Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X


Spider-Vice
 Share

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X  

949 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think of the DLC as a whole?

  2. 2. What do you think of the heist itself?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Tez2 said:

I'm not expecting much. I could see performance and graphics improvements and UI too, since that was improved on RDR2, but not expecting much major improvements like a complete overhaul to the game or major reworks to certain systems. Not to sound pessimistic, but I prefer to set realistic expectations for the enhanced edition. I think we would just see the game running better and smoother with higher FPS and polished textures. These sort of improvements would likely facilitate the process of making future content.

 

RDR2's hand to hand combat likely shines from numerous animations specifically tuned and made for it. Unless, Rockstar does the same with the E&E edition, I'm not expecting much, but we would have to wait and see.

 

EDIT: Actually, I forgot about how Rockstar came up with the first person view bundled with last-gen versions. They definitely made a ton of animations for that, so we could see a similar route with the E&E edition.

Yeah, probably no mechanics changes, the game doesn't need to be like RDR2 just because it's using its version of the engine. But I'd definitely expect much better graphics, optimisation, all the goodies that current RAGE has.

 

I would also assume it's not going to be as demanding as RDR2 on PC unless you choose to play on Ultra settings.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yellow Dog with Cone
On 1/6/2021 at 3:58 PM, LL Cool L said:

to be fair your actions make you a griefer not your tools

 

I dnt grief with my oppressor, I use it to travel

 

so their advice is sound 

Their advice is not sound, but tone deaf at best, hypocritical at worst, seeing how they have directly appealed to griefers all these years with both promoting their actions behind a thinly veiled "PvP" label and by adding even more overpowered and outright vehicles each update, the Oppressor Mk II being the most blatant example of it (although not the only one nor the first either).

 

And no, for every player who uses their *insert overpowered vehicle here*  for "grinding", "traveling" or something just as harmless, there are several more that only use it for one purpose and one purpose only, you may guess which one.

Edited by YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
Just posted this until now because the moment I tried to post it yesterday, the entire website crashed or something lmao
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaccerKentPaul
22 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yeah, probably no mechanics changes, the game doesn't need to be like RDR2 just because it's using its version of the engine. But I'd definitely expect much better graphics, optimisation, all the goodies that current RAGE has.

 

I would also assume it's not going to be as demanding as RDR2 on PC unless you choose to play on Ultra settings.

I'd imagine they'd clean up some of the spaghetti code though, fix bugs with the interaction menu, change things so they don't seem tacked on, etcetc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

I'd imagine they'd clean up some of the spaghetti code though, fix bugs with the interaction menu, change things so they don't seem tacked on, etcetc

Well yes given it's a new engine version some of the main code would be improved/changed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaccerKentPaul
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Well yes given it's a new engine version some of the main code would be improved/changed.

Thankfully though, I was under the impression that the ps5 version would just be the ps4 version but in 4k because they can't be bothered with this game anymore. But now I see, especially with the standalone of Online. It shall be interesting, looking forward to more info.

Edited by BigFloppySausageTits
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

I'd imagine they'd clean up some of the spaghetti code though, fix bugs with the interaction menu, change things so they don't seem tacked on, etcetc

most of the spaghetti code came from all the updates,

but iirc RDR2s engine is based of Vs engine with the ill gotten gains part 1 or 2 update and got improved and updated from there.

so if they need to add the functionality of later updates to it, then they can make sure it isn´t as spaghetti, and more optimized, and that means they can also fix core issues from old updates, which would cause too much issues to fix in the current version of V

Edited by rollschuh2282
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaccerKentPaul
11 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

most of the spaghetti code came from all the updates,

but iirc RDR2s engine is based of Vs engine with the ill gotten gains part 1 or 2 update and got improved and updated from there.

so if they need to add the functionality of later updates to it, then they can make sure it isn´t as spaghetti, and more optimized, and that means they can also fix core issues from old updates, which would cause too much issues to fix in the current version of V

interesting, how did they go about that? RDR2 was in dev before those two updates no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

interesting, how did they go about that? RDR2 was in dev before those two updates no?

yeah it was.

but those dlcs were in 2015 iirc , so i guess that they mostly used Vs RAGE at that point, and then they decided to upgrade the engine from there.

like implementing all the interesting and amazing stuff, like volumetrics, the new shaders, etc.

and 3 years for majorly updating the engine is i think enough time.

and the earliest files we can find iirc in RDR2 are from early 2016.

so probs the time they were majorly upgrading the engine and stuff.

but idk.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thomas The Dank Engine

Out of the loop on this one, so excuse me if this is answered before. Will the new GTA 5 enchanced version come with an updated version of RAGE? Imagine the LOD/FOV of RDR in the GTA series. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thomas The Dank Engine said:

Out of the loop on this one, so excuse me if this is answered before. Will the new GTA 5 enchanced version come with an updated version of RAGE? Imagine the LOD/FOV of RDR in the GTA series. 

all we found are new structs with one that is almost identical to RDR2s one.

so we speculate that it will get RDR2s updated RAGE, or at least use RDR2 UI code and such.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaccerKentPaul

one way to be grateful for an engine upgrade is just realizing we are playing a game where some of its core code was typed out in 2009

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Their advice is not sound, but tone deaf at best, hypocritical at worst, seeing how they have directly appealed to griefers all these years with both promoting their actions behind a thinly veiled "PvP" label and by adding even more overpowered and outright vehicles each update, the Oppressor Mk II being the most blatant example of it (although not the only one nor the first either).

 

And no, for every player who uses their *insert overpowered vehicle here*  for "grinding", "traveling" or something just as harmless, there are several more that only use it for one purpose and one purpose only, you may guess which one.

I get you BUT players are not the only enemies or people you can use them on tho......a lot of these came with updates and new missions where they were useful

 

also I don't really see this type of griefing as often as people say...in crazy packed lobbies sometimes yes but why would you put yourself in a position to be griefed or lose stock/sales or whatever in a packed toxic lobby..

 

you can grief with a pistol or an up and atomizer....its not the tool its the person and for most of us i dont see a new thing and think "how can I ruin other player's time with this" maybe thats just me lol

 

they said "everyone likes friendly competition from time to time but no1 likes a griefer" 

seems like a fair statement wouldnt you say...

 

its not like girefing or destroying other players stock/sales is profitable or gets you anything....

 

its not my style but at the same time its not illegal to randomly kill everything that moves in a public lobby, it is gta after all, socially people may not like it but random killing in the streets is a cornerstone of gta gameplay. Also none of these toys are exclusive to one player, everyone can buy/use them.

 

Griefers will grief not matter what....did opressor make it easier to do so? yes....but it also made travelling, grinding and missions easier....

  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question folks, just wondered if they're still doing the daily treasures on the island at the moment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Quick question folks, just wondered if they're still doing the daily treasures on the island at the moment?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are a permanent addition. I randomly found one yesterday while scoping.

 

Doesn't really make sense to go looking for them though IMO given how little they pay compared to the heist itself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man this site feels janky, it's gotten worse lately. The ads suck and I know that's not the staff's fault, but still it makes navigating the forum quite a chore. On top of that the ads are shilling for 5G surveillance state bullsh*t.

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buddy Hightower
3 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

Man this site feels manly, it's gotten worse lately. The ads suck and I know that's not the staff's fault, but still it makes navigating the forum quite a chore. On top of that the ads are shilling for 5G surveillance state bullsh*t.

what ads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Buddy Hightower said:

what ads?

There are ads on this forum between pages, for example when you click on a thread. You close the ad and lose your place in the thread starting on the first page (for a thread like this with so many pages it's a real bitch on a bitch boat). Sorry to go off topic, it's just a huge pain in the ass..

 

I'm skeptical of R* messing with things too much, I'll be holding off on transferring for a while to make sure they don't irreversibly ruin a bunch of stuff. It's a big old game with lots of stuff to break if they're not careful. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey guys, did anyone else notice that when equiping the scuba suit from that hook in the sub, that the facial structure resets to default GTAO character?
and in the heist too.

you can see it if you have the scuba suit saved from the clothing store and apply it after you got the scuba suit from the hook..

you can see how the facial structure returns back to normal.

Edited by rollschuh2282
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are a permanent addition. I randomly found one yesterday while scoping.

 

Doesn't really make sense to go looking for them though IMO given how little they pay compared to the heist itself.

 

Cheers @SummerFreeze. I'll plod a few here and there but it's nothing pressing. :)

 

8 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

Man this site feels janky, it's gotten worse lately. The ads suck and I know that's not the staff's fault, but still it makes navigating the forum quite a chore. On top of that the ads are shilling for 5G surveillance state bullsh*t.

 

Yeah, getting a bit tedious to click a page, get an ad, and dropped onto page one of a thread that then marks the latest posts as read so makes it harder to know where I last got to. :(

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2020 at 9:34 AM, CarcerCityMadMan said:

Is the hippie livery on daves car exclusive to the mission or when it goes up for sale car you put that on the car?

 

Should be in the list to apply as normal, it's not unique as far as I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rollschuh2282 said:

hey guys, did anyone else notice that when equiping the scuba suit from that hook in the sub, that the facial structure resets to default GTAO character?
and in the heist too.

you can see it if you have the scuba suit saved.

you can see how the facial structure returns back to normal.

Yep, freaked me out at first because my lady character is quite the looker. I'm playing mid heist and all of a sudden she looks like she used to be a he. Reminds me I need to take pics of the CC sliders for all my characters because for most of them I just hit the random button til I got something good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

testarossa 86
5 hours ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

We need a whole sound engine overhaul, you can still see how this is a PS3 game. Obviously this as help up well, but if they're going to make GTAO standalone, it certainly needs it. We also need a vegetation update, add back the trees that were in the game before the original gameplay trailer in 2013!! It would just add so much more life to the game, I'm sure they can find a way around it affecting spawn points and stuff off current missions. Or even, hell, make the trees in SP only, so it doesn't affect a lot of the online missions, considering SP was built for the GTAV before they took out all of the trees and life.

this was literally something I thought about yesterday as well.

I was using the Thrax and couldn't help but notice how the engine sounded just like the Adder.

I get they are the same brand of cars, blah blah blah, but the Thrax came out in 2019, looks so much more exotic yet has same 2013 Adder engine sound.

 

It would also be nice if they were to go back and overhaul some of the cars prior to 2016.

many of the older super cars/sport cars suffer from time they were added.

what I mean by that is, Rockstar used generic interiors, added barely any customization or just basic customization, and some of the vehicles look outdated compared to the many cars that are added now.

for example, the Turismo R, Zentorno, Osiris, Vacca, Cheetah and both versions of the Stinger, all use the same interior.

they all have the same generic customization and nothing to really make the car look unique other than basic spoilers, carbon canards, and splitters.

as time went on in GTA Online, we've seen a lot more customization options to make cars really stand out, but cars such as the Osiris and Turismo R are just stuck to the time they were added.

we saw Rockstar with the After Hours DLC actually go back to some older cars and add liveries.

one of the vehicles being the Mamba, which received a ton of liveries that really changed the car in my opinion.

the Adder also seems to have a mechanical spoiler which unfortunately isn't functional.

we have a few vehicles that have this feature, so it would definitely change the Adder for the better.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, iHitman1589 said:

I second this, on GTA:O I get 85-90 FPS at 4k with everything turned to the max except grass which is on high, whereas on RDR2 (unless they changed it recently) I was playing at 1080p with everything cranked to Ultra and was getting on average 45-50 FPS and only sometimes breaking the 60 FPS mark.

Ultra settings are for the cards above 2080 Ti, just don't do it unless you have something like 3080/3090. And honestly, you won't pass a blind test against mixed ultra-highs, performance gained will be the greatest marker.

 

Quote

Turns out that even its most expensive consumer-level GPU, the roughly $1,200 GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, can’t get there at the highest settings. That means there’s plenty of headroom for driver optimizations, and/or the next generation of GPUs.

Source

 

red-dead-redemption-nvidia-geforce-recom

See how ULTRA is not even listed here? There is a reason for that, it tanks the performance on almost anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BigFloppySausageTits said:

We need a whole sound engine overhaul, you can still see how this is a PS3 game. Obviously this as help up well, but if they're going to make GTAO standalone, it certainly needs it. We also need a vegetation update, add back the trees that were in the game before the original gameplay trailer in 2013!!

Throw in a new map and I'm game. But wait...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please fix the aids, especially on mobile. 

 

Back on track: did we know about these treasure chests in cayo perico before they went active? I know there was the award associated with it, but was there anything in the game files?

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, docpain222 said:

Please fix the aids, especially on mobile. 

I wish I could, there's a Nobel prize for that probably. AIDS is serious stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Geisterfaust said:

Ultra settings are for the cards above 2080 Ti, just don't do it unless you have something like 3080/3090. And honestly, you won't pass a blind test against mixed ultra-highs, performance gained will be the greatest marker.

 

 

red-dead-redemption-nvidia-geforce-recom

See how ULTRA is not even listed here? There is a reason for that, it tanks the performance on almost anything.

What kind of kockamamie bullsh*t is this? This is why I don't like Triple Ass gaming. The devs assume we'll be having graphics card that are operated on top secret NASA computers. Bet we're gonna need a GeForce RTX 9090 Ti Super Deluxe Ultra Edition to run a game next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt the E&E Version of gtao is gonna be a major rework like some people are wishing for here. They will probably consolidate some of the rpf files into bigger ones and clean up some junk that's no longer needed instead of just disabling it. That's the most realistic expection, sure if they do more that's nice but all the evidence of how they handeled the previous upgrade from ps3/360 to ps4/xbone (where they didn't even scale up old online textures) and how rdo standalone is made (literally the whole game with sp just disabled through a check) shows that they take the easy route. Like why would they pour in a lot of work when a 8 year old game still sells like hot cakes and the minimal effort is enough to produce high sales of copies and mtx.

Also has anyone maybe thought that the rdr2 code snippets showing up might be from updated production tools instead of a port of gtav parts to rdr2 rage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wurmy said:

but all the evidence of how they handeled the previous upgrade from ps3/360 to ps4/xbone (where they didn't even scale up old online textures)

uhm...actually the PS4/XONE/PC versions were more work than you think.

i think thousands of new animations for first person, re-doing every weapon and car model to be in higher quality and polycount overhauling the shaders and materials, they even add a couple more parameters to the timecycle files to make them better.

and talking about textures, they basicly doubles the resolution of 90% of the textures.

and they did upscale some GTAO textures.

like ill gotten gains clothing has 1024x1024 textures and 1 even has a 2048x2048 texture.

same as the beast outfit.

i think they even upscaled older GTAO clothing.

i need to check, but i think some hipster dlc clothing too.

and they added so much more graphical stuff for PS4/XONE and PC compared to the 360/PS3 version.

my speculation is that the grass and some plant models like cactus.

were models that were ported from RDR2 in 2014.

(of course RDR2 got better ones later)

but i wouldn´t be surprised if the reason the V grass is so un-optimized, is they probs made that grass system for RDR2, and when they took it from that old RDR2 build, it was still that un-optimized.

and they optimzed it in RDR2 later in development.

 

so if they port something from RDR2 again, then it will be optimized already and look amazing.

and if they really take the RDR2 engine, then they can take the work to re-work some of the core spaghetti code and even the game scripts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wurmy said:

Also has anyone maybe thought that the rdr2 code snippets showing up might be from updated production tools instead of a port of gtav parts to rdr2 rage.

no they aren´t.

those are structures that were added to the game code.

and they are standalone related.

my guess is they will use a similiar system as in RDR2.

but we will have to see

 

 

(sry for the double post, thought it would combine automaticly)

Edited by rollschuh2282
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.