1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

901 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

36 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

Yeah, I'm not suggesting they'll never release GTA VI. But it doesn't really make any sense for them to take the time to "expand and enhance" GTA V if they're just going to replace it in a year or two.

Conversely, it could be a last attempt at a final cash in for GTA V. Perhaps they know that GTA VI won't have the same day 1 sales as GTA V, due to the smaller install base, so this helps bring in extra revenue? I still expect exclusive tie-in content for GTA VI in GTA Online. Similar to the treasure hunts, to unlock the golden revolver in RDR2.

But yeah, overall I agree. I still think GTA V on next-gen is filling a gap, for Rockstar. GTA VI just needs more time.

Since RDR2's companion app runs on the RAGE engine, I wonder how would that work out for the app that would be bundled with GTA VI. We surely would have the standard features like tracking the player and all that, but I'm more interested in what else could it do, now that it uses RAGE. Run a mobile version of the game? Or remote play?

Edited by Tez2

1 hour ago, Tez2 said:

Since RDR2's companion app runs on the RAGE engine, I wonder how would that work out for the app that would be bundled with GTA VI. We surely would have the standard features like tracking the player and all that, but I'm more interested in what else could it do, now that it uses RAGE. Run a mobile version of the game? Or remote play?

Honestly, I think at best it'll be like RDR2. Just a second screen map, and stat tracking. Running on RAGE probably just makes it easier for them. Fallout 4 was similar with the Pip-Boy app. It used the exact same code as the game.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

This guy seems to know what's he's talking about and is very specific about things...

Reveal hidden contents

This Reddit clown is not legit. Take their comment about leaking, and how they recently 'heard' with concern that Rockstar is issuing slightly different information between studios so that they can pinpoint the source of any leaks. That trick is as old as the hills, it's used everywhere. It shouldn't be even the slightest surprise to anyone appraised of the seriousness of the consequences of leaking. In fact that trick was in the UK news just a few days ago - the government used this method to identify the source of a leaked letter (nothing to do with video games). So our 'leaker' pal likely heard that news and made a mental note to spin it into their web of bullsh*t.

I wouldn't be surprised if this person is just patching together rumors and second and third-hand hearsay, some of it better known than others, and then embellishing it all with reams of made-up fanfic. They haven't got a clue.

Also, whoever this cretin is, I'm certain they have nothing to do with marketing. Or at best, they are nowhere near a professional level. No one legit, with allegedly two years of experience of working with Rockstar, in marketing (which is an incredibly tight-knit scene, especially in niches like games marketing for Scottish AAA studios), would be stupid enough to go about things this way. 

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

This Reddit clown is not legit. Take their comment about leaking, and how they recently 'heard' with concern that Rockstar is issuing slightly different information between studios so that they can pinpoint the source of any leaks. That trick is as old as the hills, it's used everywhere. It shouldn't be even the slightest surprise to anyone appraised of the seriousness of the consequences of leaking. In fact that trick was in the UK news just a few days ago - the government used this method to identify the source of a leaked letter (nothing to do with video games). So our 'leaker' pal likely heard that news and made a mental note to spin it into their web of bullsh*t.

I wouldn't be surprised if this person is just patching together rumors and second and third-hand hearsay, some of it better known than others, and then embellishing it all with reams of made-up fanfic. They haven't got a clue.

Also, whoever this cretin is, I'm certain they have nothing to do with marketing. Or at best, they are nowhere near a professional level. No one legit, with allegedly two years of experience of working with Rockstar, in marketing (which is an incredibly tight-knit scene, especially in niches like games marketing for Scottish AAA studios), would be stupid enough to go about things this way. 

If oanly he'd repeatedly posted videos o' Weevils daein' thi horizontal shuffle then he might huv had a chance..... 

On 12/28/2020 at 1:09 AM, Tez2 said:

My guess is it was still in pre-production back in 2015, so development probably didn't kick off until 2016 or 2017, but shortly after that, the pace slowed down due to RDR2 increased focus and Bully 2. The latter was canned in 2017, so I presume they did that to focus on GTAVI.

The other possibility - and I'm mentioning this if only for it to be ruled-out at a later date as not plausible - is that production did start around 2015, but then a decision was taken for whatever reason to completely restart GTA6 almost from the ground up, going in different creative and technical directions when RDR2 came out and Dan left. Another factor might have been emerging clarity at that time about the capabilities of next-gen consoles.

The controversial strategic decision from T2 to sweat-out the gains from GTAO for longer than had previously been the plan might be something of a win-win for T2 and Rockstar, keeping the balance sheet healthy with an extended program of online DLCs - and in the meanwhile buying Rockstar the time it needs to build Six without too much pressure.

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, Felipeborges388 said:

Will Rockstar announce GTA VI before the release of GTA V E&E?

After reading some replies to my question many people think that GTAVI will only be announced after GTAV E&E. I did a research on Rockstar announcement dates and came to the conclusion that maybe we can see the GTAVI announcement before GTAV E&E, they already did a lot of announcements in the first half of the year, announcing GTAVI at the beginning of the year leaves the other half free for GTA V E&E and will boost it's sales.

Imagine that. You buy Grand Theft Auto V Enhanced Edition and in the Main Menu you see a new tab named "Trailers". You enter that tab and... there is a trailer for some good old Grand Theft Auto: Online DLC.

Edited by Americana

Maybe 15 years in the future, we all will be pissed off to R* again because they announce GTA VI E&E for PS7.

When we got GTA VI, we must anticipate the next R* milking strategy.

Edited by wise_man

5 minutes ago, Franceskrt said:

The leak of gta iv complete edition for ps5 could be real?

It was real 10 years ago, for PS3.

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-The-Complete-Edition-Spotted-on-Amazon-159348.shtml

• Like 2

Tommy "Nightmare" Smith
2 hours ago, wise_man said:

Maybe 15 years in the future, we all will be pissed off to R* again because they announce GTA VI E&E for PS7.

When we got GTA VI, we must anticipate the next R* milking strategy.

The most hated and loved game... In the world. 

1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

I have faith this game will finally come to the PS4

I think GTAV PS5 will have a few uses. All of them being online related of course.  

The first is to keep that cash flow going until GTAVI and eventually use it as a way to cross promote the game like they did with RDR2 but on a bigger level. This is not likely to happen but imagine if they did a big ARG in the form of a treasure hunt ending with the first player to crack it digging up an 80's style pager showing the message, "Daddy's back bitches"  and the words "GTAVI" flashing on every online players screen. That's the type of cool sh*t they could do, if they keep GTAO as relevant as possible on new consoles.

Another big use could be to test certain things for GTAO2. I get the feeling Cayo Perico might be accessible with no load screens if you're crazy enough to fly over there. If that's the case my theory of GTAVI/GTAO2 literally expanding over the years with new city sized islands with their own story and online content could become a reality.

The lobby count itself is also likely to expand. We've gone from 16 to 32 to 64? If GTAO2 does become this constantly expanding playground 32 players definitely won't cut it. Hell 64 might not even cut it. Maybe this PS5/XBSX version might be a way of testing how many players they could add to LS without it turning into complete chaos. With the rise of battle royale games I feel like they should at least aim for 100 players. Multiple 10 man crews in 1 lobby could lead to some fun game modes if done right.

Someone said in this thread that it does not make sense to release GTA6 now as there is close to nobody on the PS5s and XBoxes.

We know that R* does not release their games on PC after 1 or 2 yrs. So this makes a bit of sense.

Spoiler

Expect a tease in 2028 and the release in 2031 for PS8/Xbox. Later in 2033 for PC 2.

• KEKW 3

51 minutes ago, GR7 said:

I think GTAV PS5 will have a few uses. All of them being online related of course.  

The first is to keep that cash flow going until GTAVI and eventually use it as a way to cross promote the game like they did with RDR2 but on a bigger level. This is not likely to happen but imagine if they did a big ARG in the form of a treasure hunt ending with the first player to crack it digging up an 80's style pager showing the message, "Daddy's back bitches"  and the words "GTAVI" flashing on every online players screen. That's the type of cool sh*t they could do, if they keep GTAO as relevant as possible on new consoles.

Another big use could be to test certain things for GTAO2. I get the feeling Cayo Perico might be accessible with no load screens if you're crazy enough to fly over there. If that's the case my theory of GTAVI/GTAO2 literally expanding over the years with new city sized islands with their own story and online content could become a reality.

The lobby count itself is also likely to expand. We've gone from 16 to 32 to 64? If GTAO2 does become this constantly expanding playground 32 players definitely won't cut it. Hell 64 might not even cut it. Maybe this PS5/XBSX version might be a way of testing how many players they could add to LS without it turning into complete chaos. With the rise of battle royale games I feel like they should at least aim for 100 players. Multiple 10 man crews in 1 lobby could lead to some fun game modes if done right.

With recent updates to Online Rockstar really does seem to be listening to fan feedback more. In the Cayo Piero heist we got a solo heist and a submarine, two long-requested features. I think a map expansion is inevitable for next-gen consoles, though it’ll probably happen in 2022-2023

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

29 minutes ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Someone said in this thread that it does not make sense to release GTA6 now as there is close to nobody on the PS5s and XBoxes.

We know that R* does not release their games on PC after 1 or 2 yrs. So this makes a bit of sense.

Hide contents

Expect a tease in 2028 and the release in 2031 for PS8/Xbox. Later in 2033 for PC 2.

I've said that for sure lol. There's three options.

Release a cross gen version to maximise sales that is ambitious for a PS4 game, but capped from reaching its full potential. (GTAV)

Release a current gen only version that achieves the full potential of their vision but will need to be held off at least until mid gen 2023/24 once the install base is higher. (GTAIV)

Release a cross gen version that tries to still reach its full potential at the expense of being unplayable on old consoles. (Cyberpunk) 

Edited by GR7
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, GR7 said:

The first is to keep that cash flow going until GTAVI and eventually use it as a way to cross promote the game like they did with RDR2 but on a bigger level. This is not likely to happen but imagine if they did a big ARG in the form of a treasure hunt ending with the first player to crack it digging up an 80's style pager showing the message, "Daddy's back bitches"  and the words "GTAVI" flashing on every online players screen.

Unfortunately, that would be completely uncomfortable and not professional at all. Reading this was also unpleasant, I hope they announce the new game more elegantly than this, given their many years of industry experience.

9 minutes ago, marquuard said:

Unfortunately, that would be completely uncomfortable and not professional at all. Reading this was also unpleasant, I hope they announce the new game more elegantly than this, given their many years of industry experience.

They definitely won't do that but it was more an example of cool sh*t they can do to use their current moneymaker to build more hype for their future moneymaker. If anything we'll probably have a small quest that will earn us a unique gun or clothing item in GTAVI.

I guess they'll also have to bring something forward from our GTAO1 characters over to GTAO2, it will be interesting to see what exactly that is. It definitely won't be our rank or the millions of dollars we've earnt. We'll definitely be starting from scratch when it comes to those two things lol.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, marquuard said:

They definitely won't do that but it was more an example of cool sh*t they can do to use their current moneymaker to build more hype for their future moneymaker. If anything we'll probably have a small quest that will earn us a unique gun or clothing item in GTAVI.

I guess they'll also have to bring something forward from our GTAO1 characters over to GTAO2, it will be interesting to see what exactly that is. It definitely won't be our rank or the millions of dollars we've earnt. We'll definitely be starting from scratch when it comes to those two things lol.

36 minutes ago, Americana said:

Why did I move here? Perhaps here... things will be different.

#VI.

life is not complicated , i love people , i don't smuggle people , perhaps here things will be same

• Like 3

"Why did I move here, I guess it was the weather. Or that thing... that magic." - Harry Potter.

Edited by Americana

when it comes to the story im not expecting anything spectacular  like jason s said a moderate sized tittle  

thats a loose term could mean moderate sized for this gen gta v and rdr 2 are moderate for this gen . 

but the story will not be as long as or deep s rdr 2  more gta v length i would say 

the map i think hopefully will be the same size as the rdr 2 map like the scouting leak suggests it might be vice city with parts of the everglades and i imagine states surrounding florida condensed into smaller towns with mountains kind of like rdr 2 was it was rewrites by dan houser and the story length that lead to the issues rockstar staff had so i would not worry about the map size 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1

12 hours ago, Americana said:

Why did I move here? Perhaps here... things will be different.

#VI.

I wonder what will be the first GTA VI trailer's monologue, for real.

Edited by wise_man

2 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

My guess is that the first words will be in spanish

Which I guess we might not start at Vice City (if it is set there). Most likely we'll start at one of the South America areas or the Cuba inspired place in the prologue