3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

778 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

Pete4000uk

Just a pye in the sky idea, but, what about a moderately sized GTA6, say roughly the size of V but immediately start on GTA7 which could include all the San Fierro bay area and really use the power of the new generation of consoles?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

He never said that.

And GTA IV on PS5 is fake.

Whatever, he literaly said development is only at the very beginning and that the game will have a « moderate » content compared to GTA V.

While Tezfunz2 et Yan22 said that the development started back to 2017.

So, it feels like a reboot. It’s the same.

Edited by iPeluche
  • Like 1
CheesyWalnuts
6 minutes ago, iPeluche said:

Whatever, he literaly said development is only at the very beginning and that the game will have a « moderate » content compared to GTA V.

While Tezfunz2 et Yan22 said that the development started back to 2017.

So, it feels like a reboot. It’s the same.

He didn't say this either, he said early development.

• Like 3
Len Lfc
1 minute ago, CheesyWalnuts said:

He didn't say this either, he said early development.

Exactly. Odds are pre-production began in 2017. So by April 2020, it being in early development makes sense.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Exactly. Odds are pre-production began in 2017. So by April 2020, it being in early development makes sense.

@Tez2stated, back in April right after Jason’s words, that GTA VI was 60%-70% done. That’s not early development.

3 years of pre-production is very very long.

So, who’s right ?

Edited by iPeluche
  • excuseme 1
Felipeborges388

I saw those concept art from RDR 2 and started looking at Artsation profiles of Rockstar employees, curious how many have concepts about medieval stuff, I remembered the rumor about Project Medieval

• Like 4
marquuard
2 hours ago, iPeluche said:

Considering Scheirer’s words about GTA VI being rebooted earlier this year and Dan Houser leaving R*, it’s highly possible we won’t see GTA VI before mid-gen.

I won’t be surprized if GTA V E&E edition is reported too to early 2022.

What about those GTA IV Complete Edition rumors on PS5 ? Is this a hint for GTA Online getting a map expansion with Liberty City ?

However, i’m not waiting for anything from R* for now. Sadly, last GTA Online update disappointed me too.

Standalone GTAO and GTA V E&E can easily point to a possible scenario where Rockstar is not interested in GTA6 Online or in any other GTAO sequel. These decisions (I mean making it separate and enhance for nextgen hardware) are for long term. Rockstar might make GTAO as an independent, game-as-a-service type of a thing like Minecraft or whatever. GTAO has proved it has the potential and content to keep people excited about it and make recurrent consumer spendings.

Not to mention that it's not that easy to transit one multiplayer progress and incorporate it into another sequel. Also resetting stats or abandoning the current state of GTAO will cause a disaster in the community, either for casual players or hardcore consumers.

I'm saying I won't expect a multiplayer part of the next GTA as the current GTAO has been developing to being able to live up to the expectations, nextgen-wise. Story will come and GTAO will be enhanced and expanded further with contents in the future.

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
Len Lfc
12 minutes ago, iPeluche said:

@Tez2stated, back in April right after Jason’s words, that GTA VI was 60%-70% done. That’s not early development.

So, who’s right ?

Who's right? Well Jason Schreier spoke to actual Rockstar developers.

3 years of pre-production isn't normal? Lot's of games are in pre-production for that long. RDR2 was in pre-production for around 3 years. Starting early 2011, until full production began when GTA V released. GTA VI entering full production after RDR2 released makes sense.

Ask yourself this. If GTA VI was 70% complete, as of April 2020. Why has it not yet been announced, and why is it not releasing until 2022, at the absolute earliest? It just doesn't add up. I've already stated I believe GTA VI may have been changed from its original concept, very early on. But that would have been years ago. Likely somewhere around 2015/16.

• Like 3
  • YEE 1
16 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Who's right? Well Jason Schreier spoke to actual Rockstar developers.

3 years of pre-production isn't normal? Lot's of games are in pre-production for that long. RDR2 was in pre-production for around 3 years. Starting early 2011, until full production began when GTA V released. GTA VI entering full production after RDR2 released makes sense.

Ask yourself this. If GTA VI was 70% complete, as of April 2020. Why has it not yet been announced, and why is it not releasing until 2022, at the absolute earliest? It just doesn't add up. I've already stated I believe GTA VI may have been changed from its original concept, very early on. But that would have been years ago. Likely somewhere around 2015/16.

Not so fast. You forget about two key points : GTA Online and Next-Gen transition. I assume what happened Cyberpunk 2077 earlier this month will make them think about more things that we think we could argue on right now.

A ten years (or more) of gap between two GTA is just terrible.

Anyway, we have too much versions from different point of view to really state where and when it started.

What happened since the release of GTA V (GTA V DLC, Agent, Bully 2, GTA VI’s unknown development, GTA:O milking, RDR2’s delays and RDO’s failure, Benzies/Dan Houser/Lazlow gone, etc...) is just terrible. In all of this we just had an LA:Noire remaster, a port of GTA’s trilogy and RDR2. It seems too poor for one generation of consoles. I still can’t believe we’ll have a new remaster for GTA V on Next Gen...

It’s hard to be hyped by R* these days...

Edited by iPeluche
  • Like 4
  • excuseme 1
Charlie111
1 hour ago, Pete4000uk said:

Just a pye in the sky idea, but, what about a moderately sized GTA6, say roughly the size of V but immediately start on GTA7 which could include all the San Fierro bay area and really use the power of the new generation of consoles?

By "smaller scale," it really means they are just going to make Vice City's beach smaller than last time.

• KEKW 2
55 minutes ago, iPeluche said:

So, who’s right ?

The thing is both of these statements are estimates from different sources (it's fairly hard to determine how much of a development has been done in %) and both percentages and statements about it being in "early development" are very vague. It could be that VI is 60%-70% done in terms of content, but the rest of the development, e.g. polishing phase may take a long time. The article stated just that the game is in "early development" but that alone without further info doesn't tell you much.

For example, Cyberpunk 2077 was in very early stages around E3 2018, developers were saying it's "years away" and that it had just entered pre-alpha stage, which does seem that the game is very far away. And yet not even a year later they announce a (planned) release date for April 2020. I am sure "years away" definitely does not mean 2 years to most people. I am not saying that Rockstar is the same as CDPR in this aspect, but just that the people's perception of what is "early development" is very different.

People just shouldn't think too hard about neither of these statements as they don't tell you when you should expect the reveal and/or launch. All we know for sure that the development is well under way, but when we see the reveal or launch is not so clear.

• Like 1
Len Lfc
27 minutes ago, 0909090 said:

For example, Cyberpunk 2077 was in very early stages around E3 2018, developers were saying it's "years away" and that it had just entered pre-alpha stage, which does seem that the game is very far away. And yet not even a year later they announce a (planned) release date for April 2020. I am sure "years away" definitely does not mean 2 years to most people. I am not saying that Rockstar is the same as CDPR in this aspect, but just that the people's perception of what is "early development" is very different.

People also believe that game was in development for 8 years. It wasn't. It was pre-production up until the last DLC for The Witcher 3, in May 2016.

• Like 2
RenegadeAngel
13 hours ago, wise_man said:

I wonder what will be the first GTA VI trailer's monologue, for real.

My personal ideal would be no monologue or dialogue at all. When it comes to the first trailer, I want them to give us a good feel of the setting, let us catch its vibe. A perfect example of that would be Narcos and its opening. Albeit not a trailer, this is exactly what I would like to see from Rockstar as the first premiere of the long-awaited game. 

• Like 2
Len Lfc

A Religious visionary passed this on to me, but I do not speak/understand German. Anyone who does care to listen? I've heard there's some interesting details in there. Sounds like some people took a nice holiday and had some fun in the sun...

• fir thi bairns 4
Americana
2 hours ago, Pete4000uk said:

Maybe Grand Theft Auto VI is going to be just an add-on, and the real Grand Theft Auto VI is Grand Theft Auto VIII.

• Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
WombR4aid3r

I have a feeling that the wait between GTA VI and VII won't be as long as the wait between V and VI. Maybe like 6 or 7 years instead of over a decade 

WombR4aid3r
2 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

A Religious visionary passed this on to me, but I do not speak/understand German. Anyone who does care to listen? I've heard there's some interesting details in there. Sounds like some people took a nice holiday and had some fun in the sun...

basically the guy who is interviewed in the podcast is part of Kleinemusik in the new update. He says he worked on the DLC about 9 months ago, and he met the rockstar team while he was DJ'ing at a party for rockstar developers and Sam Houser in Miami

Most likely related to the next GTA

Edited by WombR4aid3r
  • Like 4
  • YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 2

To make myself clear, I hate the online mode. I never played GTA online and never will. I am just asking simple questions to get everyone's opinions. 

What is the possiblity that the new online  South American Island  Heist  is part  1 of GTA6?  The new heist has a story and can be played in solo/single player mode in online.  All R* have to do is turn part 2 of GTA6  into one big Vice City Map extension for online. 

We all know that GTA Online  is the main focus and the main money maker of the GTA franchise now. R* believes that they don't have to make big games any more. Just split big games such as GTA 6, 7, 8, 9 etc. Into smaller story/single player DLC for online. 

Did the TTWO CEO say he wanted to make smaller stories? It is no wonder why Dan Houser left R*, because he didn't  like the direction the GTA franchise is heading. Project America begins for online. 

Is it just me or anybody else saw that the R* game developers was very very excited talking about single player in the game informer interview. 

Edited by Psycho18
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
4 minutes ago, Psycho18 said:

I hate the online mode. I never played GTA online and never will.

I hate flying. I never flew and never will.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
DexMacLeod
1 hour ago, Psycho18 said:

To make myself clear, I hate the online mode. I never played GTA online and never will. I am just asking simple questions to get everyone's opinions. 

What is the possiblity that the new online  South American Island  Heist  is part  1 of GTA6?  The new heist has a story and can be played in solo/single player mode in online.  All R* have to do is turn part 2 of GTA6  into one big Vice City Map extension for online. 

I think the possibility is low. It's a popular theory but I think it's more just wishful thinking than anything else. 

maximilian_gor1
12 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

I mean, time changed a little bit since GTA V. I personally know a sh*t about programming or coding or whatever but I think the Techniques and Opportunities to create a game which looks good and is faster to programme the sh*t out of it than in GTA V. So i really think, Early Development started back in 2017 and the game is now, 31st of December at 75-80% finished.

• Like 1
Itscoming2020
11 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

its an interview with adam port from keinemusik ( new gta update)

AT 17:23: "... (SAM Houser ) .... liked what we do, that he invited us to MIAMI to a party with Circoloco that they organized together with R *, for their programmers. They invited their programmers who were working on the game to the USA and they did things there, like driving Lambos, going to the Shooting Range ... "  "..... They should experience what they programming in real life" thats exactly what he said.

The work with R* for this Update was about 9 Month

Edited by Itscoming2020
  • Like 6
  • fir thi bairns 5
13 hours ago, Pete4000uk said:

I'd like to see London or an area outside the United States incorporated somehow. After all these years they have to change something up.  

GRANDHEIST
28 minutes ago, Itscoming2020 said:

"They should experience what they programming in real life"

Soon the police will find hundreds of stolen cars and dead hookers

• KEKW 6
DeltaV20
1 hour ago, Zello said:

Rockstar's parties must be crazy then.  Young Maylay was right when he said they throw a lot of parties lmao.

yup 
Rockstar Vienna: Als Wien die Heimat von "GTA" war - Games aus Österreich -  derStandard.at › WebRockstar Vienna: Als Wien die Heimat von "GTA" war - Games aus Österreich -  derStandard.at › Web

Edited by DeltaV20
  • Like 3
  • KEKW 2