1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

890 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

At this point I just really hope they make GTA 6 single player and GTAO2 into 2 different games. Really dont want any sort of integration as its just going to ruin the SP experience

7 minutes ago, TF141 said:

At this point I just really hope they make GTA 6 single player and GTAO2 into 2 different games. Really dont want any sort of integration as its just going to ruin the SP experience

Agreed, the last thing i'd want is some type of forced integration where i'll get a diminished version of the single player game if i disable my internet or something (kind of like the online crap in AC where certain NPC's and quests aren't available if you turn your internet off). 

13 hours ago, Nikhilmao said:

Unfortunately, I don't think PC will support the DualSense functionality, you'll need a PS5 to make full use of that. Let's hope that they do add support for it, but I wonder whether it is up to the game developers or Sony to allow the functionality on PC. Most likely Sony because they would want more incentive to buy a PS5.

Has Sony patented DualSense's functionalities? If they didn't, then R* would name it differently for PC which would allow other companies to build controllers with those functionalities/

12 minutes ago, Lethal-lock said:

Didn't someone from Rockstar say that at some point in an interview?  That it was their vision to have all of the cities connected so you could just drive to the airport, hop onto a plane *insert cutscene* and then bam, you're playing in a new city?  I hate online and would never benefit from it but i can see how it would be cool for people that are into the game. 

"Of course at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities and let the player fly between them and revisit their favorite areas, and in that context reimagining Vice City would be very interesting." quoting

Leslie Benzies

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/exploring-grand-theft-auto-vice-citys-lasting-impact-on-gamer-culture-with-rockstars-leslie-benzies/

4 minutes ago, evel79njpod666 said:

"Of course at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities and let the player fly between them and revisit their favorite areas, and in that context reimagining Vice City would be very interesting." quoting

Leslie Benzies

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/exploring-grand-theft-auto-vice-citys-lasting-impact-on-gamer-culture-with-rockstars-leslie-benzies/

Yeah, I really think they are finally doing what they had in mind 7 years ago, that's why they emphasized in calling it "GTA Online" and not "GTA V multiplayer" or "GTA V Online", even in the reveal trailer they explicitly said "Rockstar games is bringing the Grand Theft Auto experience in a dynamic and shared world", I thought in the past that GTA Online was going to be the ultimate Rockstar GTA MMO, meanwhile they will release the new single player games but the online counterpart follows it's own path, and it looks that I wasn't wrong... Even in the GTA V box if you look in the back it says "featuring GTA Online", like "this game gives you access to GTA Online", like a different game, and now this theory gains more credibility because they are releasing GTA Online as a standalone game, similar to Call Of Duty with Warzone, Warzone follows it's own way and the classic games a more classic path

I hope in GTA 6 we can burp and fart just like in GTA 2

And I hope The Beat 102.7 will return in LC in GTA 6

The returning of Maisonette 9 and Hercules in GTA 6 will be nice, imagine that the female protag is dancing in the dance floor, so sexy

Edited by JaeDan 101
14 minutes ago, JaeDan 101 said:

I hope in GTA 6 we can burp and fart just like in GTA 2

And I hope The Beat 102.7 will return in LC in GTA 6

YOU COULD FART?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just now, Reegisfilbin said:

YOU COULD FART?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

All of us can fart lol wtf

Anyway, I wish this game will have lots of activities to do

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

Something i found weird...

@gonnaenodaethat posted a video last year. 

After my first viewing of the video last year i immediately dismissed anything related to it..

However after last March and the conficting reports of tez/yan and jason Schrier i had a theory.

I thought Gta Vi got a soft/hard restart of some sort. Some parts of the development got scrapped completely in favour of a new direction.

I was randomly browsing the LFS YouTube channel and that video got my attention..

I don't know if i am reaching with this but that video above... It looks like the world is ending. Everything is ripped apart, faces, entire planets...

Like somebody is destroying the old code in favour of a new one...

Am i reaching here? 

Edited by Dourvas
2 hours ago, Dourvas said:

After my first viewing of the video last year i immediately dismissed anything related to it..

However after last March and the conficting reports of tez/yan and jason Schrier i had a theory.

I thought Gta Vi got a soft/hard restart of some sort. Some parts of the development got scrapped completely in favour of a new direction.

I was randomly browsing the LFS YouTube channel and that video got my attention..

I don't know if i am reaching with this but that video above... It looks like the world is ending. Everything is ripped apart, faces, entire planets...

Am i reaching here? 

>Dan left R* in March '20

>this vid got uploaded in next month

Looks like The Man wanted to tell us that Dan's vision of next GTA is being destroyed

which makes my theory of Zelnick's takeover right

Edited by VCPR Official

Tbh I think it's simply just that Dan was exhausted from writing RDR 2 and wanted to happily retire to spend time with his family or was left out due to crunch and delays caused by him. Probably has nothing to do with T2 forcing R* what to do for GTA VI since they know the quality that R* produces.

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • Like 1

What was Dan's original plan for GTA VI? I'm sure it was different from Sam's, Leslie's, Aaron's. If GTA VI was reworked and the script changed, it wouldn't necessarily spell out doom and be more of a great thing, because despite who left, I'm sure they still had some sort of input on the next big score. 

GTA V felt rushed to me for some weird reason despite how great the game is, it was like,  "ok, we have all these assets; lets make it all work." The game felt conflicted with the 3 protagonists and left a lot to be desired (single player dlc, online heist, etc).

GTA VI on the other hand should expound on the environments being a big factor like RDR2 does and how you have to adapt to them. Maybe a crime in one area is more severe versus another. Language and mannerisms are picked up if you stay in certain areas too long. Some cars are manual, stall, don't start. 

Whatever the case I feel as if GTA Online is slowly stealing from Vice City culture especially with the Perico Heist and nuclear submarine which is inspired and based loosely off true events.. 🥴

Edited by Black_Jesus

Well first of all Dan actually stopped working at Rockstar since early 2019 and he officially departed from the company in 2020 and I don't really think Zelnick had anything to do with it. Zelnick is greedy but he's not stupid, at least that's how I see him.

And the only reason GTAVI could be rebooted to an extent would most likely be due to mission design criticisms of RDR2. Say Cayo Perico's design is a prototype for VI's design.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
5 hours ago, Dourvas said:

Am i reaching here? 

I think Len had said the same thing; one of the higher-ups, for whatever reason, wanted large portions of the game redone.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Dourvas said:

Am i reaching here? 

It's a solid theory. I always believed myself that the original GTA VI was scrapped in favour of a new version. I just kinda thought it happened longer ago.

7 hours ago, Dourvas said:

Am i reaching here? 

L2qTJFF.png

translated the title and it means this...

1 hour ago, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

I think Len had said the same thing; one of the higher-ups, for whatever reason, wanted large portions of the game redone.

17 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

It's a solid theory. I always believed myself that the original GTA VI was scrapped in favour of a new version. I just kinda thought it happened longer ago.

Indeed, but the problem is we can't know what and why happened; remember that few years Dan has an interview, in which Dan said there are two reasons that GTA in modern times will not work:

• that real life beat their satire
  • (IMO far more important) that everyone got politically agitated

I really hope that R* won't start appeasing the gaming journalists, which currently despise their own customers as alt-right bigots; with CP2077 being f*ckING RAW (guess the refence ;)) Scottish lads are my last hope in gaming industry

On 2/23/2021 at 9:34 AM, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

So we could be in another RDR2 situation with GTA VI??, RDR2 was hardly reworked, they cut and removed a lot of stuff, mostly in the north of the map and storyline, look at the beta map found in the game files and the leaked one and compare it with the actual map, it´s completely different on the north area, that´s a hard amount of work to redesign that areas and other huge stuff and that´s why they had to delay it, even they had to cut 5 f*cking hours of storyline compared to the original script as Dan Houser revealed in an interview...

dw1qxwvpy6j41.gif

aNuZxUn.jpg

Edited by rml_gta
  • Like 6

I don't know. Pure speculation, on my part. But my initial feeling was maybe the original idea just wouldn't work for a game that had to last 10 years, and cater well for GTA Online. And so they had to redesign parts of the game.

Maybe it just wasn't good, or fun? One of the legit leaks for RDR2 mentioned similar things; parts of the game being scrapped and restarted, as it wasn't innovative enough. So maybe it's that, maybe VI just wasn't innovative enough, so it had to be scrapped?

Who knows.

15 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I don't know. Pure speculation, on my part. But my initial feeling was maybe the original idea just wouldn't work for a game that had to last 10 years, and cater well for GTA Online. And so they had to redesign parts of the game.

Maybe it just wasn't good, or fun? One of the legit leaks for RDR2 mentioned similar things; parts of the game being scrapped and restarted, as it wasn't innovative enough. So maybe it's that, maybe VI just wasn't innovative enough, so it had to be scrapped?

Who knows.

It may very well have been partially rebooted due to the complaints about RDR2 being too scripted. There was a very viral video about it nearly everyone saw, I am sure including Rockstar. 

Interesting bit is also that newest GTAO Cayo Perico offers a lot of freedom of choice - it's something that has been talked about in interview with Rockstar.

My guess is that Dan Houser leaving led to a partial reboot that is handled now by one of the other 2 senior writers - Michael Unsworth and Rupert Humphries. The game was deep into the development as RDR2 released, most of the major parts of the game done. They want to make the game more open ended and less scripted as a response to the criticism. Rockstar however doesn't want to delay the game much, hence the "moderately sized release that is updated post release" was proposed as a way to reduce the delay as much as possible, and releasing closer to the original projected date. Maybe something like a game released with smaller campaign and then chunks of it (think chapters in RDR2) released later on?  

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, VCPR Official said:

I really hope that R* won't start appeasing the gaming journalists, which currently despise their own customers as alt-right bigots; with CP2077 being f*ckING RAW (guess the refence ;)) Scottish lads are my last hope in gaming industry

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Finn_E said:

L2qTJFF.png

translated the title and it means this...

Thanks for that! 

I translated the text and got something completely different lol. Something about a black cat or something. I couldn't even do a simple copy paste 😆😆

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Tommy "Nightmare" Smith
1 hour ago, Dourvas said:

Thanks for that! 

I translated the text and got something completely different lol. Something about a black cat or something. I couldn't even do a simple copy paste 😆😆

Surprisingly Google translated it very well, keeping the exact meaning of the whole phrase, I can confirm that. 

When I saw the post before this day I thought it was an automatic translation otherwise I'd have translated it 👍

Edit because I wanted to write  translation and translated one more time because there wasn't enough translation/translated already 

Edited by Tommy "Nightmare" Smith