2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X

Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

949 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeltaV20

• Thomas The Dank Engine

• Kernel

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, the GTAO article got yeeted. The timing was weird to be honest, it's been in preparation for over 6 hours, so definitely something prepared for Thursday or Friday.

Damn, looking at the results of this poll, it seems like a lot of people will be disappointed. 

Quick update, the feed page that shows "Cayo Perico Heist Coming December 15" now expires this Monday. Interesting change, not sure if this is more of a cover up move to shake us off or if it doe

Just now, Crateman said:

Iam a proud PC player, the vast majority of US don't use mod menus or hack tools to fock up the lobbies, and we Will receive the enhanced and expanded versión (free or for a price) Will have to see that, it's hilarious to see how people doubt of this since Rockstar clearly stated that in the newswire

Same, I get angry when people say all PC players are modders, I never used a mod menu, I´m not using it and I will never use it because you can´t and it´s unfair, and most players are like that, legit players that have got everything in a legit way, grinding and doing hard work to get that money the same as console players, but people love to focus on that minority of cheaters and modders that love to f*ck the rest of the players and say all PC players are like that...

• Like 4
On 1/8/2021 at 11:01 PM, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Motor Wars on Cayo Perico, calling it now.

where we droppin bois?

with the bushes been made of the same material as the beach volleyball net, i dont think it will work BUT given the size of the island, i think some sort of battle royale mode could work there.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:45 AM, Tez2 said:

@alloc8or found out new structs that were added with the recent update relating to the standalone version and one of them is "rage::fwuiMessageBase", which is from RDR2's RAGE version, so that seems to go along what @Spider-Vice & @uNi stated, that the enhanced edition is likely to utilize RDR2's RAGE version. However, it could just be that the UI would utilize RDR2's base code, while the rest remains the same.

The rest of the new structs are listed here:

The interesting one is "CHasCharacterToTransferDecisionPage" that seems to confirm character transfers will be available once the enhanced edition eventually releases.

I have been playing for this week and let me tell you: That version of the RAGE does SO MANY good things that this archaic, outdated version doesn't do it's a night and day difference.

Graphics, textures(grass actually looks like grass), character movement(still tanky, but much more fluid and works better for gunfights), volumetric clouds and so many other little things here and there...

In fact, yesterday I caught myself wondering how much better GTA as whole would be with this version of the engine...carrying dead bodies around would be fun for some experiments :)

If they are using RDR2 RAGE for GTAO then I'm definitely upgrading to next gen in one or two years from now because the leap will be worth it.

6 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

Same, I get angry when people say all PC players are modders, I never used a mod menu, I´m not using it and I will never use it because you can´t and it´s unfair, and most players are like that, legit players that have got everything in a legit way, grinding and doing hard work to get that money the same as console players, but people love to focus on that minority of cheaters and modders that love to f*ck the rest of the players and say all PC players are like that...

I could not agree more, i feel the same, Nice to see this kind of posts :sigh:

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

remember the modding issue is not only present in gtao, throughout the history of gaming, pc have been more prone to the use of tools.

i played exclusively on pc from 1998 til around 2009 and the amount of modders i came across on all my games(age of empires, rainbow six rogue spear, decent, unreal tournament, etc etc etc) gives the impression that you have to mod to be able to compete because everyone else seem to be doing it, this view has not changed one bit.

so while its unfair for legit players to be labeled, its also fair for others to think you are probably modding(oxymoron i know)

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
26 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

I have been playing for this week and let me tell you: That version of the RAGE does SO MANY good things that this archaic, outdated version doesn't do it's a night and day difference.

Graphics, textures(grass actually looks like grass), character movement(still tanky, but much more fluid and works better for gunfights), volumetric clouds and so many other little things here and there...

In fact, yesterday I caught myself wondering how much better GTA as whole would be with this version of the engine...carrying dead bodies around would be fun for some experiments :)

If they are using RDR2 RAGE for GTAO then I'm definitely upgrading to next gen in one or two years from now because the leap will be worth it.

I don't think you understand how engines works. Old projects can be loaded with new version of the engine. If GTA V gets rebuilt with the new version of the engine, it doesn't mean that the game will have volumetric clouds, better graphics, better textures etc.

Edited by MrPhillips
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

I don't think you understand how engines works. Old projects can be loaded with new version of the engine. If GTA V gets rebuilt with the new version of the engine, it doesn't mean that the game will have volumetric clouds, better graphics, better textures etc.

I understand, but all things considered I dont think they will be stupid enough to not overhaul and upgrade the things I mentioned, if it's just the same game without the technical issues it has, then there isn't much of a selling point to the average consumer who doesn't care about any of that.

• Like 5

RDR2 was horrendously clunky, particularly if you had to go to a certain spot and then press a button to interact with someone/something.

More recent updates in GTA online seems to have followed suite.

I hope an upgrade to the newer engine doesn't make that worse.

I imagine a port of GTA V/Online would result in some interesting changes. I don't see them changing the movment or driving physics too much, but I would love to see a more updated take on the cover and shooting systems in game, and of course some large graphical/engine based upgrades. First person felt more fleshed out in RDR2 compared to GTA Online, so hopefully we see some notable changes there as well.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MrPhillips said:

We want crouching mane 

GTA V on new RDR2 new engine is definitely a possibility, but are Rockstar willing to go through the time and effort needed to make it happen. Here is what they said when they released GTA V on the PS4 & XBX1 and PC

“We’ve spent more man-hours on this than most games get from start to finish,” says Rockstar Games art director Aaron Garbut. He describes the “sheer volume of work” as the main similarity between bringing GTA V to new-generation consoles and PC and making a game from scratch.
On the art side we’ve taken another look at every asset in the game,” he continues. “From additional dressing and detailing of the world, to looking at every prop and increasing their resolution, or even starting from scratch where appropriate.”
"...Every weapon has been entirely redone with far, far more detail. Almost every animation has been redone. Every car has been modelled with a higher level of detail and a full interior and the world as a whole has had much more detail added.”

But this was in 2014, only 1 Year after GTA V's original release. Rockstar will need to start again but this time upgrade an additional 8 years worth of content as well. If they were to make it happen that would turn GTA V into a new game and could pump a few more years into it. Personally, the only way this could be worth the effort is if GTA 6 is still in early development (Early as in 1-2 years since beginning).

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, eyman said:

Personally, the only way this could be worth the effort is if GTA 6 is still in early development (Early as in 1-2 years since beginning).

GTA 6 has been in development(not full development, mind you) since 2016, if I'm not mistaken.

Just now, Pedinhuh said:

GTA 6 has been in development(not full development, mind you) since 2016, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah so this is not worth it imo. You do all this effort only to release GTA 6 in about 2 years time.

21 minutes ago, eyman said:

Yeah so this is not worth it imo. You do all this effort only to release GTA 6 in about 2 years time.

The thing is, we dont know when GTA 6 is going to be released, could very well be 6 years from now, for all I know.

And it's worth to remember that so far we know that only the standalone GTAO is going to have this newer engine...Which likely means that they could be doing said development to port over the GTA 6 map to this Online version.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:19 AM, el carlitos said:

Nice, enhanced version speculation for the next few months.

So what is the improvement from RDR2´s RAGE version? What changes can we expect? What does it include? Does somehone have some examples?

I didn´t play RDR2 myself.

With 800+hrs in GTAV and 100 in RDR2 both on PC I can say without a doubt the trees, shrubs, water, animals, and character animations are better in RDR2, in every way.  And things like searcheable cabinets and such inside buildings, it is more immersive to me.

20210102214716_1.jpg?width=884&height=49

edit: well this certainly aged well:

On 1/7/2015 at 3:47 PM, On2wheels said:

Yes because of the lack of news makes me feel the game won't be relevant for long after release.

Edited by On2wheels
18 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

The thing is, we dont know when GTA 6 is going to be released, could very well be 6 years from now, for all I know.

And it's worth to remember that so far we know that only the standalone GTAO is going to have this newer engine...Which likely means that they could be doing said development to port over the GTA 6 map to this Online version.

Agreed, it would seem that online is being split from single player to enable the "expanding world" philosphy - in other words if the current online stayed on an old engine it would be difficult to add the next version to online - either it would have to be based on the old engine or you'd need to run 2 engines depending on which map was in use.

So, given next gen is here, upgrade it now, sell a bunch of copies of the upgraded version, then when VI comes along you're ready to go.

19 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

read the first paragraph again its GTA V as a whole. Not just GTA Online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61603/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-to-New-Generation-Consoles-in-2021

Also GTA Online standalone will probs be the same as standalone RDO. For those that are new and are only interested in Online but want to save money

• Like 1

If GTA V and GTAO really go RAGE 2.0, I really f*cking hope at the very least we can FINALLY, FINALLY, TRULY CROUCH/PRONE. It would be so cool and nifty to be able to do this in freeroam, missions, heists etc. instead of, y'know - cosplaying the Hunchback of Notre Dame whenever you enter "stealth". I mean come on, at least crouching like in RDR2.

also future heists please retain the Cayo Perico Heist looting animations, I can look at them for hours on end, please & thankyou !

Side note - wonder if raytracing will be introduced on E&E? It's not important to me, I don't care honestly, but it seems cool.

• Like 5

That's a pretty good idea bcz gta online will be respectively listed with CS GO ,DOTA 2 etc games category (which don't requires a sequel) and R* can keep updating it with Latest RAGE (not with VI RAGE until 2024 imo) 

• Like 1

The crouching has apparently been there since release, it's just disabled. There's a command for it within the game configuration. I don't know how long has that command existed, but it's certainly been there for quite the time. As for why it's disabled, I think that's a design choice, not one limited by technical limitations.

It's probably one of those ideas that sounded cool on paper, but didn't in game.

Edited by Tez2
9 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

The crouching has apparently been there since release, it's just disabled. There's a command for it within the game configuration. I don't know how long has that command existed, but it's certainly been there for quite the time. As for why it's disabled, I think that's a design choice, not one limited by technical limitations.

It's probably one of those ideas that sounded cool on paper, but didn't in game.

Its sh*tty because you see NOOSE and other AI utilize the feature occasionally, which sometimes offers them some pretty solid concealment during a firefight. I could see why they didn't use the feature, as it seems pretty unfinished since it appears to be a stationary crouch and not one where you can move around freely.

Edited by Cavot
Cash 4 Clickbait
15 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Any trace of the originally intended control for it?

Edited by Cash 4 Clickbait
  • Like 1

well well well...looks like cayo perico airport now exists irl.

it was originally canouan airport.
but now someone renamed it.
:D 

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Cayo+Perico+Airport/@12.6991766,-61.3512611,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8c38826ccd243f89:0x6cce82d64ee0178e!8m2!3d12.6991766!4d-61.3425064?hl=en

Cash 4 Clickbait
4 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

Bit of digging in the right place, I've found their terminal intercom music playlist... there's only one track;

3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

3 hours ago, Cash 4 Clickbait said:

Any trace of the originally intended control for it?

3 hours ago, Cavot said:

Its sh*tty because you see NOOSE and other AI utilize the feature occasionally, which sometimes offers them some pretty solid concealment during a firefight. I could see why they didn't use the feature, as it seems pretty unfinished since it appears to be a stationary crouch and not one where you can move around freely.

it was part of the gameconfig since release iirc.

<UseVehicleBurnoutTexture>CB_TRUE</UseVehicleBurnoutTexture>
                <AllowCrouchedMovement>CB_FALSE</AllowCrouchedMovement>
                <AllowParachuting>CB_TRUE</AllowParachuting>
                <AllowStealthMovement>CB_TRUE</AllowStealthMovement>

as you can see crouched movement is set to false.

sadly stealth has a higher priority than crouch even with both set to true.

and imo it looks more like the crouch was just a test.

bc it seems to use the in-cover animations.

8 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

:D 

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Cayo+Perico+Airport/@12.6991766,-61.3512611,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8c38826ccd243f89:0x6cce82d64ee0178e!8m2!3d12.6991766!4d-61.3425064?hl=en

Look at the reviews lol

"Very nice island, really enjoyed the views and parties. highly recommend it! Also I suggest to other islands to invest in bushes instead of guards, a lot less cheap and more solid!"

• KEKW 1
SwishiestRock29
7 hours ago, Tez2 said:

To add on to that I think if they add crouching to gta 5 and online it will be terrible. People are forgetting the rage engine has an issue with crouching. I’m talking about the crouch spam assault shotgun exploit the tbogt and Lancaster exploit in rdo

I’m talking about this 

• Like 1
SonofLosSantos
7 minutes ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

To add on to that I think if they add crouching to gta 5 and online it will be terrible. People are forgetting the rage engine has an issue with crouching. I’m talking about the crouch spam assault shotgun exploit the tbogt and Lancaster exploit in rdo

I’m talking about this 

we got the oppressor and the orbital cannon I don’t wanna hear it

• Like 4