1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

937 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeltaV20

• Thomas The Dank Engine

• Kernel

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, the GTAO article got yeeted. The timing was weird to be honest, it's been in preparation for over 6 hours, so definitely something prepared for Thursday or Friday.

Damn, looking at the results of this poll, it seems like a lot of people will be disappointed. 

Quick update, the feed page that shows "Cayo Perico Heist Coming December 15" now expires this Monday. Interesting change, not sure if this is more of a cover up move to shake us off or if it doe

symphonight

BTW you can also lay down in the game. Trevor do this on the wing of the plane in SP when you have to espace.

• Like 1
Frivolous_Raven
15 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

The current RAGE version used in GTA V supports crouching and it's even mentioned in a config file and can be enabled. It was a design decision not to include it.

It can be supported in the game sure, but it's not an engine thing, it's a mechanic. It needs a trigger event, animation, etc

Spider-Vice
2 minutes ago, Frivolous_Raven said:

It can be supported in the game sure, but it's not an engine thing, it's a mechanic. It needs a trigger event, animation, etc

I know, I was agreeing with you. :p Point was, it's a mechanic, not engine related, and a change won't affect it, but out of curiosity - V does support it it's just disabled*, therefore it was indeed a design decision.

*and it works if you set it to true, but with limitations, as it wasn't finished or intended to be so.

• Like 1
Frivolous_Raven
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I know, I was agreeing with you. :p Point was, it's a mechanic, not engine related, and a change won't affect it, but out of curiosity - V does support it it's just disabled*, therefore it was indeed a design decision.

*and it works if you set it to true, but with limitations, as it wasn't finished or intended to be so.

Oh yeah, absolutely. It was probably intended somewhere in development, and maybe even if they just set it to true, it can work fine, we don't know. It's usually not that simple though, the amount of bugs and glitches that can come out of that is significant.

Frivolous_Raven
18 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Tommy Vercetti could crouch :)

He couldn't swim though ;)

• Like 3
LeakyLine
21 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Tommy Vercetti could crouch :)

Yeah, and then he could be defeated easily because his dumb ass crouched on a knee and couldn't move. It wasn't until 1992 when local Los Santos man Carl Johnson discovered one's movement is still possible when crouched.

• Like 1
TheJesus1996

More inmersion would work for the single player experience but idk if Online players care about that.

Frivolous_Raven

Animations wouldn't change, more like volumetrics, lighting, water maybe, vegetation maybe. Animations are not part of the engine, they are mocaped for the GTA character skeletons, which are probably different than RDR's

• Like 1
SinZer0s

Crouching is definitely a feature I miss, I've been in a few situations both PVP and PVE where I could've used the crouch function to save my ass.

Another cool detail I sorta miss from IV was this little animation where characters would slide or roll into cover if the button was pressed from afar to cover the distance quickly. In V the only thing the characters do is those little quick steps which most of the time made me die, resulting in me preferring to keep running, spam rolling and pray that I don't get blasted before I make it.

• Like 2
Lonely-Martin
8 minutes ago, TheJesus1996 said:

More inmersion would work for the single player experience but idk if Online players care about that.

I do, and sure many others too. 

Trouble is, with an online game like this, it's easy for others to break our immersion unfortunately.

• Like 1
aad9091
3 minutes ago, SinZer0s said:

Crouching is definitely a feature I miss, I've been in a few situations both PVP and PVE where I could've used the crouch function to save my ass.

I think I used the sticky cover in RDR2 and RDO two or maybe three times. Crouching behind a cover feels so much better.

Frivolous_Raven

I don't think they would change a core mechanic of the game... I wouldn't hold my breath if you want crouching on GTA V

aad9091
6 minutes ago, Frivolous_Raven said:

I don't think they would change a core mechanic of the game... I wouldn't hold my breath if you want crouching on GTA V

I don't think either, but is nice to speculate.... and dream.

Frivolous_Raven
1 minute ago, aad9091 said:

I don't think either, but is nice to speculate.... and dream.

Well, sure. I hope Im proved wrong, but an engine update for gtav, even though likely, wouldn't change the game a lot in terms of gameplay, only visuals (volumetrics, particles, procedural deformation, maybe water and vegetation). Also performance and stability of course.  

Balancing, core mechanics, animations, UI, that would basically be the same.

SinZer0s
9 minutes ago, aad9091 said:

I think I used the sticky cover in RDR2 and RDO two or maybe three times. Crouching behind a cover feels so much better.

It's amazing how the crouching can still be useful even with the cover function present, it really makes the combat a little more fluid.

Oh and I can't forget either how in V as soon as you get out of cover you automatically stand up again leaving you vulnerable if you wanted to do a quick run to another surface for cover since there's no manual crouching.

• Like 2
Piro
8 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Expect the unexpected.

In enhanced version you can destroy wooden poles and dual wield weapons

• Like 1
Classique
8 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Expect the unexpected.

This is it boys, the Karin Snipe is gonna be added.

• Like 6
  • KEKW 4
  • excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1
Max 1985

The Mile High Club will be added with next gen.. :D I know there is a some missions there.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
FannoF
6 minutes ago, Max 1985 said:

The Mile High Club will be added with next gen.. :D I know there is a some missions there.

So I played the SP again last few weeks, and when you have to steal the FIB floor plan an npc actually says “...well it’s a government funded project...” so I don’t ever expect it to become a (possibly illegal) club. 

but if R* would want they could obviously still make it a club but I definitely don’t see them doing that. 

rollschuh2282
3 hours ago, Frivolous_Raven said:

Oh yeah, absolutely. It was probably intended somewhere in development, and maybe even if they just set it to true, it can work fine, we don't know. It's usually not that simple though, the amount of bugs and glitches that can come out of that is significant.

would require a bit more work than just setting it to true.

bc curently stealth has higher priority in the game and will won´t let you crouch when both enabled.

of course that would be something they could change.

but then there is that crouch basicly uses the cover animations.

so they would probs make new cover specific animations etc.

Timsalabimbo
32 minutes ago, Max 1985 said:

One more got added there with the last update. Mile High Club is never going to happen.

• YEE 1
Polynoid

Why replacing a masterpiece of digital art, that is a construction site, with a simple shape of plain cube?

• Like 4
kraftwerkd
On 1/10/2021 at 5:39 AM, V said:

Yeah, the engine upgrade is quite an interesting idea, that made me come up with a worse one.

I know this is far-farfetched and but it's a thought I had yesterday and shared with a friend that made them go "huh" so putting it here to provoke more "huh"s and more likely be proven wrong.

So what if, GTA Online never goes away?

Well, Rockstar are releasing GTA:O as a standalone game in later 2021, so there's your answer. It's a perpetual, always-on and constantly updated game for the foreseeable future.

AUScowboy

If they're going to change/add to the map, I'd rather see it done in the top half of the map. Specifically in Paleto. I'm not talking about a skyscraper, but just add some more stuff to do. Chiliad is too big, if they scaled it down by even a quarter they could add all kinds of stuff. Obviously that's probably next to impossible, just saying, if they had to redesign the game from scratch Chiliad and Josiah could both benefit the surrounding areas by being scaled down a bit. I'm still butthurt that there was no secret base below Zancudo/Josiah (so much for a Chiliad mystery, eh?).

Edited by AUScowboy
TheJesus1996

Mount Josiah adds nothing to the map, there's nothing there, not even a easter egg.

• Like 2
LaszloR1
3 hours ago, FannoF said:

So I played the SP again last few weeks, and when you have to steal the FIB floor plan an npc actually says “...well it’s a government funded project...” so I don’t ever expect it to become a (possibly illegal) club.

The bunker business is government funded as well and doesn't seem too legal to me. But then again it is the USA.

Edited by LaszloR1
kraftwerkd
16 minutes ago, LaszloR1 said:

The bunker business is government funded as well and doesn't seem to legal to me. But then again it is the USA.

Just listen to what Lester has to say in the finale of Act 3 of the Doomsday Heist, lol. Seems like most gov't sites in San An aren't exactly "by the book".

• Like 2
MusicMan05
5 hours ago, Frivolous_Raven said:

Well, sure. I hope Im proved wrong, but an engine update for gtav, even though likely, wouldn't change the game a lot in terms of gameplay, only visuals (volumetrics, particles, procedural deformation, maybe water and vegetation). Also performance and stability of course.  

Balancing, core mechanics, animations, UI, that would basically be the same.

An update to the Euphoria Engine can change the way the characters rag doll.

Edited by MusicMan05