2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X

Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

949 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?

This poll is closed to new votes

gonnaenodaethat
14 hours ago, Tez2 said:

The original plan was to release it this last holiday season, alongside the next-gen consoles. However, the pandemic already affected them which is why they pushed it back to the second half of this year. I think Rockstar is confident this time on the release schedule.

No

gonnaenodaethat
10 hours ago, Volatollotalov said:

Yeah, back then I heard a reasonably reliable opinion that suggested the final decision to go with Expanded and Enhanced was made not long before the PS5 event in the summer, implying that it was the activation of some kind of 'plan B' because 'plan A' hadn't yet worked out as expected. It might also explain the much derided trailer, which seemed like it had been thrown together last-minute.

By the time of that announcement, folk in the UK studios would have been working from home for about three months. The possibility that some Covid restrictions could be lifted, as indeed they were for a while, was starting to dawn - although the situation in the US was darker for sure. Unless Rockstar had a crystal ball to predict the second, third and fourth waves of the pandemic then it's hard to see why they would push back the release date from December '20 to "the second half of 2021" based at that time on just a quarter of a year of partly disrupted productivity.

Really though who knows what happened behind the scenes, or who was making the decisions, or what premium grade narcotics they were on at the time.

Yes

Hazzardtohimself

If there was a Mall introduced to Online (as a stand-alone expansion or part of a larger DLC), I think I'd struggle to be thrilled. 

Another indoor space where our 'toons forget how to run, NPCs provide a maze to get through, and our 'objective' (where we have to go to access laptops / run missions / collect passive income etc.) would be 2-3 minutes walk away from the entrance*. 

I mean, yes - it would be be neat. But just... meh. 

*Well... Unless we got a Segway exclusively for indoor speeding.

Record-breaking-with-Kevin-James-on-Segw

Having CP as a private island - can't see it happening, the point of online is to play with, or against other people. If you own the island and no-one can access without your permission there is little point in it. Owning the compound ? maybe. Having the various buildings and huts as businesses ? maybe, but all that does is give you a shrunken map of the same thing LS gives you.. 

I think it'd be a good place for deathmatches, adversary modes and expect them to add it to the creator at some point. Maybe it'd work for some kart races too - I can't see it being any good for normal car races, roads too narrow and its too small.

I still think that release of E&E will depend on the supply (or lack thereof) of next gen consoles. There is a massive worldwide shortage of raw materials to make semiconductors that could last in to next year https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/console-shortages-will-get-worse-before-they-get-better-due-to-ongoing-parts-shortages-report-claims/

There is little point in releasing a game for a small market, worse still Sony and R* have a deal to help boost sales for both companies, it will fall flat on its face if people can't get the console.

R* may well have to balance new E&E content vs additional updates to the current game to retain interest.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tez2 said:

The original plan was to release it this last holiday season, alongside the next-gen consoles. However, the pandemic already affected them which is why they pushed it back to the second half of this year. I think Rockstar is confident this time on the release schedule.

How they can be confident on release schedule when situation on worldwide market is so, so bad? GPUs (PC) are unavailable, consoles are unavailable. It's difficult and frustrating time for everyone. Basically every big game has been pushed back to 2022 and I can see Rockstar doing the same thing with E&E.

1 hour ago, gonnaenodaethat said:

Yes

Sorry I don't understand.

Aye or Nae?

2 hours ago, gonnaenodaethat said:

Aye

1 hour ago, gonnaenodaethat said:

Naw

FTFY

• Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 2

On 2/14/2021 at 1:17 AM, Yan2295 said:

A lot of you seem to forget this is all just about a video game. Even if some people are "messing" with you or whatever, relax, they have not murdered anyone, you shouldn't take sh*t too seriously. Take what you're given for what it is, the rest will come when it comes (if it does), no need to get mad and call people names. And if you are that mad over simple stuff like that, get off the internet for a bit, go take a walk, exercise, do something else. In the end we're all here because of a shared love for a certain game, let's be nice to each other. 

Oh, a leaky boi is mad that people started questioning you and your "we are the knowy-knows but we wont talka-talk, but we knowy-know thingies!" fellas? That people are calling quits on bullsh*t and trolling?

Good.

Volatollotalov
14 hours ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

They don't need a crystal ball, it's common (medical) sense that when you have a pandemic at least a 2nd wave will come, and probably at least a 3rd one. But what are people talking about? That E&E was supposed to come already in 2020? But when was the PS5 launched?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In general, the focus was very much on dealing with the immediate challenges of the time back in early summer 2020. Very few people were talking seriously about the possibility of over a year of heavy disruption, and if they were then their voices were marginalized.

What was Take Two's attitude back then? Here's Strauss Zelnick during the T2 Earnings Call on May 20th 2020:

"A week after (March 12) we have 5,000 people effectively working from home, completely setup with all the equipment they needed. And because we know when people are connected online, of course, we could see their productivity, if anything, had increased over working in the office..."

"My own personal view is that we're going to see a relatively rapid consumer-driven recovery when the dust clears. And my own view is that the dust is probably going to clear sooner than people think."

So productivity didn't drop, and the attitude was very much optimistic towards a quick recovery and return to normal.

Now let's fast forward to the T2 Earnings Call on August 3rd 2020, about six weeks after the announcement of E&E.

"The decision regarding GTA for next gen is a marketing decision and a production decision by Rockstar Games. And I'm sure they'll have more to say about that in the coming months, but I'll leave it to them as I prefer to do. In terms of the pipeline, we've been very fortunate. As I just said, our workforce has been exceedingly productive (while working from home). And I think we only have announced one delay since this whole tragedy started, that was a delay of Kerbal Space Program 2 to fiscal '22. But apart from that, everything is looking really good and is on track and target, no issues whatsoever."

So, no real Covid delays to the pipeline since WFH started. What, I wonder, was going on? 🤔

Edited by Volatollotalov

6 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

So, no real Covid delays to the pipeline since WFH started.

People assuming delays in development due to WFH most likely never WFH in their life (at least until COVID sh*tfiesta). For programmers etc. WFH is often one of the benefits they receive/request when being hired and quite normal thing.

Of course WFH is good thing to blame when things go to sh*t (see: Cyberpunk crapfiesta), but it rarely is a real reason.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

What, I wonder, was going on?

probably redoing next game from the ground to remove Dan's infuence

or it could be something else

like some four letter company f*cking up resources for devs?

Edited by VCPR Official
additional thoughts
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, VCPR Official said:

probably redoing next game from the ground to remove Dan's infuence

wtf :kekw: 

• KEKW 3

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

19 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

wtf :kekw: 

Well that's what happens when "insiders" are not clear enough.

People jump to conclusions.

2 hours ago, Kris194 said:

How they can be confident on release schedule when situation on worldwide market is so, so bad? GPUs (PC) are unavailable, consoles are unavailable. It's difficult and frustrating time for everyone. Basically every big game has been pushed back to 2022 and I can see Rockstar doing the same thing with E&E.

To be clear, I'm assuming they are "confident", not confirming or expressing their internal thoughts or anything like that.
Announcing the release schedule is the last thing you want to do after all the internal discussions you've had. Plus, the announcement that happened at Sony's event surely says something about how their original intent was to keep up with the arrival of next-gen consoles. I'm sure there was pressure from the upper-management or the executives to reveal it back in June 2020 and Sony is likely involved within these discussions due to the "Free GTAO standalone for 3 months" deal.

Sony recently announced that the amount of PS5 units sold off in 2020 is similar to PS4's launch back in 2013. I believe they would prefer to have the enhanced edition available before December to attract as many new players into getting their own console than the competing side since the holiday season is always a battlefield for these companies.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

29 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

Well that's what happens when "insiders" are not clear enough.

People jump to conclusions.

tenor.gif 

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

7 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

tenor.gif 

It's ok man. We don't know s#@t and some of you do, we get it!

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

6 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

tenor.gif 

you're trying to be funny, when people outside this forum are not sure that R* is making anything not being 9th gen port or updates of their online games;
adding that and Dan's departure you can conclude that GTA is a dead series

that feeling would be thrawted if R* wouldn't be so secretive (which in current situation is detrimental for them, since people are going to conclusions above)

• Like 3

Volatollotalov
1 hour ago, BelegUS said:

People assuming delays in development due to WFH most likely never WFH in their life (at least until COVID sh*tfiesta). For programmers etc. WFH is often one of the benefits they receive/request when being hired and quite normal thing.

Of course WFH is good thing to blame when things go to sh*t (see: Cyberpunk crapfiesta), but it rarely is a real reason.

Well, mocap is the one critical thing that could hold up development while everyone works at home, assuming old assets can't be re-purposed. But yeah, that delay didn't last more than a few months globally and it didn't stop other studios getting things done.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess another possibility is that Rockstar assumed that progress would be heavily delayed when WFH first started, so adjusted their schedule to beef up the contingency. Always ones to grab with both hands the opportunity to spend another nine months getting a title out!

• Like 3

suicidal_banana
2 minutes ago, Potter145 said:

Nobody is talking about remaster anymore? 

Its got its own topic, link at the top of the page ;) 

------------

Can we have the next poll @Spider-Vice ? (like when we think we get next dlc etc)

Because yea, what's your opinions folks? when do we get next? do we get next?? or straight to re-re-release now?

• Like 1

Insoluble Fiber

man i played so much of the 3D era games.. owned multiple copies of the same game on different platforms and also 100'ed all of them at least twice.. If remasters/remake/remix/rewtv are true I don't think I ll purchase them. I ll definetly be intrigued as how they look like but defo don't see a point going further than that. 

If they are coming, I hope it doesn't postpone other releases like gta:o updates or any other new games.

NULL AND VOID
2 hours ago, BelegUS said:

/s - You mean to tell me? If you actually know how to script, model, and code, you don't actually need to leave your home to work? That computer at home will do you just fine? Oh and you've got fiber optic internet with speeds of LIGHT? Hmmm I know people been doin that 20 sum eye years. 

*Corona Virus Intensifies*

Edit: @Uncle Sikee Atric Please do not respond to this posting with a random photo of how cute you are. That is spam. 

Edited by NULL AND VOID

Uncle Sikee Atric
10 minutes ago, NULL AND VOID said:

*Corona Virus Intensifies*

Edit: @Uncle Sikee Atric Please do not respond to this posting with a random photo of how cute you are. That is spam. 

giphy.gif

How do you want me to react?

MOaRJRr.jpg

NULL AND VOID
9 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

giphy.gif

How do you want me to react?

You killed me on that one. 😆 But what else do you want us to do when ya'll dont fix it in the first place? 

Edit: Hey, sorry man. Nothing is wrong and never has been wrong. I'll be quiet and won't spam post. I will do my research before posting in this speculation topic again. 😉

Edited by NULL AND VOID