GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X

Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

949 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?

This poll is closed to new votes

Black-Dragon96
7 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Quick question, pure speculation here, if the island becomes available in free roam, what form should it manifest into?

I know I'm late to the party but personaly, I would prefer to own it.

My own private island that I can drive around on, store additional cars, personal aircraft and boats on.

That I can upgrade with all kinds of stuff to turn it into a party island or a drugfarm or a weird combination of both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaffa said:

I believe it might have been delayed already to be honest, particularly with lockdown "work at home" restrictions and what not. 

Nevertheless you can almost guarantee Take 2 will be wanting it to release exactly as it was originally, originally planned regardless of what Rockstar Games or the rest of the world are up to.

The original plan was to release it this last holiday season, alongside the next-gen consoles. However, the pandemic already affected them which is why they pushed it back to the second half of this year. I think Rockstar is confident this time on the release schedule.

Edited by Tez2

IsekaiExpress
8 minutes ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

My own private island that I can drive around on, store additional cars, personal aircraft and boats on.

That I can upgrade with all kinds of stuff to turn it into a party island or a drugfarm or a weird combination of both.

Same here.
I think that Rockstar tries to predict the path of playerbase desires - as in, "Bogdan has a submarine, I WANT THAT TOO" and, here, "El Rubio has a private island, I WANT THAT TOO."

I think it's only logical.
Rockstar will raise the money plank with the payout we are getting from heists and they want us to spend time and money - and a private island would be a perfect opportunity for that. From a place, that you can customize your boats on (since LS doesn't really have enough space for the variety of private docks locations), to a second hangar, narcotic plantage to run errands for and many expensive things that would make you feel like a narcobaron.

I speculate we will become El Rubio ourselves.

And more than LJT we will receive calls that someone is currently heisting our stash.

I want My own island with My secret stash of realistic steak™️, and boat dock with customization....

I really hope we get march/April dlc, go kart races, plus mall opening with new stores like Didier Sachs, burger shot, cluckin Bell and please Open Bean Machine Coffee!!!, And the opening mall could lead a collab with our Boi Vincent...My humble idea was him involved in some serious gambling debt and we help him out but any story or missions would be Nice....if they Made cayo perico map entirely from Home, a spring update should be very possible 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

The original plan was to release it this last holiday season, alongside the next-gen consoles. However, the pandemic already affected them which is why they pushed it back to the second half of this year. I think Rockstar is confident this time on the release schedule.

If you're 100% serious about E&E supposed to have been already released last year, with Cayo Perico being our first rodeo, then that would've probably been a much weaker position given how it was received when it was finally announced. So here's hoping that buying a years time will allow what will now be the launch of E&E to come packed with something that'll win the fans over, (i.e a new Freeroam map (i.e. a GTA V E&E-ified Liberty City from GTA IV with Non-PvP Lobbies)).

Edited by Cash 4 Clickbait

I think I found something interesting. 7 hours ago, Rockstar North posted a job listing (I know, I know, just give me a sec) for a "Motion Capture R&D Developer". Under the "what we do" section, it says this

• Work with 3rd party hardware companies to progress software and hardware that can be integrated into our pipelines.

Idk about you guys, but to me, that sounds unreal.

1 minute ago, KingDough said:

I think I found something interesting. 7 hours ago, Rockstar North posted a job listing (I know, I know, just give me a sec) for a "Motion Capture R&D Developer". Under the "what we do" section, it says this

• Work with 3rd party hardware companies to progress software and hardware that can be integrated into our pipelines.

Meant to say R* New York, my bad. 

43 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Aye well the original Newswire post about the Expanded & Enhanced version already stated second half of the year, unless they knew in June 2020 that the pandemic was going to cause issues for the company and / or the production of new content for most of the foreseeable future.

I'm just thinking that it's more likely to be Q4 than Q3. We've also no idea if there's going to be more nonsense to deal with over this pandemic, so I'd suggest it's more of a "rush factor" now rather than a "chill out, there's plenty of time" thing. 

I still remember the absolute hoards of people who laughed, suggesting "Expanded & Enhanced will just be the PC graphics and 60fps on the consoles", but it's likely going to be much more than just that. 

Still, I've set my expectations low as then I can be pleasantly surprised, rather than feeling let down. 

Edited by Gaffa

suicidal_banana
37 minutes ago, KingDough said:

Meant to say R* New York, my bad. 

- A multi billion dollar company that has their own bespoke game engine (thats very successful) is never going to do anything with unreal engine, especially with how tencent is turning that once great engine into a f*cking joke of unrealistic demo's.

- 99% sure the 3rd party hardware companies are the likes of oculus sony and valve & this is talking about how to make a playermodel align with somebody's real world body (using only the 3 tracked points of headset and 2 controllers) because we essentially know already that they are making some R* open world game in VR (still unclear if thats going to be a GTA4 remake, the trilogy that everybody and their mom thinks we are getting, or GTA6)

• Like 1

I don't know what happened and at this point I'm too afraid to ask. I just want to point, that as recent events have shown, R*'s OPSEC is tighter than the one of Russian FSB and it's kind of difficult to actually get a line on a true leaks. Maybe we should hire Bellingcat?

For me this topic is a wild beast, some kind of a mix of general chat, speculation and requests in one place despite the fact that there are dedicated topics for these things. And frankly, I like it. It's easier and it's kind of fun.

Edited by Geisterfaust

Damn what the hell just happened here? Guys calm down, it's not the end of the world.

Now something topic-related: I just want they take it serious the E&E releases, with good updates and less greedy stuff, like they have been doing the last year, I love this new GTA Online direction, great heists, ability to do them alone, good payouts... And please do a f*cking proper trailer for E&E, not just a old GTA V and GTA O trailers mix, I really love R* trailers, and that was the worst R* trailer I have ever seen, even Table Tennis trailer was better lol

PD: I really love the GTA IV trailers, they are so thrilling, and at that time 720p  youtube videos was like 4k nowadays

32 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

I really love the GTA IV trailers, they are so thrilling, and at that time 720p  youtube videos was like 4k nowadays

The trailer for TBOGT was one of the best Rockstar trailers of all time for hype!

https://youtu.be/60_qBTMpVxk

Edited by interfreak

2 hours ago, WELLGAMER789 said:

Can't wait... lol

digging old tweets and post is so cancel culture 👎

5 minutes ago, CarimboHanky said:

digging old tweets and post is so cancel culture 👎

In our case, it serves as an example of those who're in the know, letting slip they're in the know, only for R* to change plans down the line resulting in everyone getting pissed off for having too much goddamn faith in those who don't have the final say... after all, we know there WAS some truth to that tweet.

Image result for gta v liberty city

NULL AND VOID

If they released some giant mall interior with some missions from Vincent like what would that DLC even be called? An extension of a previous DLC? 

Pol The Agent
12 minutes ago, NULL AND VOID said:

If they released some giant mall interior with some missions from Vincent like what would that DLC even be called? An extension of a previous DLC? 

Some guy said above it could be part of a police dlc too I think, correct me if i'm wrong.

But now that I think about it, it could also probably be part of some SecuroServ DLC, since Vincent's security guard uniform shows SecuroServ patches, indicating he's a SecuroServ employee, and we've also been working with SecuroServ for a very long while, yes? i'm sure they could use our help with some stuff.

Edited by Pol The Agent
  • Like 1

NULL AND VOID
10 minutes ago, Pol The Agent said:

Some guy said above it could be part of a police dlc too I think, correct me if i'm wrong.

But now that I think about it, it could also probably be part of some SecuroServ DLC, since Vincent's security guard uniform shows SecuroServ patches, indicating he's a SecuroServ employee.

Okay yeah, that makes a little more sense. Since we are already invested into Securoserv in a way... I always thought if they did a CnC update they would let players "buy into" the LSPD. Giving them access to all kinds of new vehicles, weapons, accessories, and interesting details about other players. I am hoping they will let players be the cops and arrest players if possible. Or maybe even assist them in their criminal endeavors? 

I can't wait for something, anything to happen! (Besides another newsire post about a weeny or gosh darn music from red dead 😆 )

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

Pol The Agent
1 minute ago, NULL AND VOID said:

Okay yeah, that makes a little more sense. Since we are already invested into Securoserv in a way... I always thought if they did a CnC update they would let players "buy into" the LSPD. Giving them access to all kinds of new vehicles, weapons, accessories, and interesting details about other players. I am hoping they will let players be the cops and arrest players if possible. Or maybe even assist them in their criminal endeavors? 

I can't wait for something, anything to happen! (Besides another newsire post about a weeny or gosh darn music from red dead 😆 )

You and me are one in that one, brother.

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

VitoCorleone1992
2 hours ago, interfreak said:

The trailer for TBOGT was one of the best Rockstar trailers of all time for hype!

What the AH and Music Locker should have been. 😛

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, NULL AND VOID said:

Ill-Gotten Gains part 3.

Fill the mall with luxury retailers selling expensive pap, and maybe a fairly passive business like the arcade or a pizza delivery one, lol. Add some expensive vehicles and properties along with a bunch of missions, and Bob's ya uncle.

Would love a new arcade social area in there too for pool or bowling etc. :)

Plus, the last DLC for old gen was the 2 IGG ones, would be funny if current gen's last was part 3 before concentrating on next gen. 🤣

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Volatollotalov
3 hours ago, Gaffa said:

Aye well the original Newswire post about the Expanded & Enhanced version already stated second half of the year, unless they knew in June 2020 that the pandemic was going to cause issues for the company and / or the production of new content for most of the foreseeable future.

I'm just thinking that it's more likely to be Q4 than Q3. We've also no idea if there's going to be more nonsense to deal with over this pandemic, so I'd suggest it's more of a "rush factor" now rather than a "chill out, there's plenty of time" thing.

Yeah, back then I heard a reasonably reliable opinion that suggested the final decision to go with Expanded and Enhanced was made not long before the PS5 event in the summer, implying that it was the activation of some kind of 'plan B' because 'plan A' hadn't yet worked out as expected. It might also explain the much derided trailer, which seemed like it had been thrown together last-minute.

By the time of that announcement, folk in the UK studios would have been working from home for about three months. The possibility that some Covid restrictions could be lifted, as indeed they were for a while, was starting to dawn - although the situation in the US was darker for sure. Unless Rockstar had a crystal ball to predict the second, third and fourth waves of the pandemic then it's hard to see why they would push back the release date from December '20 to "the second half of 2021" based at that time on just a quarter of a year of partly disrupted productivity.

Really though who knows what happened behind the scenes, or who was making the decisions, or what premium grade narcotics they were on at the time.

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, interfreak said:

That is hands down THE BEST trailer that they have ever came up with, so awesome!

that one followed by the original Heists trailer for GTAO and the Launch trailer for GTAV back in 2013.

good times, good times..

VitoCorleone1992
53 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

Yeah, back then I heard a reasonably reliable opinion that suggested the final decision to go with Expanded and Enhanced was made not long before the PS5 event in the summer, implying that it was the activation of some kind of 'plan B' because 'plan A' hadn't yet worked out as expected. It might also explain the much derided trailer, which seemed like it had been thrown together last-minute.

By the time of that announcement, folk in the UK studios would have been working from home for about three months. The possibility that some Covid restrictions could be lifted, as indeed they were for a while, was starting to dawn - although the situation in the US was darker for sure. Unless Rockstar had a crystal ball to predict the second, third and fourth waves of the pandemic then it's hard to see why they would push back the release date from December '20 to "the second half of 2021" based at that time on just a quarter of a year of partly disrupted productivity.

Really though who knows what happened behind the scenes, or who was making the decisions, or what premium grade narcotics they were on at the time.

They don't need a crystal ball, it's common (medical) sense that when you have a pandemic at least a 2nd wave will come, and probably at least a 3rd one. But what are people talking about? That E&E was supposed to come already in 2020? But when was the PS5 launched?

14 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Makes sense, the layout just screams "I'm built for the heist".

It would be nice to see it featured within the creator, but if they consider such idea, they may as well just go the extra mile and come up with the Animal Crossing version of GTA Online.

Have your own custom island, customize the mansion with all kinds of interior options and fill it with all your PVs, that's ill-gotten-gains part 3 right there.

My island with a private military base that would be nice

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rburns said:

Nope, the best trailer was this one

What about PC users?

Psh.. you could have at least picked the VC one with "Act Like You Know", or VCS one with "Easy Lover", they are a lot better than that one.

The Ballad Of Gay Tony one is still better than all of them though 👻

Edited by MaddenedGhost
  • Like 1

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE
8 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Who got mad that the topic was going out of control and wanted a topic was you guys, we listened and made one. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Y'all are impressive lol.

Lol you are the good guys here. If the staff member here didn't post off topic rubbish in this thread that usually has hints at upcoming stuff this would never have happened. Isn't it your job to make sure a topic doesn't get out of control?

I was looking at the forum rules and itsn't posting about about a truck the has nothing to do with GTA Online dlcs off-topic and non-contributory and a post that just says soon is a one word post.

• No Spam Off-topic, nonsensical, one word or otherwise pointless and non-contributory posts (such as single GIF or image posts), double posting is frowned upon, and only allowed if necessary. Do not bump a topic unless needed

Also bacisally calling someone a cry baby which is what another staff member did would fall in to this rule just like some of my posts that got deleted were. 

• No Flaming Language or comments that are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational

You staff are the impressive ones just breaking any rule you want and baiting people and then getting pissy when people get upset with your behaviour.

8 hours ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

"You paid $100,000 for private island upkeep and personnel."

8 hours ago, Crateman said:

I really hope we get march/April dlc, go kart races, plus mall opening with new stores like Didier Sachs, burger shot, cluckin Bell and please Open Bean Machine Coffee!!!, And the opening mall could lead a collab with our Boi Vincent...My humble idea was him involved in some serious gambling debt and we help him out but any story or missions would be Nice....if they Made cayo perico map entirely from Home, a spring update should be very possible 

Mall Cops n Crooks

7 hours ago, Geisterfaust said:

I don't know what happened and at this point I'm too afraid to ask. I just want to point, that as recent events have shown, R*'s OPSEC is tighter than the one of Russian FSB and it's kind of difficult to actually get a line on a true leaks. Maybe we should hire Bellingcat?

Bellingcat publishes information given to them by Five Eyes intelligence agencies for the purpose of masquerading it as independently researched information, so hiring them wouldn't be of much use.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Cash 4 Clickbait said:

In our case, it serves as an example of those who're in the know, letting slip they're in the know, only for R* to change plans down the line resulting in everyone getting pissed off for having too much goddamn faith in those who don't have the final say... after all, we know there WAS some truth to that tweet.

Image result for gta v liberty city

Damn...I really would love to see LC in the new RAGE version, I thought that they could do a Three Leaf Clover based heist before CP was announced, making like blocked streets to prevent the player to go further than the LC built area for the heist and in E&E add the entire city for freemode, that were sweet dreams lol

10 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

Damn...I really would love to see LC in the new RAGE version, I thought that they could do a Three Leaf Clover based heist before CP was announced, making like blocked streets to prevent the player to go further than the LC built area for the heist and in E&E add the entire city for freemode, that were sweet dreams lol

even the "newer" version looks outdated already....

rollschuh2282
19 minutes ago, fryday said:

even the "newer" version looks outdated already....

well...looking at the trees and bushes it seems like that it ran on 360/PS3.

15 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

well...looking at the trees and bushes it seems like that it ran on 360/PS3.

Yup, I think that too, that seems to be the original release foliage and not the current gen one, maybe they started doing something but they parked it indefinitely, who knows, strange because I doubt that PS4 and Xbox One could handle that seing how much they struggle with CP and that was been made in the PS3/X360 engine, it's impossible that PS3/X360 could handle a new entire city in the game