Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X


Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

949 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

  2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?


This poll is closed to new votes


  • Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DeltaV20

    367

  • Thomas The Dank Engine

    359

  • Kernel

    290

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, the GTAO article got yeeted. The timing was weird to be honest, it's been in preparation for over 6 hours, so definitely something prepared for Thursday or Friday.

Damn, looking at the results of this poll, it seems like a lot of people will be disappointed. 

Quick update, the feed page that shows "Cayo Perico Heist Coming December 15" now expires this Monday. Interesting change, not sure if this is more of a cover up move to shake us off or if it doe

Recommended Posts

Plocospermataceae
8 hours ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

one way to be grateful for an engine upgrade is just realizing we are playing a game where some of its core code was typed out in 2009

Probably like 2006 or 2007, considering the driving stuff still has the same the bugs as GTA IV, such as curb boosting. Although considering how they tried to duct tape those things with the advanced handling flags, it tells me that nobody there knows how the code actually works anymore. Some guy wrote a new driving system, and then 14 years later an intern comes in and tries to make sense of their spaghetti code to fix things. Kinda amazing that the game even functions

  • Like 6
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rollschuh2282 said:

uhm...actually the PS4/XONE/PC versions were more work than you think.

i think thousands of new animations for first person, re-doing every weapon and car model to be in higher quality and polycount overhauling the shaders and materials, they even add a couple more parameters to the timecycle files to make them better.

and talking about textures, they basicly doubles the resolution of 90% of the textures.

and they did upscale some GTAO textures.

like ill gotten gains clothing has 1024x1024 textures and 1 even has a 2048x2048 texture.

same as the beast outfit.

i think they even upscaled older GTAO clothing.

i need to check, but i think some hipster dlc clothing too.

and they added so much more graphical stuff for PS4/XONE and PC compared to the 360/PS3 version.

my speculation is that the grass and some plant models like cactus.

were models that were ported from RDR2 in 2014.

(of course RDR2 got better ones later)

but i wouldn´t be surprised if the reason the V grass is so un-optimized, is they probs made that grass system for RDR2, and when they took it from that old RDR2 build, it was still that un-optimized.

and they optimzed it in RDR2 later in development.

 

so if they port something from RDR2 again, then it will be optimized already and look amazing.

and if they really take the RDR2 engine, then they can take the work to re-work some of the core spaghetti code and even the game scripts.

 

The first person mode was a selling point for single player, not online. They put the work into making the singleplayer experience more "immersive". It being in online too is a simple by product. Basically most of the new features they added for the generation leap went into singleplayer first and into online as a by product.

They did not upscale old gtao clothing, there's some odd higher resolution textures in there for some colors. Alot of the old textures are still 256x256 or 512x256. Even newer dlcs have gone down in texture size to 512x512 or even lower for some stuff. There's just a general lack of care going into things lately. The announcement trailer for E&E alone shows a massive lack of care, it just seems like they are taking the easy way out to triple dip.

 

Also you need to click the + button next to the quote for multi quotes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing i would love the most from the new version is volumetric clouds, imagine flying a plane through them, it would even make dogfights more fun. 

 

 

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J e s t e r said:

I was thinking to myself while grinding out Cayo Perico recently. Wouldn't it be great if GTA:O got smaller content updates (examples being The Highlife Update, Drop Zone update) every four weeks or one month, with the bigger ones happening in Summer/Winter as usual? Kinda like how Forza Horizon 4 has? I know it's probably never going to happen, but I can speculate on it, right?

 

That's sort of similar to how they were doing content updates in 2015 and 2016. A couple larger updates (Heists, Lowriders and CEO update) alongside a couple smaller updates (Ill-Gotten Gains 1&2, Halloween & Festive Surprise updates).

 

They may go for a similar trend once Online Standalone is released, seeing as how they'll have more horsepower to work with across the board but it's hard to say for sure. PS4 and X1 will eventually stop receiving updates just like PS3 and X360 so they can work on bigger and bigger updates, so if we look to the past for examples they could either ramp up the update frequency or just keep it to two large updates per year. Who knows, maybe Project Americas will become a reality within Online.

 

My belief is the Cayo Perico update is R* testing the technical capability of adding additional free-roam islands. With this heist they're starting off simple - we're restricted to mission-only activities (scope-out and the heist itself), the island is very stripped-down in terms of an open-world environment, but it's still a success. It's another island in Online. With the additional horsepower of the new systems and both current and upcoming PC hardware, they may find a way to include say for example Liberty City as another completely open free-roam area with it's own unique contacts, missions, businesses, etc. I'm hesitant to say they'd be able to add additional islands to the same session, i.e. being able to seamlessly fly from SA to LC in the same session, but I could see them doing something like you go to the airport in SA, choose to fly to LC, and it puts you into a new 30-player session in LC.

 

However this is all just wishful speculation, so who really knows.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kraftwerkd said:

 

That's sort of similar to how they were doing content updates in 2015 and 2016. A couple larger updates (Heists, Lowriders and CEO update) alongside a couple smaller updates (Ill-Gotten Gains 1&2, Halloween & Festive Surprise updates).

 

They may go for a similar trend once Online Standalone is released, seeing as how they'll have more horsepower to work with across the board but it's hard to say for sure. PS4 and X1 will eventually stop receiving updates just like PS3 and X360 so they can work on bigger and bigger updates, so if we look to the past for examples they could either ramp up the update frequency or just keep it to two large updates per year. Who knows, maybe Project Americas will become a reality within Online.

 

My belief is the Cayo Perico update is R* testing the technical capability of adding additional free-roam islands. With this heist they're starting off simple - we're restricted to mission-only activities (scope-out and the heist itself), the island is very stripped-down in terms of an open-world environment, but it's still a success. It's another island in Online. With the additional horsepower of the new systems and both current and upcoming PC hardware, they may find a way to include say for example Liberty City as another completely open free-roam area with it's own unique contacts, missions, businesses, etc. I'm hesitant to say they'd be able to add additional islands to the same session, i.e. being able to seamlessly fly from SA to LC in the same session, but I could see them doing something like you go to the airport in SA, choose to fly to LC, and it puts you into a new 30-player session in LC.

 

However this is all just wishful speculation, so who really knows.

Yeah that's the sort of DLC I was visualising for these smaller monthly content updates, I miss those little packs. I'm Not a Hipster was marvellous in terms of vehicles. I honestly think that regular smaller content additions along side the summer/winter large content updates will be what we see with Standalone GTA:Online. But yeah you're right, that is all just wishful speculation. I reckon it could work though?

 

In regards to LC, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting some form of heist there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, testarossa 86 said:

this was literally something I thought about yesterday as well.

I was using the Thrax and couldn't help but notice how the engine sounded just like the Adder.

I get they are the same brand of cars, blah blah blah, but the Thrax came out in 2019, looks so much more exotic yet has same 2013 Adder engine sound.

 

It would also be nice if they were to go back and overhaul some of the cars prior to 2016.

many of the older super cars/sport cars suffer from time they were added.

what I mean by that is, Rockstar used generic interiors, added barely any customization or just basic customization, and some of the vehicles look outdated compared to the many cars that are added now.

for example, the Turismo R, Zentorno, Osiris, Vacca, Cheetah and both versions of the Stinger, all use the same interior.

they all have the same generic customization and nothing to really make the car look unique other than basic spoilers, carbon canards, and splitters.

as time went on in GTA Online, we've seen a lot more customization options to make cars really stand out, but cars such as the Osiris and Turismo R are just stuck to the time they were added.

we saw Rockstar with the After Hours DLC actually go back to some older cars and add liveries.

one of the vehicles being the Mamba, which received a ton of liveries that really changed the car in my opinion.

the Adder also seems to have a mechanical spoiler which unfortunately isn't functional.

we have a few vehicles that have this feature, so it would definitely change the Adder for the better.

 

 

Maye there is a reason for that: R* for the last couple of years are adding more and more classic vehicles instead of modern ones, with higher detail. Maybe testig for 6 like they did with Max Payne 3?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it really fits with the direction GTA:O has been going in the last few years, but a street racing update would be really, really nice and I feel like people would enjoy it. We already have plenty of good cars, but some more 90s/00s JDM wouldn't go amiss (S2000, a proper AE86 Trueno, RX7, MR2, S15 any of em)- but the brunt of it could be just more fleshed out street racing stuff. Like the 'Tuners and Outlaws' fan made trailer a few years ago by Wiseguy.

 

And you could throw some of the ridiculous stuff from the newer Fast and Furious movies to please people who want crazier action stuff like we've been getting lately - like a heist or mission where you steal an entire bank vault, Fast Five style or whatever.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Numbskull
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Motor Wars on Cayo Perico, calling it now.

 

where we droppin bois?

f*ck no. With all the titanium bushes, it'll be hell for something heavily focued on vehicles so that called MOTOR WARS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J e s t e r said:

Yeah that's the sort of DLC I was visualising for these smaller monthly content updates, I miss those little packs. I'm Not a Hipster was marvellous in terms of vehicles. I honestly think that regular smaller content additions along side the summer/winter large content updates will be what we see with Standalone GTA:Online. But yeah you're right, that is all just wishful speculation. I reckon it could work though?

 

In regards to LC, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting some form of heist there.

 

Thinking more on the future of Online, with the generational leap we saw with the OG Enhanced Edition, we got more free-roam events, missions that spawn dynamically in the world, etc. Maybe with the next generational leap Online will become as full as SP in terms of how much variety there is in the world, e.g. animals, SP-only ped behaviour, etc.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin
49 minutes ago, kraftwerkd said:

 

Thinking more on the future of Online, with the generational leap we saw with the OG Enhanced Edition, we got more free-roam events, missions that spawn dynamically in the world, etc. Maybe with the next generational leap Online will become as full as SP in terms of how much variety there is in the world, e.g. animals, SP-only ped behaviour, etc.

They better add animals, at least land ones. Sea ones aren't necessary for Online

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
GAUNTLET HELLFIRE
On 1/7/2021 at 10:15 PM, Tez2 said:

The interesting one is "CHasCharacterToTransferDecisionPage" that seems to confirm character transfers will be available once the enhanced edition eventually releases.

That is great news. I was worried I wouldn't be able to play anymore when I move from Xbox to PS5. No way in hell I am restarting from the beggining now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Motor Wars on Cayo Perico, calling it now.

 

where we droppin bois?


+ Creator mode for Cayro Perico
+ Creator for RC races 

  • YEE 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Motor Wars on Cayo Perico, calling it now.

 

where we droppin bois?

main dock 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Piro said:


+ Creator mode for Cayro Perico
+ Creator for RC races 

Don't forget creator mode for Go Kart Races.

12 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Motor Wars on Cayo Perico, calling it now.

 

where we droppin bois?

 

Before we're dropping in, FIRST we're dropping some napalm to BURN ALL THOSE DAMNED TREES AND BUSHES!

Edited by EkaSwede
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would really enjoy having the ability to use the creator on Cayo Perico. I could see the community making some great survival, death match, and racing oriented maps. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
aFIockOfSeagulls
13 hours ago, Numbskull said:

I don't think it really fits with the direction GTA:O has been going in the last few years, but a street racing update would be really, really nice and I feel like people would enjoy it. We already have plenty of good cars, but some more 90s/00s JDM wouldn't go amiss (S2000, a proper AE86 Trueno, RX7, MR2, S15 any of em)- but the brunt of it could be just more fleshed out street racing stuff. Like the 'Tuners and Outlaws' fan made trailer a few years ago by Wiseguy.

 

And you could throw some of the ridiculous stuff from the newer Fast and Furious movies to please people who want crazier action stuff like we've been getting lately - like a heist or mission where you steal an entire bank vault, Fast Five style or whatever.

 

 

 

 

 

Please sent this to Rockstar. Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a developer perspective (and from how R* is currently treating V & RDR2) I'd also expect that they won't do a lot of upgrades honestly.

I expect that they indeed compile the game on a newer engine version which will fix a lot of bugs and optimize the game for newer hardware.

They may also update some of the most important textures (maybe add higher quallity versions of the player skins for eg) and at most a few (new) animations.

 

I would not expect a rework of combat mechanics or stealth mechanics at all.

While it's possible that they release something exclusive to next gen, it's for sure something for online. Like a Cayo Heist V2 ("Oh hey, Cayo is cool, right? Continue it by buying the new version!") + the Island right next to LS without any teleports.

See it like that: They'll change and upgrade what is directly visible to the most people which at the same time costs the least amount of work.

 

That's what we can expect at most I think. Really excited to see what they'll do with the PC version as well. Will it just be an update? Will it be a new version? I wouldn't be surprised if they release it as a new one honstly.

Edited by AlphaDuplo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlphaDuplo said:

From a developer perspective (and from how R* is currently treating V & RDR2) I'd also expect that they won't do a lot of upgrades honestly.

I expect that they indeed compile the game on a newer engine version which will fix a lot of bugs and optimize the game for newer hardware.

They may also update some of the most important textures (maybe add higher quallity versions of the player skins for eg) and at most a few (new) animations.

 

I would not expect a rework of combat mechanics or stealth mechanics at all.

While it's possible that they release something exclusive to next gen, it's for sure something for online. Like a Cayo Heist V2 ("Oh hey, Cayo is cool, right? Continue it by buying the new version!") + the Island right next to LS without any teleports.

See it like that: They'll change and upgrade what is directly visible to the most people which at the same time costs the least amount of work.

 

That's what we can expect at most I think. Really excited to see what they'll do with the PC version as well. Will it just be an update? Will it be a new version? I wouldn't be surprised if they release it as a new one honstly.

I expect them to charge PC players, they know that players would buy it again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Black-Dragon96
4 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I expect them to charge PC players, they know that players would buy it again. 

I doubt that. They dont have the leverage to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait

The Cayo Perico Heist is ace. I had 286m when the update dropped, bought the Sub, all upgrades, all moon pool vehicles inc. Toreador and the Itali RSX to fill up one last empty garage slot, got all the freebie vehicles, done numerous Elite Challenge runs through very different methods and now I've broken my record and I'm sitting at just over 300m for the first time.

 

Aside from logging in for Twitch prime bonuses and eventually Heisting the Sapphire Panther, I'm pretty much done until the next update.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, Tez2 said:

@alloc8or found out new structs that were added with the recent update relating to the standalone version and one of them is "rage::fwuiMessageBase", which is from RDR2's RAGE version, so that seems to go along what @Spider-Vice & @uNi stated, that the enhanced edition is likely to utilize RDR2's RAGE version. However, it could just be that the UI would utilize RDR2's base code, while the rest remains the same.

 

The rest of the new structs are listed here:

 

The interesting one is "CHasCharacterToTransferDecisionPage" that seems to confirm character transfers will be available once the enhanced edition eventually releases.

Interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Enchanced and "Expanded" edition on PC will have full price and online will cost $20; though I wouldn't be shocked if it won't be released on PC at all

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the engine upgrade is quite an interesting idea, that made me come up with a worse one.


I know this is far-farfetched and but it's a thought I had yesterday and shared with a friend that made them go "huh" so putting it here to provoke more "huh"s and more likely be proven wrong.

 

So what if, GTA Online never goes away?
In a flow of updates exclusive for next gen consoles they add Liberty City at some point as both nostalgia bait and a selling point for the next gen version.
Like they announce GTA 6, everyone excited, hype goes through the roof, everyone buys it, breaks even more records, etc etc. It's set in Vice City or wherever they decide to, but they don't mention anything about Online as it usually comes like a month or so later. But this time, it doesn't come to GTA 6, instead, the standalone version of GTA Online gets the Vice City map. But you need to own GTA 6 to somewhat merge them.

 

Like RDR2 came out 2ish years ago, what if this RDR2's RAGE version is just part of the next GTA's RAGE version and they're testing out how it would be handled by the consoles?

 

I know, sounds a bit ridiculous but this game doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

IMO Enchanced and "Expanded" edition on PC will have full price and online will cost $20; though I wouldn't be shocked if it won't be released on PC at all

with rdr2 rage , I'll say 30-40

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

IMO Enchanced and "Expanded" edition on PC will have full price and online will cost $20; though I wouldn't be shocked if it won't be released on PC at all

No way, PC players are known to refuse the actual "console greedy policies", I mean, they are not going to buy the same game again with a full price, not going to pay for online services for example as in consoles,etc... look what happened when Take Two banned the modding on single player in GTA V, GTA V turned on as the worst rated game in Steam for a month, and it took a lot of time to get it´s real good rating again after that, there is no way R* or Take Two are repeating the same strategy again, it would be a shot in the foot, they know how PC players are and what they can do if they f*ck the PC playerbase with "console greedy policies", maybe they will do that on consoles, but on PC, I highly doubt it

Take Two offered the free download of Mafia II remastered to the original Mafia II owners, I could see that IMO:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-get-mafia-2-and-mafia-3-definitive-editions/1100-6477473/

Edited by rml_gta
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Iam a proud PC player, the vast majority of US don't use mod menus or hack tools to fock up the lobbies, and we Will receive the enhanced and expanded versión (free or for a price) Will have to see that, it's hilarious to see how people doubt of this since Rockstar clearly stated that in the newswire

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.