3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

778 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

DeltaV20
12 hours ago, Felipeborges388 said:

Will Rockstar announce GTA VI before the release of GTA V E&E?

Yea spring 2021 would be cool for the tease and E&E is going to be released on fall 2021 , so yeah a tease can happen

• Like 2
Orthur The Boah
1 hour ago, deadasdisco said:

Yep! QA 100% would have access to specific builds. I’m certain they know what they are working on to lol as game developers, including rockstar have studio briefings to remain on track.

What do you mean by specific builds? I've read that QA job gets boring fast because most of the time you have to replay a single mission all day to test bugs.  but of course they would easily know what game is it and where it's set because they can easily guess that using the mission and dialogue.

• Like 2
deadasdisco
9 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

What do you mean by specific builds? I've read that QA job gets boring fast because most of the time you have to replay a single mission all day to test bugs.  but of course they would easily know what game is it and where it's set because they can easily guess that using the mission and dialogue.

I just meant as games are updated and changed constantly, new builds will be compiled on the regular for testing. Important if something breaks also, so you can go back. I’m not a game dev tho haha. 

Edited by deadasdisco
Len Lfc
3 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

What if Jeorge Consejo is Gavin and he's cut from the game?

Gavin isn't really a Mexican name. So that's pretty much unlikely. Maybe Galvino or Gavino. But it's 99.9% likely that IF he were a cut RDR2 character, he'd be someone completely unrelated.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Orthur The Boah
16 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Gavin isn't really a Mexican name. So that's pretty much unlikely. Maybe Galvino or Gavino. But it's 99.9% likely that IF he were a cut RDR2 character, he'd be someone completely unrelated.

oops I should have put an /s in my post lol.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Orthur The Boah
27 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

I just meant as games are updated and changed constantly, new builds will be compiled on the regular for testing. Important if something breaks also, so you can go back. I’m not a game dev tho haha. 

yea to me it makes sense and he doesn't sound too wrong. 

@Kris194 What makes you think he's bullsh*t?

• Like 1
GRANDHEIST
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

But it's 99.9% likely that IF he were a cut RDR2 character, he'd be someone completely unrelated.

His tweet to you though, kinda wierd from a professional actor to say stuff like that if he was just some small role

also remembering back on the time when all this came out, his social media indicated that he lived in NYC (where R* motion capture studio is) from 2014-2017 and then moved back to Miami indicating that his stay was work related

Edited by GRANDHEIST
  • Like 4
Len Lfc
15 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

His tweet to you though, kinda wierd from a professional actor to say stuff like that if he was just some small role

also remembering back on the time when all this came out, his social media indicated that he lived in NYC (where R* motion capture studio is) from 2014-2017 and then moved back to Miami indicating that his stay was work related

Yeah, it's just a really curious case. But also kinda' suspicious. I think we should just look at it like Tim Neff. Just gotta' wait until the game come out and see if he's in the credits... Not much else we can really do with it, tbh.

DexMacLeod
15 hours ago, Felipeborges388 said:

Nobody knows. It seems more likely to me that they'll wait and see how well the remaster performs. I wouldn't be surprised if the next-gen version gets a year or two of update/dripfeed cycles before they announce VI.

Also, it just doesn't make sense to start marketing a sequel when you're not done marketing the previous version.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Kris194
1 hour ago, Orthur The Boah said:

What makes you think he's bullsh*t?

No one has a clue about what project they are working on because that's not their concern. Their only job is to finish the task in a given deadline.

Bullsh*t.

Some teams might come up with beautiful-looking ideas, but if they can’t be put into the game world in seamless ways then those ideas will be dumbed down or cut entirely.

Source: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/red-dead-redemption-2-interview

The compiled code is only accessible by certain people in the company.

Not really

Notes –
•Early lockdown base build release to allow people to check new functions/their mission etc. we’ll continue to add fixes to this and release the final QA version at the end of the day.

Source - GTA V build version history log, "leaked" in 2013 when GTA V was released.

• Like 6
The Wolf Man
1 hour ago, DexMacLeod said:

Nobody knows. It seems more likely to me that they'll wait and see how well the remaster performs. I wouldn't be surprised if the next-gen version gets a year or two of update/dripfeed cycles before they announce VI.

Also, it just doesn't make sense to start marketing a sequel when you're not done marketing the previous version.

If they are remastering GTA V for PS5 it's because they have already planned at least a few updates and DLCs. 

Plus people say R* must release GTA VI because V will eventually get outdated but what open-world game from the last 7 years has surprassed GTA V? The competition is almost nule.

Edited by The Wolf Man
  • Like 1
DexMacLeod
41 minutes ago, The Wolf Man said:

If they are remastering GTA V for PS5 it's because they have already planned at least a few updates and DLCs. 

Plus people say R* must release GTA VI because V will eventually get outdated but what open-world game from the last 7 years has surprassed GTA V? The competition is almost nule.

Yeah, there's really no reason to believe that GTA V/Online can't last at least another five years on PS5 and the series consoles. The game only seems to get more popular with each update and they only need to release one or two big updates a year to sustain that.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
nicktestbranch

Hey gang this leaks must be legit, he keeps posting more and more intriguing details here, but he also said:

I have no doubt that Rockstar will, if they ever see this, change certain information about the game before information is teased on official channels, such as character names, but it’ll be clear that my leaks are legit by then.

I will continue posting and replying to comments for as long as I can, but I’ve stated many times that as soon as I hear a word about this account at work, the account is being deleted. I’m happy those of you who believe me have been further hyped up by my leaks, but I have asked before (and will ask anybody reading this now) to please not archive my posts and comments. If I delete this account I have deleted it for a reason, and want the information posted to be deleted without further evidence. Thank you.

With a daring post like that it's gotta be real y'all. God forbid he figures out how Google, Reddit, and GTA Forums can archive stuff even if he deletes it. Would totally hire this guy for outside marketing to my company.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 5
  • excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1
Len Lfc
48 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

Yeah, there's really no reason to believe that GTA V/Online can't last at least another five years on PS5 and the series consoles. The game only seems to get more popular with each update and they only need to release one or two big updates a year to sustain that.

Same logic can be applied to consoles. There's no reason to believe the PS4 can't last another 5 years, as it's only getting more and more popular and they're still making great games for it. Not saying you're wrong. But that regardless of how popular something is, they're still going to eventually release the next version. And we already know they're working on it anyway.

• Like 1
Americana

Yes, I think they will release our beloved Grand Theft Auto VI on PlayStation 6. Imagine the possibilities... even the numbers match. My... God...

• KEKW 4
  • excuseme 1
AntonGandonBF3
9 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

This guy seems to know what's he's talking about and is very specific about things...

Reveal hidden contents

+

standard stuff for many software companies actually. nothing r* exclusive.

DexMacLeod
9 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Same logic can be applied to consoles. There's no reason to believe the PS4 can't last another 5 years, as it's only getting more and more popular and they're still making great games for it. Not saying you're wrong. But that regardless of how popular something is, they're still going to eventually release the next version. And we already know they're working on it anyway.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting they'll never release GTA VI. But it doesn't really make any sense for them to take the time to "expand and enhance" GTA V if they're just going to replace it in a year or two.

This all stems from someone asking if they'd announce GTA VI before the GTA V upgrade. To use your example it'd be like Sony announcing the PS5 just before releasing the PS4 Pro. You don't announce the second upgrade before the first releases. People are more likely to skip the first upgrade and wait for the second.

I think there will be at least a year or two period of PS5 and XSX/S Online updates before they announce GTA VI. Followed by a year or two period of GTA VI promotional mini events in GTA Online.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Len Lfc
36 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

Yeah, I'm not suggesting they'll never release GTA VI. But it doesn't really make any sense for them to take the time to "expand and enhance" GTA V if they're just going to replace it in a year or two.

Conversely, it could be a last attempt at a final cash in for GTA V. Perhaps they know that GTA VI won't have the same day 1 sales as GTA V, due to the smaller install base, so this helps bring in extra revenue? I still expect exclusive tie-in content for GTA VI in GTA Online. Similar to the treasure hunts, to unlock the golden revolver in RDR2.

But yeah, overall I agree. I still think GTA V on next-gen is filling a gap, for Rockstar. GTA VI just needs more time.

• excuseme 1

Since RDR2's companion app runs on the RAGE engine, I wonder how would that work out for the app that would be bundled with GTA VI. We surely would have the standard features like tracking the player and all that, but I'm more interested in what else could it do, now that it uses RAGE. Run a mobile version of the game? Or remote play?

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 5
Len Lfc
1 hour ago, Tez2 said:

Since RDR2's companion app runs on the RAGE engine, I wonder how would that work out for the app that would be bundled with GTA VI. We surely would have the standard features like tracking the player and all that, but I'm more interested in what else could it do, now that it uses RAGE. Run a mobile version of the game? Or remote play?

Honestly, I think at best it'll be like RDR2. Just a second screen map, and stat tracking. Running on RAGE probably just makes it easier for them. Fallout 4 was similar with the Pip-Boy app. It used the exact same code as the game.

• Like 2
Volatollotalov
14 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

This guy seems to know what's he's talking about and is very specific about things...

Reveal hidden contents

This Reddit clown is not legit. Take their comment about leaking, and how they recently 'heard' with concern that Rockstar is issuing slightly different information between studios so that they can pinpoint the source of any leaks. That trick is as old as the hills, it's used everywhere. It shouldn't be even the slightest surprise to anyone appraised of the seriousness of the consequences of leaking. In fact that trick was in the UK news just a few days ago - the government used this method to identify the source of a leaked letter (nothing to do with video games). So our 'leaker' pal likely heard that news and made a mental note to spin it into their web of bullsh*t.

I wouldn't be surprised if this person is just patching together rumors and second and third-hand hearsay, some of it better known than others, and then embellishing it all with reams of made-up fanfic. They haven't got a clue.

Also, whoever this cretin is, I'm certain they have nothing to do with marketing. Or at best, they are nowhere near a professional level. No one legit, with allegedly two years of experience of working with Rockstar, in marketing (which is an incredibly tight-knit scene, especially in niches like games marketing for Scottish AAA studios), would be stupid enough to go about things this way. 

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 2
  • Ame I ssh
gonnaenodaethat
21 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

This Reddit clown is not legit. Take their comment about leaking, and how they recently 'heard' with concern that Rockstar is issuing slightly different information between studios so that they can pinpoint the source of any leaks. That trick is as old as the hills, it's used everywhere. It shouldn't be even the slightest surprise to anyone appraised of the seriousness of the consequences of leaking. In fact that trick was in the UK news just a few days ago - the government used this method to identify the source of a leaked letter (nothing to do with video games). So our 'leaker' pal likely heard that news and made a mental note to spin it into their web of bullsh*t.

I wouldn't be surprised if this person is just patching together rumors and second and third-hand hearsay, some of it better known than others, and then embellishing it all with reams of made-up fanfic. They haven't got a clue.

Also, whoever this cretin is, I'm certain they have nothing to do with marketing. Or at best, they are nowhere near a professional level. No one legit, with allegedly two years of experience of working with Rockstar, in marketing (which is an incredibly tight-knit scene, especially in niches like games marketing for Scottish AAA studios), would be stupid enough to go about things this way. 

If oanly he'd repeatedly posted videos o' Weevils daein' thi horizontal shuffle then he might huv had a chance..... 

• fir thi bairns 22
  • KEKW 2
  • excuseme 2
  • Bruh 3
Volatollotalov
On 12/28/2020 at 1:09 AM, Tez2 said:

My guess is it was still in pre-production back in 2015, so development probably didn't kick off until 2016 or 2017, but shortly after that, the pace slowed down due to RDR2 increased focus and Bully 2. The latter was canned in 2017, so I presume they did that to focus on GTAVI.

The other possibility - and I'm mentioning this if only for it to be ruled-out at a later date as not plausible - is that production did start around 2015, but then a decision was taken for whatever reason to completely restart GTA6 almost from the ground up, going in different creative and technical directions when RDR2 came out and Dan left. Another factor might have been emerging clarity at that time about the capabilities of next-gen consoles.

The controversial strategic decision from T2 to sweat-out the gains from GTAO for longer than had previously been the plan might be something of a win-win for T2 and Rockstar, keeping the balance sheet healthy with an extended program of online DLCs - and in the meanwhile buying Rockstar the time it needs to build Six without too much pressure.

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 1
Felipeborges388
On 12/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, Felipeborges388 said:

After reading some replies to my question many people think that GTAVI will only be announced after GTAV E&E. I did a research on Rockstar announcement dates and came to the conclusion that maybe we can see the GTAVI announcement before GTAV E&E, they already did a lot of announcements in the first half of the year, announcing GTAVI at the beginning of the year leaves the other half free for GTA V E&E and will boost it's sales.

Americana

Imagine that. You buy Grand Theft Auto V Enhanced Edition and in the Main Menu you see a new tab named "Trailers". You enter that tab and... there is a trailer for some good old Grand Theft Auto: Online DLC.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 5
  • Bruh 3

Maybe 15 years in the future, we all will be pissed off to R* again because they announce GTA VI E&E for PS7.

When we got GTA VI, we must anticipate the next R* milking strategy.

Edited by wise_man
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 3
Tommy "Nightmare" Smith
2 hours ago, wise_man said:

Maybe 15 years in the future, we all will be pissed off to R* again because they announce GTA VI E&E for PS7.

When we got GTA VI, we must anticipate the next R* milking strategy.

The most hated and loved game... In the world.