2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Most useful GTA:SA girlfriend?

AIcatraz

Could everyone post their opinions on the GTA Girlfriends and their advantages? It'd be intresting to see what each member thinks, In my opinion, Barb's "keep guns after busted" ability is the most useless, Because by the point you get to Las Venturas, you're probably very rich, so you can buy weapons out of the ammu nation with ease, Katie's Keep guns after death and free hospital is really useful, plus i really like the paramedic outfit so thats a plus, I want to know what you think is the most useful.  No, Im talking about rewards by dating, and not by whos hotter.

Katie and Barbara tied because they can keep you're weapons after you die or get busted.

On the other hand, Millie is the most useless girlfriend. 

I find Katie to be the most useful, especially when trying to complete as much as possible before starting the first mission.

Katie's preference for muscular men makes her easier to meet early in the game. Trying to start a date with her will fail right away due to the constant 4-star wanted level in restricted areas, but has the side effect of leaving the fast food joints open early, which makes it easier to fatten up CJ for meeting Barbara or Michelle early too.

Getting Katie as a girlfriend before meeting Denise will prevent dating calls until SF is unlocked, so Denise isn't constantly nagging for dates or losing progress during the later missions and gang wars at the end of the first LS mission strand. Michelle works for this too, but Barbara can call when CJ is in the Badlands so it's hard not to lose progress with her.

Some special vehicle collection strategies involve getting busted or wasted inside of a garage in order to end the mission and keep a unique car with it's immunities intact. It's a lot easier to suicide with satchel charges than it is to coax a cop into a garage to bust CJ.

Edited by OrionSR
  • Like 4

Katie 

But Helena is very helpful during the countryside chapter since she gives CJ guns and weapons warehouse at the time where you really need them being helpless and all and she is near Catalina's hideout so she is easy to find

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 2

Katie for sure. The reason why it isn't Barbara is because it is pretty easy to avoid getting busted. Plus you don't have to get fat as it has been described before me.

K2yjoYK.png

• 4 months later...

Katie and Barbara. You get to keep your weapons. What more could ya want?

Excluding them, Girlfriends in this game are hella useless.

Katie. If you're not really messing around in GTA SA freeroam it's easy not to get arrested, but I died a lot in some missions so for me, Katie is the most useful girlfriend.

BrainDeadRaven

Michelle, gives you access to a paint and spray on a side of san fierro that doesn't have it, ie, chick hides you from the cops.

Evil empire

Katie Zhan or Barbara Schternvart, it all depends if you tend more to be wasted or busted.

Katie definitely pips it for the reasons said above. If you're enough of a sadist, it's quite possible (and easy) to collect all the oysters at the beginning of the game, or at least early on enough that you don't have any interactions with potential girlfriends. This removes their tastes completely, meaning you can wine and dine them regardless of your physical condition or dress sense. Removing this obstacle makes Barbara useful, but only just. In my opinion, you meet her far too late into the game for it to be practical. By this point, you're likely good enough at the game and savvy enough to avoid the long arm of the law. If it was up to me, I'd swap Michelle for Barbara as Michelle's rewards and perks don't really do anything to affect the story, and it isn't like Pay & Spray shops are expensive or uncommon in San Fierro. Having a free repair garage in the middle of the desert, as well as access to a monster truck, would be better help.

• Like 4

I think Katie is the most useful and sexy girlfriend in San Andreas LOL XD. Maybe Barbara too, but i can insert code AEZAKMI in my PC so it's maybe useful if player doesn't want to cheat in game. 

Flymystical-DJ

Barbara. She gives you the police uniform which let's you get into impound lots with zero stars.

Edit I saw you originally said no rewards so I'll say if clothes/cars weren't a thing than Katie by far. 

On 3/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, BrainDeadRaven said:

Michelle, gives you access to a paint and spray on a side of san fierro that doesn't have it, ie, chick hides you from the cops.

Not the best but my favorite ability. Its so specific to the SF portion of the game it becomes an extension of SF itself and makes the city feel so much more alive. Her optionality is what makes her feel so much more than Millie because players are presented with another girlfriend option.

Edited by Flymystical-DJ
  • Like 2

My issue with Michelle's reward is it doesn't offer enough to me that I can't access by other means. I won't disagree with you - more interaction in the city is always good, particularly in San Fierro which I think gets a bum deal, but her perks are easily forgotten. Her unique vehicle is a monster truck, which while a good time to drive, is easily available much earlier in the game. Her Pay N' Spray is free, yes, but at this point in the game you're not exactly strapped for cash if you play your cards right and even if you are, $100 is peanuts compared to other amenities. It isn't as if it's the only one around for miles either; you have the one in Doherty which is down the road and you have one in Juniper Hollow near the Burger Shot, right across the road from Katie's house. I can't remember if I ever used it.

One thing I'll give Michelle is her unique date, which involves little (if any) participation from you as a player. It's a cinematic, on-rails driving date which is helpful if you're grinding for 100% progress with her/trying to unlock mechanic overalls.

• 1 month later...
Eminem Jeff

Katie and Barbara for sure. Dating them is another story however...

4 hours ago, Eminem Jeff said:

Katie and Barbara for sure. Dating them is another story however...

Club dates for Barbara in particular because you have to choose between LV and in the one in SF.

They're both really far away and I think I usually would re-load my save file in hopes of getting either a food date or driving date.

On 11/3/2020 at 8:57 PM, Carl Theft Auto said:

Katie and Barbara tied because they can keep you're weapons after you die or get busted.

On the other hand, Millie is the most useless girlfriend. 

Doesn't millie give you the keycard to activate the final heist mission?

2 hours ago, sefus said:

Doesn't millie give you the keycard to activate the final heist mission?

I mean if you kill her, you still get the key card ;)

5 minutes ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

I mean if you kill her, you still get the key card ;)

I saved before i killed her and i got nothing expect a "Your girlfriend has died" and her minimap icon disappearing, good thing i saved lul. 

• 2 weeks later...

They're all useful to me depending on where I am. There's a coffee glitch you can exploit to make the vehicle you were in during coffee AP without cheats so I keep them all alive. I used this glitch to make my Sea Sparrow AP to finish collectables in restricted areas and date Barbara for her perks before unlocking the third island.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:51 AM, sefus said:

I saved before i killed her and i got nothing expect a "Your girlfriend has died" and her minimap icon disappearing, good thing i saved lul. 

You'll receive a call about raiding her mansion and obtain the key card that way if you kill her.

Edited by GTAKid667
Please don't double post - Use the "Edit" button under the three dot menu in the top right of your post.

• 2 weeks later...
Mindshower

Katie for sure. Keeping your weapons is cool and all but that hearse is pretty sweet too. Apparently she was rendered obsolete in the soulless remastered version. I know Denise doesn't really give you anything that interesting, but that pimp suit is fire. I always get it to 100% with her when CJ makes his way back home in the third act.

Edited by Mindshower

• 3 weeks later...
theweekforme

Katie, barbera and michelle. 

with katie and barbera you can keep your weapons after dying (katie) or getting busted (barbera). 

The reason why i mention Michelle is that she is useful when it comes to fixing your car at her place for free which is useful if youre in San fierro.