3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

768 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

1 minute ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Used to like this videos but he's more and more acting like an entitled gamer these days. 

So saying that GTAO is kiling r* is being entitled?

Sorry, I can't take this idiocy anymore

yolobigman
2 minutes ago, Finn_E said:

But SA was 1992 lmao

Oh. Sorry I’ll take that out 

Edited by yolobigman
  • fir thi bairns 1
Finn_E
1 minute ago, yolobigman said:

Oh. Sorry I’ll take that out 

Your point still stands tho - It would probably even be lazy to go for modern day since all of the cars and concepts are there in GTA Online already.

• Like 1
yolobigman
1 minute ago, Finn_E said:

Your point still stands tho - It would probably even be lazy to go for modern day since all of the cars and concepts are there in GTA Online already.

Do you mean the old cars they are adding into online?

• fir thi bairns 1
Finn_E

Do you mean the old cars they are adding into online?

Nah I mean the modern cars that are already in the game, they could update them for next gen but thats about it. If it was set in the 80s they would have to make loads of new cars instead of reusing.

Len Lfc
7 minutes ago, Finn_E said:

It would probably even be lazy to go for modern day since all of the cars and concepts are there in GTA Online already

By that logic they were lazy when they made GTA V, after a modern setting in GTA IV 🙄

• Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
Zello

ZN5hJOZ.png?1

Me smoking that "GTA VI must be modern day" pack when GTA VI is revealed to be set in the past.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 4
Finn_E
Just now, Len Lfc said:

By that logic they were lazy when they made GTA V, after a modern setting in GTA IV 🙄

Len Lfc has spoken, I now redact my statement.

• KEKW 1
yolobigman
6 minutes ago, Finn_E said:

Nah I mean the modern cars that are already in the game, they could update them for next gen but thats about it. If it was set in the 80s they would have to make loads of new cars instead of reusing.

Errrr I don’t think that’s true. Rockstar would make new cars. They’re not lazy 

Edited by yolobigman
  • fir thi bairns 1
Len Lfc

Errrr I don’t think that’s true. Rockstar would make new cars. They’re not lazy 

No, they can re use cars. They kinda' did it with GTA IV, TLaD & TBoGT vehicles reappearing in GTA V. It's just not lazy. Games reuse assets all the time, but it doesn't mean they're lazy.

• Like 6
DeltaV20
3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

No, they can re use cars. They kinda' did it with GTA IV, TLaD & TBoGT vehicles reappearing in GTA V. It's just not lazy. Games reuse assets all the time, but it doesn't mean they're lazy.

Karin Sultan is an example , this car appeared on Gta SA, Gta Chinatown wars, gta 4, Tlad , Tbogt ,and gta V 
GTA 4 - Karin Sultan - YouTube

Edited by DeltaV20
Len Lfc
3 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Karin Sultan is an example , this car appeared on Gta SA, Gta Chinatown wars, gta 4, Tlad , Tbogt ,and gta V 

That's different though, since they wouldn't use the same vehicle model across all those games. It's just the in-universe car that's in all those games. The Banshee or Infernus are in most GTA games, but aside from GTA IV & V, they all had different models. So they wouldn't have reused the same asset across all the games.

• Like 2
DeltaV20

That's different though, since they wouldn't use the same vehicle model across all those games. It's just the in-universe car that's in all those games. The Banshee or Infernus are in most GTA games, but aside from GTA IV & V, they all had different models. So they wouldn't have reused the same asset across all the games.

Except SA model , all Sultan models are quite same (also SA is 3D and rest of them are HD) 

yolobigman
11 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Yea, I guess if they made GTA 6 in the 70s they couldn’t really re use anything from GTA 5 couldn’t they? Or could they?

• fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
GRANDHEIST
35 minutes ago, Guest said:

Hello, Swegta 👋

• KEKW 7
Zello
7 minutes ago, yolobigman said:

Yea, I guess if they made GTA 6 in the 70s they couldn’t really re use anything from GTA 5 couldn’t they? Or could they?

All the old cars.

Len Lfc
10 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Except SA model , all Sultan models are quite same (also SA is 3D and rest of them are HD) 

And Chinatown Wars ;) But yes, across the HD universe games, the models aren't too much different.

• Like 1
Orthur The Boah
45 minutes ago, Guest said:

So saying that GTAO is kiling r* is being entitled?

Ironic. If it wasn't for GTA O, Rockstar would have had to release RDR2 sooner to make money, resulting in a smaller game overall, The RDR2 we know today wouldn't be the same, If Online means they can focus on quality rather than restrict their vision just because they have to get something out next as soon as possible, then I'm okay with it.

8 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

Hello, Swegta 👋

Oh wait.... :kekw:

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
DarkDayz
3 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Ironic. If it wasn't for GTA O, Rockstar would have had to release RDR2 sooner to make money, resulting in a smaller game overall, The RDR2 we know today wouldn't be the same, If Online means they can focus on quality rather than restrict their vision just because they have to get something out next as soon as possible, then I'm okay with it.

Oh wait.... :kekw:

Don't know about sooner. The script for RDR2 was drafted before GTA V was even announced. Mocap work for the game mostly was already being done before GTA V was even released.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

Don't think GTA online had much impact on the development of RDR2 really. We know that after GTA V was released Rockstar coopted all the studios to work on RDR2, 1500 staff of 2000. So yeah. Don't really see how they could have bought RDR2 to market any quicker.

Orthur The Boah

Without GTA Online, Rockstar would have continued to make games with their old way of different studios working on different games. So only San Diego studio would have worked on RDR2, so to cut time they would have made the game smaller than their original vision. Whereas now thanks to GTA Online they can now focus all their studios on a single game to get it out sooner, All while GTA Online earns them billions of cash to keep working without any worries.

Edited by Orthur The Boah
DarkDayz
2 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Without GTA Online, Rockstar would have continued to make games with their old way of different studios working on different games. So only San Diego studio would have worked on RDR2, so to cut time they would have made the game smaller than their original vision. Whereas now thanks to GTA Online they can now focus all their studios on a single game to get it out sooner, All while GTA Online earns them billions of cash to keep working without any worries.

Mate. There's like 150 employee's at San Diego. 1500 people worked on RDR2. How could they have possibly got it out sooner if just San Diego made it. They didn't do it 'the old way' because it's just not possible anymore. Gone are the days of single studio games.

Len Lfc
3 minutes ago, darkdayz said:

Don't know about sooner. The script for RDR2 was drafted before GTA V was even announced. Mocap work for the game mostly was already being done before GTA V was even released.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

Don't think GTA online had much impact on the development of RDR2 really. We know that after GTA V was released Rockstar coopted all the studios to work on RDR2, 1500 staff of 2000. So yeah. Don't really see how they could have bought RDR2 to market any quicker.

I'm in agreement, but you could argue they'd have a year less. For example, they may have been 'forced' to announce in 2015, and release in 2016. (not counting delays). Basically, the financial success of GTA V may have allowed them more time to work on RDR2, without the pressure of needing a big release.

What I heard about GTA V's announcement in 2011 (And I may be wrong, if anyone can source it, please do) was that Take-Two needed GTA V to be announced in 2011, due to them still recovering from the 2008 financial crisis. Take-Two and the video game industry in general suffered quite badly from it. GTA V's success basically saved them, big time.

So the logic being that because of that success, they didn't have the same urgency to get their next game out.

• Like 3
Orthur The Boah
Just now, darkdayz said:

Mate. There's like 150 employee's at San Diego. 1500 people worked on RDR2. How could they have possibly got it out sooner if just San Diego made it. They didn't do it 'the old way' because it's just not possible anymore. Gone are the days of single studio games.

I see you get the point. Yea they wouldn't have released it sooner, unless they made the game significantly smaller but even then it wouldn't be significantly earlier. You seem to understand how it works but then how is GTA Online bad here?

Patrizio
1 hour ago, Americana said:

I mean, at least when it comes to Liberty City it's not always the same crap mentioned - 1980's, drugs and Escobar. Oh, and synthwave.

Sure about that? "Grounded, gritty, Mafia" comes around a lot with Liberty City.

Regarding the car discussion. I'd argue IV, V, and Online make a modern setting less like in VI. Or it should. The recycling of vehicles again takes away a feeling of setting and removes immersion. It becomes more like an expansion, to me. Another modern GTA with the same verison of the Banshee/Infernus again is just stale.

Edited by Patrizio
  • Like 4
DarkDayz

I'm in agreement, but you could argue they'd have a year less. For example, they may have been 'forced' to announce in 2015, and release in 2016. (not counting delays). Basically, the financial success of GTA V may have allowed them more time to work on RDR2, without the pressure of needing a big release.

What I heard about GTA V's announcement in 2011 (And I may be wrong, if anyone can source it, please do) was that Take-Two needed GTA V to be announced in 2011, due to them still recovering from the 2008 financial crisis. Take-Two and the video game industry in general suffered quite badly from it. GTA V's success basically saved them, big time.

So the logic being that because of that success, they didn't have the same urgency to get their next game out.

Yeah I'm with you but I don't see it as a possibility. Dan is quite clear in that article that the ambition for the game was there from the beginning. And I don't think there was any uncertainty from Take 2 that GTA V would perform. I just don't see how they had to buy themselves more time to make their RDR 2 vision. Sure, they probably had times mapped out for releases and something would have had to release in between, we know they had GTA V SP DLC plans, but they didn't need to do that in the end. The roadmap for their games are planned probably years in advance, I just don't see the possibility of them making a sub par version of their vision for RDR2 because of financial insecurity.

3 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

I see you get the point. Yea they wouldn't have released it sooner, unless they made the game significantly smaller but even then it wouldn't be significantly earlier. You seem to understand how it works but then how is GTA Online bad here?

I'm not sure of your question. I don't think Online is bad at all.

George twelve

I would like in the 80s, but not the whole game, I also want something current.
the great gta 6 would be 80 and ¿2023?

• Like 1
Zapper

So who dropped Orbital Cannon on kris_1313 so that he morphed into Guest?

Edited by Zapper
  • KEKW 4
Patrizio
1 minute ago, IS90 said:

"Unknown, Fresh, New" comes with a new location 🏙️

It does... but fresh could also be a take on an old location and a new location. To me it doesn't have to be one or the other.

• Like 2
RenegadeAngel
1 hour ago, Americana said:

I mean, at least when it comes to Liberty City it's not always the same crap mentioned - 1980's, drugs and Escobar. Oh, and synthwave.

Yeah, instead we're gonna have some new stuff, like gritty setting, grounded storyline and the mob. It definitely hasn't been done 50 thousand times in the movies and three times in the GTA series itself.

• Like 3
  • YEE 1