3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

778 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

BAARS54
2 hours ago, Volatollotalov said:

Well, Rockstar were involved in movies before. I think that's the only credible aspect to this whole thing though.

Look at the alleged distribution company as an example, 'GBE Only Entertainment'. Their website is super sketchy and cheap, their track record seems to be all about getting low-budget movies straight to TV and they haven't been in business for even a year. But look, here's GTA Movie listed on their website as one of their upcoming projects!

If it's not a hoax then the whole enterprise looks really low quality and low budget. And not once on IMBD or GBE is Rockstar or T2 mentioned. It's more than likely a bunch of chancers trying to turn a quick buck by getting an 'inspired by' film out, and they'll swiftly get their clown asses sued to the moon and back by T2.

Surely if GTA were to be a movie (although I'm not convinced that it would work as a film?) it would have a much bigger budget and a much more credible production team behind it.

Do you saw their Clients and Partners ? They really don't look like low quality and low budget to me : Bet Networks , Universal , NBC , Apple , MTV and Spotify

BigFloppySausageTits
5 hours ago, BAARS54 said:

MV5BY2MyNDBlZjMtYjYxYS00ZWFkLTgwYmUtYzNl

Does anybody here know anything about this listed Movie ?  Is it actually real or a fake ? Can Movies be faked on IMBD ?

IMBD Link : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11827428/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Ray Liotta on the Poster, Movie in Pre-production

Dan Houser in the writing credits : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11827428/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

A YouTube channel showing a preview of the so supposedly website www.vicecitymovie.com (gives out a 404 Error Message only) which can be found in the description along with a release date stating Coming February 2021

Has this already been discovered by someone in here ?

Link

Lmao al pac in the irishman

Ryhan'ZFX
9 hours ago, kiveress said:

I think in GTA VI developers should change structure of missions. Every mission in 3D GTA's started at the safe house, then we went to the boss, then we went to the mission location, then we came back to the boss, and we have to came back at the safe house, if we wanted to save our progress. Basically, about 30% percent of the gaming time we spent for meaningless driving to the mission and back. Remove all of that and you will have about 30% less of the gaming time. Also, it would be good if our choices of walkthrough would change not only ways to beat a mission but the hole ,?. Like choice one of two mission will close the whole tree of 10-15 missions by this choice. 

Its already confirmed in some leaks that GTA 6 would have drastically change the main structures of some fthe mechanics in GTA, think about it like the Cayo Perico Heist mission where if you f*cked up you have to improvise and find a workarround to finish the mission

BAARS54

Then explain me this please. Why would someone like Alander Lee Pulliam Jr. drop by a "hoax" instagram account and give a post of the movie a like ??? Keep in mind he's also registered as actor for Claude Jr on the imbd page. 

Alander-Pulliam.png

• KEKW 1
Americana
14 hours ago, Munt Machine said:

Well something is certainly happening... mach1bud's "soon" comment, the GTAO next update speculation topic being tagged "III" "VC" and "SA",  uNi's shark cards saying 2001(III)2002(VC)2004(SA)2013(V)B46(before VI), and now Tez says it's "nostalgia stuff". Obviously this has something to do with III, VC, and SA. Remasters maybe? Or something of that caliber.

Oh yes, for sure, dude. I bet they will add some cool T-Shirts realted to those games in Grand Theft Auto: Online.

• KEKW 1
wise_man
6 hours ago, BAARS54 said:

MV5BY2MyNDBlZjMtYjYxYS00ZWFkLTgwYmUtYzNl

Does anybody here know anything about this listed Movie ?  Is it actually real or a fake ? Can Movies be faked on IMBD ?

IMBD Link : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11827428/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Ray Liotta on the Poster, Movie in Pre-production

Dan Houser in the writing credits : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11827428/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

A YouTube channel showing a preview of the so supposedly website www.vicecitymovie.com (gives out a 404 Error Message only) which can be found in the description along with a release date stating Coming February 2021

Has this already been discovered by someone in here ?

Link

Is that "The Irishman" film from the promo video? 

Americana

Back in the day so many people created such lame fake Grand Theft Auto covers, don't worry about it.

wise_man
2 minutes ago, BAARS54 said:

Then explain me this please. Why would someone like Alander Lee Pulliam Jr. drop by a "hoax" instagram account and give a post of the movie a like ??? Keep in mind he's also registered as actor for Claude Jr on the imbd page. 

Alander-Pulliam.png

I don't think it's his real account.

It just a matter of time before T2 and R* search and destroy people who made this stuff.

BAARS54
24 minutes ago, wise_man said:

I don't think it's his real account.

It just a matter of time before T2 and R* search and destroy people who made this stuff.

It is his real account ! Just go and check for yourself 😉 There are also some other well known names who liked or followed on this account

Edited by BAARS54
wise_man
6 minutes ago, BAARS54 said:

It is his real account ! Just go and check for yourself 😉

Just cross checking it, it was indeed a real account. 

Perhaps he became a scam victim? or faked this project.

• Like 1
testarossa 86

you know, considering how popular the 80s is now; I could totally see GTA VI, if modern, in a city (presumably Vice City) where everyone is trying to replicate the 1980s again.

considering most of us are assuming and pushing for a 80s game, it would just be a parody of us wanting to go back to a time we've never truly lived before.

Los Santos is described as a "city full of people ruthlessly pursuing wealth, fame and self-improvement, at any cost".

I could totally see a modern Vice City being a city full of people trying to relive the 80s once again, a city blinded by nostalgia, pedestrians have 80s style such as hair/clothes, etc

Edited by testarossa 86
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
DeltaV20
40 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

I could totally see a modern Vice City being a city full of people trying to relive the 80s once again, a city blinded by nostalgia, pedestrians have 80s style such as hair/clothes, etc

The smuggling /narcos theme will be fked up bcz in modern times there's no way you can smuggle things like 80s , 1980's actually defines Smuggling, neon ,miami vice , music , druglords,(crime families) etc , In modern times / 2020-23 every thing is different from 80s, the story for gta VI will be the same as V's story if it's modern imo

Edited by DeltaV20
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • excuseme 1
Itscoming2020
3 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

The smuggling /narcos theme will be fked up bcz in modern times there's no way you can smuggle things like 80s , 1980's actually defines Smuggling, neon ,miami vice , music , druglords,(crime families) etc , In modern times / 2020-23 every thing is different from 80s, the story for gta VI will be the same as V's story if it's modern imo

thats true, most stuff today comes over cargo ships and containers

• Like 1
Geisterfaust
14 hours ago, rml_gta said:

God my first time playing it on PC was last month, because I played it on PS3 a few years ago, what a f*cking nightmare to optimize that with a high end 2018 PC with 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i7, GTX 1050 Ti, that I can run GTA V at static 60 fps but this f*cking piece of sh*t (the port, not the game, GTA IV is my favourite GTA lol) can´t run at static 60 fps with everything low lol, the rumors were true, it´s the worst port I have ever seen, even I can run RDR2 at 45 fps in mainland and 30 fps at cities, so much better than this sh*t loool, the best part of that is that they started to make better ports to PC after that instead of just copy and paste the Xbox 360 version at it´s hinted in the game files, what a f*cking mess

IV was never meant to run faster than 30 fps and was never stable. I've played it in 2019 with 1080 Ti and was surprised that my experience is not really day and night from the days when I've played it as a grad student on HD 6670. The game itself is great, but technically it's a turd and the only way to enjoy it is to accept the technical issues. IIRC some of the last patches even locks FPS to 45, lol. City is amazing though, one of the most special GTA games I've played in my life if not the most interesting.

testarossa 86
26 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Rockstar clearly thinks otherwise since they brought in a character such as El Rubio into the modern world of GTA V.

El Rubio is inspired by a real life drug lord from the 80s, who was even featured in Narcos.

the war on drugs which is the center point of Narcos, is a still ongoing war, cartels found and adapted to different ways to smuggle drugs into the U.S. as time progressed since the 1970s/80s/90s.

but, yes I am all for the game set in the 1980s, but I am stating clearly from a perspective of how Rockstar would probably parody today's society being so 80s obsessed.

• Like 2
  • Ame I ssh
gonnaenodaethat
On 1/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, eggmonroe said:

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a bit. Has anything even remotely tangible (GTA related...obvs) occurred in the last 6 months or so?

Hey cousin! 

Let's go bowling? 

• Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 20
  • KEKW 3
  • excuseme 4
Piro
1 hour ago, DeltaV20 said:

1 hour ago, Itscoming2020 said:

thats true, most stuff today comes over cargo ships and containers

I guess you have a point. On the other hand, its just a video game. Just look at GTA V, GTAO or even earlier games like GTA 4. All of those games had some kind of smuggling missions that don't make much sense in real life/modern setting. But in the end its just a game so most people won't care or notice it.

Just look at gtav/o as an example and use the same kind of logic,  how many missions don't make sense in modern times? I would say like at least 80% of it. But being over the top and not having a 100% accurate representation of real life is part of the fun. After all thats why we watch movies and play video games. 

In other words, you could put 99% of missions from GTA V/O in GTA VC (and the other way around) and it still wouldn't change much Imo. it still would fit the theme (with a little bit of tweaking). And any kind of mission we had in VC, we also have in gtav/o. We still smuggle drugs using boats, we deliver guns using armored trucks in the middle of a city, we steal tanks from military base etc. Not much had changed.

Also, If they going back to VC, I'm almost 100% sure they gonna set it in the past (it would be silly not to). Or we gonna get a time jump, just like in RDR2. That way they can monetize on nostalgia and couple years later they can move the timeline farther to introduce more modern vehicles in online mode.

edit: and if we really getting a more modern setting in VC, no one said that it has to accurately represent 2000-2020 Miami. In GTAs world, Vice City might still be "stuck in the 80s". A nostalgic tourist attraction with neons on one side, and a drug riddled empire on the other side. 

Edited by Piro
  • Like 5
ArcticFoxx
35 minutes ago, gonnaenodaethat said:

Hey cousin! 

Let's go bowling? 

Hmm, the real question is when will we be going bowling again?

Americana

I mean, look what happens in Grand Theft Auto V. Would that be possible in contemporary United States? Well... no. But... you know... video games and their conventions. 

Patrizio
1 hour ago, testarossa 86 said:

the war on drugs which is the center point of Narcos, is a still ongoing war, cartels found and adapted to different ways to smuggle drugs into the U.S. as time progressed since the 1970s/80s/90s.

True! But my understanding is the focus has shifted to Mexico and Rockstar blew the chance of featuring a modern Mexican cartel story (despite it being in the news A LOT at time of V's prodution) with V's Los Santos/Southern San Andreas and so that is wasted potential. As @Zello, myself and a few others have said, a GTA based in Vice City set in say, 1989 or 1990, when the power is shfiting from Colombia to Mexico would provide a serious andgrounded story (that many felt was missing) but would also keep Vice City fresh, AND allow a past setting. Its a no brainer for me.

@Piro very good point about them doing a new, reimagined version of a crime ridden VC. They did something similar for IV's LC, whereby at that point in reality NYC had became one of the safest cities in the US but for the purpose of IV it had not. I would much, much prefer a past setting, but with the revivial of synthwave and some good 80s stations, I think they could pull off a modern Vice City, even if they shouldn't, in my eyes.

Edited by Patrizio
  • Like 3
deadasdisco
1 hour ago, ArcticFoxx said:

Hmm, the real question is when will we be going bowling again?

In a few months. 

CyberRock
2 hours ago, gonnaenodaethat said:

Hey cousin! 

Let's go bowling? 

@Mach1bud You know this guy?

Edited by CyberRock
didn't tag
Kris194
3 hours ago, DeltaV20 said:

It's not just about the story, it's also about social commentary, which is getting quite stale in modern times and after 12 years this series IMO needs a lot of fresh air.

• Like 5
  • fir thi bairns 1
George twelve

I would love to see the 80s, but I need modern times.
It will be good for a part of the story, but I think it should be two eras.
80 and present, maybe 2023 // 2024?

Also, many things from the 80s could be in modern times, just look at the present:

The clothes, the cars, the music, the decoration .
Having gta 6 in two eras is good since in the current era we can take advantage of two eras in one.

Edited by George twelve
Patrizio

Just to say, if we do get a mdoern Vice City, then THIS is the trailer song. A old classic (featured in VC) covered in the modern day:

• Like 3
Patrizio
On 1/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, darkdayz said:

Indeed I am from the UK and I know nothing about Chicago other than its Mafia roots in the 20's and a bit further. Yes you are absolutely right about the list, if I were to make a top 5 US cities I know a bit about, Chicago wouldn't be there. It certainly wouldn't be there if I thought of US cities I think could host good narratives for a GTA game. My only knowledge of it really these days is that it is used a lot by the film industry to replicate New York in films. I just don't see an appeal for it globally. I'd be open for them to do it for sure. I'm not against it at all, I just feel as though right now Miami is preferable - infinitely more rich for a game world because of it's drug history and geolocation at the bottom of USA. But yes, eventually they will need to expand out into other cities.

Hi mate sorry for the late reply. I'd pretty sure (awaits backlash!) that Chicago is pretty much the third US city after NYC (first) and LA (second). It is similar to New York and also shares the Italian/Jewish/Polish/Irish/African-American immigrant story that NYC and other north east cities have. It has the iconic L train and had the only other Mafia to have a permanent seat on the Commission throughout its tenure apart from the Five Families of NYC. In reagrds to the 20s being its heyday? Well the rumours suggest it was the Chicago Outfit that got Kennedy into power and the Outfit (along with allies in Florida and New Orleans) that assassinted Kennedy in the 60s. They were the dominant Mafia force in Las Vegas from the 50s to the 80s (as far as I am aware) and were quite different to the NYC families in a couple of ways. They had very senior members that were not Italian - a welsh, Japanese, and Greek-American for one. Plus they had a more complex ruling committee rather than one typical boss. In addition to that they had some truly brutal members. It would be similar to IV, but a GTA take on Chicago and the Outfit would be fantastic. Many stories to tell that are familar and yet different. Today Chicago has the second biggest police force in the US and is the birth of drill music.

I'm pro Vice State for GTA VI, but for those that want something similar to IV but different and fresh, for me it has to be Chicago.

• Like 3
Mach1bud
50 minutes ago, CyberRock said:

That is a complicated question but the answer is mostly no, but yes-ish.

• Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 3
  • excuseme 1
Kris194
56 minutes ago, CyberRock said:

Question is, who doesn't "know" him here? He was around for a really long time now.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 2
RenegadeAngel
36 minutes ago, Patrizio said:

Just to say, if we do get a mdoern Vice City, then THIS is the trailer song. A old classic (featured in VC) covered in the modern day:

Is there already a "GTA VI first trailer song suggestions" thread? If not, I'd like to make one.

Kris194
51 minutes ago, George twelve said:

Also, many things from the 80s could be in modern times, just look at the present:

the cars

40 years old vehicles on streets? It doesn't sound realistic unless they would be very, very rare like they are in real world.

• Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1