1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Hacker keeps following me

PunchingBag223

Some kid who hacks needs to get a life because EVERY TIME I log in to GTA online he follows me to my session and messes with me and starts glitching out the session. I just want to play GTA Online with my friends and this jackass keeps ruining the fun. I've blocked him on social club, changed my social club name, and after a week of being inactive he STILL follows me every time I play. It's like either he gets notifications that I'm online or he's just an no-life kid who is always online. All of my friends that play GTA have reported him in-game; and a YT channel even caught him hacking but Rockstar has done NOTHING.  What do I do? Is he tracing my IP, or social club tag? Is there a way to block him in-game? Thanks in advance if any of you are able to help.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, PunchingBag223 said:

What do I do?

Not much you can do. If you want to play with friends without the hassle, you'll have to get all your friends IP addresses and whitelist them and then use Windows Firewall or something like Guardian to only allow certain people (with those IPs) into your session. 

That's all you can do. Cheats can follow you into any session type, with or without your say in the matter.

12 minutes ago, PunchingBag223 said:

Is he tracing my IP, or social club tag?

When you say tracing, what do you mean? 

Depending on which cheat he's using, they'll probably be able to see your IP address, and they might be getting notified (by their cheat menu) as soon as you come online. 
You might be able to change the game privacy settings to "Me Only" via the Social Club overlay to prevent this though. 

16 minutes ago, PunchingBag223 said:

Is there a way to block him in-game? 

Not really, refer to the other two points. 

Of course the other option here is to cheat yourself to have some sort of protection against what's going on in the crazy PC world of GTA Online...

• Like 1

There is a third party solution that manages whitelist only sessions.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link here, but basically you would have to register on a platform as well as your friends, and you would add them on this platform as a friend.

Each of you downloads a programm offered on this platform that offers whitelisted session, blacklisted session setups and so on, even a kick option for unknown players in a session.

No clue if it is against the EULA but honestly nobody should care, after all it is your computer and you decide who gets permission to connect and who doesnt.

That might be a solution for you and your friends...

Edited by PhilPerlmutter
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, PhilPerlmutter said:

There is a third party solution that manages whitelist only sessions.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link here, but basically you would have to register on a platform as well as your friends, and you would add them on this platform as a friend.

Each of you downloads a programm offered on this platform that offers whitelisted session, blacklisted session setups and so on, even a kick option for unknown players in a session.

No clue if it is against the EULA but honestly nobody should care, after all it is your computer and you decide who gets permission to connect and who doesnt.

That might be a solution for you and your friends...

Thanks! Would you mind DMing me what the name of the program is?

• Like 1

I almost swore I already mentioned that but my post has seemingly been overlooked... 🤷‍♂️

bcHL5Pw.png

You could literally google "gta pc whitelist friends" and you'd get multiple options. 

25 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

I almost swore I already mentioned that but my post has seemingly been overlooked... 🤷‍♂️

bcHL5Pw.png

You could literally google "gta pc whitelist friends" and you'd get multiple options. 

The way you described it was more vague than the way the other guy described it so I didn't realize you all were talking about the same thing.  You act like you're annoyed when you're the one that chose to respond... but thanks anyway.

34 minutes ago, PunchingBag223 said:

The way you described it was more vague than the way the other guy described it so I didn't realize you all were talking about the same thing.  You act like you're annoyed when you're the one that chose to respond... but thanks anyway.

Well I'd quoted you and asked a question back over some uncertainty and that was ignored, and in light of the other response(s) too, I had wondered if my post vanished or lost visibility or something, that's why I put the image in rather than actually quoting myself. No biggie there since it can be seen, I guess I'm being a bit paranoid on that one 🙄

I'll try to be less vague though and... isn't it good to be helpful? I actually received a forum award once due to my activity in this very section - I like to help and that's why I popped in here. :) 

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 1

Sorry, I indeed did overread the Guardian part or to me more accurate, understood it as you meant a general third party firewall guardian application (not the digital arc guardian for GTA Online) in that context somehow.

Edited by PhilPerlmutter
5 hours ago, PhilPerlmutter said:

Sorry, I indeed did overread the Guardian part or to me more accurate, understood it as you meant a general third party firewall guardian application (not the digital arc guardian for GTA Online) in that context somehow.

It's fine - I didn't explain well and there's already far better sources with that info - Windows Firewall, Guardian and the others can all do the same thing in fact one or two of the programs just add a rule to the windows firewall and modify it with the IP values set over time. 

Anyway, aside from the ignorance, I was way too wasted last night sorry. Had to put one of my cats down who'd been having an uphill struggle so that was hanging over me. 

Edited by Gaffa
  • 2 weeks later...

Get a VPN. If you changed your identity and he is still up your ass then your IP is most likely what is alerting him that your online.  Or whitelist like others have suggested. The good news is that there is a pretty high chance that they don't know how to do anything outside the mod menu so once you do either (vpn or whitelist) you'll never hear from them again.