4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

What has this game become?

Schokoladeka

Cutter De Blanc

Can't even have fun in invite only session online cuz they still nickel and dime me just for existing with those daily fees

• Like 4

HauntingHydra_27
On 11/29/2020 at 2:06 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Can't even have fun in invite only session online cuz they still nickel and dime me just for existing with those daily fees

They could, at the very least, let us sell a business we don't want/use anymore. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:33 AM, Schokoladeka said:

Seriously, what has this game become? 

Just look at this, here, a picture that speaks a thousand words:

(actually it only speaks one word and that word's got something to do with deposits that dogs leave, usually on your lawn)

yCADhl8.jpg

No wonder Dan Houser, Leslie Benzies and Lazlow are gone. I'm honestly not surprised. Saddening it is. It hurts my heart.

P.S.: I know, I know I'll get a lot of poo poo from like 99% of y'all, because y'all are probably new to the franchise and y'all probably grew up on Fortnite and y'all probably think it's normal, I understand.

You've gotta be f*cking kidding me. That CAN'T be official. Rockstar has fallen WAY out of grace.

Edited by TNFSG
h
  • Like 8

HauntingHydra_27
2 hours ago, TNFSG said:

You've gotta be f*cking kidding me. That CAN'T be official. Rockstar has fallen WAY out of grace.

At first I thought we were gonna fight actual aliens, as silly as that sounds. But nope, it's just regular survival mode, just reskinned. I was expecting something along the lines of Michael's side mission in Story Mode. 

Does it make sense? No. But at least it brings back some memories of Story Mode. 

Edited by HauntingHydra_27

That looks so bad I really thought that was fake. LMAO. Says a lot.

What has this game become? I'll tell you what it's become. A watered down shell of itself, stooped down for an audience it technically isn't supposed to be marketed towards (those under 18), with the sole purpose of profit in mind.

Rockstar is a business, yes. A business that has stopped caring about what makes them special and just continues to rake money in because of the name. The name GTA sells itself. They don't gotta do much of sh*t. Push out rushed, buggy crap, with high price tags and make it so you have to invest a lot of time to obtain those crappy things. And they know a lot of people will be like "nah, but I want it" so BOOM! Shark Cards. That's why we keep getting these crappy updates where the best thing about them really is the side content. No, it's not because they're generous. "Oh it's free!" It's because they make money off of people who are gullible, lazy, too busy or impatient. If that is your main source of income, yeah... the product is gonna be sh*t. An utter embarassment. These people enable the company they keep dishing out content, as well as people who are content with garbage "oh it's just a game" and think Rockstar is being generous, and are too simple minded to know what a truly good product is.

[Off Topic]

Speaking of Old Gen GTA V, I can't get Patrick McReary to show up. :(

[On Topic]

At this point, I would call GTA Online a nightmare...

Edited by Fake Lilina

the fact that they added packie to the gta online diamond heist and literally just reused all of his lines from his gta v pickup shows how badly this game is f*cked now. hell, who even thought it would be a good idea to have him and that other guy still ripping off small stores only 5-10 years after he robbed 3 banks!

billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, The Journey said:

the fact that they added packie to the gta online diamond heist and literally just reused all of his lines from his gta v pickup shows how badly this game is f*cked now. hell, who even thought it would be a good idea to have him and that other guy still ripping off small stores only 5-10 years after he robbed 3 banks!

Poor Packie! It was already kind of sad to see him reduced to pretty much a generic goon in GTA V seven years ago, this is just depressing. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

When you look back to the 2000s,back when R* would release new games every year,it's sad to think how they changed and what they could have made so far if they were still like they were back then.Since 2013 they could have made not just RDR 2,but also Bully 2, GTA 6, maybe even GTA 7 by now,but instead they decided to milk GTA Online dry for over 7 years now,and who knows how long they'll keep doing it in the future.

As for GTA Online,I personally miss the 2013-16 GTA Online,before all the mememobiles (rocket cars, flip cars, KITTs, Batmobiles, flying cars, flying bikes, etc.),before doomsday heist with evil AIs and orbital cannons,before alien guns,and all the other crap we got in the past few years.

5 hours ago, Fake Lilina said:

We could've had GTA VI by now, but NO! They had to milk the game for PS5/Series X.

I read some bullsh*t in the GTA:Online section that was something like "I just belly laugh whenever people say that GTA:O is holding Rockstar back from releasing GTA VI" "it's just not finished yet"

It could be true that GTA VI is taking so much time because they simply aren't finished. But if you look at that cliche ass timeline of Rockstar Games' releases... it's just hard to ignore the fact that it's taking them too damn long, all while GTA:Online keeps getting these updates. Everyone likes to hype up Rockstar's projects, sounding like the Trump campaign "it's gonna be the biggest, the greatest, just you wait, it's gonna be the greatest thing you've ever seen" I'm sorry...? Wasn't that supposed to be GTA V? Wasn't that supposed to be RDR2? With RDR2 maybe they came to their senses, though RDO is a hot piece of crap. But GTA V? The game, the game I anticipated for a year and a half, disappointed me over the course of 2 months to where I moved onto other games.

It was the worst kind of disappointment too. No, it was not the "I got it and it wasn't what I wanted and it sucks!" crybaby disappointment. It was the "this game is awesome, this is cool" at first feeling. I had my doubts at release but I did play the game religiously. But it was a trial period. Over time I realized... "this isn't exactly polished is it?" with many aspects of the game. It was a game where, I guess, as you continued to play it it just seemed worse as you realized its many shortcomings? Usually with GTAs, it's this trial period where the game either grows on you or you start to get wowed over its details. Oh boy, not with GTA V.

GTA V had its issues with its timeline though I guess. It was towards the end of the life for PS3/Xbox 360. And I feel like a lot of content was cut for that. But then they added a lot of it back. But not to the actual game, but to GTA:Online exclusively. They don't even add the cars to Single Player anymore. IN FACT, they created some shoddy code that blocked the ability to spawn MP cars in SP, that was easy for people to get past, but still, the FACT they did that is just so f*cking trashy.

You really want me to believe they're taking all of this time because GTA VI just isn't ready? Well they need to prove it. I'm not going to be wowed by the pretty graphics or the new cars or the gimmicks or any of that sh*t. They better prove that they can make a quality project again and focus on everything that matters and not just the stuff that wows and sells at first glance.

Edited by ddarko12

The only positive thing I can think is that maybe GTAO is still handled by a skeleton crew, explaining why its’ support and updates are such trash. Meanwhile the majority of the company and studios are working on the next main entry.

What they should do, once GTAO becomes standalone, is have one of their small studios work on it and leave it at that. It’s getting to the point where it as a GTA V MP mode is becoming too bloated and held back. They’re making the right choice with it being standalone, but I hope they take advantage of that

• Like 5

Lock n' Stock

Take a look at this thread Rockstar. Look at all the longtime fans you've pissed off. I hope you guys are happy, f*ckin' sellouts.

Cutter De Blanc
3 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Take a look at this thread Rockstar. Look at all the longtime fans you've pissed off. I hope you guys are happy, f*ckin' sellouts.

They cry everytime they cash those fat paychecks, I'm sure

• Like 5

MiamiViceCity1986
On 12/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, GTA-Biker said:

When you look back to the 2000s,back when R* would release new games every year,it's sad to think how they changed and what they could have made so far if they were still like they were back then.Since 2013 they could have made not just RDR 2,but also Bully 2, GTA 6, maybe even GTA 7 by now,but instead they decided to milk GTA Online dry for over 7 years now,and who knows how long they'll keep doing it in the future.

As for GTA Online,I personally miss the 2013-16 GTA Online,before all the mememobiles (rocket cars, flip cars, KITTs, Batmobiles, flying cars, flying bikes, etc.),before doomsday heist with evil AIs and orbital cannons,before alien guns,and all the other crap we got in the past few years.

To be fair game development cycles are typically much longer than they used to be. That's why we often see sequels take a few years instead of every year or two like back in the PS2/Xbox era. I remember back in those days we'd often see multiple games from different R* studios over the course of a year or so. It was cool, but then again the consoles were simpler to develop for.

However in saying that I think it's sad the only game R* have released for the PS4/XB1 is RDR2 (Since the GTA V version doesn't really count as obviously it was a PS3/360 game). It seems like with every console generation the scarcity of their games become more and more obvious. I can't help, but shake this feeling if it wasn't for GTAO we possibly may have seen another title like Bully 2 aswell as RDR2. I don't think we would've seen another GTA game this past generation though.

Perhaps the saving grace is GTAO will probably be its own thing. Look at RDO now. Now you can buy it on its own without needing RDR2. I hope GTAO follows suit because I don't want to buy GTA VI and have all the GTAO related sh*t jammed down my throat like GTA V that way the people interested in GTAO can still play and those of us that want to play GTA VI can play it with confidence it's just the single player offering. Hopefully this means it may open up the door for future single player DLC. I'm still a little raw that single player DLC for GTA V was basically halted and eventually canclled because of GTAO. I don't want to see that repeated again.

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

While the intensity and accuracy of detail increases in games, as does the technology which provides these things. Now, I don’t know anything specific—but if someone were to tell me it makes sense that it takes Rockstar so long to make games “because of everything they have to animate,” I’d point out the fact that they no longer have to animate things by hand, and that motion capture is widely used in development now.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

On 12/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, cp1dell said:

While the intensity and accuracy of detail increases in games, as does the technology which provides these things. Now, I don’t know anything specific—but if someone were to tell me it makes sense that it takes Rockstar so long to make games “because of everything they have to animate,” I’d point out the fact that they no longer have to animate things by hand, and that motion capture is widely used in development now.

I think you'd be surprised at how much is still animated by hand. I'm no game developer but from what I've gathered motion capture serves more as a base for animators to start from. Cleaning up the raw key frames while maintaining the actor's composure and blending it efficiently with multiple performances can't be an easy task. And similarly, tools for procedurally generated terrain and the like often require loads of tweaks and remodeling afterward to even function. The tech is advancing but it's just not keeping up with the increasingly bloated workload demanded by studios. That being said, it's inexcusable how much time Rockstar has taken between releases at this point. It's simply the result of disastrous turnover rate due to poor management over the years.

• Like 4

On 12/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, Lock n' Stock said:

Take a look at this thread Rockstar. Look at all the longtime fans you've pissed off.

They won't care. As long as they make more money, they don't have a care in the world.

I do agree though, they are sellouts.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 3:00 PM, Algonquin Assassin said:

To be fair game development cycles are typically much longer than they used to be. That's why we often see sequels take a few years instead of every year or two like back in the PS2/Xbox era. I remember back in those days we'd often see multiple games from different R* studios over the course of a year or so. It was cool, but then again the consoles were simpler to develop for.

However in saying that I think it's sad the only game R* have released for the PS4/XB1 is RDR2 (Since the GTA V version doesn't really count as obviously it was a PS3/360 game). It seems like with every console generation the scarcity of their games become more and more obvious. I can't help, but shake this feeling if it wasn't for GTAO we possibly may have seen another title like Bully 2 aswell as RDR2. I don't think we would've seen another GTA game this past generation though.

Perhaps the saving grace is GTAO will probably be its own thing. Look at RDO now. Now you can buy it on its own without needing RDR2. I hope GTAO follows suit because I don't want to buy GTA VI and have all the GTAO related sh*t jammed down my throat like GTA V that way the people interested in GTAO can still play and those of us that want to play GTA VI can play it with confidence it's just the single player offering. Hopefully this means it may open up the door for future single player DLC. I'm still a little raw that single player DLC for GTA V was basically halted and eventually canclled because of GTAO. I don't want to see that repeated again.

Segregating things would be a welcome choice. I'm sick and tired of the constant updates that add nothing to the SP mode. So much so that I uninstalled my PC copy and have no intention of reinstalling it. I just don't want to waste 100+ gigs on bullsh*t. Support is nice and all, but not if the content introduced is exclusive to a mode I rarely play anymore. I went back to GTA4 and the renderware games because of how small their file sizes are and that they no longer receive gradual updates. If you're like me and you mod your video games to the sky and back  large updates are off putting.

Secondly, I'd like to just state that with Rockstar's slow development times, it is only a matter of time before we have a gaming generation without a Rockstar game. Secretly I think the higher ups at Rockstar know this and that is why they are acting like try hards to keep GTA5 relevant. Reality is that game hasn't been relevant for 5 years now and anyone who enjoys a SP experience has long abandoned the game. All the people I know in my gaming social circle have.

Edited by Yinepi

On 12/4/2020 at 9:12 PM, GTA-Biker said:

I can't help feel how lucky the older (original) generation of GTA fans were. III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, and TBOGT in an 8 year period. 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 10:12 PM, GTA-Biker said:

I doubt that, video game development takes much more time these days. It's been like 9 years since the last TES game for an example. It took 7 years for Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Age 4 is still in development etc.

So there is no way Rockstar could deliver GTA 6,7 and Bully 2 alongside RDR2 at this point. That's ridiculous.

On 12/10/2020 at 4:09 PM, Patrizio said:

I can't help feel how lucky the older (original) generation of GTA fans were. III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, and TBOGT in an 8 year period. 

That was definitely the Golden Age of GTA.

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

I doubt that, video game development takes much more time these days. It's been like 9 years since the last TES game for an example. It took 7 years for Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Age 4 is still in development etc.

So there is no way Rockstar could deliver GTA 6,7 and Bully 2 alongside RDR2 at this point. That's ridiculous.

With how many studios Rockstar has (R* North, R* San Diego, R* Toronto, R* Leeds, R* London, etc.),it's not that weird to expect them to make more than one game in 7 years.

• Like 6

On 12/5/2020 at 7:55 PM, Lock n' Stock said:

Yeah, as Fake Lilina said, they don't give a sh*t. They don't have to. They make enough profit out of Shark Card buyers, so why bother? They won't make a new title unless people stop buying Shark Cards but that day will probably never come. It's a never-ending cycle: big youtubers purchase shark cards because, duh, they need in-game currency to show off their new flying boats and minigun elks to their audience, so they'll gain lots of views, which makes them a lot of money in real life, which means they'll buy shark cards again to keep the cycle going. There are tons of big GTA Online youtubers. Plus, it isn't just youtubers: It's kids and casual people, people that are bored of grinding, etc.

Even though I dislike what they're doing right now, I have to admit, it's great marketing because they can manipulate idiots ever so easily.

As for GTA6, I've got vague notions about it. Even if they make a 6th installment, what are the odds it'll be any good? A lot OG employees have left Rockstar recently; and looking at GTA Online's success, it would be foolish to assume this isn't the direction they're heading in. It would be foolish to think they'll put more efforts in Singleplayer. GTA 6 will likely focus on Online, but from the ground up. It'll be the exact same dog sh*t. I wouldn't be surprised if players would get to keep their Online progression (from GTA5 to 6). Rockstar has changed, we must accept that. I'd love to think positively and I'd love to believe GTA6 will not end up like Half Life 3 but in this current state, I can't.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Schokoladeka said:

big youtubers purchase shark cards because, duh, they need in-game currency to show off their new flying boats and minigun elks to their audience, so they'll gain lots of views, which makes them a lot of money in real life, which means they'll buy shark cards again to keep the cycle going. There are tons of big GTA Online youtubers. Plus, it isn't just youtubers: It's kids and casual people, people that are bored of grinding, etc.

Exactly, plus some GTA Online YouTubers (Or maybe every single GTA Online YouTuber) tends to Clickbait.

• YEE 1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:46 AM, Ryo256 said:

I mean, after the flying killer bikes, I'm pretty sure this is normal?

After the flying killer bikes do we really expect much from Rockstar?

On 12/23/2020 at 2:05 AM, GTA-Biker said:

With how many studios Rockstar has (R* North, R* San Diego, R* Toronto, R* Leeds, R* London, etc.),it's not that weird to expect them to make more than one game in 7 years.

Not really since all their studios work on one game. That's how you get a masterpiece like RDR2

Sure they could go the Ubisoft way and just release half assed rehashed games every two years but I wouldn't be a fan of that and I can see the threads here already with people complaining about how Rockstar is milking GTA. Look at how Ubisoft handled AC, it was milked so much that they got rid of its identity and made it a Witcher rip off

REVENGE777

I just want a good game I can buy Day 1 and play offline with no need for patching or updates. But those days are gone. RINO has made it apparent.

They. Don’t. Care.

REVENGE777
On 12/30/2020 at 8:16 AM, FanEu7 said:

Not really since all their studios work on one game. That's how you get a masterpiece like RDR2

Sure they could go the Ubisoft way and just release half assed rehashed games every two years but I wouldn't be a fan of that and I can see the threads here already with people complaining about how Rockstar is milking GTA. Look at how Ubisoft handled AC, it was milked so much that they got rid of its identity and made it a Witcher rip off

They already ARE milking gta. They’ve been doing it. I’d rather them milk out single player content or new single player games entirely instead of just milking online for 10 years. There’s no reason a gta game should take a decade to just even be announced. I don’t think they’re even making a gta VI at this point but it’s whatever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SonofLosSantos said:

They already ARE milking gta. They’ve been doing it. I’d rather them milk out single player content or new single player games entirely instead of just milking online for 10 years. There’s no reason a gta game should take a decade to just even be announced. I don’t think they’re even making a gta VI at this point but it’s whatever.

A balance would be good, I think a new GTA game every 7 years or so would be good. I don't want a new one every two years/every year like COD/AC etc. there is no hype for their new installments and people get sick of it. I prefer GTA being a more special experience.

Also they are no doubt working on GTA VI