Next-Gen Speculation Thread for PS5 & Xbox Series X|S

videotechx

O3mMU3G.png

Welcome to the speculation thread where we discuss the possibility of seeing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox Series X|S and PS5.

Please follow the GTAFourms guidelines at all times in your posts.

MKSMGXA.png

Rockstar Games has not announced a new version of the game yet.

3VOmxIF.png

Yes. You can still play your original copy from Xbox One or PS4 on Xbox Series X|S or PS5 via backwards compatibility with performance improvements.

Last updated on 2 May 2021

Edited by VideoTech_

ALifeOfMisery

I hope we get a next gen port of RDR2, as I've said elsewhere, I'm not sure the game needs the E&E treatment visually, but features such as the R* editor and better still, SP content (I'm probably hoping for too much there, RDO would likely be the main beneficiary), would be more than welcome.

The lack of news, so far, concerns me a little. Do R* even have the appetite for it? 

Obviously much will be made of GTA V E&E in the run up to its release and I'd expect there will be a push to hype up the first GTAO DLC to release after V E&E has dropped, so, if we are to get a next gen port of RDR2, I don't think it will come before 2022, with an announcement at some point in the first half of 2021, before R*s attention is fully on V E&E.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I hope we get a next gen port of RDR2, as I've said elsewhere, I'm not sure the game needs the E&E treatment visually, but features such as the R* editor and better still, SP content (I'm probably hoping for too much there, RDO would likely be the main beneficiary), would be more than welcome.

The lack of news, so far, concerns me a little. Do R* even have the appetite for it? 

Obviously much will be made of GTA V E&E in the run up to its release and I'd expect there will be a push to hype up the first GTAO DLC to release after V E&E has dropped, so, if we are to get a next gen port of RDR2, I don't think it will come before 2022, with an announcement at some point in the first half of 2021, before R*s attention is fully on V E&E.

Absolutely agreed!

Definitely no visual upgrades are required for a new port. Rockstar has done a brilliant job with the game on PC using the ultra setting preset so hopefully they could just increase some visual settings on the consoles. Though I'd like to see some graphical options in the game similar to what Devil May Cry is doing so you can either pick a performance mode option for 60 FPS or an option to prioritize the visuals with a 30 FPS cap.

Edited by VideoTech_
  • Like 2

ALifeOfMisery
7 hours ago, VideoTech_ said:

Though I'd like to see some graphical options in the game similar to what Devil May Cry is doing so you can either pick a performance mode option for 60 FPS or an option to prioritize the visuals with a 30 FPS cap.

Options like this would be great. Even thought I don't think RDR2 needs a visual upgrade for next gen, it would be great to play SP in 4k and 60fps in console.

Aside from visuals and features such as the R* editor, I'd love to see R* go all out and implement the full RDR map into RDR2. I realize that I'm in full on wish list territory here, but Nuevo Paraiso would be a huge selling point for an RDR2 E&E edition on next gen, both for SP and as the first next gen exclusive RDO update.

• Like 2

Red Dead 2 runs at locked 30 FPS on Xbox Series X as just reported by Digtal Foundry! And even has upgraded texture filtering too. No work was needed by Rockstar, hopefully soon we hear some details on a patch to unlock the frame-rate.

s8pz2wM.jpg

Today would've been the perfect day to announce RDR2 on next-gen, on it's two year anniversary. I'm really getting a bit concerned that we haven't heard anything yet, makes me think Rockstar will just make it backwards compatible and that's it? Would be a big disappointment, RDR2 deserves to get a port and some new content for the next few years. 

• Like 4

What I want and what I think we will get (more or less nada) is two entirely different things ... but that said, what I really want is a substantial addition of the Catalogue items (clothing, guns, horsies) from RDO. Personally, I am most interested in clothings and customization and would gladly way pay too much money for such a DLC. More hairstyles and trapper items would also be grand. I would (of course) also like a hefty addition of random encounters and missions but I think that the chance for that is even slimmer. 

Edited by Bakamomo

14 hours ago, GTAJip said:

Today would've been the perfect day to announce RDR2 on next-gen, on it's two year anniversary. I'm really getting a bit concerned that we haven't heard anything yet, makes me think Rockstar will just make it backwards compatible and that's it? Would be a big disappointment, RDR2 deserves to get a port and some new content for the next few years. 

That’s a lot of money to leave on the table by not getting everyone to buy a game they’ve already developed a second time. They did it for GTAV — though, granted, that had an online mode that was actually turning a profit.

HeyThereFriend

All I want is a fix for the broken "Greet" dialogue. Weather it be a patch for next gen or a full remaster.

I just upgraded from a crappy old TV to a 4K one, so I feel like I’m next gen already playing RDR2. My God it’s beautiful.

A re-release on next gen needs to offer something to make it worthwhile, other than a simple graphics boost. It’s hard to figure out what they might do though.

In an ideal world the rumour of them remastering the original Red Dead Redemption and bundling it with 2 would be absolutely perfect. They could then add Mexico to Online, which would breathe some new life into it.

Christ knows if they could be bothered though. They certainly have the resources. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Darealbandicoot

So far, RDR2 loading times via BC on XSX and PS5 are OK but nothing to shout about. The game should be a locked 30 no matter what though 

• 2 weeks later...

There was that RDR remaster Amazon leak and they're adding ray tracing to the second game apparently.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram Spectrum | PRO X Superlight 2 | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

19 hours ago, DEALUX said:

There was that RDR remaster Amazon leak and they're adding ray tracing to the second game apparently.

I really want this to be true

Edited by cremefraiche

nicktestbranch

I am hoping they do port this, and Red Dead Redemption remake, onto the current gen. The Rockstar Editor would be super awesome to have too because I've been wanting to make a cinematic telling of the Red Dead Redemption story, obviously starting with Arthur's story and ending with Jack Marston's. I'd likely split it into two parts, each 2 1/2 to 3 hours long given there's a ton of material to work with. Basically, make the story into two movies. My dad will never play video games, but he was intrigued by the RDR II story when I told him bits and pieces of it, particularly the concept of a gang in the death of the Old West, and the great downfall of Dutch van der Linde. 

Looks like the only plans for now is separating RDR2 and RDO. 

Good I don't want that sh*t taking space on my Red Dead Redemption II.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheJesus1996 said:

I was thinking, if anything it prevent RDO updates from bugging out the Story Mode lol 

• Like 1

Red_hot_redemption

When online goes separate will that help those of us who only play story mode single player at all? Will it run better or take up less space on our console? Or no difference 

Darealbandicoot
17 hours ago, Red_hot_redemption said:

When online goes separate will that help those of us who only play story mode single player at all? Will it run better or take up less space on our console? Or no difference 

No difference since Online is bundled with story mode no matter what.

I saw the leaked Amazon images. It looks legit. So, I should hold off playing RDR (2010) on my Series X until next year? 😛 

And I only just finished RDR2 story (after 2 years :D) so my next playthrough of the story will hopefully be with ray-tracing and in 4K! Just need to get a 4K TV. 

29 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I saw the leaked Amazon images. It looks legit. So, I should hold off playing RDR (2010) on my Series X until next year? 😛 

And I only just finished RDR2 story (after 2 years :D) so my next playthrough of the story will hopefully be with ray-tracing and in 4K! Just need to get a 4K TV. 

The Amazon thing was debunked. 

Although, if you have a SeriesX now is the best time to have ever played RDR1. With the 4k enhancement and now AutoHDR on the SeriesX, it’s by far the best visual experience you’ll get 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

The Amazon thing was debunked. 

Although, if you have a SeriesX now is the best time to have ever played RDR1. With the 4k enhancement and now AutoHDR on the SeriesX, it’s by far the best visual experience you’ll get 

Ah.. OK. Didn't know that. 

And yeah, I'm happy with the enhancement they did for One X. Remake or not, I'm satisfied. 

PS5 REALLY needs a patch as it still uses the PS4 Pro graphical preset. It looks really bad with the checkerboard rendering. I hope Rockstar bumps the res to native 4K for next week's patch.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, TheJesus1996 said:

it's probably going to be Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online in one application like it is right now, you're just locked out of Single Player.

So it won't change anything from a technicality standpoint besides adding a paywall to access StoryMode for those who have bought it for Online only.

2 hours ago, MaddenedGhost said:

it's probably going to be Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online in one application like it is right now, you're just locked out of Single Player.

So it won't change anything from a technicality standpoint besides adding a paywall to access StoryMode for those who have bought it for Online only.

Yeah I just heard that... it sucks smh 

• 1 month later...
BoulderFaceplant
On 11/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, VideoTech_ said:

PS5 REALLY needs a patch as it still uses the PS4 Pro graphical preset. It looks really bad with the checkerboard rendering. I hope Rockstar bumps the res to native 4K for next week's patch.

Yeah, honestly R* have been so lazy on this that I feel undignified going back to the game right now. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
The Tracker
3 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

How has this game not got a next gen version yet?

Because Rockstar hasn't figured out how to fit an opressor in a stagecoach.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1