1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

890 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

Leslie didn't leave. He was fired. And Lazlow left to look after his sister, who was diagnosed with cancer. Dan is the only real 'unknown'. But I always suspected he left to spend time with his family.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

That's already happened. It just wasn't for the game you thought it was.

so why the f*ck he was hyping that sh*t here instead in GTA V board?!

ffs GTA Online is complete mess, let that game retire!

8 minutes ago, victm92 said:

Even though it happened several years ago, Leslie's departure was the real tragedy and almost no one talks about it. I can't believe they're putting Dan and Lazlow at the same level or even higher just because they were cebs / execs. 

I get why Benzies is gone (fired due to disagreements with rest of team); I get why Lazlow is gone (family issues and probably burnout as well), but the problem Dan was head writer; I hope that next head writer isn't of Rian Johnson school (ruining estabilished character as "subversing the expectations")

Edited by Guest
Just now, Len Lfc said:

Leslie didn't leave. He was fired.

I always find it funny that people like to sh*t on current Rockstar saying that they fired Leslie to focus on GTA Online whereas the real twist is GTAO is actually Leslie's baby. What we don't know is how GTAO would've turned out if Leslie remained at North.

45 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Well he was right about Frankenstein's island. Weevils, Killer Whales, Jaws, etc. The name of the boat from Jaws ic "Orca". A killer whale. A killer whale translated into Russian is.......?

Just sayin'. He's never going to give a straight answer. And nobody is truly on his wavelength.

3cf9db47243c4729acea6bdab737bba1.jpgyou are absolutely right. ("Косатка)".More from the history of Russia is a series of submarines in the First World War based on the protection of the northern seas.Interestingly the last sixth series of submarines was ordered on 26 March 1914

Just now, Zapper said:

I always find it funny that people like to sh*t on current Rockstar saying that they fired Leslie to focus on GTA Online whereas the real twist is GTAO is actually Leslie's baby. What we don't know is how GTAO would've turned out if Leslie remained at North.

IMO it would load faster to lobby

13 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

makes sense to sh*tpost and troll in gta6 subforums when he should have done it in gta5/gtao dlc speculation.

its just coincidences. you can find a lot of crazy coincidences in nostradamus predictions. doesnt mean its true. 

that guy is a troll and he still deserves a ban

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Leslie didn't leave. He was fired. And Lazlow left to look after his sister, who was diagnosed with cancer. Dan is the only real 'unknown'. But I always suspected he left to spend time with his family.

See I think Dan's departure goes deeper than that. Though I hope it didn't and he still contributes to the games on consultant basis to support Rupert and Michael going forward.

What we know is that he started talking about 100 hour work weeks before RDR2 came out, which was an incredibly stupid thing to do. The game comes out and he doesn't return to work after an extended break. Then, following all the press around the crunch culture, news comes out that the company has attempted to fix these issues internally by removing 'bad eggs'. We hear stories of bullying from higher ups and that several games have suffered last minute rewrites. Dan was lead writer.

Personally I think Dan isn't the angel everyone assumes and has probably contributed to lots of delays and to a lot of hard working developers working unnecessary overtime. I think he probably expected his lowers to work as freakishly hard as him and worked in a way that was counterproductive when trying to manage 2000 people. It wouldn't surprise me if he was given advice to stand down following all that.

Edited by darkdayz
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, darkdayz said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he was given advice to stand down following all that.

if that's true, his departure is actually a good thing; crunch is a cancer of gamedev

Just now, kris_1313 said:

so why the f*ck he was hyping that sh*t here

He wasn't. I'm not speaking about the things he has said here. But what he gave us that has been proven correct (The Cayo Perico update) wasn't posted here. He posts his 'viddles' on his YouTube channel, and has a hidden subforum only the Apostles can view.

3 minutes ago, darkdayz said:

Personally I think Dan isn't the angel everyone assumes and has probably contributed lots of delays and to a lot of hard working developers working unnecessary overtime. It wouldn't surprise me if he was given advice to stand down following all that.

You're kinda' on to something there... But I think Dan isn't the problem.

1 minute ago, kris_1313 said:

GTA Online is complete mess, let that game retire

GTA Online is actually pretty fun ... with friends. I recently came back to it after Cayo Perico Heist launched and it's a blast. Solo is fine but gets boring way too fast and public lobbies are not suitable for solo unless you are a griefer. At least Cayo Perico is a great money maker for solo players who wants to avoid public sessions.

3 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

IMO it would load faster to lobby

As long as GTAO is P2P it isn't gonna load any faster. Generally it takes 1-2 minutes to load into online from story mode and also the same for switching sessions in my crappy 60Mbps internet.

14 minutes ago, darkdayz said:

See I think Dan's departure goes deeper than that. [...]

What we know is that he started talking about 100 hour work weeks before RDR2 came out, which was an incredibly stupid thing to do. The game comes out and he doesn't return to work after an extended break. [...]

It wouldn't surprise me if following all of that 100 hour week nonsense that he was advised to take an early retirement.

see, that kind of stuff causes burn-out syndrome and depression. it is not uncommon in higher positions and heavy drug abuse, crazy parties etc. are a valve for this.

"crazy parties, drug abuse, sexism, toxicity" isnt that the stuff we heard about rockstar games some time ago?

Edited by nolimits
2 minutes ago, nolimits said:

it is not uncommon in higher positions and heavy drug abuse, crazy parties etc

Like going to Miami, driving fancy cars, going to shooting ranges and having crazy parties?

• Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 1
5 minutes ago, darkdayz said:

What we know is that he started talking about 100 hour work weeks before RDR2 came out, which was an incredibly stupid thing to do. The game comes out and he doesn't return to work after an extended break. Then, following all the press around the crunch culture, news comes out that the company has attempted to fix these issues internally by removing 'bad eggs'. We hear stories of bullying from higher ups and that several games have suffered last minute rewrites.

That's an interesting point. Although his comment about 100 hour weeks talked specifically about the senior writer team, as he specified himself later on, it certainly brought the working condition in all of R* studios into the spotlight. That has later lead to huge changes in Rockstar management and his departure certainly can be interpreted as "getting rid of the guy thinks 100 hour weeks are okay". Take Two/Rockstar might have thought that the management changes, Houser's departure and all that will ultimately improve Rockstar's image.

Still, if this is true, I can't believe this is the only reason why he left. I believe it's possible that these circumstances made him less comfortable in the work and he didn't want to continue anymore. Keep in mind that Dan went on sabbatical months after this controversy, not immediately after the release.

4 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Like going to Miami, driving fancy cars, going to shooting ranges and having crazy parties?

yeah for example. i edited my post:

"crazy parties, drug abuse, sexism, toxicity" isnt that the stuff we heard about rockstar games some time ago?

40 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Well, I think all three of them abandoned the company under very strange circumstances. As far as I know, the reason behind Lazlow's departure was mere speculation, since his sister health issue goes back to several years ago and his public comments about that doesn't match the time he left. And in despite that we have a pretty decent amount of info regarding Leslie's trouble (thanks to the 71 pages suit document), there are many things clearly uncleared. Things are far to be meant to be known by the general public. And I think there must be more parallelisms between Leslie and Dan cases. They both abandoned the company after their sabbatical years, they both were treated with disrespect and without honoring their work (in the case of Dan he could have agreed to leave quietly and only appear in the footnote of a rutinary press release and investors report in order to not freaking out the shareholders and potentially damage his brother business, but it's still very weird). I think Dan Houser conflict was immense internally. His statements about 100 hours labor weeks ultimately led to:
~Deep changes in the company and across all the industry.
~Heavy investigations which ended in Jeronimo Barrera sexual scandal and departure, and... 
~Other allegations against execs and key people, and to Canada's QA studio scandal. 
I think it's reasonable to assume it's directly related to the fact that he's no longer in there. 

Edited by victm92
debugging
12 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

He wasn't. I'm not speaking about the things he has said here. But what he gave us that has been proven correct (The Cayo Perico update) wasn't posted here. He posts his 'viddles' on his YouTube channel, and has a hidden subforum only the Apostles can view.

seriously, make your mind
you said he was right 'bout Cayo Perico (it's actually possible)
BUT here:

39 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

you implied that back in March he was in fact hyping GTA V 9th gen port in this board

so, where's truth?

4 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

BUT here:

you implied that back in March he was in fact hyping GTA V 9th gen port in this board

so, where's truth?

the-truth-is-out-there-x-files-gina-dsgn

Just now, kris_1313 said:

BUT here:

so, where's truth?

Where did I imply he was hyping a GTA V port in March? You quoted my exact words. "That's already happened. It just wasn't for the game you thought it was".

It's already happened (his credibility being proven after we got a trailer) It just wasn't the game people thought it was (It wasn't GTA VI, it was cayo Perico). His recent viddles you can find on his YouTube channel hint at the Cayo Perico update. Not to mention many of the things he hinted at for RDR2.

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
18 minutes ago, 0909090 said:

That's an interesting point. Although his comment about 100 hour weeks talked specifically about the senior writer team, as he specified himself later on, it certainly brought the working condition in all of R* studios into the spotlight. That has later lead to huge changes in Rockstar management and his departure certainly can be interpreted as "getting rid of the guy thinks 100 hour weeks are okay". Take Two/Rockstar might have thought that the management changes, Houser's departure and all that will ultimately improve Rockstar's image.

Still, if this is true, I can't believe this is the only reason why he left. I believe it's possible that these circumstances made him less comfortable in the work and he didn't want to continue anymore. Keep in mind that Dan went on sabbatical months after this controversy, not immediately after the release.

Yeah exactly that. But of course I'm just speculating as an outsider, putting together what happened around that time. Examining what might not even need examining.

I will say though, i'm also of the opinion that he could very well have just called it a day and retired following RDR2. I'm sure he feels the same as most of us here, that it is high greatest narrative work.

He has bought in Rupert and Michael over the past few games and he may just feel they are skilled and engrained enough in the Rockstar DNA for him to comfortably put his legs up.

But would the headlines have said 'retired' if that's all it was. That's what's in the back of my mind when I think over these things.

Edited by darkdayz
1 minute ago, darkdayz said:

I will say though, i'm also of the opinion that he could very well have just called it a day and retired following RDR2

Imagine you have a wife and kids, and your next game could lead to even more 100 hour work weeks. At some point you just decide to pack it in and call it a day. Actually spend time with your family, and be around for them to grow up, etc...

Just my view on it.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Imagine you have a wife and kids, and your next game could lead to even more 100 hour work weeks. At some point you just decide to pack it in and call it a day. Actually spend time with your family, and be around for them to grow up, etc...

Just my view on it.

Yeah, absolutely not ruling that out as the most likely possibility for the whole situ. It's one that I hope is true, because kids grow up eventually and he'll be back.

Edited by darkdayz
7 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Where did I imply he was hyping a GTA V port in March? You quoted my exact words. "That's already happened. It just wasn't for the game you thought it was".

It's already happened (his credibility being proven after we got a trailer) It just wasn't the game people thought it was (It wasn't GTA VI, it was cayo Perico). His recent viddles you can find on his YouTube channel hint at the Cayo Perico update. Not to mention many of the things he hinted at for RDR2.

still, for me things what happened with R* in 2020 indicates that T2 priority is milking GTAO, which is worrying, isn't?

1 minute ago, kris_1313 said:

still, for me things what happened with R* in 2020 indicates that T2 priority is milking GTAO, which is worrying, isn't?

Yeah I mean it’s not like there was pandemic that slowed everything down or anything like that.

7 minutes ago, Zapper said:

How is it T2 milking GTAO when millions of players still enjoy it? This is 2020's PSN top downloads - 

QYgq6z5.png

Numbers don't lie.

Imagine spending money yearly on games like FIFA, NBA 2K, and Madden. 

On 12/26/2020 at 8:53 PM, EliteGamer_6 said:

Thank you and Len. 

But... is that all? A rumour / leak from a random person?  I thought you were at least referring to a interview to one of the Housers or something. 

I still can't believe you actually think GTAVI isn't in devlopement since late 2013 or even before. And that though they might have not dedicated all efforts to it thanks to RDR2, their work implied much more than a "pre-production" labor way before than 2018.  

It just does not make sense. 
~GTA is by far their biggest license in terms of revenue, people aclaim and culture impact.
~It's clearly what they know to do the best (Redemption franchise apart), and they had  "45 years worth of ideas for it" (so it's not like they thought they've done everything they aimed to, and wanted to try new things). Btw, easy joke but it's absolutely depressing that at least 10 of those 45 years were spent (at least as public releases concerns) only on re-releasing and re-releasing and re-releasing (literaly three additional times) GTAV. 
~The fact that they have a unified "Rockstar Studios" way to operate does not imply that they cannot work on multiple projects simultaneously. Keep in mind that a lot of companies do that. For instance, main studios from Ubisoft like Ubi Montreal often work on 5+ projects at once. Keep also in mind that, by instance, in early 2009, they were working on: GTAIV DLCs, GTAV, RDR, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, Chinatown Wars, Agent, Midnight Club Los Angeles, Beaterator, and probably Bully 2 and/or other unannounced titles. And they had one third of their current employee workforce. And no, they didn't have a different studio for every different title, and collaboration between studios already existed back then. 
~They never left to pass so many time between any GTA launch and the start of development of the next entry. For instance, right after finising III, they were on with VC, and after VC they were on with SA and LCS. And after SA, they were on with IV, and after the latter with V. It's obvious this time around happened exactly the same, and it's just ridiculous to think otherwise both from a business and a creative standpoint. 

Edited by victm92
debugging
5 minutes ago, kingcs said:

Some of you should be careful with your words and speculation. That's how narratives start. 

I have a narrative that T2 is milking GTAO so what?

1 minute ago, Niccky said:

Yeah I mean it’s not like there was pandemic that slowed everything down or anything like that.

>muh covid
still doesn't explain GTA V 9th gen port

3 minutes ago, Zapper said:

How is it T2 milking GTAO when millions of players still enjoy it? This is 2020's PSN top downloads - 

QYgq6z5.png

Numbers don't lie.

if Another AAA publisher made MMO GTA-like game, people will gonna flock to them
because ngl, GTA online is janky

Spoiler

and if I wanted to play janky game, I would play Cyberpunk instead :kekw:

3 minutes ago, victm92 said:

They never left to pass so many time between any GTA launch and the start of development of the next entry. For instance, right after finising III, they were on with VC, and after VC they were on with SA and LCS. And after SA, they were on with IV, and after the latter with V. It's obvious this time around happened exactly the same, and it's just ridiculous to think otherwise both from a business and a creative standpoint.

How is that obvious? We know after GTA V they dedicated all their studios to work on RDR2 collaboratively. Yes, that's not entirely new, they've done things similarly in the past. But not to that scale. The very fact that they spent 5 years on RDR2, and it's been over 2 years since then with no announcement for GTA VI indicates that the next game they immediately began working on was RDR2. Not GTA VI. I'm not saying GTA VI wasn't in production, at all. I'm sure it was. But plans changed. Things changed. RDR2 was very demanding and things get pushed back. What GTA VI may have been 4 or 5 years ago is likely very different than it is today.

Look at Bethesda Game Studios. Look at what they do with their games. Think of what they do as what Rockstar do now, only on a much smaller scale. When they released Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, they didn't immediately begin work on TESVI. They began work on Fallout 4, which actually began pre-production in 2009, after the final DLC for Fallout 3 released (That's a true fact, btw). And then after Fallout 4, they would begin on Fallout 76 and Starfield. It's not until recently that TESVI entered pre-production. That game won't enter full production until after Starfield releases. At which point it will have been 10 years since Skyrim released. Elder Scrolls has Elder Scrolls Online to keep fans happy in the series absence... as does Grand Theft Auto. (Fallout 76 and Red Dead Online, too)

But that's not what people like to hear, regarding GTA VI. But the reality is, it's been over 7 years and they still haven't announced it. But also in typical Rockstar fashion, they have a lot of delays. RDR2 was delayed because they wanted cinematic black bars in all the cutscenes, so many of the scenes had to be reshot, as the framing was off. Imagine what Sam Houser wants to change, behind the scenes that means months of work has to be scrapped? Maybe that is also partly why it's been so long? I believe it's partly why.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, kris_1313 said:

I have a narrative that T2 is milking GTAO so what?

>muh covid
still doesn't explain GTA V 9th gen port

if Another AAA publisher made MMO GTA-like game, people will gonna flock to them
because ngl, GTA online is janky

Reveal hidden contents

and if I wanted to play janky game, I would play Cyberpunk instead :kekw:

Congrats or I'm sorry that happened to you? Idk man.