4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Delay of gta 6??

Detective33

Detective33

So rockstar games just announced their new cayo perico update. And it's huge update also it has new radio station with 100 new songs!!why would rockstar games give so much big update?? Does that mean that gta 6 far away from release!! Also the few months ago a leak claimed that gta 6 in early development!!

• Bruh 5

They're a billion dollar company - they could make 5 GTA games in a year with 1000 songs if they wanted to. 

They're calculating everything. Don't underestimate it pal. 

• Like 2
Detective33
9 minutes ago, vcfan1991 said:

They're a billion dollar company - they could make 5 GTA games in a year with 1000 songs if they wanted to. 

They're calculating everything. Don't underestimate it pal. 

Yeah ikr

DexMacLeod

I think they made it pretty clear that GTA 6 isn't coming anytime soon when they announced another remaster of GTA V. It's more surprising to me that they didn't hold off on this update and save it as an exclusive for the new-gen version. 

• Like 7
secksyjames

I think people need to remember the company that made Vice City, San Andreas, IV and even V no longer exists. Leslie Benzies and at least one of the Houser brothers are gone. GTA Online has become one of the biggest and most profitable entertainment IP's in human history. They are more than comfortable milking this game for every last drop.

GTA6 I would wager is not coming before 2022.

• Like 4
Detective33
On 11/27/2020 at 11:59 PM, secksyjames said:

I think people need to remember the company that made Vice City, San Andreas, IV and even V no longer exists. Leslie Benzies and at least one of the Houser brothers are gone. GTA Online has become one of the biggest and most profitable entertainment IP's in human history. They are more than comfortable milking this game for every last drop.

The sun will rise from west if gta 6 comes before 2022

• Like 1
On 11/27/2020 at 7:29 PM, secksyjames said:

By the 2022 only we can count on is title announcement. 

• Like 1
Mascaracan
On 11/27/2020 at 7:29 PM, secksyjames said:

If it comes out some day, it will be something different because of that what you've said about the company.

I'm affraid we'll never see another GTA, considering Online cow don't stop of giving milk and the fact that they announced the release of RDR2 Online separately from single-palyer, makes me thing they gonna focus on Online modes since these ones seem to not decay and seem to be a win bet. So, If it is working, why bother about develop a new game? Moreover when you don't have some of the main brains that produced the old succesful games taking the risk of fail?

I hope to be wrong, but my thought is while Online continues giving big profits, T2/R* aren't going to decide to work on a sequel.

Edited by Mascaracan

I’m thinking that this has been the big reason for exodus of founding Rockstar staff members. The same thing happened in the radio and music business back in the late 90’s.  Like radio, I’m sure the gaming business used to be a great thing to be a part of. You got to create what you wanted (at least to an extent) and the bankers were kept at bay. Now the bankers are not only controlling everything, they are destroying the industry. They’re saying “don’t develop a sequel”. They saying “don’t make the game as good as it can be, follow the spreadsheets and focus testing - make a Pavlovian feedback loop to pressure players into buying worthless ‘micro’ transactions, and do it as cheaply as possible.  No developer wants to be part of something like that. No more than a DJ doesn’t want to work at Clear Channel station #8,972 and press the repeat button for the same 15 horrible songs.  The same thing is going on in the medical field with primary care physicians leaving - they don’t wanna be simple button pushers for insurance and drug companies. This is what happens when corporations are allowed to become too big.  Not to get off track, but I think this scenario is playing itself out at Rockstar and I don’t blame Leslie, Laslow or Dan for not wanting to be there anymore. I’m sure they’ve wanted to make a new GTA for a long time but we’re told no. Just my thoughts anyway, sorry to ramble! 

• Like 2
Mascaracan
19 hours ago, Catsooey said:

I’m thinking that this has been the big reason for exodus of founding Rockstar staff members. The same thing happened in the radio and music business back in the late 90’s.  Like radio, I’m sure the gaming business used to be a great thing to be a part of. You got to create what you wanted (at least to an extent) and the bankers were kept at bay. Now the bankers are not only controlling everything, they are destroying the industry. They’re saying “don’t develop a sequel”. They saying “don’t make the game as good as it can be, follow the spreadsheets and focus testing - make a Pavlovian feedback loop to pressure players into buying worthless ‘micro’ transactions, and do it as cheaply as possible.  No developer wants to be part of something like that. No more than a DJ doesn’t want to work at Clear Channel station #8,972 and press the repeat button for the same 15 horrible songs.  The same thing is going on in the medical field with primary care physicians leaving - they don’t wanna be simple button pushers for insurance and drug companies. This is what happens when corporations are allowed to become too big.  Not to get off track, but I think this scenario is playing itself out at Rockstar and I don’t blame Leslie, Laslow or Dan for not wanting to be there anymore. I’m sure they’ve wanted to make a new GTA for a long time but we’re told no. Just my thoughts anyway, sorry to ramble! 

Not the bankers, but the company CEOs and shareholders. The game industry has change, back in time realeasing new games was almost the only way to get profits, it started to change in the late 2000s with the spreading of the internet and its jump to mobile phones, tablet, TV, consoles... it was those times when videogames begin to being chopped out in DLCs multiplying gains.

Nowadays the money is in GTA Online, it gives a lot of revenues with a little investment, and since it seems to have no end, I think T2 changed policy about GTA, and the same thing seems to be happening to RDR2, with the recent realease o RDR2 Online separetly form SP (sorry for being so repetitive), and I partially agree with you about this being the main reason why Houser left the company, he is a creator and the company was disabling them from create more GTA, reading old interviews I assume that he had a lot of ideas and hopes for the HD Universe, on the other hand he was able to create with RDR2, althought he said something about being working for 100 hours-a-week for months during the development, maybe this is what burned him out, who knows?

Benzies is a different case since he didn't leave, he was forced to leave in a very dirty manner and T2 an R* had to compensate him for that (or something since the settlement is confidential).

Edited by Mascaracan

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making money, but there are many ways to go about doing it. The people that made ET for the Atari were trying to make money, and they destroyed the entire industry.  Take Two could have done amazing things with GTA Online - they could have added expansion maps, made the game balanced, etc. Instead they opted for a myopic strategy of putting minimal effort into the game and trying to get players to spend money out of annoyance of having your post office van getting chased by a flying bike. They put laser guns into the game. Bethesda put Skyrim dragons into their online Fallout game. Take Two is peddling a PS3 game and it’s almost 2021. Eventually the whole thing will end, casuals will move on and they’ll realize they’ve pushed their core audience (and founding staff members) away.  

I know what you mean about Benz, he was forced out - I don’t know who was behind all that, I always suspected Zelnick and TT.  But I mentioned him along with the rest of the exodus because I figured he would’ve left by now. I don’t think any of those guys would be happy working at Rockstar in its present state.  I was also thinking that Dan might’ve spent that extended amount of time on RDR2 because he knew it was not only going to be his last project, but the last traditional long form narrative-based game that Rockstar would put out.

GTA5 has been pushed to the limits I have never in my entire life seen something like this, it is inhumane to push the exact same game into 3 console generations. Seriously I think this is why Dan left: why spend time remastering the same game all over again for a brand new console when you can forward some time to produce a totally different one with so much potential? I dont even consider that any of those decision-making CEOs even ever play GTA5 at all.

I will describe to you how GTA fans/players were. An exhausted fan base that was created way back in 2000, anticipating the first effective and efficient ever 3 dimensional open world that it would soon be. And how shocked we were the leap between consoles and how big of a deal it was to get your mom to go to the store with you to buy it. I remember October 31st 2002, Vice City coming out and how I even skipped school to be one of the first ones to buy it at my local Toys R Us. 

Really I have no appreciation for this money milking and the more I read into this lunacy that has become GTA Online the more I regret even buying GTA5 or a ps4. I feel like I have been cheated into a cheap dream which is actually worse than heroin for the children that are now playing, compared to the children we were in the past playing GTA. And honestly I dont see that much of a difference between the ps3 and ps4 version if any at all except for license plates more readable and first person camera but I never use that camera anyways. Pretty disappointing if you ask me. I would not buy it if I already had it on ps3 and would not even buy a ps4 if I still had my ps3.

I remember I took my ps2 everywhere I went. And I could open a CD case full of games, a memory card full of saves and never needed the internet to be more exciting. Even though back then we used to dream about playing online, I never though for a slightest second you would have to spend real life money to get things inside a game, instead of playing to achieve.

rjmthe2nd
On 11/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, secksyjames said:

I think Rockstar will never again prematurely announce a game years before it's release. We could possibly see a VI trailer in 2021 and release in 2022 instead of the typical 2-3 year wait between trailer and release. This is the only good thing about Rockstar now tbh

On 12/12/2020 at 5:19 PM, rjmthe2nd said:

I think Rockstar will never again prematurely announce a game years before it's release. We could possibly see a VI trailer in 2021 and release in 2022 instead of the typical 2-3 year wait between trailer and release. This is the only good thing about Rockstar now tbh

Not typical, only a thing of consequence due to delays. This has been said many, many times and only applies to 2 titles and none of the rest before that.

• Like 1
rjmthe2nd
21 hours ago, CM1 said:

Not typical, only a thing of consequence due to delays. This has been said many, many times and only applies to 2 titles and none of the rest before that.

You can't deny it's the new standard of Rockstar

Volatollotalov
On 12/13/2020 at 12:19 AM, rjmthe2nd said:

I think the unfolding Cyberpunk megadisaster is a cautionary tale for the rest of the industry. It will add a lot more weight, if more weight is needed, to Rockstar's position that games shouldn't be rushed.

Having said that, I do wish they could be a little more open and honest with their fanbase. Why don't they just say something like, "Hey eveyone, we're working hard on GTA6. It's likely to be about three years away from release but we'll update you with more news in a year."

The policy of silence almost conspires to conceal the complex realities of building an immense technical and creative challenge. 

Another (darker) possibility is that we're now at the end of the golden era of titanic video games. The task of producing ever-better AAA games maybe isn't sustainable anymore. Technical challenges, development costs in the hundreds of millions, a crowded market and ever-rising fan expectations might mean that even the best studios struggle to make sense of, and keep up with, the exponential curve as it stands today - yet alone where it will be in four years' time. So they just re-visit their old hits and remaster them for the new platforms, take fewer risks while they figure out what the hell to do with GTA6. 

Edited by Volatollotalov
4 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

You can't deny it's the new standard of Rockstar

It is not a standard, as that's only your subjective outlook. Especially, that there is proof of their intentions of putting forward their first previews, 1 year ahead of a given date. Which is then followed by a least 2 delays, usually limited to one 12 months at worst.

They are not going to be transparent and say, "We just showed you this game now in October 2016, that we hope to release in October 2017, but will give ourselves an extra 12 months at worst if we run into any hiccups."

rjmthe2nd
2 hours ago, CM1 said:

It is not a standard, as that's only your subjective outlook. Especially, that there is proof of their intentions of putting forward their first previews, 1 year ahead of a given date. Which is then followed by a least 2 delays, usually limited to one 12 months at worst.

They are not going to be transparent and say, "We just showed you this game now in October 2016, that we hope to release in October 2017, but will give ourselves an extra 12 months at worst if we run into any hiccups."

So you don't think VI will follow the same path as V and RDR2....lmao, the people on this site...

Edited by rjmthe2nd
DexMacLeod

I don't expect the same lengthy delays we got with GTA V and RDR2 next time. Mostly due to online. It seems likely that they'll stop updating online shortly after announcing GTA 6 and I can't see online going nearly two years without updates before the new version hits. 

2 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

So you don't think VI will follow the same path as V and RDR2....lmao, the people on this site...

The people on this site indeed. No logic, particularly from you, to realize they work with what they've been dealt. Just like anyone else. Rockstar will limit any external known delay (s) to 1 year at worst, as it's bad PR.

If it's a cocky mistake to be announcing games too early without absolute confidence, that they'll release in 12 months as planned, they'd do wisely to shut up and wait until they're 80-85% done. Instead of 70% and then run into unforeseen issues.

Try to have some perspective and realize, things change from time to time for anyone, including companies. Didn't you just say similar earlier on? That announcing it too early won't happen this time?

Edited by CM1
  • Like 1