3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

778 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

rml_gta
15 minutes ago, Patrizio said:

And this is all we want. Just an announcement with a logo.

Yup, for me it would be ok, I only want to know officially that the game is going to exist at sometime in the next 4 years, I mean CD Projekt RED revealed Cyberpunk 2077 at the first developement stages in 2012, I don´t want that long time announcement when they start to develope it, but I can´t believe they are starting to develope the game now, it must be as was reported a few months ago 70% or more it´s done, not in early stages but not ready to be finished, for a safe announcement soon in 2021 to launch at 2023/2024, I would be satisfied with that

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Algonquin Assassin
21 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

Yup, for me it would be ok, I only want to know officially that the game is going to exist at sometime in the next 4 years, I mean CD Projekt RED revealed Cyberpunk 2077 at the first developement stages in 2012, I don´t want that long time announcement when they start to develope it, but I can´t believe they are starting to develope the game now, it must be as was reported a few months ago 70% or more it´s done, not in early stages but not ready to be finished, for a safe announcement soon in 2021 to launch at 2023/2024, I would be satisfied with that

I’m cool with if they hold off an announcement for another year or so if that means the time from announcement until release is kept short.

In fact I’d rather if they’ve been working on it all this time and only announcing it towards the end of development. If that’s 2021/2022 so be it.

• Like 1
Orthur The Boah
19 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

In fact I’d rather if they’ve been working on it all this time and only announcing it towards the end of development. If that’s 2021/2022 so be it.

More like 2022/2023 tbh. Or if covid pushed the development it could be even 2023/2024. I can wait, honestly. But the community has become kinda toxic and lots of pessimism. Surprisingly lots of people think Rockstar is not going to make another story mode game because of GTA O. I just want a logo that would prove all of them wrong and start the hype. Of course don't Announce it too early, though.

• Like 4
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
Algonquin Assassin
6 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

More like 2022/2023 tbh. Or if covid pushed the development it could be even 2023/2024. I can wait, honestly. But the community has become kinda toxic and lots of pessimism. Surprisingly lots of people think Rockstar is not going to make another story mode game because of GTA O. I just want a logo that would prove all of them wrong and start the hype. Of course don't Announce it too early, though.

I’m still tipping a late 2021 announcement and late 2022 release with a 2023 buffer to allow for potential delays.

• Like 1
SonofLosSantos
3 hours ago, Americana said:

If not for every single NPC, then for nobody.

In my opinion every single character and pedestrian should be just the same quality.

It's true that long hair in Grand Theft Auto games look weird, especially on women. I mean, in Grand Theft Auto IV almost every woman NPC has short hair, and in Grand Theft Auto V... it's quite the same?

At this point in time, that’s just not a realistic expectation, and tbh? It shouldn’t be. The main characters should have a distinctive quality that sets them out from the crowd. We shouldn’t have to sacrifice the quality of the main characters appearance to make ALL characters look the same, playable or not. I understand what you’re trying to say but it’s not that cut and dry. the npcs shouldn’t look like trash, but if we could balance the quality of the characters with the quantity of them that we see on screen at once, and also keep the main characters looking A+, I think that’s perfect. npcs don’t have to look as good as story characters, because there’s really no reason why they should. Maybe NEXT console generation. Maybe.

8 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I’m still tipping a late 2021 announcement and late 2022 release with a 2023 buffer to allow for potential delays.

i still feel like late 2021 announcement is too early...

Edited by SonofLosSantos
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 3
  • excuseme 1
NightmanCometh96
2 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I’m cool with if they hold off an announcement for another year or so if that means the time from announcement until release is kept short.

This is pretty much what they did with RDR2's PC version: October 2019 announcement -> November 2019 release date (December for Steam). Granted that was for an already released game, but I hope R* handles their future announcements in a similar fashion, if possible.

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 2
Len Lfc
4 hours ago, Patrizio said:

And this is all we want. Just an announcement with a logo.

I don't know. I still maintain people say they want that. But after a 12 month drought, people will demand more. Always happens.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
mussefar03
6 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I don't know. I still maintain people say they want that. But after a 12 month drought, people will demand more. Always happens.

Just a trailer. just one. then i will be satisfied

• Like 1
Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, mussefar03 said:

Just a trailer. just one. then i will be satisfied

Everyone is satisfied until they're not.

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2
  • Bruh 1
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

Everyone is satisfied until they're not.

The trailer at least gave us something to talk about for that year. From that short trailer you had topics like.

How big must the map be to feature those mountains in a seemingly remote (lol)location?

Will it be LS only or will we get other islands like San Diego?

Who's the protagonist? Red car guy or balcony guy?

Who is balcony guy? Possibly a Mcreary?

What kind of animals can we expect in a southern California setting?

Once we have a confirmed time, location and a hint of a protagonist at least we won't be shooting in the dark trying to speculate over no official info. Even a logo would be enough of a talking point to get things going lol.

Edited by GR7
DeltaV20
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

i think R* thinks dropping a teaser is not necessary now bcz it's been leaked that the game is in development 

Just an announcement with a logo won't satisfy you as you already know GTA VI is in development and I don't think releasing a trailer makes sense if it's not near the release. 

• Like 3
  • excuseme 2
DeltaV20
1 minute ago, mathhead said:

Just an announcement with a logo won't satisfy you as you already know GTA VI is in development and I don't think releasing a trailer makes sense if it's not near the release. 

But for official confirmation a trailer is necessary imo 

• Like 2
Len Lfc
12 minutes ago, mathhead said:

yeah, that's my point. Common sense dictates it's already in development, and has been for a while. Knowing about it doesn't change much. I'm not saying seeing a logo or trailer won't make us happy. It damn well will, and I can't wait, either. I'm just saying, human nature makes us all constantly look forward to the next thing. We get what we want, and after a while we'll be satisfied and then start to look ahead to what's next. We think we just want official confirmation/announcement. But even after we do, that won't last long before we want more.

Ask Elder Scrolls fans if they're okay with an TESVI announcement alone. That game is about 4 years away. Same for Starfield. For the past 2 years fans have been asking for more. Obviously that's not what every fan is like. But generally speaking, I'm just saying " this is all we want. Just an announcement with a logo." ultimately isn't true. I've been there before and seen it for multiple games. It's kinda like an addict who just wants a little bit. That's all. But it's never enough. 😂

And btw, I do include myself in this lol.

• Like 6

imo they will fully focus on the gta online re-release in 2021 (this sound so stupid lol)

i think they will stay silent about a gta-next until 2022, or they will use a gta-next to push the sales and say sth like "gta online gets release in less than 2 months, ah and btw yes gta 6 is in development, buy shark cards"

• KEKW 2
Orthur The Boah

@Len Lfc Do you think that GTAV PS5 delays GTAVI like everyone says? (including that guy above me)... I've seen so many people say that very surely I'm tired of it tbh... Can't explain it to everyone no matter how much I try but whatever lmao.

• YEE 1
  • excuseme 1
Len Lfc
1 minute ago, Orthur The Boah said:

@Len Lfc Do you think that GTAV PS5 delays GTAVI like everyone says? (including that guy above me)... I've seen so many people say that very surely I'm tired of it tbh... Can't explain it to everyone no matter how much I try but whatever lmao.

It's possible. Nobody really knows. It's all theory and speculation. It would make sense to have a decent gap between the release of GTA V next-gen and the announcement of GTA VI. However on the other hand, they may decide to have them close together as they know GTA VI will be a year or two away after its announcement. COVID-19 has just delayed and messed with everything, worldwide. So any predictions are a lot harder to make.

Given the delays in the gaming industry, and the subsequent problems caused by it. A 2022 announcement for GTA VI is more than possible. And might actually be the most likely. They were unable to do performance capture for a good 6 months. And I'm not even sure if they've been good to go without having to stop again, since. Not to mention the issues with WFH.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
DeltaV20
21 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Jason Schreier predicted Gta O standalone, DLC expansion and gta 6 , Gta 6 prediction was correct too but Dan's departure and COVID disturbed it 

Orthur The Boah
18 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

It's possible. Nobody really knows. It's all theory and speculation. It would make sense to have a decent gap between the release of GTA V next-gen and the announcement of GTA VI. However on the other hand, they may decide to have them close together as they know GTA VI will be a year or two away after its announcement. COVID-19 has just delayed and messed with everything, worldwide. So any predictions are a lot harder to make.

Given the delays in the gaming industry, and the subsequent problems caused by it. A 2022 announcement for GTA VI is more than possible. And might actually be the most likely. They were unable to do performance capture for a good 6 months. And I'm not even sure if they've been good to go without having to stop again, since. Not to mention the issues with WFH.

Yeah... That's my worst nightmare written in a paragraph.

But I still think Announcing GTA VI will be beneficial for GTA V, maybe GTA VI related content exclusively given away in GTA V? Something like that. I would go and replay GTA V when VI is Announced that's for sure.

Anyway... 

• Like 2
Len Lfc
18 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Jason Schreier predicted Gta O standalone, DLC expansion and gta 6 , Gta 6 prediction was correct too but Dan's departure and COVID disturbed it 

Not sure where you're getting that from. Only predictions he made were these:

Spoiler

Jason Schreier’s predictions:

1. Nintendo will release a Switch Pro along with third-party ports that can only run on it.
  2. Rockstar will announce Grand Theft Auto 6.
  3. Google will drastically overhaul Stadia’s model/pricing.
  4. PS5 will massively outsell Xbox Series X in its first month.
  5. A presidential candidate will participate in some sort of Fortnite event.
  6. Apple will put out a game on PC or consoles.
  7. Amazon will launch some sort of streaming service and store with built-in Twitch features and interactivity.
  8. A U.S.-based game development studio will unionize.
  9. Sony will skip E3 once again, as will at least one major publisher that attended E3 in 2019.
  10. Disney will buy/invest big in a video game company.

And GTA VI wasn't announced. So no... he wasn't correct about that.

• Like 3
MrBreak16
2 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Hide contents

1. Nintendo will release a Switch Pro along with third-party ports that can only run on it.
  7. Amazon will launch some sort of streaming service and store with built-in Twitch features and interactivity.
  9. Sony will skip E3 once again, as will at least one major publisher that attended E3 in 2019.

He wasn’t correct on most if not all of these

• Like 2
DeltaV20
41 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Hide contents

ahh i think i messed up Jason's predictions , A guy on reddit posted about about gta O expansion and standalone version on (april i guess) , and he also posted something related to gta 6's announcement i guess

Americana
1 hour ago, MrBreak16 said:

He wasn’t correct on most if not all of these

Who could have guessed? Certainly not teenagers on Twitter.

The Made Man

lol!!! GTA 6 aint coming out for a sh*t while. Looking at Cyberpunk 2077 disaster R* is probably like "we can take as much time as we want." 

• KEKW 4
ROCKSTAR MANIC

R* would still wait a month to say anything about the "current gen V" makes me question what type of improvements they might add. Makes me question also whats "improvement" in their book.

Len Lfc
12 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

R* would still wait a month to say anything about the "current gen V" makes me question what type of improvements they might add. Makes me question also whats "improvement" in their book.

You'd have to expect at the very least, native 4K, 60fps, ray tracing, enhanced textures, shadows, draw distances, etc. Not all at once. There may be a performance mode option, this time. But yeah, they announced it what? 6 months ago? And we still know nothing. Odds are we'll see it early next year. Probably around February/March.