Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]


Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

 

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

761 members have voted

  1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

    • 2020
      41
    • 2021
      473
    • 2022 or later
      247
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

    • Earlier than 2022
      23
    • 2022
      133
    • 2023
      397
    • Later than 2023
      208
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

    • Vice City
      575
    • Liberty City
      8
    • A completely new place
      103
    • All the earlier GTA places at once
      75


  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Len Lfc

    433

  • Zello

    400

  • DeltaV20

    373

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

Recommended Posts

EliteGamer_6

He leaked the 6th entry in the series.......but not for the one we were hoping for 😔

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Acetaminophen

When I bought my PS4 in 2014 and got it out of the box I whispered to it "I can't wait to be playing GTA 6 on you" hahahahahahahaha

  • KEKW 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Before anyone gets carried away. It was because of his Battlefield 6 leaks.

Yea lol , it would be hillarious to think T2 or R* was behind it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bakerach said:

S2lTq2s.png

Posted this in the logo thread too, but it was something I thought about a while ago.  I have a feeling that VI will drop sometime around the new PSVR, which I would imagine to be sometime in 2023 with an official reveal for each sometime later this year (PSVR at E3 maybe, GTA whenever they want).

VR?? E3?? PSVR?? GTA is a multi platform game not a "exclusive PS game"... Rockstar never announces anything on the E3, unless it's something no one expects

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
dantedenirodeniro
Just now, Bliss said:

VR?? E3?? PSVR?? GTA is a multi platform game not a "exclusive PS game"... Rockstar never announces anything on the E3, unless it's something no one expects

Rockstar kinda have a romance with Sony and PlayStation, they announced the GTA V for PS4 and the E&E version on Sony events for E3 (actually, the E&E one was announced in State of Play, since there was no E3 in 2020)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bliss said:

VR?? E3?? PSVR?? GTA is a multi platform game not a "exclusive PS game"... Rockstar never announces anything on the E3, unless it's something no one expects

I didn't say exclusive, and I said PSVR would probably have a reveal at E3, not GTA.  I just think that the next R* game will have a VR option.  PC and PS will both be able to do it, I don't know what Xbox has planned but having a VR element for GTA would sell a lot of PS units.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dantedenirodeniro
16 minutes ago, Acetaminophen said:

When I bought my PS4 in 2014 and got it out of the box I whispered to it "I can't wait to be playing GTA 6 on you" hahahahahahahaha

You damned us all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RighteousMind369
Just now, dantedenirodeniro said:

just like rockstar

it was supposed to be a gif of 

Spoiler

arthur saying "damn us both!" before being shot by micah 

but forget it..im just gonna go buy some sharkcards to make me feel superior

  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
dantedenirodeniro
Just now, RighteousMind369 said:

but forget it..im just gonna go buy some sharkcards to make me feel superior

go on man, that's why they are there

Link to post
Share on other sites
Volatollotalov

Looks like now isn't a good time to be waiting for the next GTA in Illinois.

 

I guess the good news is that this ban would would be impossible to enforce in reality, even if it passed into law. The bad news is that there are plenty of presumably well-meaning people out there who believe that banning GTA is the way to stop real life car jackings. Another example of someone jumping on the GTA bandwaggon for thier own publicity maybe?

 

I mean, as we know, Rockstar totally invented carjacking. It never existed before the first GTA.

 

  • KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

Looks like now isn't a good time to be waiting for the next GTA in Illinois.

 

I guess the good news is that this ban would would be impossible to enforce in reality, even if it passed into law. The bad news is that there are plenty of presumably well-meaning people out there who believe that banning GTA is the way to stop real life car jackings. Another example of someone jumping on the GTA bandwaggon for thier own publicity maybe?

 

I mean, as we know, Rockstar totally invented carjacking. It never existed before the first GTA.

 

sad fact is people think this crap is true video games to blame for real world violence people who commit  this crimes are just scumbags 

 no other reason 

 

if video games actually made people violent everyone on this forum would have gone to  the electric chair by now without being to graphic 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we indeed had a development restart that makes the old Project Americas leak outdated right?

 

Really hope they keep the drug dealing concept as the main draw of the game.

 

A lot of gtas had that element in their story but we never got to experience a Scarface story from start to finish. Vice city and Vcs stories were great for their time but imagine what can be done with todays technology.

 

If they keep the drug dealing scenario i hope they replace the heists with these drug dealing type of missions.

 

Meaning no generic drug dealing missions, let us do only 4-5 major deals and give us freedom on how to do them.

Something like Cayo Perico but crank it to 100.

 

Scope out the area, get untraceable weapons, steal vehicles,maybe deal with the alligators.

 

Imagine starting a deal and mess up because of mistake in the prep missions like Cayo Perico when you visit the island as a smuggler and forget to stash your weapons (happened to me first time, had a good laugh)

Imagine doing something like Dugan shipments (something less grindy of course, more single player friendly)

In order to get the mission difficulty just like you want it...

 

People often diss Gta online and i can understand the reason, i get it. 

 

However if you exclude all the griefing all the grinding and focus on the good parts of the game you would hope that those elements carry over on the next installment.

 

Rockstar has been critized for having linear mission structure (especially iv) so i think that online dlcs like Cayo Perico and Casino heist elevated the gta franchise.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

If we indeed had a development restart that makes the old Project Americas leak outdated right?

 

Really hope they keep the drug dealing concept as the main draw of the game.

 

A lot of gtas had that element in their story but we never got to experience a Scarface story from start to finish. Vice city and Vcs stories were great for their time but imagine what can be done with todays technology.

 

If they keep the drug dealing scenario i hope they replace the heists with these drug dealing type of missions.

 

Meaning no generic drug dealing missions, let us do only 4-5 major deals and give us freedom on how to do them.

Something like Cayo Perico but crank it to 100.

 

Scope out the area, get untraceable weapons, steal vehicles,maybe deal with the alligators.

 

I want drug deals like this Meet with the contact who has the drugs, test the cocaine for purity with a small device a blue color means it's real if it's not he's trying to rip you off, then either you complete the deal and go your separate ways or the cops try to stop you, the guy who has the drugs decides to double cross you and take your money, or you double cross him and steal it.

 

Also in Vice City aside from the opening cutscene. Tommy never touches drugs.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Volatollotalov
33 minutes ago, Zello said:

Strauss Zelnick and the lawyers are on the first flight to Illinois.

 

It's kinda surprising to me that car jacking is being used as the excuse, I would have thought that the drugs or at least the casino gambling content in Online would be more of a political grenade. Makes me wonder if a rival studio's lawyers got to the Illinois Senate first, with a gift of a very nice briefcase 😆

 

Though I do hope that shenanigans like this won't water down the content of Six, or anything else Rockstar might be working on.

 

Edited by Volatollotalov
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zello said:

 

I want drug deals like this meet with a contact test his drugs for purity if they're real or not if it's blue it's real if it's fake he's trying to rip you off with a random chance that the deal gets interrupted by the cops.

Dude really stuff like that is what i am talking about! 

Sure we had drug dealing games but after Rdr 2 i believe Rockstar "owes" us (metaphorically speaking) a gta with that kind of detail and a gripping story with actual consequences. They can pull this off. Dont want to sound grim but tyis might be the last gta game in it's current form... Do the impossible and suprass Rdr 2!

 

Drug dealing in VC is too cartoony for my 2021 taste. I mean it's amazing for 2002 but todays standards are different.

Have an addiction mechanic, have deals work in a lot of ways, make us THINK before we act like in Rdr 2.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dourvas said:

Drug dealing in VC is too cartoony for my 2021 taste. I mean it's amazing for 2002 but todays standards are different.

Have an addiction mechanic, have deals work in a lot of ways, make us THINK before we act like in Rdr 2.

In VC there wasn't any drug dealing. Tommy never touches drugs aside from the opening cutscene. Unless you want to count the ice cream truck asset side mission where you sell drugs from the ice cream truck.

 

VCS was the only one where there were more drugs involved in the storyline.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zello said:

In VC there wasn't any drug dealing. Tommy never touches drugs aside from the opening cutscene. Unless you want to count the ice cream truck asset side mission where you sell drugs from the ice cream truck.

 

VCS was the only one where there were more drugs involved in the storyline.

Yeah they had a "hey its Miami we need to include drugs" moment 😆

VCS had the second best story after iv imo. Such an underrated gem of a game. Won't spoil foe anybody who didn't play but the story is phenomenal.

 

The limitations of the psp however didn't allow the story to shine in it's full form though.. imagine some of these scenes with hd era acting, directing, cinematography. Now that would be grand!

  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegadeAngel

But will Rockstar be able to go in depth with the drugs without getting the game banned or heavily censored in certain countries? It will probably pass in America and Europe, but I know that Japan, for instance, is really sensitive when it comes to this topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

But will Rockstar be able to go in depth with the drugs without getting the game banned or heavily censored in certain countries? It will probably pass in America and Europe, but I know that Japan, for instance, is really sensitive when it comes to this topic.

Chinatown wars got away with it's drug dealing system and no one complained about that and then there was The Scarface game that had a lot of drug dealing and not a peep either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegadeAngel
2 minutes ago, Zello said:

Chinatown wars got away with it's drug dealing system and no one complained about that and then there was The Scarface game that had a lot of drug dealing and not a peep either. 

Yeah, maybe you're right, but I think the photorealistic graphics nowadays make it harder and harder to justify that kind of stuff. Back then you could make the case for games not being realistically looking enough therefore not as graphic, but now... Who the hell knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RenegadeAngel said:

Yeah, maybe you're right, but I think the photorealistic graphics nowadays make it harder and harder to justify that kind of stuff. Back then you could make the case for games not being realistically looking enough therefore not as graphic, but now... Who the hell knows?

But back then games got in trouble. Today not so much if it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegadeAngel
6 minutes ago, Zello said:

But back then games got in trouble. Today not so much if it all.

Yeah, but there are no games out there that depict drugs in a raw, realistic way and that worries me since it's common knowledge how ridiculous drug laws are in certain countries. Some places are good with rape, terrorism, dismemberment, nudity etc, but don't you dare showing drugs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ArthurZussman

Oh no

Sony announced a State of Play to Thursday. I hope this thread doesnt flood with deluded dreams of an announcement or anything

Edited by ArthurZussman
changed to dreams, because we already have a lot of deluled speculation in this topic
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dourvas said:

Yeah they had a "hey its Miami we need to include drugs" moment 😆

VCS had the second best story after iv imo. Such an underrated gem of a game. Won't spoil foe anybody who didn't play but the story is phenomenal.

 

The limitations of the psp however didn't allow the story to shine in it's full form though.. imagine some of these scenes with hd era acting, directing, cinematography. Now that would be grand!

VCS super underrated. My first GTA. We gotta go back to 80s VIce city.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Yeah, but there are no games out there that depict drugs in a raw, realistic way and that worries me since it's common knowledge how ridiculous drug laws are in certain countries. Some places are good with rape, terrorism, dismemberment, nudity etc, but don't you dare showing drugs.

Well, at there is no a contry hispanic american reference (Colombia, Venezuela, Nicaragua,etc) all quiet (here for Latín American players).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 14 Users Currently Viewing
    6 members, 1 Anonymous, 7 Guests

    • skuziak
    • Gentle_Shelby
    • Orbea Occam
    • Noktuz
    • Cosworth
    • ImHunterr
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.