2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X

Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

949 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

Ok...let's see one thing...in order for them to make a remastered trilogy means that we will need to have 5 new maps: LC, VC, LS, SF and LV. Doesn't this looks a little too much? Bcz, not only the amount of maps is the problem, we need to ask this next: what kind of cities? Same size and basically same ones from the trilogy but only with better textures, or modern ones? Like, would we going to have in GTA San Andreas the same LS from GTA San Andreas or GTA V? If LS from GTA V, then, it means they needed to make the same kind of work for the other cities, so GTA 3 with LC from GTA IV, GTA SA with LS from GTA V plus new SF and LV and for GTA Vice City, a new VC map. I don't know...if a remaster will come i would bet that they will give us the same reduced scale cities, bcz it would be so much work that, if that remastered trilogy is to come before GTA 6, then GTA 6 would only come in 2026 or something like that. Doesn't a map take some years to do, like the experts in the subject say? So, i don't feel like they would be able to create 3 new maps (SF, LV, VC) to add to the ones that we alrady have an HD version: LS and LC (which would need some texture polishments).

Rockstar is a huge company with a lot of studios under their belt. Leeds, Toronto etc.

If modders can remake the old cities in HD imagine what an official Rockstar remake would look like.

Also remakes sell well. Resident evil 2 sold more than 6 million copies, Mafia,Spyro, Crash... They all sold well. The Crash trilogy revived the Crash Bandicoot franchise. 

So if you really think about it it makes sense for them to release these games with a full price tag. They can easily move at least 10 million units in that price tag. More money just by remaking those games..

Btw Spyro took around 1 year of development. That's for 3 semi open world games with map variety, different enemy types, different dragon types etc.

So it's not that impossible for Rockstar to remake those games in the same timeframe.

Edited by Dourvas

VitoCorleone1992
16 minutes ago, DazC123 said:

Maybe it’s just going to be GTA 3 remake using GTA IVs LC. I mean it’s the 20th anniversary this year. Then maybe the other two on their anniversaries.

I dunno everything up in the air, we probably won’t get any remaster/remake at all.

14 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

Rockstar is a huge company with a lot of studios under their belt. Leeds, Toronto etc.

If modders can remake the old cities in HD imagine what an official Rockstar remake would look like.

Also remakes sell well. Resident evil 2 sold more than 6 million copies, Mafia,Spyro, Crash... They all sold well. The Crash trilogy revived the Crash Bandicoot franchise. 

So if you really think about it it makes sense for them to release these games with a full price tag. They are gonna move at least 10 million units in that price tag. More money just by remaking those games..

Btw Spyro took around 1 year of development. That's for 3 semi open world games with map variety, different enemy types, different dragon types etc.

So it's not that impossible for Rockstar to remake those games.

Not saying they haven't the resources for that, bcz ofc they have. All i'm saying is the amount of time that it takes to create a new city map. But like Daz said, maybe it will be one per year depending of the year of release so it would be GTA 3 in 2021, VC in 2022 and SA in 2024 and yeah...that gives room to finish GTA 6, and maybe they will re-utilize the same cities of those remastered version in GTA 6, since there's some theories/rumours that it will have all the cities presented in all the gta titles. But, onme thing is for sure, i guess that would be a nice touch to not just re-release the games in HD version but making clear some questions that get an open ending, for instances, in GTA 3, what about Donald's Love dissapearence, that  shot in the credits, etc., and why not make some cut missions in those gta's that didn't got througt the final version. We know R* thinks ahead, so maybe those maps were already being made for some years and then, they thought: "ok, this will be the cities presented in GTA 6, so...meanwhile, why not do remastered version of the old 3D era trilogy using those maps?" Thinking that way, it makes sense.

Edited by VitoCorleone1992

Or we get it in chapters, much like we see in popular franchises these days. So year 1 we get the full map of San Andreas, year 2 Liberty Stats or whatever etc.

At this point I mainly wish (not hope, since it won't happen), that R* expands the city of Los Santos with a bunch of neighbourhoods to the east based on orange county. Would add some much needed extra gang turfs and locations away from the city centre. 

But where does this rumor come from? The most likely thing will be a 4k upscale, and a high definition UI. You're all talking about trilogy, nobody cares about Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories on PC for the first time? and if it's a real remake, imagine the monstrous work to redo all the assets and the sounds...For 3 complete games! It's crazy. Also, they'll have to rethink the gameplay from scratch if they do that. That means they are redoing 3 GTA, from scratch (if true). Ok they don't need to redo the script but still, if you redo all the graphic part, you do the sound part too, either they had high quality recordings, or they have to re-record from scratch, call back the actors and so on...

remaster -> ok maybe but remake -> doubt

36 minutes ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

Ok...let's see one thing...in order for them to make a remastered trilogy means that we will need to have 5 new maps: LC, VC, LS, SF and LV. Doesn't this looks a little too much? Bcz, not only the amount of maps is the problem, we need to ask this next: what kind of cities? Same size and basically same ones from the trilogy but only with better textures, or modern ones? Like, would we going to have in GTA San Andreas the same LS from GTA San Andreas or GTA V? If LS from GTA V, then, it means they needed to make the same kind of work for the other cities, so GTA 3 with LC from GTA IV, GTA SA with LS from GTA V plus new SF and LV and for GTA Vice City, a new VC map. I don't know...if a remaster will come i would bet that they will give us the same reduced scale cities, bcz it would be so much work that, if that remastered trilogy is to come before GTA 6, then GTA 6 would only come in 2026 or something like that. Doesn't a map take some years to do, like the experts in the subject say? So, i don't feel like they would be able to create 3 new maps (SF, LV, VC) to add to the ones that we alrady have an HD version: LS and LC (which would need some texture polishments).

depends they technically san andreas was already remastered for 360  and vc 3 for phone . 

all three look a lot better  but if this is true a polish is all we are getting more stable frame rate better draw distance. 

enhanced versions of the mobile ports for current and new systems . 

rockstar will package probably like they did back in the day its an improvement anyway vc 3 and sa are all just ps2 versions on ps4/ps5 

and x box only has sa . 

anything else is delusion . 

ask yourself this why would rockstar remake 3d games when they already hd versions of lc sa and vice city for 6 . 

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Seriously? There is nothing to talk about a possible remaster as much I as I want it to. Strauss just gave us and that shareholder a vague answer about R* release announcements. Even with the acquirement of ruffian, theyre probably in charge of the more smaller resources to ad to the next title  of release.  

VitoCorleone1992
14 minutes ago, seth297 said:

depends they technically san andreas was already remastered for 360  and vc 3 for phone . 

all three look a lot better  but if this is true a polish is all we are getting more stable frame rate better draw distance. 

enhanced versions of the mobile ports for current and new systems . 

rockstar will package probably like they did back in the day its an improvement anyway vc 3 and sa are all just ps2 versions on ps4/ps5 

and x box only has sa . 

anything else is delusion . 

ask yourself this why would rockstar remake 3d games when they already hd versions of lc sa and vice city for 6 . 

Bcz like i said in the last lines, basically:

image-127-cke.jpg

Main reason is bcz they want to make gta 6 the best they can. So, if the maps are already done, why not use them to insert the 3D trilogy there? Just for people to get distracted for the next 3 years (if that's the time that still left for GTA 6 to come) but main reason, to get money in their pockets of course...and that would sell like hot cakes, thus, i don't see now such a bad idea if those remastered versions are indeed to become a thing.
And yeah...those portable versions where just some enhancements, like polished graphics but nonethless they were the same old graphical system of the early 2000's.

Obs.: What they could do would be making a PC version for the "Stories" franchise, LC and VC. Just bcz it would be cool and nice from their part. 😛

Edited by VitoCorleone1992

Itscoming2020
2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

It has nothing to do with the showcase as it hadn't even been announced or even known that Epic did these (at least I didn't) when the tag was first added, I'll tell you that. lol.

and whats the reason ? 😛

5 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

Seriously? There is nothing to talk about a possible remaster as much I as I want it to. Strauss just gave us and that shareholder a vague answer about R* release announcements. Even with the acquirement of ruffian, theyre probably in charge of the more smaller resources to ad to the next title  of release.  

Idk man to be honest after hearing Strauss answer to the question,that was actually the moment i started believing in those rumors. 

He could drop a plain " check Rockstars Newswire" or "these games are already available for ps4 and Ios"

Instead he said that the question was Encouraging and he prefers to leave it as a statement instead of question.

Also the situation with this forum...

First of all admins here wouldn't risk their rep again after last years March massacre.

Secondly last time they teased something i turned out to be true (the island dlc).

Plus their teasing aint low key. Its transparent as f#_(" this time around...

If you combine all of the puzzle pieces then maybe this time something is indeed going on.

I am no insider, i know as much as you do but i can tell that when you got smoke you have a frickin fire somewhere...

• Like 2

Russi4nW4rrior
2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

It has nothing to do with the showcase as it hadn't even been announced or even known that Epic did these (at least I didn't) when the tag was first added, I'll tell you that. lol.

Can you or anyone else atleast tell us what the tag isn’t for? Please tell me this isn’t some exclusivity bullsh*t. 

As nice as it would be, I really can't see R* doing a full scale re-mastered version of any old title. It doesn't really make commercial sense. You'd have to invest a lot of time completely re-rendering all the models to bring them up to current days standard. And at that point, you'd have to question why you don't put that energy, effort and money into a new title. Maybe they'd do a small scale repackage of old games - but bringing it up to RDR2 graphics quality? I doubt it.

What does make sense is that with the E&E arriving for PC and the new console generation is for them to expand the map and add extra cities - which could quite possibly be LC, VC, LV, SF etc. They'll obviously not want to move players out of GTA Online, that brings in all the money, but they'll also need to find a way to keep it fresh. That is the natural solution to the big challenge they face, once the hardware can cope with it.

I have always said that R* should do more SP story content for their cities. Most of the investment is in the models, I see no reason why they shouldn't do a bit more scripting and acting etc to get the most out of the underlying investment in the open world. So if the add the old cities to GTA Online, why not add the old story modes back in? Well I guess the problem is, even if you lifted the old audio files, all the motion capture would need to be re-done to work with the new models. At that point, you're back where you should be asking your self whether you'd be better off just doing a brand new story.

So basically, I don't see a full scale remaster of old games happening. Small scale repackaging, or extra cities added GTA O I can buy being on the menu for the future.

• Like 2

VitoCorleone1992
47 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

As nice as it would be, I really can't see R* doing a full scale re-mastered version of any old title. It doesn't really make commercial sense. You'd have to invest a lot of time completely re-rendering all the models to bring them up to current days standard. And at that point, you'd have to question why you don't put that energy, effort and money into a new title. Maybe they'd do a small scale repackage of old games - but bringing it up to RDR2 graphics quality? I doubt it.

What does make sense is that with the E&E arriving for PC and the new console generation is for them to expand the map and add extra cities - which could quite possibly be LC, VC, LV, SF etc. They'll obviously not want to move players out of GTA Online, that brings in all the money, but they'll also need to find a way to keep it fresh. That is the natural solution to the big challenge they face, once the hardware can cope with it.

I have always said that R* should do more SP story content for their cities. Most of the investment is in the models, I see no reason why they shouldn't do a bit more scripting and acting etc to get the most out of the underlying investment in the open world. So if the add the old cities to GTA Online, why not add the old story modes back in? Well I guess the problem is, even if you lifted the old audio files, all the motion capture would need to be re-done to work with the new models. At that point, you're back where you should be asking your self whether you'd be better off just doing a brand new story.

So basically, I don't see a full scale remaster of old games happening. Small scale repackaging, or extra cities added GTA O I can buy being on the menu for the future.

Maybe all that teasing of Mach1bud, i guess it was him, about "i'm expecting this for many years" can mean the first gta 6 teaser, who knows?
The problem with them investing in more SP content around sand box, is the fact that...it would serve for few players, only the anti social type, bcz, why adding so much content to a sand box game to play it alone? Idk...gta san andreas was the first real sand box game, of the 3D era, bcz you had stuff to do during the game story if you wanted to take a break or after the you finish the story, but at some point i felt quite boring bcz you get that loneliness feeling. And i will not even talk about III and VC, basically you did the missions and out of there you would basically just go into killing spree of civilians, gangs, or invading the police pursuits. For some reason, maybe today there's more online games that gamaes that are only SP, at least, the "mainstream" ones.

VitoCorleone1992

Ok, so...nothing here of Epic Games about GTA...guess this was a trolling from the admins.

I kinda wonder if these remakes aren’t really gta6 in progress. Rehash all the maps and jam them all together into a scalable single entity they can add to and endlessly polish up every time a new console generation launches. I keep coming back to “project americas” implying multiple cities, and the ssds in the next genn consoles making that implementable for the first time. 

less a sequel and more a snowball?

1 hour ago, coelacanth72 said:

I kinda wonder if these remakes aren’t really gta6 in progress. Rehash all the maps and jam them all together into a scalable single entity they can add to and endlessly polish up every time a new console generation launches. I keep coming back to “project americas” implying multiple cities, and the ssds in the next genn consoles making that implementable for the first time. 

less a sequel and more a snowball?

gta 6 is its own thing project americas is us going to sa for some missions  cayo perico hint basically confirmed that. 

assuming this rumour is true its a polish at best 

3 hours ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

Ok, so...nothing here of Epic Games about GTA...guess this was a trolling from the admins.

He even quoted you directly.

hYezhdv.png

3 hours ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

Ok, so...nothing here of Epic Games about GTA...guess this was a trolling from the admins

A point that people have raised is the possibility of Rockstar using the Unreal Engine for such a project... now I don't know real-time & game engines, so I'd assume there's probably something up with the RAGE Engine that would be a massive headache on the tech side. On the industry side of things, I could imagine that if R* Dundee are working on such a project, rather than trying to get the in-house RAGE Engine up and running in a new studio while said studio is in a work-from-home scenario it'd be easier to just use an Engine the team will be familiar with to hit the ground running. Seeing that R* Dundee are at least over 1/3 something I was checking for, there is a verifiable 100% chance that those in the Game Engine department, know how to not just "use" but "work with" the Unreal Engine.

Edited by Cash 4 Clickbait

3 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Well tomorrow is the big day.

This truck of yours better sound good, everyone is hyped to finally hear it. 

8 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

going bowling with roman in 4k thats the dream dont think it will happen do lol

15 minutes ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

interesting

his truck will be ready tomorrow

Paradise  GIF                                                                                                                                                                             

1 hour ago, Mach1bud said:

Is this about your truck? I know it's almost ready to fire the engine up

Russi4nW4rrior
2 hours ago, Cash 4 Clickbait said:

A point that people have raised is the possibility of Rockstar using the Unreal Engine for such a project... now I don't know real-time & game engines, so I'd assume there's probably something up with the RAGE Engine that would be a massive headache on the tech side. On the industry side of things, I could imagine that if R* Dundee are working on such a project, rather than trying to get the in-house RAGE Engine up and running in a new studio while said studio is in a work-from-home scenario it'd be easier to just use an Engine the team will be familiar with to hit the ground running. Seeing that R* Dundee are at least over 1/3 something I was checking for, there is a verifiable 100% chance that those in the Game Engine department, know how to not just "use" but "work with" the Unreal Engine.

Then wouldn't the tag on here be "Unreal" or "Unreal Engine". Displaying it as "Epic Games" makes me real nervous. It makes me feel like what ever is coming be it E&E, remakes, or whatever will be a timed exclusive to EGS which would suck real hard. I just wish someone here would say something about that part in particular.

NULL AND VOID
2 hours ago, philipg193 said:

Is this about your truck? I know it's almost ready to fire the engine up

What engine?!!!11 RAGE engine????

Yep, the rumors were true. GTA IV remaster for Samsung smart fridges 2027