3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

771 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• DeltaV20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well...thought i post the code snippet i found of most likely GTA 6 in the RDR2.exe there is a mention in it of a parachuting file that does not exist in V or the gta5.exe either, so it isn´t a l

Remakes are fir companies that huv lost their imagination......     Incidentally, thank ye 🕷️ fir asking, ah'm in tip top shape fir ah man o' ma years   Riddles, no' riddled

Mibbies it wiz fir ah blether ✝️

Tommy "Nightmare" Smith
2 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

You clealry didn't saw the Dead Smugglers as FBI or IAA agents , FIB / IAA choppers , planes (john doe from first teaser) , in part 2 it's possible that we will work with IAA / FIB (with SP experience as mentioned by R* dev) 

Good to know, I'll check them out next time I'll go to CP! Thanks 

• Like 1
VercettiGuy

A second Cayo Perico update?

Eh, no, thanks.

• excuseme 1
testarossa 86
59 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

It would be a shame to not reuse the Cayo perico island even for adversary modes, survivals, contact missions.

But yeah even if you destroy el rubios helicopter he can't die so i would expect a continuation of the story.

yeah I realized this also, nothing major happens to El Rubio and you are left sort of wondering about him at least that's how I was.

we've all heard about the GTA VI rumors about it being based around Narcos; El Rubio is clearly based off Carlos Lehder, a real life drug lord featured in Narcos.

we've also heard the rumors about the story setting foot in South America, which is where the island is apparently located; just off the coast of Colombia.

someone had mentioned if GTA VI is set in the modern day, they would most likely reuse El Rubio in the story as well, which could be possible

or... we could very well just see him once again in a Part 2 update as mentioned.

In Narcos, Carlos Lehder eventually gets arrested after a raid in Colombia by the DEA.

perhaps we could see a similar story where El Rubio seeks revenge on our player and we assist the DOA (the GTA DEA) into capturing El Rubio by going back to Cayo Perico or maybe even Colombia itself.

we could see DOA agent Phil from the ending of the heist with Trevor, or perhaps the heist is setup with a briefing from Agent 14.

Edited by testarossa 86
  • Like 2
Need For Madness Auto
1 hour ago, Dourvas said:

It would be a shame to not reuse the Cayo perico island even for adversary modes, survivals, contact missions.

I would love making survival matches over their,mostly custom

• YEE 1
TheEggman

Spoiler

The 90s will also be involved within the Main story being featured In the later parts of the game

A heavily satired version of D.A.R.E will be Featured within chapters taking place In The 80s, and 90s

You will be able to take part in Giveaways from the In-Game radio stations winning both Money, and Vehicles

Cacey is Ricardo's trusted older cousin and new Leader Of the cartel who works behind the scenes

The dynamic Of both Ricardo and Cacey will be that of brotherly love (A more improved version of Lance, and Vic's relationship)

A younger Phil will make an appearance being a corrupt D.O.A. Agent secretly working for the Madrazo Family keeping tabs on your organization

The score is being made by Health, Carlos Santana, Woody Jackson, Timbaland and Sidewalks & Skeletons (Each of their work will appear Across different decades)

A younger Juan Strickler will be featured being a Enthusiastic, and reckless Short Tempered Drug Smuggler and close friend of Ricardo and Kacey

Expect tone downed racial slurs thrown at you by cops and civilians on the Outskirts of vice city (Not present during the 90s portion)

Radio Stations will change in Playlist each decade and Logo as well

You'll be able to walk around and listen to music via a heavily satirized version of Sony's walkman which will be updated as time progresses

Dial up will be heavily present within the 90s Portion

Many of the interiors seen in Vice City will return as well added new ones

The tone of the game lies between Both Gta IV and V

A recreation of Orlando, and Tampa Bay will not be present due to Rockstar wanting to Make Vice City be the True focal point of the game

The name of Florida in the hd Universe is simply Florencia

Gun stores are only present in Vice City and they will only provide high end expensive weapons For example M16's, and M1911'sWhile the cheap Low end Weapons like AK's and Glocks will be found in underground gun shops

Children will be present Within the game but only seen in cutscenes in a way that doesn't shatter the immersion when out of the cutscenes

Wouldn't be surprised if a Announcement Happened this year, But if not definitely look forward to 2022

The ETA For release as of right now is Unknown due to the circumstances at hand

I don't see how you all think the "new" Version of GTA V will effect This project, Since the game is nearing the end of Development there's no reason to just withhold it from the public this year although It may be likely to be Announced next year

Edited by TheEggman
  • Like 2
  • YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 4
Kris194

The name of Florida in the hd Universe is simply Florencia

:lol:

• Like 1
Zello

Again with the Casey stuff. Bruh Casey Kasem died in 2014. Shaggy from Scooby-Doo isn't going to be our protagonist.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2
Zello
1 minute ago, seth297 said:

several decades forget about it like i said in rockstar have plenty of scope for a modern day drug smuggling storyline here is some articles to show it 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article194362569.html 

But do they want to?

They've said before that when they think of Vice City they think of the 80s. Miami Vice is also The Houser's favorite show.

FanEu7
6 minutes ago, Zello said:

But do they want to?

They've said before that when they think of Vice City they think of the 80s. Miami Vice is also The Houser's favorite show.

We already did the 80s twice (very well too)..I doubt they will do it again. Also Dan Houser left Rockstar anyway

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
VercettiGuy

Well, this does sound good. As long as online also takes place in the 80s I'm happy.

That being said ... do I believe this "leak"? Nah.

CoryLVV
1 hour ago, testarossa 86 said:

we've also heard the rumors about the story setting foot in South America, which is where the island is apparently located; just off the coast of Colombia.

someone had mentioned if GTA VI is set in the modern day, they would most likely reuse El Rubio in the story as well, which could be possible

or... we could very well just see him once again in a Part 2 update as mentioned.

The island is named Norman's Cay in the Bahamas just above Cuba. I don't think we'll see El Rubio in GTAVI as most of us believe it's going to go back to the '80s. We may see a much much younger El Rubio, but the island could definitely show up.

CoryLVV
31 minutes ago, Zello said:

But do they want to?

24 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

We already did the 80s twice (very well too)..I doubt they will do it again. Also Dan Houser left Rockstar anyway

Vice City IS Miami in the '80s. Miami today is extremely boring compared to 40 years ago. There's nothing for them to really make out of a modern day Miami and I don't think anyone wants a modern day VC anyway. GTAVI will definitely be in the '80s between VC, a Caribbean island, and south amerca.

Len Lfc
36 minutes ago, Zello said:

But do they want to?

That was actually Leslie Benzies who said that. And he's no longer at Rockstar. I brought it up recently, about Miami Vice being Sam's favourite. Definitely moreso than Dan.

I still don't think that, in and of itself definitively proves anything, though. Even if I want it to be true.

• Like 1
FanEu7
12 minutes ago, CoryLVV said:

Vice City IS Miami in the '80s. Miami today is extremely boring compared to 40 years ago. There's nothing for them to really make out of a modern day Miami and I don't think anyone wants a modern day VC anyway. GTAVI will definitely be in the '80s between VC, a Caribbean island, and south amerca.

I guess we will see. I agree that the 80s were the most interesting era of Miami but GTA is a game series. They can just add excitement. Its not like New York is as crazy and dangerous as shown in GTA IV, they increased the crime stuff a lot. With GTA V they even invented some sort of CIA vs FBI conflict and added mercenaries to keep things interesting (modern day LA is not exactly exciting either). 

Going back to 80s Miami would be lazy imho. VC already did it so well and was inspired by Scarface and Miami Vice (the most iconic series & movie from that era). Then we had VCS which added to that.  Its as if they would make another 90s LA game even though SA did it so well. Just focus on new things

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 3
Zello
8 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

We already did the 80s twice (very well too)..

No I disagree. There is so soo much they missed.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 5
CoryLVV
2 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

I guess we will see. I agree that the 80s were the most interesting era of Miami but GTA is a game series. They can just add excitement. Its not like New York is as crazy and dangerous as shown in GTA IV, they increased the crime stuff a lot. With GTA V they even invented some sort of CIA vs FBI conflict and added mercenaries to keep things interesting (modern day LA is not exactly exciting either). 

Going back to 80s Miami would be lazy imho. VC already did it so well and was inspired by Scarface and Miami Vice (the most iconic series & movie from that era). Then we had VCS which added to that.  Its as if they would make another 90s LA game even though SA did it so well. Just focus on new things

But Vice City hasn't been done in the HD universe and the last time we visited VC was 14 years ago in 2006. There's a whole generation of people who have never been to VC and with the technology we have now I really think R* would make VC absolutely breathtaking and it would feel completely different to the game that game out in 2002 and VCS that came out in 2006. 

New York and LA vs. Miami aren't really comparable either. I've been to all three cities within the last 6 years and Miami is incredibly boring compared to the other two. It just feels like a normal city. NYC and LA are far more interesting in the modern day and were a lot easier to bring to life in GTA. The most interesting era of Miami is the drug war in the 80s.

• Like 2
FanEu7
4 minutes ago, Zello said:

No I disagree. There is so soo much they missrd.

For an example? It has to be stuff that fits GTA

VercettiGuy
3 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

Just focus on new things

New things are great, as long as it's not a modern setting.

GTA Online has done the modern setting to absolute death. The next game would feel just the same. At least the 80s in Miami is atmospheric, which V/O never was. It never felt as special as driving around VC or riding around Saint Denis at night. I feel the only place a modern setting could be atmospheric is LC and for now I'd pass on that too.

Modern settings just don't feel that great for me personally. It's just kind of bland.

• Like 1
Chrome Zentorno

I don’t see why it HAS to be the 80s. The 80s has absolutely been done to death.

Muramasa1794
9 minutes ago, CoryLVV said:

But Vice City hasn't been done in the HD universe and the last time we visited VC was 14 years ago in 2006. There's a whole generation of people who have never been to VC and with the technology we have now I really think R* would make VC absolutely breathtaking and it would feel completely different to the game that game out in 2002 and VCS that came out in 2006. 

New York and LA vs. Miami aren't really comparable either. I've been to all three cities within the last 6 years and Miami is incredibly boring compared to the other two. It just feels like a normal city. NYC and LA are far more interesting in the modern day and were a lot easier to bring to life in GTA. The most interesting era of Miami is the drug war in the 80s.

I more see happening in San Fierro with the inclusion of Oakland, Silicon Valley and other towns in the surrounding Bay Area.

Len Lfc
1 minute ago, Chrome Zentorno said:

The 80s has absolutely been done to death.

How so?

EliteGamer_6
7 minutes ago, Chrome Zentorno said:

I don’t see why it HAS to be the 80s. The 80s has absolutely been done to death.

Don't you think the fact that the past 2 major GTAs and GTA Online (2013-present) being in modern times feels repetitive and something that's "been done to death"? Sure, 2008 and 2013 are technically not the same decade, and neither is 2020, which GTA Online currently is in, but everything has been the same for some time now and feels the same.

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • Like 3
  • YEE 1
Chrome Zentorno
Just now, Len Lfc said:

How so?

Vice City and Vice City Stories. You want 80s Miami? Play those. I’d rather them do 90s Los Santos again before they did another 80s VC. This is like people clamoring for late 90s/early 2000s Liberty City for a third time.

CoryLVV

Vice City and Vice City Stories. You want 80s Miami? Play those. I’d rather them do 90s Los Santos again before they did another 80s VC. This is like people clamoring for late 90s/early 2000s Liberty City for a third time.

18 year old game and 14 year old game. Those two games are probably older than some people commenting on this thread. I think 20 years is long enough between '80s era GTA games.

• Like 4
Muramasa1794

Or the 70s. I wouldn’t mind.

Zello
13 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

For an example? It has to be stuff that fits GTA

Iran-contra affair. Where the CIA sold drugs in order to help fund the Contras in Nicaragua. The AIDS epidemic, AIDS was a big scary new disease way back then and people didn't know much about it having a few characters with AIDS would be new.  The Crack epidemic not cocaine, CRACK! far more addictive and tore the inner cities apart in the late 80s.

• Like 3
Chrome Zentorno
5 minutes ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

Don't you think the fact that the past 2 major GTAs and GTA Online (2013-present) being in modern times feels repetitive and something that's "been done to death"?

I would say that a modern world has more variety than an 80s setting. And I wouldn’t consider GTA Online a typical modern setting. It seems like they’re just throwing sh*t at a wall to see what sticks for that one. It’s a modern setting on steroids.

GTA 6 doesn’t need to be “haha neon lights cocaine 80s sports car power ballads and new wave” for a third time.

Edited by Chrome Zentorno
Len Lfc

"Done to death" One game on a PS2, almost 20 years ago. And a much smaller prequel on a handheld device 14 years ago is not being "done to death".

There are more GTA games set in present day, at the time of release (5) than games set in the 80's (2). Not counting GTA Advance.

• Like 8
  • YEE 1
FanEu7
13 minutes ago, CoryLVV said:

I guess it would be interesting to see 80s Miami with current gen graphics but I feel like another drug war story like VC/VCS would feel repetitive. And Rockstar likes to do new things, GTA V could have focused more on gangbanging like SA but instead it was a very small subplot and the main story was completely different. Every GTA game feels very unique overall (main titles at least), doing 80s Miami again would go against that, hell I would prefer remaking VC over going that direction

• Like 1