3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Handling in mobile version vs the rest

_ROM30_

Anyone notice how different the handling is on GTA VC mobile port compared to xbox/ps2/PC version?

The cars feel slower and a bit more realistic I suppose.

I done a full play through of GTA 3 on IOS and that felt identical to its original form, then moved onto Vice City and I noticed straight away the difference.

Its not really something people talk about how different it is, which do you guys prefer?

I prefer anything that is realistic enough and not too much as it may make game harder.

I care most about realistic top speed as most cars in gta have capped top speeds :(

(for example a car like the cheetah that should be able to have around 300 km/h top speed has like 230 km limit in gta... )

15 hours ago, BazzemBoi said:

I prefer anything that is realistic enough and not too much as it may make game harder.

I care most about realistic top speed as most cars in gta have capped top speeds :(

(for example a car like the cheetah that should be able to have around 300 km/h top speed has like 230 km limit in gta... )

The cars are definitely slower in the mobile versions as well as how fast Tommy can run. Im guessing this has been done to give more control when using the touchscreen to play it, but I use a PS4 controller so feels a big sluggish.

The cars also have more weight to them, so speeding and smashing into something doesn't make your car bounce around or roll over as easy.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they really did a bad job for handling in vc mobile.

However, physics like in Rancher is much better as before.

Edited by ChrisCar2362
Adding info

I've recently started playing VC on iOS and I immediately noticed a difference. I haven't played the game in years but I'm more than familiar with how vehicles felt whilst driving. The first two vehicles I drove (the Faggio you're encouraged to use and the Oceanic outside the hotel) felt very different. The moped seemed to struggle with corners and the car felt heavier, with noticeable dipping in the rear. It didn't take long to get used to but the curious thing is I've come straight from playing SA on iOS and there doesn't seem to be a great deal different in that port. Some missions in VC took be off guard completely because my driving muscle memory let me down on occasion - I have found myself frequently overshooting a marker or misjudging a corner. It isn't a massive deal but it was definitely something to get accustomed to.

• Like 2

I've notice differences in the handling between the PS2/PS3, Mobile, and the PS4 versions.

The PS2/PS3 versions control like they're supposed to with smooth and responsive. The mobile version controls more realistically, but it's still entirely playable. The PS4 version has some slight input delay and overall fells kinda stiff for some reason.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, Rhoda said:

I've recently started playing VC on iOS and I immediately noticed a difference. I haven't played the game in years but I'm more than familiar with how vehicles felt whilst driving. The first two vehicles I drove (the Faggio you're encouraged to use and the Oceanic outside the hotel) felt very different. The moped seemed to struggle with corners and the car felt heavier, with noticeable dipping in the rear. It didn't take long to get used to but the curious thing is I've come straight from playing SA on iOS and there doesn't seem to be a great deal different in that port. Some missions in VC took be off guard completely because my driving muscle memory let me down on occasion - I have found myself frequently overshooting a marker or misjudging a corner. It isn't a massive deal but it was definitely something to get accustomed to.

wait until you drive the freeway motor bike, its like driving on ice. That missions alloy wheels of steel is hilarious tho as even the ai are unable to control the bike.

San andreas ios physics are also altered but not as bad, there way more closer to the PS2 physics. strange thing is the ios version is better than the ps3 version even tho the ps3 versions a port of it.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:15 AM, DeltaV20 said:

PSP version is okay for me 

this topic is about Vice City, your talking about Vice City stories.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:25 AM, ChrisCar2362 said:

I think they really did a bad job for handling in vc mobile.

However, physics like in Rancher is much better as before.

the rancher it does a favour for as it weighs the car down, wait until you drive the bobcat! you cant keep it straight it just fish tails and goes all over the place.

also to mention try riding the pcj600 on grass, it just wheelspins for so long.

• KEKW 1