them
    • I like some, see my post
    • I just came here to react with 'cry'

suicidal_banana

👋 Why was the topic closed? can we not have a discussion about this?

Edit: Maybe if i (and others) keep it a little more civil? Or if we cant have this discussion, can i get a short reasoning as to why before this new thread is closed? Thanks! 👍

Edited by suicidal_banana
Less direct wording better?
  • Like 5
  • Bruh 2
Spider-Vice

Some of those reactions are going to be deleted soon anyway. We don't want to become Facebook so we'll keep to only a few eventually.

• Like 3

Do tell how your experience is negatively impacted by keeping reactions dynamic. A lot of them are cycled out, new ones come in ever so often. It is just some harmless fun. It’s a gaming forum, not the website of the tax man - live a little.

• Like 4
  • YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
  • Bruh 2
suicidal_banana
30 minutes ago, Raavi said:

Do tell how your experience is negatively impacted by keeping reactions dynamic. A lot of them are cycled out, new ones come in ever so often.

Its not really a big issue of any kind, the other thread just sorta derailed right from the start making me seem a lot more bothered by them then i actually am 😛 but:

1 hour ago, Raavi said:

It is just some harmless fun. It’s a gaming forum, not the website of the tax man - live a little.

While that's a very fair point & i dont mind some harmless fun at all, im just opposed to the ones that could be interpreted as trolling/negative, in certain parts of the forum they can be very 'unfavorable', like when you b*tch about some bug ruining your fun, a bunch of kids reacting with "cry" really doesn't help your mood lol.

• Like 1

The cry emote needs to go simply for the reason that in my experience no one has any f*cking clue how to use it.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2
StormerBoy

I generally agree with the OP

I'd also add that I don't even know what half these reactions are supposed to mean. Eek and the trump one? Are people telling me to get over it or patting me on the back, I have no idea. Either way the actual images are just plain tacky and slapstick imo.

Re them being seasonal, what then happens to the reaction when they are removed? Do they just delete or does it transfer to the new one in its place, which may of course mean something different to the oriongal one?

• Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8

I don't understand the logic behind the chosen selection of reactions here at all. I'm a mod on another forum and we have ones for like, love, laugh, confused and sad, probably going to swap confused for surprised soon since we listen to suggestions and want the reactions to be useful if we're going to have them. I have no clue what most of the random pictures here are supposed to mean. I get putting one or two silly ones in there as a joke from time to time but it would make sense to also have some basic straightforward/useful ones. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 6
On 12/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jason said:

The cry emote needs to go simply for the reason that in my experience no one has any f*cking clue how to use it.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think the first thing we need before adding or removing any reaction, is a sticky thread explaining what each reaction even supposed to mean.

Still have no idea what YEE, tarumph and fir thi bairns mean.

• Like 5
  • YEE 1
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Ryo256 said:

I think the first thing we need before adding or removing any reaction, is a sticky thread explaining what each reaction even supposed to mean.

Still have no idea what YEE, tarumph and fir thi bairns mean.

I always guessed that the "yee" one is agree, like in a cheerful way. But then "fir thi bairns" was added and that also seems like you're agreeing/says "cheers" to the post, so I dunno. tarumph is disagree or object maybe? The only ones that are clear are "kewk" for laughing (because it's literally a laughing face) and the crying one which is just dumb/childish.

I also always assumed that most of them are in-jokes/references/memes popular on the forum from some sections/threads I don't visit or whatever. Is that the case? Or are they just randomly added by the mod team to everyone's surprise and confusion?

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 5
10 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I also always assumed that most of them are in-jokes/references/memes popular on the forum from some sections/threads

You assumed correctly. 

• Like 1
JaeDan 101
10 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

The only ones that are clear are "kewk" for laughing (because it's literally a laughing face) and the crying one which is just dumb/childish.

your true

btw im the one who suggested the "bruh" reaction. and i know that it will be deleted soon.

i think its okay that the others will be deleted, but not "bruh", its my most favourite reaction.

• Bruh 4
suicidal_banana
8 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Guys don't delete cry 

He is the only one who I can relate to 

VFMpqEN.png

Hey kid, can you be a bit less of a f*cking attention wh*re reacting to every single post about the subject? thanks!.. 👍

@Spider-Vice & @Raavi people like this fool are exactly why reactions are 'sub optimal'

• KEKW 2

I still genuinely don’t see what is so horrible about a small emoji being added to the bottom right of your post.

How does it negatively impact your browsing experience in any way?

DR:BUSTA
1 hour ago, suicidal_banana said:

Hey kid, can you be a bit less of a f*cking attention wh*re reacting to every single post about the subject? thanks!.. 👍

@Spider-Vice & @Raavi people like this fool are exactly why reactions are 'sub optimal

This is literally exactly the same as liking every post I like I don't see a difference

Spider-Vice

To settle this, liking every post you see is spam (and please don't do it especially when it's to one member only and on purpose), but there is no reason to be aggressive either so... yeah.

• Like 3
DR:BUSTA
20 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

To settle this, liking every post you see is spam (and please don't do it especially when it's to one member only and on purpose), but there is no reason to be aggressive either so... yeah.

I didn't notice that he is the same person though if I did I would have never did 

But I don't really see a problem if liking only four posts if I agree with what someone said or something like that

Mr JoeStalin
On 12/21/2020 at 5:04 AM, Spider-Vice said:

The highlighted portion is fine but why is liking every post spam?

TheSantader25

Hey. Where did the cry emote go? You bastards erased it didn't you? Well GUESS WHAT? You can't use it now to react to this very post. Get owned lol. 

• fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 2
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Hey. Where did the cry emote go? You bastards erased it didn't you? Well GUESS WHAT? You can't use it now to react to this very post. Get owned lol. 

giphy.gif

• KEKW 4
  • Bruh 2
Bob Loblaw

I'm glad the staff is removing useful stuff like "Cry" and is keeping the memes that were funny 10 years ago.

• fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
billiejoearmstrong8
19 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

I'm glad the staff is removing useful stuff like "Cry" and is keeping the memes that were funny 10 years ago.

How is it really useful though? It's just antagonism that isn't constructive. If you take issue with a post you should reply and explain yourself constructively, using reactions like that is just cowardly and childish to me. Useful reactions are ones that save you making unworthwhile posts (eg "I like this", "I agree", "haha"), at least a couple of the meme ones allow you to do that. 

• Like 4
  • KEKW 1
Spider-Vice

We have actually had situations of people using the emoji in toxic ways in other more... heated areas of the forum and causing arguments with it, not worth the hassle as funny as it might be.

• Like 3
Carl Theft Auto

f99911c1d2aa49eaf0a218c53c5696d6.png

Y'all better add this as a new reaction.

Edited by Carl Theft Auto
  • YEE 2
JaeDan 101
1 hour ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

f99911c1d2aa49eaf0a218c53c5696d6.png

Y'all better add this as a new reaction.

then what will this reaction called?

Carl Theft Auto
54 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

then what will this reaction called?

Scared/Shocking reaction I guess.