2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

"No saved games present on the hard disk drive"

This looks like a very new problem linked to the Complete Edition of the game, where it can no longer identify save games in the profile folder. Every single time I try to open the load menu, the game flashes a list of "ghost" slots (explained in the next paragraph) and then returns a "no saved games present on the hard disk drive" message. I can only start the intro mission. Resyncing saves from the RSG doesn't help either, since it seems the game completely forgotten how to read all save slots.

The problem only began very recently. I make it a habit of renaming saves into storage when the slots are filled up (since I'm doing a mission-to-mission save collection for archive purpose). But as I was clearing said slots for future saves on Wednesday, the slots started displaying "ghost" saves with missions names from the very start of my playthrough but without the date and time.

4B54Bx9.jpeg

As long as there is still one slot in the menu with an identifiable date and time, I was still able to access it, even save over these ghost saves and load the saves I created/place within these slots, although the slots continue to display ghost savenames. Today I accidentally renamed a save from the only slot that displayed properly, and now I'm completely locked out of being able to load or save.

enprTQh.jpg

I need some advice on this before I consider reinstalling this game (since I would also have to go through the headache of reinstalling mods to fix this garbage port).

Edited by MP5

I just can't believe how many legit owners have problems with this sh*tty RGSC.

Are you locked on to RGSC saves or would you consider downgrading and switching to GFWL saves through XLivelesdAddon? I did that and never had load / save problems ever since.

Might not work at all. This is a fresh CE installation on a new PC build which means it won't have any remnants of GFWL data.

I didn't sync the saves to the cloud when the problem started. I also reinstalled the game and cleared caches and userdata, and the game still refuses to identify any saves. If RGSC's syncing managed to bug out in spite of all this meaning to be offline, I'll be livid.

It's even more frustrating is that this bug seems to be undocumented with so little info or response on something this monumentally gamebreaking. This game is f*cked up.

Edited by MP5
42 minutes ago, MP5 said:

still right about this port being god awful after a decade

Well technically you have RGSC issue that has nothing to do with the port. Why don't you give downgrade a try https://ant-sh.blogspot.com/2020/09/easy-downgrade-gta-iv-to-1040.html

Then you may be able to uninstall that PoS RGL/RGSC and run the game directly through GTAIV.exe, it works very well for me.

BTW your RGSC saves can be converted to older GFWL saves using https://gtasnp.com/  - 

you upload your RGSC savegame and then download downgraded savegame by clicking Modifications / Downgrade version select "1.0.8.0 IV / 1.1.3.0 EFLC and older". This savegame can be successfuly loaded in downgraded 1.0.7.0 with XLivelessAddon, just put it into %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames.

Thanks. I'll give it a go later and report back.

Also, is it possible for saves to be interchangable between pre-CE and CE versions?

7 hours ago, MP5 said:

Thanks. I'll give it a go later and report back.

Also, is it possible for saves to be interchangable between pre-CE and CE versions?

CE loads pre-CE saves, but pre-CE cannot load CE save without modification which is done by gtasnp.com

13 minutes ago, ant_sh said:

CE loads pre-CE saves, but pre-CE cannot load CE save without modification which is done by gtasnp.com

It's hell of a lot of hoops to jump just so I can access saves.

Isn't there anything more that can be done with CE itself?

Edited by MP5
2 minutes ago, MP5 said:

Feels like a hell of a lot of hoops to jump just so I can access saves. Honestly I don't even know if it's worth it to do this.

Isn't there anything that can be done with CE's bed sh*tting bug?

IMHO you would be better off in the end if you just downgraded using my guide, converted your 1 last save with gtasnp.com and then stick with GFWL saves. But there is another let's just say "alternative" route that is tested to work in conjunction with RGSC emulator if you are willing to venture there.

2 minutes ago, ant_sh said:

IMHO you would be better off in the end if you just downgraded using my guide, converted your 1 last save with gtasnp.com and then stick with GFWL saves. But there is another let's just say "alternative" route that is tested to work in conjunction with RGSC emulator if you are willing to venture there.

I'll run this through support staff first, then I'll weigh the alternatives if that doesn't work. Thanks for the pointers. Will keep you posted.

So there was recent inquiry by another user about it. Turns out it's likely that soundtrack mods might have messed with the ability for the game to function properly.

Reinstalled the game completely void of mods and the load/save function finally works normally again.

Not sure why this bug only surfaced this recently, but it's still not hard to suspect that it's a serverside issue.