1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

896 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

8 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I'd say 2017, personally. Lines up with the Hugh Langley report of them not having settled on a location yet as of March 2016, and when GTA VI leaks really starting to happen; Tim Neff in July 2017 and Project Americas in March 2018. 2017 fits, as it also lines up with production transitioning between RDR2 nearing completion, and them rolling onto the next production. 

Not so sure if this makes sense but starting with the Smuggler's Run DLC, which released in 2017, R* decided to set the online mode in the years the updates were released and onwards, meaning it was no longer taking place before the story mode. Maybe in 2017, R* had preliminary plans for VI and its online mode set in mind and their decision to progress the years forward had something to do with VI's online? Maybe I'm just looking into it too much.  

Edited by EliteGamer_6
16 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I'd say 2017, personally. Lines up with the Hugh Langley report of them not having settled on a location yet as of March 2016, and when GTA VI leaks really starting to happen; Tim Neff in July 2017 and Project Americas in March 2018. 2017 fits, as it also lines up with production transitioning between RDR2 nearing completion, and them rolling onto the next production. 

2017 fits. That puts us at a 2022 release going off of 5 year production cycles... but most likely pushed back a year due to events of 2020.. so 2023. This would also line up with announcement to release typically being 2 years

38 minutes ago, docpain222 said:

So let's say they started it in 2015 (worst case possible). We are approaching 6 years of production on gta vi. At this rate, if we get an announcement October of this year, and a roughly 2 year gap from announcement to release, that puts us at 2023 release. Thats a minimum of 8 years to produce gta vi. To me that seems a bit long. I have no clue how it works to build a game, then have new consoles come out, and have to adapt what has already been made to fit to these new consoles. I won guess that alone takes a year to do. And, add in the issues of 2020, this could push the game out an additional year possibly. 

My guess is it was still in pre-production back in 2015, so development probably didn't kick off until 2016 or 2017, but shortly after that, the pace slowed down due to RDR2 increased focus and Bully 2. The latter was canned in 2017, so I presume they did that to focus on GTAVI.

Edited by Tez2
16 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

My guess is it was still in pre-production back in 2015, so development probably didn't kick off until 2016 or 2017, but shortly after that, the pace slowed down due to RDR2 increased focus and Bully 2. The latter was canned in 2017, so I presume they did that to focus on GTAVI.

Bully 2 after GTA VI
VaGBokP.png

I have a gut feeling gta 6 will be released in 2024. Gta 5 "expanded and enhanced" remaster is coming in 2021 which rockstar can sustain for a pretty long time looking at how much money GTA online is still bringing in. Then in late 2022 they announce a new GTA. We all know what comes next initial release of 2023 then the good old one year delay to 2024

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2
30 minutes ago, seth297 said:

only a concept map but i could to be fair see this as the map or something similar  

minus cuba dont think sa will be open world 

r/GTA6 - My very very hopeful hand-drawn rendition of a possible GTA6 map. (Logo inspired by u/NotoriousLipe)

I must say, I would really like to see a map like this in GTA VI, it looks just enough!

• Like 2

While I know there really isn't anything pointing towards San fierro and Las ventures, and the couple things that have been mentioned ]oint to vice city being the next location, I can't help but to think they will be the next area. It would seem fitting given we have been in Southern San andreas and now whenever gta vi drops, we move up to northern San andreas. Only time will tell. Either way, I will be happy with a new location and game 

1 hour ago, Tez2 said:

That makes sense. Bully 2 being put on the back burner for increased focus on gta vi adds up. I believe this year, after enhanced and expanded gta v drops, we will get an announcement. I can't see it being announced any further off then 2022 at the very least. And that's only because of what 2020 has done to all industries.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Felipeborges388 said:

Bully 2 after GTA VI
-snip-

What if it's the opposite and we get Bully 2 BEFORE GTA VI?

Edited by Zello
  • Like 3

I have played Bully recently (Yes, Hate me for not playing it before) and is such a great game. The soundtrack is amazing, is the same quality or even better than the GTA V and RDR2 score.

After I have played it, now I want Bully 2 and obviously GTA 6. I don't know if I going to get it because PS5 and Xbox Series X are ridiculously expensive in my country (Argentina's economy is trash).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Felipeborges388 said:

Will Rockstar announce GTA VI before the release of GTA V E&E?

My guess is after. They need to sell gta v E & E, both in a marketing sense and actual "copies". My guess is shortly after words, maybe 3 to 6 months, gta vi could be announced. Gta vi announcement before hand could take away from the E & E. I think one thing that is a bit of an issue currently, is the stock of the new consoles being so limited. I don't know what Sony and Microsoft are doing to fix that issue, but as of now you can't really find them anywhere (besides scalpers) and I have asked many businesses here in the u.s. and no one has an answer on a restock or how many will be coming. In a nut shell, you can't upgrade to E & E with no console to play it on

If GTA VI is next-gen only, scalpers could force R* to delay GTA VI announcement. They want to make sure next-gen consoles are in the hand of real customers first.

Also, if GTA VI had been announced around this point, scalpers could scam people by making "PS5 Rockstar's GTA VI Bundle" or some kind like that.

I want the entire Rockstar games collection on PS5 damn it! I'm still pissed that I can't play LCS, VCS, GTA IV on PS5 or Max Payne (2 and 3) and Midnight club (3 and LA)

b0GP5Wz.jpg?1

I was looking at my collection of PS4 and PS5 games last night and this was me again.

Edited by Zello

oof... reality is creeping in

There is good chance that Jorge Consejo only had/has some small role, way back I noticed he follows Joseph Thompson on twitter (actor who plays the small role: Gavin's Friend) and no one else from RDR2 cast

and if Project Americas got cancelled, using the leftover models as Guarma in RDR2 and the concept in Cayo Perico would make sense

back to square one in terms of hype

Spoiler

until...

1 minute ago, GRANDHEIST said:

although if they restarted around 2015-2016 that would be the time when the NARCOS boom happened. 

the main development probably started from second half of 2017 

8 hours ago, Mokiesmoky said:

I liked Bully but if Bully 2's cancellation means GTA VI will be better / come sooner then I'm all for it.

Yeah, I'd let Bully II die even for a Max Payne 3 DLC.

Edited by Americana
4 hours ago, Zello said:

I want the entire Rockstar games collection on PS5 damn it! I'm still pissed that I can't play LCS, VCS, GTA IV on PS5 or Max Payne (2 and 3) and Midnight club (3 and LA)

Dude, I wish we could get at least Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City and Vice City Stories on every platform, also on PC.

I mean, come on!

(Sorry for double post, I thought they still merge automatically...)

Edited by Americana
18 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

There is good chance that Jorge Consejo only had/has some small role, way back I noticed he follows Joseph Thompson on twitter (actor who plays the small role: Gavin's Friend) and no one else from RDR2 cast

What if Jeorge Consejo is Gavin and he's cut from the game? 😆

But he did mention the name Grand Theft Auto VI, Does Rockstar hides the game's name from everyone including the actors? If he has a small role then that makes sense but if he has a significantly good screen time then he'd probably know enough to make an educated guess of the name. Or he even knows the name for sure.

Edited by Orthur The Boah
5 minutes ago, Americana said:

Dude, I wish we could get at least Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City and Vice City Stories on every platform, also on PC.

I mean, come on!

(Sorry for double post, I thought they still merge automatically...)

Rockstar was not interested on PC much before steam , however you can still play those games through emulators but it's illegal i guess

2 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Rockstar was not interested on PC much before steam , however you can still play those games through emulators but it's illegal i guess

I don't care how long GTA VI takes tbh. What I really want is for Rockstar to fix their PC port of the old games and release them as a proper 'remaster', instead of having like 4 versions of which all of them are bad and won't work good without mods.

Would it sell great? probably not. But come on they have more than enough man power to fix those PC ports and release it some kind of Definitive Edition of the GTA Trilogy(not a remake). That'd be great fan service. And they can also port the LCS and VCS along the way. All this can be done by Rockstar Dundee.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

This guy seems to know what's he's talking about and is very specific about things...

Reveal hidden contents

Quite a lot of it sounds unlikely to say the least.

• YEE 2
54 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Quite a lot of it sounds unlikely to say the least.

Yep! QA 100% would have access to specific builds. I’m certain they know what they are working on to lol as game developers, including rockstar have studio briefings to remain on track.

Edited by deadasdisco