4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RDR2 PC Patch - 1355.18 (1.24) | 01/12/2020

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

• Fixed several issues with graphical rendering and corruption that could occur on some PC hardware configurations.

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360060216733/RDR2-Title-Update-1-24-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-Stadia

Only one PC specific issue. Topic will still stay up of course as any update can cause new issues, or fix undocumented things.

• Like 3
Western Gunslinger

I read the note top to bottom and Story Mode is only mentioned twice

Holy f*ck

ThereIsNoBathroom

It amazes me how really stupid some people are. This update made the game start with low audio and people started crying about that on twitter and applying support tickets, instead of just checking audio in Volume Mixer for RDR2.exe  

• Like 2
  • KEKW 3

And again hoping the new patch will let the trainer I use work ok. That's off topic I know but still. (edit: for single player)

Edited by Orlansky
10 hours ago, ThereIsNoBathroom said:

...This update made the game start with low audio and people started crying about that on twitter and applying support tickets, instead of just checking audio in Volume Mixer for RDR2.exe  

As one who uses Windows 7 (for many good reasons), it doesn't sound like a game should be messing with your Windows volume settings, though, right?

• Like 2
ThereIsNoBathroom
9 hours ago, Dryspace said:

As one who uses Windows 7 (for many good reasons), it doesn't sound like a game should be messing with your Windows volume settings, though, right?

It shouldn't, but sometimes happens wit games that have regular updates. Had same issue with Friday the 13th: The Game before. 

The007connoisseur

Someone needs to throw a molotov cocktail at Rockstar HQ, they’ve been so f*cking greedy I can’t take it anymore. Seriously I don’t have a problem with them f*cking up online I don’t play that sh*t anyway. They add the nicest horses and weapons to it but would they die if they added them to story mode. I mean seriously why...

The007connoisseur
31 minutes ago, trulex47 said:

i have audio problem its very low, and its max in settings lol

Wouldn’t hurt to read the 4th post in this topic before posting buddy

• Like 2
nealmac
On 12/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, ThereIsNoBathroom said:

It amazes me how really stupid some people are. This update made the game start with low audio and people started crying about that on twitter and applying support tickets, instead of just checking audio in Volume Mixer for RDR2.exe  

Ah. Thanks for this. I stream to my TV, and I had to put the TV volume on 100% in order to hear the game sounds lol. Still though, unfair to call people "stupid" when A: Rockstar shouldn't be messing about with windows system settings, and B: not every player (myself included) is tech savvy, and would never even think of looking in the volume mixer.

• Like 2
ThereIsNoBathroom
16 hours ago, nealmac said:

Ah. Thanks for this. I stream to my TV, and I had to put the TV volume on 100% in order to hear the game sounds lol. Still though, unfair to call people "stupid" when A: Rockstar shouldn't be messing about with windows system settings, and B: not every player (myself included) is tech savvy, and would never even think of looking in the volume mixer.

How checking volume in Windows volume mixer requires a tech savvy? If you are PC user, it should be first thing you check if there is any issues with the audio volume. People on twitter just love to start drama and cry about nothing. And they are wasting time of the support team while there is a real issues with the game and other people wait for their response. 

Edited by ThereIsNoBathroom
  • Like 1
cp1dell

ITT: Rockstar apologists.

Yeah it was strange when I started the game up and it was quiet as hell, checked the volume mixer, for some reason it was just barely above 0. Okay, weird, but whatever.

Except I have to fix it literally every time I start the game. I've never had this happen with any game before, especially not consistently like this. I don't use Twitter, so maybe people are blowing it out of proportion. Nonetheless, they clearly f*cked something up, and by their track record with RDR2 updates, it's going to be a while before this is fixed.

• Like 2
nealmac
6 hours ago, ThereIsNoBathroom said:

How checking volume in Windows volume mixer requires a tech savvy? If you are PC user, it should be first thing you check if there is any issues with the audio volume. People on twitter just love to start drama and cry about nothing. And they are wasting time of the support team while there is a real issues with the game and other people wait for their response. 

Because while people know that there is a windows volume slider, they don't all realise that every application has it's own slider. While I actually did know this, it's just been so long since I've used it, that I forgot it existed. Besides, like I already said, no developer should ever put out an update that interferes with windows system settings, so it's the last place many people would think of checking. I don't know why you're sticking up for Rockstar support. They are utterly sh*t when it comes to "real" issues anyway. 

• Like 2

Nearly 6GB update.😮

This better be good.

Or Doc is gonna loose it.

Again.

Edited by Doc101
nealmac
On 12/4/2020 at 2:30 AM, ThereIsNoBathroom said:

So it turns out that we need to apply this fix every time we load up the game. Considering you're such an expert, why don't you explain to us how to fix the problem? 

• Like 1
The007connoisseur

Ever since this update my game lags terribly and freezes so bad. A restart can only help. I tried verifying game files but it gets stuck at around 99%

RedNitrate
On 12/18/2020 at 3:12 AM, The007connoisseur said:

Ever since this update my game lags terribly and freezes so bad. A restart can only help. I tried verifying game files but it gets stuck at around 99%

I have to admit, reports like this hold me back from diving into the PC version of the game. Ive had so many friends have constant problems with it, which they fix, but inevitably break again when the next update hits. 

"Check your sound settings" 🙄 Yeah ok, how about stfu? The lower volume in my head when I read your sentences will at least match the low audio output of the game. Your fix is to check the audio settings? That's a joke. This is the only game in my entire life that defaults to lower audio. I've been using computers since 2005, that's a long time. Every launch, reset audio. Put on my headset, reset audio. Change in game graphics settings, a reset is required? Alt Tab, reset audio. This is just about the dumbest, most annoying bug I've ever seen in a game. I know this thread is old now but I felt the need to reply since there are obviously some elitist a holes here. Seriously. Stfu.

Also, dx12 is pretty borked. Rx 580, I was able to play on both dx12 and vulkan. Updated graphics drivers, dx12 doesn't work. Disabled auto saves (which has no bearing on online play), messed around with crap, dx12 started working. Restarted the pc the next day, dx12 doesn't work. Haven't gotten it working again. Doesn't matter anyway, FXAA on dx12 caused half of my screen to be black. I rolled back to 20.4 drivers, gonna see if dx12 works lol. All other games have been fine. I have no other pc issues.

And lastly, to make this account I was asked to answer what game Officer Frank Tenpenny is from. 😂 That's a joke, right? I never played San Andreas, I actually had to google that lmao. This is the most beautiful game I've played so I'm going to deal with the bugs. I went to school for computers, I'm Network+ certified and this is the worst programming I've seen in 15 years. Keep in mind I've been playing games since I was 6 years old, when Mario came out for the original Nintendo. It's laughable how dumb some of these bugs are and how easily they could be fixed. If the game itself wasn't the beautiful masterpiece it is, I would have stopped playing.

Side note: I bet Rockstar's corporate environment is absolute garbage.

Edit- even the Rockstar launcher is set at default volume 😂 *slow clap

Edited by 130rne
  • Like 2
GinsengElixir
On 12/20/2020 at 12:28 AM, RedNitrate said:

I have to admit, reports like this hold me back from diving into the PC version of the game. Ive had so many friends have constant problems with it, which they fix, but inevitably break again when the next update hits. 

Same here. I decided even before Cyberpunk was released that I'd be waiting 6 months to see how it is, but with rdr2 I've been waiting a year. Graphically it looks fantastic but just not stable enough to waste time on it.

• Like 1
cp1dell

Apart from some minor performance issues and crashes at release, the game was totally fine after a patch or two.

It’s the further updates to RDO that have negatively affected SP, just like with GTA V.

• Like 4
RedNitrate
On 12/27/2020 at 8:31 PM, GinsengElixir said:

Same here. I decided even before Cyberpunk was released that I'd be waiting 6 months to see how it is, but with rdr2 I've been waiting a year. Graphically it looks fantastic but just not stable enough to waste time on it.

A real shame as well, it looks breath taking on a high end PC.. until it crashes any way. 

• 2 weeks later...
Swale489

When is Rockstar going to fix the low start up audio problem and why was this basic bug missed in testing? Resetting the audio level every time you start the game is unnecessary and tedious.

• Like 1
Spider-Vice

Doesn't happen here, maybe a setup-specific issue? You criticise testing but this is exactly why it's hard, it may not happen in 30 testing PC's but happen in other PC's outside the company when the game releases.

Swale489
5 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Doesn't happen here, maybe a setup-specific issue? You criticise testing but this is exactly why it's hard, it may not happen in 30 testing PC's but happen in other PC's outside the company when the game releases.

Many are affected by this bug as shown by the posts here and a general internet search. When is Rockstar going to fix the bug?

• Like 2
Montana Actual

Very annoying.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:30 PM, ThereIsNoBathroom said:

While I agree with you about the social media problems (especially twitter variants) of the world and the psychology behind internet commenting, you are doing the same thing you are criticizing people of. Whining about people "whining" and wasting time on a forum because you don't seem to have the issue or care that it just started happening after a recent update. It has nothing to do with "tech savy" or "complaining". It's an issue, it should be addressed. I have an issue using alt-tab in this game, so I have to go to windowed mode and back to full screen just to fix the volume, that I should not have to fix in the first place. I could care less about the alt-tab issue, although it would be nice if they fixed that too (because there are also issue about that one and it works with even all those "poorly optimized ubisoft games"). So submitting a support ticket is not wasting anyones time, it's literally their job. They have teams to address support tickets. That's like saying people working customer service at wal-mart are having their time wasted processing returns... There are many "real issues" with this game, and this is one of them. I suggest you take your own advice and stop wasting your time complaining about people "complaining" on social media, because that's what a forum is.