2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

MOTW #172

The poll's now - pick your favourite mission of this MOTW?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win this MOTW?

• Mikul - The chest full of gold
    • Polski Oski - The Cup of Life
    • The John David - The Green Lost Statues
    • Axoez - Treasure of El Diablo in Saint Mark's Bistro

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2020 at 03:00 PM

MOTW #172

GBlYHlm.png

For rules and guidelines, click here.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

Posting reviews/feedback before the participation deadline is strictly NOT allowed. You may post reviews/feedback once voting starts.

This week's theme

TREASURE HUNTING

y6RUDVM.jpg

Treasure hunting is the physical search for treasure around the globe. It can be gold, silver, any kind of rare or valuable currency. Use your imagination and inspiration to participate in this Mission of the Week - good luck!

Entries

Mikul

The chest full of gold

Polski Oski

The Cup of Life

The John David

The Green Lost Statues

Axoez (Profesional Idiot)

Treasure of El Diablo in Saint Mark's Bistro

Deadlines

Participation: 12 December (extended 2 days - original participation time was 10 December) - 3:00 PM (GMT Timezone)

Voting: 14 December (extended 2 days - original voting time was 12 December) - 3:00 PM (GMT Timezone)

Credits

AnDReJ98 - Founder & Co-Leader

RithRake24 - Co-Leader (2019-present)

Target13 - Co-Leader (2014, 2018-2019)

Chips237 - Co-Leader (2013)

MOTW Council - Management Team

The Odyssey - Founder of the first MOTW Discussion Thread

@zeko - Winner of MOTW #171 and Host

Edited by zeko
  • Like 7

treasure hunting? interesting, i might or might not participate this

Edited by Axoez
Update: I didn't participate

(there used to be the link of my entry but i cancelled it :))

Edited by Axoez
it's a joke mission and i should actually make a serious mission to have a chance of at least getting voted
3 hours ago, Axoez said:

(the link of my joke entry)
the first mission to enter is a piece of sh*t :d no negativism here

i mean yeah it's a piece of sh*t but at least i participated :)

Edited by Axoez
The John David

"Treasure Hunting..."

I never had many ideas about this kind of theme? I'll try to participate, but I'm not yet sure. I had some inspiration idea on the game "Uncharted". See if I can craft and design that idea of mine.

By the way, @zeko congrats on winning the previous MOTW :D

2 hours ago, The John David said:

"Treasure Hunting..."

I never had many ideas about this kind of theme? I'll try to participate, but I'm not yet sure. I had some inspiration idea on the game "Uncharted". See if I can craft and design that idea of mine.

By the way, @zeko congrats on winning the previous MOTW :D

This theme IS inspired by Uncharted xd, his original idea was "it was you as the playable protagonist", then he decided to change it to "reconnaissance", then he changed it to this theme (Treasure Hunt),
also zeko can you extend the deadline? I have a great idea that I got when taking a shower (maybe it won't be as great as it is in my mind when it's made but eh)

2 hours ago, zeko said:

extended the deadline due to @Axoez (aka Raxo)'s request.

hopefully there will be more participators 👍

thanks (it has been extended for 2 days)

Edited by Axoez
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, Axoez said:

thanks (it has been extended for 2 days)

then i start to lose motivation again because my mission just broke

Polski Oski

Quick question. Does my entry crash for most people here? I got some reports about that But I'm not sure what can cause this because it works fine for me all the time 

Edit - Mission turns out to have very high limits. I would recommend downloading Limit Adjuster if it crash 

Edited by Polski Oski

Reviews: (Not listed in order from the best to worst)
@The John David's The Green Lost Statue

Spoiler

The cutscenes were pretty basic, the story was ok, and you might have made it too easy with having green markers for the statues, the car tailing was also broken at the beginning because they are ramming the wall for some reason, I had to push them so they turn 90 degrees, there was no combat which is nice since I suck at it. Keep improving!

@Mikul's The chest full of golds

Spoiler

Well, you had me at the scene where there is a map and a blip showing where we are, it was not so bad, the combat was also pretty good, a bit hard like my entry, but what I don't like about the combat part was the car cover, you should've activated bullet proof, since that mean you can stay cover in the black car, which I am assuming what should've happened since the armour and health pickup was spawning there every 30 seconds. Keep making missions and you will improve!

@Polski Oski's The Cup of Life

Spoiler

Huh, you have to use a limit adjuster to be able to play it, which is bad, but the dialogue is very great, the grammar is also nice, the combat might have been a little bit too easy with the player having access to a powerful rifle that kill fastly (I didn't use the weapon.dat since it crashes my game), I also noticed that you didn't put a player animation to sit in the car when you're at the temple, but it's ok. Great job! Keep up the good work!

@Axoez's Treasure of El Diablo in Saint Mark Bistro

Spoiler

Eww, poop, very trash, story bad, dialogue bad, cutscene trash, for the creator of this piece of sh*t, please, go hang yourself, thank you.

Edited by Axoez
  • Like 2

I guess I wasn't feeling motivated to try and come up with a mission. Anyways... my feedback is gonna be a little different.

The one with the highest overall score will be the one i'm voting for.

SD and skins won't count because it's unfair for others that didn't add any SD files or skins. But these might impact on the cutscenes, gameplay and story.

Now here's my feedback:

---------------------------------

The chest full of gold (by Mikul)

Spoiler

Story (9/10)

So Norman, who's friends with Jason and Dick, came to tell them that the chest is real and it's located in El Castillo Del Diablo (I don't know why the guy would visit darkweb).

Anyways, as they reach the destination, they search around until Norman found the chest full of gold, then some agents came to kill them and take the "cursed chest".

The story made the mission pretty exciting, I was curious to see what was happening next. But one thing I don't know know is why would Norman look through the darkweb and find something like this.

Cutscenes (8/10)

The cutscenes were alright. Also you took your time to put some objects in the mission as well, I don't know what else to say about the cutscenes.

Gameplay (7.5/10)

I'm only gonna talk about the part where you had to kill the agents. It was pretty hard because I was surroundered by too many enemies shooting me, but the good thing is armor and health pickups were spawning every 10-20 seconds so the gameplay part was not be really hard after all, but I think you've put too many enemies (like, why too many enemies for a chest?).

SD (6.5/10)

There were only gun sounds and ringtone sound. You could've put some music in that gameplay part mentioned above to make the gameplay more intense.

Skins (10/10)

The skins were pretty neat! 

Overall Score: 8.1/10 (SD and Skins don't count)

The Cup of Life (by Polski Olski)

Spoiler

Story (10/10)

I don't know much things about history, but I think that doesn't matter. It's story is inspired, and that's really great!

Cutscenes (8/10)

The cutscenes weren't really a relevance, except that cutscene part where you meet the german soldiers and the escape (the music and skins impacted them really well)

Gameplay (10/10)

The music also really impacted the gameplay, and the ped skins as well! There were 3 waves of german soldiers, and I can say it wasn't hard to kill all of them.

SD (10/10)

The music really fits with the mission and made the gameplay more epic. If you didn't add SD files, the gameplay wouldn't be that interesting.

Skins (10/10)

I've only used ped skins, maybe I could've used the car skins too but you've chosen the right skins for your mission!

Overall Score: 9.3/10 (SD and Skins don't count)

The Green Lost Statues (by The John David)

Spoiler

Story (6/10)
The story was going good (I don't have to summarize it because it's in the description) until the ending where Nathan and Avery had to hand over the green statues to the agents and the story just ends there. So Nathan wasted his time to take Avery's offer, just for that ending?...

Cutscenes (8.5/10)

The animations and the cutscenes were alright, the music impacted the cutscenes, also the objects!

Gameplay (6.5/10)

The car chase was boring, and the black car's route was bugged. There was not some actual gameplay, like killing some enemies. You just had get some green statues, the tunnel was collapsing and you had to get out of here before time was running out. There was not an interesting/exciting part.
SD (7/10)

There was only one same music playing throughout the mission and the music was getting kinda boring, you could've used more different music.

Overall Score: 7/10 (SD doesn't count)

Note: To be honest I expected a better mission from you, this is an unusual overall score that you're getting. I'm sorry m8.

Treasure of El Diablo in Saint Mark's Bistro (by Axoez aka Profesional idiot)

Spoiler

Story (6.5/10)

I guess the story made a little sense, but it was literally straight to the point that Jake found out that a treasure is hidden in Saint Mark Bistro. The mission doesn't focus on the story at all.

Cutscenes (9/10)

The cutscenes were amazing (the introduction of characters, plane flying and etc)!

Gameplay (7.5/10)

The gameplay was pain. There were too many enemies and most of them had shotguns, I had to use cheats to make this mission more possible. BUT! The part where you had to get prepared and using the cutscene camera made it plausible.

Overall Score: 7.6/10

---------------------------------

My vote goes to...

Spoiler

Polski Olski! Congratulations!
And thank you guys for participating!

Edited by Robert17
  • Like 4

My Review of MOTW #172

@The John David's The Green Lost Statue

Spoiler

this mission wasn't so good, wasn't fun at all, it will be better if you did better ending & bad SD too 

SD: 0/10

Gameplay: 5/10

Cutscenes: 7/10

Story: 8/10

@Mikul's The chest full of golds

Spoiler

this mission was good, has better gameplay and good ending and it will be better if you add SD, i like it so yea you did good

Gameplay: 7.5/10

Cutsenes: 9/10

Story: 8/10 

@Polski Oski's The Cup of Life

Spoiler

greatest mission i ever played great gameplay with SD if there wasn't SD the mission could be kinda bad and also SD is doing good with the mission and the cutscene doing good and the skins and sounds was great. i will be very sad if you didn't win MOTW

Gameplay: 9.5/10

Story: 10/10

Cutscenes: 9/10

SD: 10/10

Skins:10/10

@Axoez's Treasure of El Diablo in Saint Mark Bistro

Spoiler

this mission was amazing, kinda difficult but it's amazing, it has great gameplay and i hope if it has SD but it's ok and has amazing cutsecne, Good Job 

Gameplay: 7.5/10

Cutscenes: 8.5/10

Story: 7.5/10

My Vote goes to

Spoiler

@Polski OskiGood Job bro and also i have to say the best missions in this MOTW is @Polski Oski & @AxoezMission you both did good work. but sorry my vote goes to Polski Oski

• Like 3
boy of the cones

Just in case, YGE, XylophoneV7, Robert17 and Luitger's vote doesn't count. Congratz on winning the previous MOTW @zeko.

1 hour ago, boy of the cones said:

Just in case, YGE, XylophoneV7, Robert17 and Luitger's vote doesn't count. Congratz on winning the previous MOTW @zeko.

YGE's, Robert17's, and Luitger's should count, yes maybe they don't meet the requirement of 4 weeks 20 post, but they're verified and everyone knows them, not sure about XylophoneV7 though

Polski Oski
1 hour ago, Axoez said:

YGE's, Robert17's, and Luitger's should count, yes maybe they don't meet the requirement of 4 weeks 20 post, but they're verified and everyone knows them, not sure about XylophoneV7 though

XylophoneV7 is not verified but the rest is verified I think 

The John David

For those who gave reviews to my mission. Thank you. I want to say that, my mission isn't clever enough like the rest here. Though I really admit my mistakes that there was no combat gunfights due to the objectives are already reaching the limit including the car chase route-points is broken from the start designing it. Although there are many things I was supposed to add around the mission to make it more creative and intuitive, but due to my time and health issues, I didn't focus making them. Even the worse to experience for designers is the prone game crashes for selecting interiors, so I decided to avoid that pressure and scrapped them. Glad at least you enjoy the story, but definitely lacks of action. :D

Once again, thank you so much guys.

Stay healthy & safe.

• Like 2