4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

15 minutes ago, Arthur Bell said:

In case I haven't been clear enough, I really don't believe the map in the OP is real, since there's far more going against it with easy evidence than for it, but I enjoy the discussion nonetheless. I didn't expect it to catch on so quickly.

I find it really surprising that many people are quick to believe that it’s true. 
Badger Goodger made a good video about it:

Edited by MrBreak16

1 hour ago, Black_Jesus said:

In 80 years there won't be a Miami anymore. 

This guitar will be literally sticking out the ocean.

That in itself unfolds a whole truck load of interesting ideas. More than likely Miami will try the Dutch approach first - build loads of dykes so even though they're eventually below sea level they can keep going. Except that the Netherlands doesn't get cat 5 hurricanes and catastrophic tidal surges several times a decade. So in 80 years you'll have a weird semi-abandoned place formerly known as Miami, mostly trashed with land value next to zero, but with communities still there if they can adapt to quickly getting the hell out of dodge and then returning to pick up the pieces after a storm. Anyway, that's (probably) outside of the scope of Six. 

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

I find it really surprising that many people are quick to believe that it’s true. 
Badger Goodger made a good video about it:

f*cking love the Badger.

BigFloppySausageTits
On 10/12/2020 at 8:18 PM, Razed- said:

I believe that the "GTAVI" map shared in this thread is completely fake. As someone that lives in Miami, I feel like the scale is completely weird. Miami is supposed to stretch way further down past the Miami Beach / Key Biscayne islands on the right. The transition between city and countryside seems fake with little to no effort put into it. If Rockstar were doing a re-imagined Vice City then they would most likely add the surrounding areas as well and scale it properly like they did with Los Santos. It would probably be more like this as opposed to the images posted on that twitter account in which the city cuts off and there is a really long stretch of land to the bottom. The long stretch of land should only be towards the left of the map. The Los Santos map is accurate in terms of shape when put next to the Los Angeles map so that's why I think Rockstar wouldn't mess this up.

What's the source on that 4chan thread? (https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/527916903/an-island)

It was created on Oct 9, 2020 and only has ten posts with zero references to GTA in the entire thread. There is a very, very slim chance that someone saw it in the sea of dozens of threads that get posted every second and went "Oh! That's from the GTA VI map leak on Twitter! Let me post it on GTAForums and Reddit for everyone!". This means that whoever provided the source is the person behind this fake leak. So I'm curious about the source now.

But then again, many places in LA were missing in V, aswell as anaheim and numerous iconic areas. The shape was similar yes, but it was baby food compared to actual LA. The main complaint for some people is that sh*t part of the map. 

Edited by BigFloppySausageTits

Hey ya'll. Managed to upscale the "leaked" map a bit using AI technic. It was a bit easier for me as I'm a graphic designer, but it's still not 10000% clear. Hopefully these do help figuring out if it's real or not. 

BBSCFaO.jpg

cNOlf6C.jpg

Edit: Why is that intersection so big compared to the rest of the road ? 🤔

Edited by Lazlow007

11 minutes ago, Lazlow007 said:

Why is that intersection so big compared to the rest of the road ?

I'd recommend scaling it down to match the size of the one in GTA V. Looks to be about the same size. So I'd say it just 'looks' big, because we're suspicious of it.

1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

I'd recommend scaling it down to match the size of the one in GTA V. Looks to be about the same size. So I'd say it just 'looks' big, because we're suspicious of it.

Yeah, now it makes more sense. Replaced the intersection manually and it fits perfectly. It was blurred out after the process haha.

Zn1I7nI.jpg

Edited by Lazlow007

Just now, Lazlow007 said:

Yeah, now it makes more sense. Replaced the intersection manually and it fits perfectly. It was blurred out after the process haha.

Zn1I7nI.jpg

Great work! While I don't outright believe it's real. I also don't agree with many of the criticisms of the map. Everything about the map, to me, looks 'about right'. Scale, size, general geography, etc. It all fits and feels like a map Rockstar would make. Looking forward to the game finally being announced so we can find out! Hope to god it's fake, though.

2 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Great work! While I don't outright believe it's real. I also don't agree with many of the criticisms of the map. Everything about the map, to me, looks 'about right'. Scale, size, general geography, etc. It all fits and feels like a map Rockstar would make. Looking forward to the game finally being announced so we can find out! Hope to god it's fake, though.

Agree. I've been looking at it for hours now and it looks just like a typical Rockstar Map. Every well-known land mark/building is there and well compacted as a down-scaled version. It's either real or a very well made fake. 

21 minutes ago, Lazlow007 said:

Agree. I've been looking at it for hours now and it looks just like a typical Rockstar Map. Every well-known land mark/building is there and well compacted as a down-scaled version. It's either real or a very well made fake. 

No obvious port/docks, though. Hmm....

• Like 2

Any funny games and all but.. Wheres my Liberty City at?

It would be little waste of potential to not add LC with this map..

Edited by SMC TBane

r/GTA6 - Comparison of the two maps

Comparing this island to the leak from 2018 (top one) and the one from a few days, or weeks ago idk, this looks like a process for me. Even the "main" island is like 40-50 % done. I´m not a fan of saying that this map is legit but i think it is. Rockstar did the same with GTA V and GTA IV, they also had some, i would say, drawing of the the maps like how it could be. If this is a real leak the i would say GTA VI is coming in end of 2022.

36 minutes ago, SMC TBane said:

Any funny games and all but.. Wheres my Liberty City at?

think it's in 2008 in a small game that came out called GTA IV

I dont know. I remember not believing that the leaked RDR 2 map was legit and obviously it turned out to be, but if you compare that map to what we actually got there really aren't any major landscape differences. With this, it just seems like the differences in landscape with the most recent leak compared to the old one are too drastic, but who knows?  That might be what gives it more legitimacy as it could show studio overhaul, if it was fraudulent I feel like the most recent leak would be an exact recreation.  

3 hours ago, Lazlow007 said:

Zn1I7nI.jpg

i really dislike the Biscayne Bay and Vice Beach part of this map. VB is lacking any canals and the bay looks just flat out empty. even more than in the OG game

1 hour ago, Eternal Moonshine said:

i really dislike the Biscayne Bay and Vice Beach part of this map. VB is lacking any canals and the bay looks just flat out empty. even more than in the OG game

I agree it looks very empty. But maybe this was an early version so hopefully it would have been changed. (If it's even true).

Although, the whole twitter account behind the map makes me think it's an elaborate fake. The map itself isn't bad or anything. But it seems like the guy planned it all and had time to do so. 

22 hours ago, Black_Jesus said:

In 80 years there won't be a Miami anymore. 

This guitar will be literally sticking out the ocean.

HardRockHollywood_Guitar07v2.jpg

I live 3 mins away from that Hard Rock..  That guitar shoots beams of light into the sky that annoys the hell outta me.

That guitar is real obnoxious in person

• KEKW 8

Man this one is really tearing me. I keep trying to convince myself it’s fake and a lot of the reasons people have highlighted in here as to why it is make sense, but I just can’t shake this one.

Just now, YNNEL said:

but I just can’t shake this one.

If it helps you feel better, just remember how many trolls are out there. And for big series like GTA, there exist many people who just want to fool you and laugh at your misery.

39 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

If it helps you feel better, just remember how many trolls are out there. And for big series like GTA, there exist many people who just want to fool you and laugh at your misery.

yea true. But this would be next level dedication for trolling lol. 

5 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

yea true. But this would be next level dedication for trolling lol. 

This is just a map. People have done worse things in the past.

• Like 3

I'm not so sure that this AI exuberance tells us much. All AI does at the moment is to re-articulate what it has learned before. If we had fed it a visual diet of pictures of stakes, the urban part of that environment would have looked like a quite realistic steak.

I'm still pretty sure this was a concept map at best, and if so it is one that was scunnered a long time ago. 

Edited by Volatollotalov

3 hours ago, JStarr31 said:

I live 3 mins away from that Hard Rock..  That guitar shoots beams of light into the sky that annoys the hell outta me.

That guitar is real obnoxious in person

Lol hey neighbor... Im only 5 mins away from there and its not that bad.

As someone I would say is an expert on map creating and photoshopping, I can see some strong signs that this map was most likely made in photoshop. The biggest givaway would be the evenness of the beach around the island.

rKrilsk.jpg

Not often do islands have perfect beaches all around them. As well as there being almost no depth to the island through the water surface. The water it's self also looks like just a cloud filter.  I've studied many islands recently because of Guarma and can say that I'm more positive that this is fan made rather than legit. I could be wrong, but that's just my feeling.

My previous mapping work as an example of how beaches, land formations and sea interact with each other:

jImtTch.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r

I personally think this is a map really early in the map development stage. I reckon they create the whole map roughly then scale in the details within it. If this is the case then the’ve been doing this for the last two years. Maybe a 2022 release? 
Guessing if they went into full development right after RDR2, with concepts before then. 
This would be in line with what Jason was saying that it’s in early development?