3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

Umm... yeah, sure. Mountains... okay... so interesting. Sorry, but after Grand Theft Auto V and mountains on every corner I say: Thank You, I don't need no mountains. Maybe one. But, come on. 

GTAForums before Grand Theft Auto VI is released: Oh man, I want swamps and mountains!

GTAForums after Grand Theft Auto VI is released: Oh man, too many swamps and too many mountains! WTF!

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

17 minutes ago, Americana said:

Umm... yeah, sure. Mountains... okay... so interesting. Sorry, but after Grand Theft Auto V and mountains on every corner I say: Thank You, I don't need no mountains. Maybe one. But, come on. 

GTAForums before Grand Theft Auto VI is released: Oh man, I want swamps and mountains!

GTAForums after Grand Theft Auto VI is released: Oh man, too many swamps and too many mountains! WTF!

Yeah i hate the mountains too, they should've made the desert much bigger instead of having mountains everywhere. The lack of a proper desert in V makes me wish that there would be Las Venturas in VI.

is likely a scaled down bogota assuming the map is real pray it is but who knows bit like la bogota is a city with large mountains right behind it                           

I think it's fake, simply because the iconic parts of miami are not nearly big enaugh while the mostly uninteresting area in the west is too big. Also, there are many important parts missing that rockstar would never forget. For example, there are only 2 of the actual 3 venetian islands. Also the miami harbor is missing in the south of the map. This map literally doesn´t have a harbor in the main city which doesn´t make any sense.

Edited by Madman1899

5 hours ago, ZacCoxTV said:

LMAO! I got around -65 downvotes on Reddit back in February for saying that the GTA themed Super Bowl commercial was not a reference to GTA 6 or hinting at anything. 

maybe you should make a video with all the times you and other people were downvoted to oblivion for saying something that doesn't sit well with the hive mind. to open people's eyes a little and help them realize that what they want to be true and what is true are often two different things

Edited by Eternal Moonshine
  • Like 3

Guess I'll be eating my own words then, I was one of the folks saying this map leak is fake as sh*t but I guess this new post on 4chan surprised everyone.

Vice City and its land looks to be slighlty bigger than southern san andreas, but since there are other relatively big cities spread on the countryside, I'm ok with only having Vice City as the main location of the game.

I really don't see nothing appealing on Cuba and Colombia as another location, since they are split by the ocean.

One thing is for certain though, I'm expecting a lot of boat and airplane missions on that whole body of water, should be very interesting if we are also seeing some underwater action which was thoroughly lacking in V.

Also I have a bad feeling that Colombia will be a landlocked map that we can only access while on a mission, like North Yankton.

Edited by Pedinhuh

I used to think these leaks were fake, but your post gives me hope. I always wanted the GTA 6 map to feature one main city with a countryside highway connecting to a smaller minor city with its own airport, and this map delivers IMO. 

Dropping this here. Looks like Video Game Marketing's E3 2015 pictures are screenshots from E3 videos. One of his E3 pictures is YouTube thumbnail from Bethesdas E3 Conference from 2015.

5 minutes ago, VX97 said:

Dropping this here. Looks like Video Game Marketing's E3 2015 pictures are screenshots from E3 videos. One of his E3 pictures is YouTube thumbnail from Bethesdas E3 Conference from 2015.

RIP this leaks credibility.

Hats off for his dedication to this leak he made up 6 years ago.

56 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

what would those islands be... Cuba? Haiti?

To the east that's probably an island belonging to the Bahamas (the shape of the island looks very similar to the island of New Providence) if we are pretending that it's geographically accurate. To the south, those would be the Florida Keys. The tiny ones on the larger image I have no idea of. Maybe Turks and Caicos. The southernmost could be the island of Hispaniola or Puerto Rico. However its shape is a bit like Jamaica's.

The map looks good but I am not buying it. Something about it just says hoax.

Edited by GhettoJesus

9 hours ago, Americana said:

I'm open minded when it's coming to including mountains and mountain ranges. You simply have to make them interesting and explorable. Mountains especially are a good way to isolate areas and make them feel secluded.

The mountains in GTA V simply sucked ass regarding exploration and placement. Chiliad looks so unnaturally cramped on the top of the map, next to the ocean. Should have been a spread out mountain in a forest, not at the edge of the map.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VX97 said:

5 and a half years.

12 hours ago, VX97 said:

Rockstar knows how to make beautiful environment. Look at the RDR2 Lemoyne Swamps, the environment is mindblowing, Rockstar knows how to make environment interesting and beautiful, mountains or not. And in the map leak the bigger island has mountains, which makes me think that island is supposed to be Colombia. Colombia in real life has mountains.

colombian-mountains-coffee-plantation.jp

Thats a game ? Holy sh*t im still living in 2010

m11zsm6be3t51.pngInteresting...

The urban areas look good. I’m glad they are sticking with the same scale, keeps it consistent with LS and LC. Quality over quantity and it’s all about the atmosphere anyway. More realistic city size would have too many samey areas. 

Concerning though is all that countryside, it’s more wasted space. The mainland looks almost exactly like GTA V’s map, same shape and everything except with the city at the top. 

Late to join the party, but the map looks really similar to GTAV's if turned upside down. I'd be surprised if such a similar layout were used, especially if it the other islands are dwarfed so drastically. Besides, what studio uses renders to represent in-dev game map layout in the first place? RDR2's leaked map had the grid and everything clearly marked on it, meanwhile this just feels like it was taken from somewhere, squashed together and faked with a crappy camera.

I don't feel the follow-up image means anything as the Tweet author could've easily just drawn over that, sent it and held onto the original for a while.

• Like 1

Guys, everything regarding map leaks is fake until proven real since Rockstar is the serious company, and 2 map leaks years before the release is a serious issue. But it seems like some prefer the opposite.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

Guys, everything regarding map leaks is fake until proven real since Rockstar is the serious company, and 2 map leaks years before the release is a serious issue. But it seems like some prefer the opposite.

Exactly, I think we should stay skeptical about it and not be like "oH iT’s pRoBabLy rEaL bEcAuSe iT lOoK a lItTlE bIt lIkE vIcE cItY"

In case I haven't been clear enough, I really don't believe the map in the OP is real, since there's far more going against it with easy evidence than for it, but I enjoy the discussion nonetheless. I didn't expect it to catch on so quickly.

15 minutes ago, Arthur Bell said:

In case I haven't been clear enough, I really don't believe the map in the OP is real, since there's far more going against it with easy evidence than for it, but I enjoy the discussion nonetheless. I didn't expect it to catch on so quickly.

I find it really surprising that many people are quick to believe that it’s true. 
Badger Goodger made a good video about it:

Edited by MrBreak16